Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The love for Rojo after two decent games is hard to fathom for me when in his previous appearances he's been (no other way to describe it other than) horrible.

JeffBoomTetris

The love for Rojo after two decent games is hard to fathom for me when in his previous appearances he's been (no other way to describe it other than) horrible.
When some people spew vitriol at him, it is said to be fair criticism. But, now when people are praising good performances, it is branded as love?

No. It is known as calling a spade a spade. 2 games, yes. But, 2 performances to judge and most people have been fair without going overboard

redflair

A convenient whipping boy for United's troubles right now.

Has generally looked comfortable at centre back.

Less so at left back.

Could now get a long run in the team - and deserves it (although the long shot against Burnley in the stoppage time was foolish in the extreme).

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
@Emdad Ahmed We have seen posters say he's good in the air pacey and there is a reason Zidane wanted him in the summer.
Let's be honest he's had a fair few games now and he's been sluggish lazy looks unfit poor on the ball and been rash often switching off a set pieces. Just my opinion he should be moved on if we receive any offer around the fee we received. We moved on better players to give him this chance. Not good enough.

Ban

I guess it's forbidden to say he had a good game, it's automatically a 'love' for him.

LouisDanGaal

I remember when everyone used to really like him, he hasn't looked good enough a lot, especially last season, but he's played well in the last couple of games, so fingers crossed he keeps up that form, even if he isn't going to be a starter its good to have an option as bailly post injury will be going to afcon and is injured for two months so we need players to keep the other two CB's on their toes.

JeffBoomTetris

@Emdad Ahmed there is a reason Zidane wanted him in the summer.
Whoever said that wasn't thinking clearly
Let's be honest he's had a fair few games now and he's been sluggish lazy looks unfit poor on the ball
The bolded part's not true. He is quite good with the ball. Maybe not quite as intelligent as Blind. But he is a better ball player than Smalling
Just my opinion he should be moved on if we receive any offer around the fee we received
Agreed provided we get better options in the next transfer
Not good enough.
In the light of last season, sure. But we've seen certain players perform and certain others fail under certain managers... ahem ahem... lvg. Under him, Fellaini and Young looked great but others like Herrera clearly struggled. You never know if Rojo might work out under Mourinho

redpatron

motm for me as well, seemed like the only one out there that cared and put up a fight.

DocRockter

Another good game for him, now look for him to go play for Argentina and injure himself. But as a 26-year old CB(this is his position) he's far from done at United.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Looks like the only player that really wants to impress. Martial was good for the first half but died off, apart from that everybody was pretty poor.

Acole9

Outstanding
I must've been watching a different player, he was at fault for the first goal even though it was a great goal. He's nowhere near good enough to be at this club even only as a squad player. It baffles me as to how he's an Argentina international, they must have very slim pickings for defenders.

donkeyfish

I too gave him MOTM, or "least worst" really. I'm not sure about the roles on the first goal. The striker is between two players, one of them needs to be closer. Possibly his fault, depending on the instructions.

But, I thought he showed some heart yesterday. When he made a run for the touchline in the 89th minute e.g., our fecking CB. Good show that

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Evra had a slow start when he came to United. Look how he turned out. Not saying Rojo will achieve those heights but he ain't getting worse. At least he drives the play forward and has been looking more solid recently. Long may it continue.

Swansea 1:3 Man Utd

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
I am the one who hates him the most at this club, however I have given him MOTM about 2-3 times this season :houllier: He's starting to come around. I actually like him better as a CB than out wide. I'd say there's a chance he might even make it here - if only as a squad player.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
He's doing a fine job at CB.

I hope to never see him in any other position though and I'm fine with him being a squad player

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He is a very reasonable centre back. Nothing really to do today, but he looks infinitely more comfortable and suited there. Not much of a surprise. We all knew he was an emergency left back at best and he was brought in as a centre back. Looks good on the ball in central positions when he's not pinned to the touchline. He did will bringing the ball out in Blind's absence.

jem

Rapidly changing my opinion on this guy. More of this please.

Lowkey

May not be the most talented CB but Jose will like him because he works his socks off and puts in 100% so if thats the case, then i want him in this team where it seems there are others who dont seem to be playing for the badge so to speak

kundalini

He failed to clear the ball, forcing Darmian to concede the free-kick which resulted in them scoring, otherwise he seemed to play well. Not sure who was meant to be marking the goal scorer.

3KDré

Only saw the last 20 minutes of the match, how was the Jones-Rojo relationship working out? Bromance?
Had nothing to do so we can't really say. Our goal was conceded because Jones lost his man and Rojo's error led to the freekick if that helps.

Morpheus 7

He's fecking useless, even against a rubbish Swansea team he still makes mistakes. That clearance that led to there goal is Rojo, unreliable. Darmian clipped him because they were in. It's fine saying he looks good against a rotated City side, Burnley, Fenerbache and a gash Swansea side. The difference will be if we play him against Arsenal next? I don't fancy Walcott or Sanchez running against him. Some of you lot in here do jump the gun. He had very little to do in that game and the mistakes were creeping near the end. We miss Bailly and Smalling in my opinion, even on a off day they are superior, not to mention Blind.

Manny

Grammar Police
Looked good today.

Good use of the ball, calm, composed. Usually has a good control of any situation.

thepolice123

He's pretty decent at CB. Most importantly he's good on the ball and doesn't dallies on it.

Sylar

Imagine if Rojo / Baily becomes our permanent fixture. Madness.

Hes a LCB and has been decent/good for the last few games there.
At LB, hes the worst player we have.

Ban

He's fecking useless, even against a rubbish Swansea team he still makes mistakes. That clearance that led to there goal is Rojo, unreliable. Darmian clipped him because they were in. It's fine saying he looks good against a rotated City side, Burnley, Fenerbache and a gash Swansea side. The difference will be if we play him against Arsenal next? I don't fancy Walcott or Sanchez running against him. Some of you lot in here do jump the gun. He had very little to do in that game and the mistakes were creeping near the end. We miss Bailly and Smalling in my opinion, even on a off day they are superior, not to mention Blind.
Fair play, you found one mistake.

DJRED97

Fair play, you found one mistake.
Wasn't even an error of judgement (which you associate Rojo with). Just a miskick. He looked fine today and he plays some great passes straight into the forwards.

Morpheus 7

Bailly had mistakea too though so.
So your happy going forward with Rojo as our first choice CB? The difference is Bailly is quality and Rojo is crap. Bailly is calm on the ball and is an excellent tackler. Rojo has always had a mistake in him, his concentration his horrific. It's fine against Swansea and Burnley but he'll be found out against a better side. He's proved it throughout his time at United, why doubt it now.

Sylar

Baily has given away worse free kicks (tbh Rojo didnt even give away the free-kick, he just miss-kicked the ball).

Trizy

Was very good today. Would have him above Blind as back up to Smalling/Baily.

Status
Not open for further replies.