6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

flappyjay

It would be better if he just went out on loan and played as a striker we have Martial and Rooney as back ups if Zlatan gets a long term injury we can call him back

Loublaze

ATLien
He is not the first youngster who has come flying out the blocks only to fade into mediocrity later (if that is what happens). Many thought Wilson was destined for greatness and the same with countless others before him.
You can't even compare the two. Wilson hasn't had the same impact in the first team

Loublaze

ATLien
He should start him up front in a few matches to rest zlatan. We are too reliant on his goals alone so if he was to get injured we don't have another striker in any form at all. That could be a mistake. Rashford isn't really cutting it on the wing at the minute anyway.
Zlatan will play as many minutes as possible it seems. I don't see him being dropped in the cup games especially now we're in the knockout stages. I do agree with you btw

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
You can't even compare the two. Wilson hasn't had the same impact in the first team
Wilson arguably looked more complete at youth level from the little id seen. I know rashford was always highly rated but its almost impossible to know with youth. Ravel Rossi and Pogba were the best I've seen here. Injury ruined one and temperament ruined the other and Pogba is now the most expensive player in the world.... So many variables and I think luck also comes into it. Luck and really taking your chance. Rashford has bought himself a bit of time with those great performances last year but I'm not sure Jose will play him as a striker as much as he needs to develop more...

Edit - a loan move where he plays as a striker may be next on the cards if he doesn't grab a few this season from somewhere

Loublaze

ATLien
Wilson arguably looked more complete at youth level from the little id seen. I know rashford was always highly rated but its almost impossible to know with youth. Ravel Rossi and Pogba were the best I've seen here. Injury ruined one and temperament ruined the other and Pogba is now the most expensive player in the world.... So many variables and I think luck also comes into it. Luck and really taking your chance. Rashford has bought himself a bit of time with those great performances last year but I'm not sure Jose will play him as a striker as much as he needs to develop more...

Edit - a loan move where he plays as a striker may be next on the cards if he doesn't grab a few this season from somewhere
A loan is not a bad idea as he needs more minutes as a striker to continue his development but I think that decision should be made at the end of the season. He can still play a vital part this season and he'll get plenty of playing time in all the comps we're still competing for. Ibrahimovic can't play every game and what happens if he gets injured? I certainly don't want to see Rooney playing number 9 and Martial is better off in his current role. I think Rashord more than bought himself some time with his performances last season, he's cemented his place in this team on the fringes of being a regular starter.

Baxter

Dont know why people are so quick to write him off, or seem happy that they can say they were right and he's not all that. He was brilliant when he came in last season and performances like City away showed everything he can do. He's only 19 and there was always going to be a dip in form. He still got a lot to learn, and he will develop physically. The least of our worries, in my opinion.

khoazany

Dont know why people are so quick to write him off, or seem happy that they can say they were right and he's not all that. He was brilliant when he came in last season and performances like City away showed everything he can do. He's only 19 and there was always going to be a dip in form. He still got a lot to learn, and he will develop physically. The least of our worries, in my opinion.
This is the stage that most of youngsters in a top club have to go through. After their initial exposure opponents have studied their strength and "tricks". Now it's time for them to find out more "weapons" to take them to the next level. Rashford has more on his locker but as I always said he tends to rely on his pace too much (and overconfident about it).

MounchesterUtd

This kid had 12 goals in his first 25 full apps - most of it crucial goals coming in late in the season on a dysfunctional team - better than Messi, Aguero and some other legends - http://www.squawka.com/news/how-mar...p-against-rooney-and-12-modern-legends/784218

People just need to blame someone I guess.

FromTheBench

He's not really a winger.

Let alone a winger in the last 10 minutes while chasing a game or defending a lead.

Bojan11

This kid had 12 goals in his first 25 full apps - most of it crucial goals coming in late in the season on a dysfunctional team - better than Messi, Aguero and some other legends - http://www.squawka.com/news/how-mar...p-against-rooney-and-12-modern-legends/784218

People just need to blame someone I guess.
And?

Messi, Aguero, Rooney and Ronaldo you could see were way talented when they were young.

I don't get that feeling with Rashford. Technically he is woeful and runs the ball out of play every game.

MounchesterUtd

And?

Messi, Aguero, Rooney and Ronaldo you could see were way talented when they were young.

I don't get that feeling with Rashford. Technically he is woeful and runs the ball out of play every game.
Your 'feeling' > tangible stats

'runs the ball out of play every game' - never happened to a young Messi or Ronaldo, they were both finished products at 19

Teach me more, master :drool:

dichinero

He's not really a winger.

Let alone a winger in the last 10 minutes while chasing a game or defending a lead.
I honestly do not see the benefit in the way José uses him. He has time on his side which is the saving grace.

FromTheBench

Why does he refuse to challenge for aerial balls lately?
He doesn't seem comfortable challenging out wide aerially. He can flick it on or challenge to help his team win the 2nd ball centrally but out wide he tries to outright win it to head it inwards and struggles.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
His form is concerning. But does everyone forget he made his professional debut about 10 months ago

An awful lot has happend for him very fast since then. A bad spell was always going to happen.

Although I don't think being constantly played wide is helping him at all. Think he needs to be kept away from the team for a few weeks

FromTheBench

I honestly do not see the benefit in the way José uses him. He has time on his side which is the saving grace.
He should be a central sub but Jose doesn't want to take off Zlatan for a minute even at his age, and also doesn't want to change formations to 2 up top even when chasing games.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Why does he refuse to challenge for aerial balls lately?
Incredibly frustrating. Just turns his back. Like he is pretty tall, just fecking jump up and make it hard for the other player at least. Turning his back gives them a free header.

DJRED97

Being played out wide doesn't affect your basic ability to control a football or play a good pass.

Eddy_JukeZ

Incredibly frustrating. Just turns his back. Like he is pretty tall, just fecking jump up and make it hard for the other player at least. Turning his back gives them a free header.
Yes this is the point. Just make it hard for the other player. He just turns around and gives them a free header.

Bojan11

Your 'feeling' > tangible stats

'runs the ball out of play every game' - never happened to a young Messi or Ronaldo, they were both finished products at 19

Teach me more, master :drool:
Do you always post like a idiot?

Where did I say they were finished talents?

If you think Rashford is on par with young Messi, Ronaldo or Rooney then you are delusional.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think he gets confused sometimes of what next to do. Like at the end, where he ran into some CP defender- he wasn't clear of whether he should dribble past or try and pass it back to a teammate.
Stuff like this comes with experience. He should be fine

dichinero

He should be a central sub but Jose doesn't want to take off Zlatan for a minute even at his age, and also doesn't want to change formations to 2 up top even when chasing games.
He'll rather play Rooney there before him unfortunately. No chance for the lad up top this season

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
His form is concerning. But does everyone forget he made his professional debut about 10 months ago

An awful lot has happend for him very fast since then. A bad spell was always going to happen.

Although I don't think being constantly played wide is helping him at all. Think he needs to be kept away from the team for a few weeks
Fair enough, but this "dip" in form has lasted for quite a while now. And if it's the case he struggles with the pressure, then i would think it's better to give him a spell on the sidelines to get his head straight

MounchesterUtd

Do you always post like a idiot?

Where did I say they were finished talents?

If you think Rashford is on par with young Messi, Ronaldo or Rooney then you are delusional.
Do you always regard your 'feelings' as better than actual concrete facts?

Numbers don't lie, and in the context of a struggling team that played ultra safe football, that's even more impressive. There's clearly something special in Rashford and you're blind if you deny it. He's a Thomas Muller not a Messi, shit anyone will look bad compared to Messi.

FWIW I don't think he's on par with Messi or Ronaldo at the same age, but fact of the matter is he's got a better eye for goal than them at this age

ZDwyr

I'd like to see him play as a striker again soon. He certainly isn't a winger.

MounchesterUtd

Not blaming everything about Rashford's form on Jose, but he really needs to stop playing him in this 'defensive winger' role. We have a perfectly adept player for that in Young.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Fair enough, but this "dip" in form has lasted for quite a while now. And if it's the case he struggles with the pressure, then i would think it's better to give him a spell on the sidelines to get his head straight
What pressure?
Ibra is our main striker and expected to score the big goals. Rashford is asked to play as a support striker (off the bench). It doesn't get any less pressure than this, at MUFC.
And to think that in the early part of the season, many fans wanted Rash to start ahead of Ibra!
At the end of the day, he is an 18 year old, so he needs time to gradually develop himself and learn to find his feet. Nobody should expect him to perform at the level of a senior striker.

Bojan11

Do you always regard your 'feelings' as better than actual concrete facts?

Numbers don't lie, and in the context of a struggling team that played ultra safe football, that's even more impressive. There's clearly something special in Rashford and you're blind if you deny it. He's a Thomas Muller not a Messi, shit anyone will look bad compared to Messi.

FWIW I don't think he's on par with Messi or Ronaldo at the same age, but fact of the matter is he's got a better eye for goal than them at this age
Thomas Muller :lol:

What were you calling Januzaj? Messi?

He wouldn't be running the ball out of play or doing the basic stuff right if he was special. Im not interested in the goal scoring. Fact is that he is failing to do the basics at the moment and should be kept away from the first team.

MounchesterUtd

Thomas Muller :lol:

What were you calling Januzaj? Messi?

He wouldn't be running the ball out of play or doing the basic stuff right if he was special. Im not interested in the goal scoring. Fact is that he is failing to do the basics at the moment and should be kept away from the first team.
If you didn't get the analogy, maybe think it through first rather than relying on your feelings :D

Never rated Adnan, even during his breakout year I thought he'll a very good squad player at best - not sure how this relates to Marcus though

Not interested in goal scoring... You're not interested in that thing that wins you three points? So hipster and revolutionary :drool:

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
In an ideal world would go out on loan and play up front regularly.

Doesn't look happy at all, his body language is very poor.

Both him and Martial I feel like playing up front and don't see themselves as wide men. Problem is if they are goin to stay and thrive here that is the only way to break into the side.

ti vu

Not blaming everything about Rashford's form on Jose, but he really needs to stop playing him in this 'defensive winger' role. We have a perfectly adept player for that in Young.
This is nonsense considering today game. He was brought on to play attacking winger, then move onto forward role with Zlatan anchored in the midfield and spray ball forward into space.

You already got what you wished for today.

MounchesterUtd

This is nonsense considering today. He was brought on to play attacking winger, then move onto forward role with Zlatan anchored in the midfield and spray ball forward into space.

You already got what you wished for today.
Yeah, I thought I added in that he didn't play that role today, but I guess not. I'll take the L.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
What pressure?
Ibra is our main striker and expected to score the big goals. Rashford is asked to play as a support striker (off the bench). It doesn't get any less pressure than this, at MUFC.
And to think that in the early part of the season, many fans wanted Rash to start ahead of Ibra!
At the end of the day, he is an 18 year old, so he needs time to gradually develop himself and learn to find his feet. Nobody should expect him to perform at the level of a senior striker.
Not hard to believe he feels the pressure, being a kid and all. None of us really know the reason behind his poor form, but all i'm saying is some time on the bench will do him better than keeping on playing poorly on the wing

Status
Not open for further replies.