6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanClancy

Where did Rashford play when he was younger e.g u16's? I can only recall him playing out wide in the youth team?

ZupZup

Anyone hear that Rashford chant at the weekend to the tune of Teenage Kicks?

Sounded good... not sure it's new but first time I heard it. I hope it takes off...

Charlie Foley

There seems to be an obsession with height, weight and muscle.
These things matter little when it comes to being a striker.
Best attacker in the World - Messi. 5' 7" and a light-weight. Or how about Neymar - match stick thin.
Some say that Aguero has been the best striker in this country for the last 5 - odd years. He is no giant.
What I am trying to say is that a player should maintain his natural size/shape and should not force the addition extra weight/muscle.
Lets use yesterday as an example. The 2 best players on the pitch were Rashford and Herrera - neither of which are WWE wrestling candidates.
The POTY this season is likely to be Kante. A short, light player.
Last year's POTY - Vardy is a waif. Match stick thin.
When Memphis arrived at MUFC, he was quite light. He added muscle and turned to crap.
And lets not forget L.Shaw who is large/heavy and struggles to make our first team.

IMO, the ideal physique for a footballer in 2017 is matchstick thin. Anything bigger just does not work and Rashford is currently at his ideal weight/height.
You make some interesting observations, but I think you make some incorrect ones and your conclusion is far too general. There is obviously a place for the lean athletic types, but the brick shithouses like Ronaldo, Ibra, Valencia, Bale can still benefit a lot thanks to their size and power.

For the lighter guys, speaking from my own playing experience balance and leg/core strength are very useful in overcoming a size mismatch.

redflair

I was surprised at the amount of flak Rashford got in here, prior to the Chelsea game.

He's directly won us points in the last year or so: West Ham, Middlesbrough, Arsenal etc...yet most people believe a teenage striker like him should be scoring 30 goals a season, finish every chance and track back so much that the opposition winger never gets a cross in or gets an opportunity.

Not realistic. We have Marcus 4Relius on our hands, and we need to savour a major talent like him. Opposition teams would bite our hands off to have him.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He looks too scared to shoot for some reason. He needs to score that.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Said it before haven't we, Rashford is so fast but he's not a good dribbler yet. His touches and decisions are poor unless he has space to catch it up with or no time to think and can rely on reactions only.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Exciting as usual. Finishing and decision making is still poor as expected. Has everything to turn into a world beater.

AndyJ1985

If he can improve his finishing and dribbling he'll be amazing. And at 19 years old there's no reason he can't improve both.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
:lol: Ffs this guy is incredible. If he can just keep his composure infront of goal then the sky is the limit for him.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
:eek: Strange. I think he has been underwhelming. Terrible finishing and decision making.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Beauty of football. I don't see how it's possible to come to that conclusion.
That's me eating my words mate. That is all. Here come an alert avalanche :lol: But i don't mind aslong as United wins :D

Status
Not open for further replies.