6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Special. When you have a kid like him who can run in behind there's no such thing as a lost cause. That third goal was all about his willingness to close down. His assist also spoke so much to his composure. Contrast the panicky play of some of his teammates to Rashford's cool headed approach today, then ask yourself 'who played more like a teen?'

The kid is a natural goalscorer. With his work ethic and incredible pace he is an immense asset to have. Who knows what his ceiling could be? As long as we don't do to him what Liverpool did to Michael Owen, he could dominate the Premier League for the next decade and then some.

Dobbs

He's got the perfect attitude for football. Couldn't be better in that regard.

I hope the coaching staff drill him into the floor on his first touch and left foot. Then we'll have a serious player.

jb8521

He didn't play for United U21s? He scored on his ENGLAND U21s debut but didn't make any performances for the United U21s, instead he skipped straight into the first team...correct me if I am wrong, not too sure.
He played 9 times for the u21s

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Going by Whoscored (who don't have the stats from the Northampton game) and with a little bit of calculation, he's scored 3 goals in 189 minutes this season. Not bad. Zlatan has 4 goals (not including the charity shield) from 485 minutes. I think Rooney has 500+ minutes after last night's game.

I really really hope he builds on his promise. He potentially has a long future at the club and might some day break Charlton's (soon-to-be-Rooney's) record.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I just love watching him play.

We need to be careful how we manage him. He needs to play but not too much because we've seen before with prodigies getting overplayed (Owen, Fowler). He's got everything in his locker though and he looks like he absolutely loves the club too which is a nice bonus.

Acole9

Outstanding
Surely guaranteed to start vs Leicester. He can't be kept out of the starting 11 for too much longer.

Ban

Scored in a league cup debut or he played last year?

I remember I had a conversation about this with one poster but can't remember what was said. :)

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Scored in a league cup debut or he played last year?

I remember I had a conversation about this with one poster but can't remember what was said. :)
He definitely did not play last season. We were knocked out long before his debut.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Someone said it before, it feels a bit like the second coming of prime Michael Owen. Bigger lad however.

manunajted

hasn't been that great, should have scored on Zlatan's pass.

He brings a lot of energy though, and has also scored 1 goal, can't really complain!:cool:

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Wasted some chances but forced a corner with his pace and energy and just has this knack of popping up in front of goal at the right time.

Clas Sified

Not his best performance, but his energy and speed gives us that extra dimension that we need to break down defences. Good predatory instincts for his goal as well.

Raw

Yeah I thought he was quite wasteful today, trying to dribble through defences a bit too much. Still got a goal though!

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Was good(great for his age), but could have done a bit better.

Raw

I think I read a stat earlier that he's scored+assisted the most goals in the United squad since his debut.

18 years old.

Kag

He's incredibly mature for an 18 year old. Guaranteed goals, too. To the extent I was stunned when he didn't finish on that first half counter attack.

Donut

Nothing was working for him today, but he made the right runs and showed his poachers instincts with the goal.

Devil may care

Made some good runs, seems to be getting used to playing as a wide forward, and anything dropping in that box is like a magnet to him, his anticipation is first class.

Dobba

First thought is always forward, which is the biggest and almost impossible to coach attribute he has. The attacking youngsters we've had in recent years, though not thrown in the deep end quite like Marcus was, thrived or faltered by their attitude first and foremost. The only way the mistakes will disappear out of his game is by making them in the first place, which is where the issue of attitude plays it's biggest part. After one of his worst touches cost him an opportunity on that chance in the first half, it would have been easy for his head to drop. Instead, within 2 or 3 minutes, he's in the box trying an overhead kick and later in the half is switched on enough to get his goal.

madRedDevil07

He is an excellent player and gives our attack a whole new dimension with his direct runs. Sometimes he dribbles a lot around the 18/25 yards instead of passing it to teammates but his energy and runs are outstanding to watch. Need to start every game as a LW or SS or RW.

ClosetDevil

Everyone has good days and bad days. Except when you're Marcus Rashford, you score on your "bad days". My word, what a boy we have. And only 18 years old....

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
This kid's potential is amazing. I thought Martial was something else last season but Rashford has impressed me much more in every aspect of the game. However we do know that things can easily harder in football so let's just enjoy his current performances :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.