Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyJ1985

Let's be honest, when Mourinho said Rojo is very good he was simply trying to give him confidence ahead of his chance in the Europa League. In reality we all know that Rojo is shite and shouldn't be at our club.

pseudo_canadian

Why on earth did we loan out CBJ? He's miles better than Rojo, who is honestly one of the worst players I have ever seen at United.

But to be fair, CBJ will be getting more game time on loan than he would here by playing the odd game here and there.

We should just play Blind at LB if we're ever resting Shaw.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
How so? He was good in his first season here when he was played as a CB. He was either injured or played LB last season.

I guess it's just more fun to say "he's shit", "worst player ever", etc. than actually look at logic and facts.
Erm are you sure that you were following man United last season? The only one who was worse then rojo was mcfail.

Jaybomb

Why on earth did we loan out CBJ? He's miles better than Rojo, who is honestly one of the worst players I have ever seen at United.

But to be fair, CBJ will be getting more game time on loan than he would here by playing the odd game here and there.

We should just play Blind at LB if we're ever resting Shaw.
Borthwick-Jackson isn't better than Rojo.

No idea where people have got this idea from. I imagine it's the same people who insisted that Wilson should start over RVP, Varela is better than Darmian, Pereira is better than Mata, etc. And trust me, I've read all of these comments and they were completely serious.

Let's be honest, when Mourinho said Rojo is very good he was simply trying to give him confidence ahead of his chance in the Europa League. In reality we all know that Rojo is shite and shouldn't be at our club.
He's not starting material but he's far from being as bad as some make him out to be on here. Keep him around as back up until an academy player can cement a place, otherwise he's good enough. We certainly shouldn't be looking to buy a backup LB, and he's no worse than some of the bench warmers we've had over the years.

Jaybomb

He's not starting material but he's far from being as bad as some make him out to be on here. Keep him around as back up until an academy player can cement a place, otherwise he's good enough. We certainly shouldn't be looking to buy a backup LB, and he's no worse than some of the bench warmers we've had over the years.
As a CB, I think he is good enough to start for us. But I've always been a fan of his going back to his Sporting days, so I'm gonna say that anyway.

I heard Zidane was interested in buying him but that might be just internet talk. If thats true, then we should absolutely keep hold of him. Like I said though, he needs to be played as a CB. I'd like to see us try out a Bailly/Rojo partnership. See how it gets on.

POF

I don't get why we sign players like him. If you want squad players go to the academy, they cant do worse than players like him.
He was signed because LVG had to have a left footed centre back and he was the best available.

I don't think he's as bad as the comments above suggest. He can play left back but not in the system United are currently playing. The wide players tuck in so the only width comes from the full backs. He's not good enough on the ball to play that role. He was often in front of Pogba vs Feyenoord. If he's playing left back you need a winger ahead of him to hold the width.

It was also his first game of the season. I think the squad is too big to keep everyone match fit.

Yagami

Good post resistant
As a CB, I think he is good enough to start for us. But I've always been a fan of his going back to his Sporting days, so I'm gonna say that anyway.

I heard Zidane was interested in buying him but that might be just internet talk. If thats true, then we should absolutely keep hold of him. Like I said though, he needs to be played as a CB. I'd like to see us try out a Bailly/Rojo partnership. See how it gets on.
So in one post you say that you don't care how highly Zidane rates Scholes - that won't change your opinion on him as a player, but now that you hear Zidane might be interested in Rojo it makes you want to keep him no matter what?

Jaybomb

So in one post you say that you don't care how highly Zidane rates Scholes - that won't change your opinion on him as a player, but now that you hear Zidane might be interested in Rojo it makes you want to keep him no matter what?
How is that relevant to this thread? Scholes was never better than Zidane, or even in the same bracket as him. But thats for another thread.

My point was that it says a lot when Real Madrid are potentially interested.

Yagami

Good post resistant
How is that relevant to this thread? Scholes was never better than Zidane, or even in the same bracket as him. But thats for another thread.

My point was that it says a lot when Real Madrid are potentially interested.
Your point is that if Zidane rates him enough to buy him then you'd want to keep him no matter what, but when Zidane says Scholes is better than him as a midfielder you don't care at all. Real Madrid don't have a perfect record in their transfers.

Loublaze

ATLien
Borthwick-Jackson isn't better than Rojo.

No idea where people have got this idea from. I imagine it's the same people who insisted that Wilson should start over RVP, Varela is better than Darmian, Pereira is better than Mata, etc. And trust me, I've read all of these comments and they were completely serious.
He is better than Rojo. I don't know what games you were watching last season. CBJ has shown much more composure on the pitch and even chipped in with some assists. He's easily the best crosser of a ball in this team as well. His two back to back MOTM performances for Wolves come as no surprise.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
He is never meant to be first choice I think. Backup to Shaw and left CB. He has experience and is content with a place on the bench. I still don't like him though. Better to have an up and coming youngster to be the backup.

Jaybomb

Rojo better than Blind and Smalling. :lol: You're taking the piss surely?
Blind is not a natural CB.

Smalling is a liability. It's no surprise we lost to Feyenoord with him at the back. He's West Ham level. One season when he isn't completely useless and people start comparing him to Kompany/Ramos/etc. It's a joke.

Jaybomb

He is better than Rojo. I don't know what games you were watching last season. CBJ has shown much more composure on the pitch and even chipped in with some assists. He's easily the best crosser of a ball in this team as well. His two back to back MOTM performances for Wolves come as no surprise.
Young is our best crosser. And I can't stand him in the team.

Northampton 1:3 Man Utd

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Even though I think of him as completely shit now, he still surprises me with just how terrible he exactly is. Much rather have Darmian at LB than this fraud.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Utter shite whenever he plays. Bring CBJ back and ship this cnut out.

Zoo

Mourinho simply cannot persist with him. He is a liability.

Ainu

He is truly hopeless, I struggle to think of a Premier League player worse than him. Never, ever field him again. Inexplicably shit at pretty much everything he does.

pablo__p

Buttner was shite but was comfortably better than Rojo.
With Buttner it was at least easy. Everybody knew he was shit, he knew he was shit so, the rest of the team knew he was shit. No expectations except try not to lose the ball.

This guy however, is supposed to be a decent/good player who incidentally plays for a top top international team with the likes of Messi, Higuain etc.

Kag

Buttner was shite but was comfortably better than Rojo.
I'd have completely disagreed with this not too long ago but his defending this calendar year has been woeful.

I do think he's better at centre half, granted, and could do a good job somewhere else if playing in the right environment.

Bwuk

Buttner haha forgot about him. Remember all the panic when we were all scared about him playing vs Bayern when Paddy was injured.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
I'd have completely disagreed with this not too long ago but his defending this calendar year has been woeful.

I do think he's better at centre half, granted, and could do a good job somewhere else if playing in the right environment.
Pretty sure at centre back his inadequacies would be exposed even more. That 'header' for instance, truly woeful stuff.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He really is shocking defensively... Like even against terrible opposition he doesn't look any better

Status
Not open for further replies.