Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
League leader in xG now, which says something when you consider how poor we have been creatively.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Has clearly got the talent and is doing well at the moment but he really needs to sort out that final product whether it’s the killer pass or shot. Once he’s consistently doing that we’ve got a world beater.

Foxbatt

If he stops being so selfish we would win more games. He does not pass unless he has no choice. Even if another team mate is in a better position he does not pass. This is detrimental to the team.

Eddy_JukeZ

He should have had a hat trick.

If he can iron out deficiencies in the final 3rd, he can be some player.

Though I felt this way last year for a bit too until he started playing really poorly for a stretch.

I don't know what to make of him. Sometimes I think it's only a matter of time before he's world class, but then other times, I just doubt his overall ability.

crossy1686

career ending
He's the most exciting/promising young player in the England squad and PL. His concentration needs work but it will come with age.

Pretty certain we'd all be in pieces if he played for one of our rivals.

ColorsOfRainbow

He tries to do things too fast and forces it in front of goal.

Still only 22 can improve his composure. The other issue for me is his movement on crosses, he is way too static (as is Martial, to be honest).
Such was said about Lingard...now he's 27

Classical Mechanic

He struggles with composure at the moment, he's better playing off instinct. His goal was one of the harder chances for him because by the time he took the shot he had 4 players trying to block it but then he misses an open goal.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

I like how he dovetailed with Martial
That's a fantastic run, received the ball in very non dangerous area, he just took on defenders and direct to the goal. Hard to defend against him when he goes on a run like that.

He struggles with composure at the moment, he's better playing off instinct. His goal was one of the harder chances for him because by the time he took the shot he had 4 players trying to block it but then he misses an open goal.
Well it was the exact opposite yesterday, the 2 great chances he has he instinctively snatched at them. The one where he had time he was the definition of composure.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Leave for international duty in form, but as usual he'll get a knock with England that will break this form.

Hope he continues playing like this, working hard for the team and be a threat

Mike Smalling

Not too worried about him missing the open goal. It happens. I can remember both Rooney and Ronaldo having similar misses for us. At least he is getting into good positions.

What is more worrying about Rashford is, that his performances seem to be so reliant on his confidence. Yesterday's performance was reminiscent of when Ole just took over. He was beating players with skill and pace at will. However, when is in a scoring slump he tends to make a lot of stupid decisions and not have his head up. That is something that needs to improve, if he wants to be a top player.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He and Dan James must be practicing that cross field ball in training, twice now they've done it perfectly.

His finishing was a bit meh but the rest of his performance was quality, the thing is as long as he's actually getting chances, even if he's missing them, is showing that we're doing something right with chance creation. His finishing will improve if he keeps getting the chances. I do wish he'd pass it a bit more often but I think that'll come as he continues to build up this partnership with Martial, which continues to be one of the most enjoyable aspects of our current team.

He's in seriously good form at the moment, he's working incredibly hard too, at one point he ran the entire length of the pitch to get into the box. The elastico was absolute filth. Apart from his stint as striker he's been good this season, probably the best start to a season I can remember him having.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Well it was the exact opposite yesterday, the 2 great chances he has he instinctively snatched at them. The one where he had time he was the definition of composure.
I don't think he snatched at the open goal one - I think he figured he'd already scored before he'd even taken the shot, and took his eye off it.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture

roonster09

Scout
Had plenty of ground to cover on the first one, but understood he can get into positions of a centre forward even when playing out wide on paper.

And here's a run off the ball similar to James' https://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/...ords_run_from_own_box_shows_hunger_and_elite/
Yeah, that desire into box was good to see. Also I was so pissed at that time, we had 2 attackers at either side of the CB and somehow CB ended up heading the ball away. Can't blame anyone, just that we should have used the numerical advantage.

Also for the left foot shot which missed, Rashford was next to De Gea when De Gea caught the ball and then made the run to the left wing to receive the pass and turned into counter attack so quickly.

Matt007a

He's always been fast but I think he's really improved in his ability to keep the ball under control at speed. He doesn't just run with big open spaces, but he's able to run at full speed even with defenders around him, while keeping the ball close enough to keep control of it. That's an attribute that a lot of pacey players lack.

He needs to work on his finishing still and he should pass instead of shooting from 25 yards all the time, but he is still developing. He is definitely benefiting from the return of Martial who has been really good as well.

acnumber9

If he stops being so selfish we would win more games. He does not pass unless he has no choice. Even if another team mate is in a better position he does not pass. This is detrimental to the team.
Nobody in the team has more assists than Rashford this season.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
That's a fantastic run, received the ball in very non dangerous area, he just took on defenders and direct to the goal. Hard to defend against him when he goes on a run like that.
And as Rasendori suggested a very nice run from Martial to draw two blokes off him. I didn't think Brighton were great but that's the slickest we've looked up front all year, we just have to hope the improvement continues to build.

KennyBurner

Not too worried about him missing the open goal. It happens. I can remember both Rooney and Ronaldo having similar misses for us. At least he is getting into good positions.

What is more worrying about Rashford is, that his performances seem to be so reliant on his confidence. Yesterday's performance was reminiscent of when Ole just took over. He was beating players with skill and pace at will. However, when is in a scoring slump he tends to make a lot of stupid decisions and not have his head up. That is something that needs to improve, if he wants to be a top player.
I don’t think his form has anything to do with confidence. He never suffers from lack of confidence which is one of his greatest strengths. He misses a lot of chances when playing good or bad. The reason he is scoring a lot recently is due to martial. Basically with the return of martial we are creating a lot more chances up top. When pogba gets back I’m pretty sure either rashford or martial will break our hat trick curse. At this point it’s pretty embarrassing that neither have one.

roonster09

Scout
And as Rasendori suggested a very nice run from Martial to draw two blokes off him. I didn't think Brighton were great but that's the slickest we've looked up front all year, we just have to hope the improvement continues to build.
Yeah that was very good run, this is how it should be. Players making dummy runs to create space for the team. We aren't good at that, but in this case Martial did well to pull 2 defenders from the position.

Craig Ward

Really enjoy Rashford when he is direct.

He has pace and skill and causes a problem with direct running, something he should do more.

Belting finish for the goal, but like many others I was left frustrated at the open goal miss.

That's the difference between having a good season and a very good season, could be the difference in getting say 15 goals or 20+ come the end of the season. Got to be ruthless and put them away.

But Andy Cole famously needed 3 chances to score 1, its the way some forwards are. He's making chances and that's only a positive

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Yeah that was very good run, this is how it should be. Players making dummy runs to create space for the team. We aren't good at that, but in this case Martial did well to pull 2 defenders from the position.
Yeah it's a good run of the kind we should have been making all season. It's been maddening seeing our forwards stood back to goal waiting for the ball into feet when we have the pace to worry opponents on and off the ball. This collection of forwards should always be on the move, we did that yesterday and Brighton had no answers.

Aouer-United

There was an example of why Rashford couldn't finish, he should trust with his left foot more. James passed to him on the left flank was our biggest chance, he should have gone for his left-footed to finish the chance. I hope he can shot more with left foot which will improve his finishing to put the ball in the net

Steven-UK

Rashford is a typical example of a striker that needs 6 chances to score one. His final decision making is atrocious.

His lack of ability gets disguised by his youthful 'movement', but when you break it down, he severley lacks the composure to be a top flight striker - and we have him on a 5 year 250K a week contract - oh dear.

We still need a world class striker if we are going to have any aspirations of getting top 4, and competing for titles again.

pacifictheme

Rashford is a typical example of a striker that needs 6 chances to score one. His final decision making is atrocious.

His lack of ability gets disguised by his youthful 'movement', but when you break it down, he severley lacks the composure to be a top flight striker - and we have him on a 5 year 250K a week contract - oh dear.

We still need a world class striker if we are going to have any aspirations of getting top 4, and competing for titles again.
Hes not a striker. Just gets played there when our actual striker is injured.

Foxbatt

Nobody in the team has more assists than Rashford this season.
Stats doesn't show the real pic. If he had finished most of the chances created for him then someone else may have had most assists. Doesn't make that he is not selfish. He rarely pass to team mates unless he is forced to most times. He always goes for goal.

SER19

Rightfully criticised for some appalling form early in season but on fire now. Really exciting to watch, should score more though. If it clicks for him, days like yesterday hell be hitting hat tricks. I have a feeling it will soon and the time and patience shown will be repaid by him

acnumber9

Stats doesn't show the real pic. If he had finished most of the chances created for him then someone else may have had most assists. Doesn't make that he is not selfish. He rarely pass to team mates unless he is forced to most times. He always goes for goal.
There’s only so much shite you can read but per Premier League stats only James has created more ‘big’ chances than Rashford. People just have their little favourites.

Water Melon

A selfish young striker with average passing and finishing. Hopefully, will mature a bit more. Never a CF.

roonster09

Scout
Some shit posts in this thread and especially in this page.

But Andy Cole famously needed 3 chances to score 1, its the way some forwards are. He's making chances and that's only a positive
The quote was 6 or 7 chances to score 1 goal from Glenn Hoddle, so maybe the quote is not that famous, as you have misremembered it - besides it was complete BS.

You don’t score the number of goals Cole did by constantly missing. He created so many of his own chances which many strikers can’t do there’s days.

Rashford will get more clinical, he’s still only just turned 22. He’s in good form, and long May that continue. No doubt he will miss a few sitters, everyone does.

Status
Not open for further replies.