Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

twitter thread suggester
He must be one of the least intelligent players in the league.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Harsh, he's done ok (shooting aside) id probably take him over smalling at the moment

Yagami

Good post resistant
I thought he was good again but he really needs to stop these long range efforts everytime he finds himself in a bit of space in the oppositions half.

Ban

To those who are saying he's an idiot and similar. Why exactly? Just cause he took one shot?

JoaquinJoaquin

Tell you something, aside from that stupid shot at the end he was very good again today IMO. Quite happy for Smalling to take a seat for a while.

Jaybomb

People complaining about him taking a fecking shot and trying to win the game... :rolleyes:

Had to laugh at Pogba giving him shit for it. Mate, you boot the ball into row Z at every opportunity you get. He's the last person who should be complaining about a crap shot.

Thought he did well today. Not that he was really tested much. He should retain his place in the starting 11.

Cypriot

The shot was infuriating due to when and how he took it on. We were building up play pretty well and he seemed to just ruin it out of impatience or frustration at a vital part of the game. Other than that he was very good defensively!

Sylar

Shot aside, another good solid performance at CB. Rather him than Smalling as LCB tbh.

Red_Beans

Reasonable centre back. Godawful full back. How he is first choice at international level at left back? Are Argentina that short on left backs?
I'm purely speculating here but isn't he asked to play as a super defensive full back for Argentina? That's the only way I could see him work in that position

Terminator

Pogba had every right to give him shit for that shot. You don't do that in stoppage time when your team is regularly carving apart the opposition defense.

iKeano

Was OK until that shot. Then reminded me that he's basically a fat, sweaty, braindead ball bag.
Unforgivable to shoot form there at that stage. TFM should step in next game, might as well build his experience.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Was OK until that shot. Then reminded me that he's basically a fat, sweaty, braindead ball bag.
Unforgivable to shoot form there at that stage. TFM should step in next game, might as well build his experience.
Agree

kr0nix

Had we been in a better position, we could have afforded chances to TFM, Gomes and innumerable other young players. Where we are at the moment though, a team struggling for consistency, without an established starting XI, where some of the senior players aren't pulling their weight, that can't happen, unfortunately.

As for Rojo, he was fine aside from that shot, and even made a couple of key defensive interventions that I can recall. Dropping him for taking that shot on is neither here nor there; we desperately need points on the board and at this point Rojo is a safer bet than TFM and Smalling.

Kostur

海尔的老板
To those who are saying he's an idiot and similar. Why exactly? Just cause he took one shot?
Yes, it's fecking cringeworthy really. Pogba takes about 5 of such shite shots per match, his conversion rate was poor at Juve and must be poor here because he's scored what, one long range effort for us? Yet he doesn't get half the slack for his shit shooting. Rojo's been fine, done fine so far in the absence of our two CB starters, took a shit shot, sure, but it was due to our attackers/midfielders being inept all game having scored grand feck all of goals against Burnley.

Giving Rojo shit after last two matches is mental.

izec

Yes, it's fecking cringeworthy really. Pogba takes about 5 of such shite shots per match, his conversion rate was poor at Juve and must be poor here because he's scored what, one long range effort for us? Yet he doesn't get half the slack for his shit shooting. Rojo's been fine, done fine so far in the absence of our two CB starters, took a shit shot, sure, but it was due to our attackers/midfielders being inept all game having scored grand feck all of goals against Burnley.

Wow, that Kostur isnt slaughtering him and defending him tells you how much undeserved hate Rojo gets on here.

He probably should have passed the ball to Pogba, who would have blasted it over the goal himself.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Wow, that Kostur isnt slaughtering him and defending him tells you how much undeserved hate Rojo gets on here.

He probably should have passed the ball to Pogba, who would have blasted it over the goal himself.
Never been in 'let's slaughter Rojo' camp really so can't understand the former of your post.

CS@SG

Pogba had every right to give him shit for that shot. You don't do that in stoppage time when your team is regularly carving apart the opposition defense.
Then Pogba and Zlatan should look in the mirror and reflect themselves why they never took their many chances earlier in the game, and their less glamorous teammate had to did that long shot thinking that he can win the game for the team.

izec

Never been in 'let's slaughter Rojo' camp really so can't understand the former of your post.
I just mean traditionally you are not someone to hold back with words. If soemone is shit than you normally let it know.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I just mean traditionally you are not someone to hold back with words. If soemone is shit than you normally let it know.
Ah fair enough mate, didn't catch it at first. And yeah, I agree with your second part of your first post, it's just getting tiresome.

Lawman

Had we been in a better position, we could have afforded chances to TFM, Gomes and innumerable other young players. Where we are at the moment though, a team struggling for consistency, without an established starting XI, where some of the senior players aren't pulling their weight, that can't happen, unfortunately.

As for Rojo, he was fine aside from that shot, and even made a couple of key defensive interventions that I can recall. Dropping him for taking that shot on is neither here nor there; we desperately need points on the board and at this point Rojo is a safer bet than TFM and Smalling.
There is no way Rojo after one or two decent games is a safer bet than Smalling that is laughable. TFM will be worth a shot for long term as Rojo has honked the place out since signing. I'm sure Rio would have done alright yesterday had he pulled his boots back on as it was hardly a game that tested our defence. Rojo should be used for cover just now but if we got offered anything for him we should take it we got rid of a much better player in Johnny Evans.

kr0nix

There is no way Rojo after one or two decent games is a safer bet than Smalling that is laughable. TFM will be worth a shot for long term as Rojo has honked the place out since signing. I'm sure Rio would have done alright yesterday had he pulled his boots back on as it was hardly a game that tested our defence. Rojo should be used for cover just now but if we got offered anything for him we should take it we got rid of a much better player in Johnny Evans.
If starting berths are awarded on the basis of current form, as they should be, then Rojo deserves to retain his spot following good performances. After what happened in the Chelsea game, Smalling has no right to a starting berth any longer. In truth, Smalling has been living off credit from the first half of last season and has yet to hit those heights in 2016. For all of his height, strength and pace, he hasn't been dominant enough and tends to resort to shirt grabbing as soon as he thinks he's in trouble. That's not a recent development, it's been a problem for some time now. When he's at his best he's better than Rojo but at this point in time he's far from that. Like Ibra.
As for Evans, it's been a while but let's not forget how terrible he was in 2014/15, including THAT game against MK Dons. No disrespect to Jonny but there's a reason he's turning out for West Brom in what ought to be the prime years of his career.
I'm not saying that Rojo is the answer to all our problems at centre back, but at the moment we are badly lacking consistency as a team. Keeping the in form players in the team is one way to solve that.

Hoof the ball

Shot aside, another good solid performance at CB. Rather him than Smalling as LCB tbh.
Redcafe has come a long way from hailing Smalling as the second coming of Beckenbauer at the start of last season, to preferring Rojo at LCB when available, this season.
Never seen someone's stock drop so quickly. Not that I disagree. I was never super-keen on Smalling at his very best.

Ban

I think some have turned up their mind he's an idiot and will be banging that non stop despite the fact how he plays. It is really cringeworthy like you say..

Last edited:

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
The shot annoyed the living shit out of me, but he's been perfectly capable as a central defender for the last two games.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Why are people bashing Rojo. He took one long range shot and his long range shots aren't that bad, that he shouldn't be allowed. His long range shot vs Chelsea stretched Courtois the most and would have been a goal against nearly every other GK

Dec9003

I thought he did pretty well yesterday. As far as the wayward shot goes we'd tried tippy tappy football to get chances all match and had nothing to show for it so I think it was brave of him to have an effort on goal. Plus he's probably not technically gifted enough to play a lovely ball through anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.