4.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

captaincantona

Some pundit put it best the other night...he needs to stop trying to make a difference in the game every time he gets the ball.
If he can just do the basics first...his runs in behind are still good and still intelligent. So we just need him to be tidier in possession and for Ralf to just get him to be a safe part of our attacking play when on the ball. Get the performance level up but by bit....we litterally have no other option at this point.

Gavinb33

Just 1 thing you don't score 105 goals for Manchester United by age 24 if you aren't a good player, that just doesn't happen some of the hyperbolic comments in here are laughable really.

He is a player out of form nothing more nothing less, what he does to regain form is anyones guess.

Anustart89

Just 1 thing you don't score 105 goals for Manchester United by age 24 if you aren't a good player, that just doesn't happen some of the hyperbolic comments in here are laughable really.

He is a player out of form nothing more nothing less, what he does to regain form is anyones guess.
He's been "out of form" for almost two years now. At which point do we stop calling this bad form and concede that this is the player he is?

Was it just a case of him being "in form" during the period where he was scoring maybe?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

Whilst I do agree -

There has been plenty of players who are not the same after an injury, like Kaka etc.

I've said this before, but I do feel that our fans would be a bit more understanding of Rashford's problems had he done his ankle or his leg. Spine/back injury 's are less thought about in the fan community even though it can be very long lasting with consequences.

Corridor of Uncertainty

Was listening to a fan forum on YT earlier and a guy made a great point that Rashford's played around so many great players now from Rooney to Ibrahimovic to Ronaldo and his game really hasn't developed at all in spite of being surrounded by so much top level experience.
If anything, it's gotten worse.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Whilst I do agree -

There has been plenty of players who are not the same after an injury, like Kaka etc.

I've said this before, but I do feel that our fans would be a bit more understanding of Rashford's problems had he done his ankle or his leg. Spine/back injury 's are less thought about in the fan community even though it can be very long lasting with consequences.
You make an excellent point. I have recently recovered from an herniated disc and of course I don't have access to the same level of quality and constant medical care he'd benefit from but I guess I kinda understand how a back injury can affect you.
Even if you feel fine, the psychological aspect of playing like before the injury, is just not there.

Gavinb33

He's been "out of form" for almost two years now. At which point do we stop calling this bad form and concede that this is the player he is?

Was it just a case of him being "in form" during the period where he was scoring maybe?
I mean give me a whole load of out of form players who score 20 goals a season in that case. For over 230 days he has been injured and one of those injuries was a broken back although not football it took Jimmy Anderson over 1 year to get anything like back to his best from that injury.

Bebestation

You make an excellent point. I have recently recovered from an herniated disc and of course I don't have access to the same level of quality and constant medical care he'd benefit from but I guess I kinda understand how a back injury can affect you.
Even if you feel fine, the psychological aspect of playing like before the injury, is just not there.
Yeah, soon as people talk about his injury aswell then alot of people come back negatively to say that was a long time ago even though many players have struggled to find the form and balance as players after injuries.

Anyway, hope you get better mate!

Corridor of Uncertainty

I'm still waiting for an answer as to how a now healed injury (but even for arguments sake, let's say it's still not quite right) affects a players decision making at the very basic level?

Is it his back/shoulder injury that's forcing him to try and dribble past 5 or 6 players time and time again, or attempting ridiculously speculative shots from 30 yards out instead of laying it off to team mates?

If I had a problem, the last thing I'd want to be doing is going on long mazy runs or putting all my power into a shot, actions that are only going to exacerbate the problem.

I've never known a player to be given the benefit of the doubt to excuse poor form so frequently. It's his back, it's his shoulder, he's played out of position, he's hungover from England, he's broken up with his girlfriend etc. It's piss poor decision making, and nothing more.

Last edited:

Anustart89

I mean give me a whole load of out of form players who score 20 goals a season in that case. For over 230 days he has been injured and one of those injuries was a broken back although not football it took Jimmy Anderson over 1 year to get anything like back to his best from that injury.
How do you figure that a back injury suddenly makes a player egotistical and persistent in making poor decisions on the pitch?

I mean, he’s acting the billy big bollocks on the pitch since he’s already made it to the top of the world in his own mind, and now that it’s not working out for him he’s been trying to shoot himself back into form (from 30+ yards) for a year now. That’s not the back injury. It’s his head that’s making him do that.

Bebestation

How do you figure that a back injury suddenly makes a player egotistical and persistent in making poor decisions on the pitch?

I mean, he’s acting the billy big bollocks on the pitch since he’s already made it to the top of the world in his own mind, and now that it’s not working out for him he’s been trying to shoot himself back into form (from 30+ yards) for a year now. That’s not the back injury. It’s his head that’s making him do that.
What's this about?

I can see stuff like his low tracking back on the football pitch but I don't really ever see this big headed thing that some people see and talk about.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yeah, soon as people talk about his injury aswell then alot of people come back negatively to say that was a long time ago even though many players have struggled to find the form and balance as players after injuries.

Anyway, hope you get better mate!
Thanks a lot, in my case I also need to drop some weight I gained during the worst period when I couldn't move. I do feel a lot better

stw2022

If you’re 24 and your best days are so long ago they can be measured in terms of years that tells you everything.

As others have said were now at the ‘his decision making is bad because of a shoulder injury we’re speculating he might have’ stage. Maybe he had an itchy arse so couldn’t possibly know why running into five defenders wasn’t a good idea

The fact so many fans still can’t see how utterly ridiculous that is, will never make sense to me. There’s no end to the excuses all because we think someone who has a stinker every week but happens to have a local accent somehow epitomises the club

Anustart89

What's this about?

I can see stuff like his low tracking back on the football pitch but I don't really ever see this big headed thing that some people see and talk about.
Alright, let's ignore the bit where he can't be bothered to track back which leads to the opposition attacking his wing and us then having to move Sancho to Rashford's wing and neuter his attacking output in order to compensate for Rashford's poor defensive effort. How about the fact that large parts of his play on the left wing relies on staying by the touchline so he can receive the ball under little pressure, dribble inside and shoot from 25-30 yards (if he doesn't run into a defender on the way there) and inevitably miss the goal? For a player that's scored like three long-range goals in his career, you'd think he'd actually be focusing on the parts of the game that has made him effective over the years, ie running in behind defences, no? Do you really think that the manager's instructed him to run straight into defenders all the time to open up opportunities for himself rather than using his teammates on the pitch?

Anustart89

As others have said were now at the ‘his decision making is bad because of a shoulder injury we’re speculating he might have’ stage. Maybe he had an itchy arse so couldn’t possibly know why running into five defenders wasn’t a good idea
Don’t give them ideas.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Rashford did well to continue getting a good amount of goals and assists last season even though he was playing poorly. But that doesn't change the fact that his general form was shit, and it was always obvious that he'd either have to drag himself back into form or the goals would eventually dry up. Unfortunately not only have the goals dried up, but his form has gotten even worse.

If he was just struggling to return to form after the back injury it would be sad but understandable. But what gets everybody so frustrated with him is that he's also very lazy and very selfish. Those things were already starting to show before the injury but his form was so good at the time that he was 'allowed' to do it in the same way as Ronaldo is/was, but if your form is as bad as what Rashford's has been then you need to at least work hard and have decent decision making.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Ralf is saying he’s been outstanding in training which I can believe as I don’t think he’d be playing him at all otherwise. Problem is between the ears then but first and foremost he needs to make the team play better and shouldn’t ever be thinking of knuckle balling it from 35yards with better options. Maybe he feels the pressure bit much. I definitely got time for the argument it’s not a charity it’s an elite football club, I’ve been making it myself for a good few years now. However if there’s something in his head that is making him visibly shrink on the pitch he needs to sort it. It’s competitive sport and you play on merit. Hope marcus sorts it out because we are short on options at the moment. Moment is now as these opportunities are constrained by time and won’t be around forever. Let’s see how Watford goes.

arthurka

Whilst I do agree -

Don't think this has anything to do with injuries he just looks uninterested just watch him enter the stadium and how he moves about. It just lacks excitement and interest.

stw2022

Setting aside the reality he’s equally bad on the left as he is the right, this idea that it’s normal for someone to be a future superstar when in their favourite position but like they’ve got theirs laces tied together and play like they’ve got a blindfold on when asked to switch sides is another excuse Rashford apologists have normalised

You’d think the manager had asked him to play in goal or work in accounts, not simply do the exact same job but from the other side of the pitch the way people use it as an excuse for how shit he is

Last edited:

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
If he hates football that much, maybe he should try a career in politics. Probably done better in that regard the past couple of years than on the pitch anyway.

TheMitz

Really pointless playing him these days, looks constantly angry and fed up

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Put on a strong 1 out 10 performance out there when we needed him.

I don't think it's form anymore either.

MemeFather

anyone remember that game when Tevez came in last 10 minutes. he ran like 10 km and chased every ball giving oppo defence no time!! compare that to Rashford today. playing like a 37-year old with 89 min behind him.

Superunknown

He has really disappointed me this season on the pitch. He's offering so little, whether he starts games or comes on. Unfortunately, it might be time to think about the future and what we need at the club, because he isn't living up to expectations.

OldSchoolManc

Leaving that ball as it came to him in a shooting position made me think of a rabbit caught in headlights that was thinking about carrot sex

Mystry

Friendship is magic
I really don't get why Ragnick keeps playing him? I know it's a bit weird to pick on him after that game when there were other bigger issues but it's so mind boggling. He's been awful for so long, looks completely disinterested, loses the ball, doesn't even get on the end of chances and offers no work rate, but still is turned to. It's not going to work, he's not going to do anything other than hinder us so stop fecking playing him. Lingard, Mata whoever. They may end up being crap but at least its somewhat unknown how they'll do, constantly throwing Rashford on just feels like it reinforces how he's playing at the minute and what does it say to the other players?

avgp_1

Doesnt get involved enough, when he does he ruins everything. Waste of space

BorisManUtd

Not that he didn't try when he came on (did some press on their defence etc) but offered nothing concrete. It wouldn't had been worse if Lingard or Mata came on instead of him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
A move abroad and then an early retirement by his late 20s. I can see it so vividly

Adam-Utd

No idea what is going on with him. He looks like he hates being out there.

I couldn't believe he dummied that cross that fell to him in the box? he just looks so confused.

PlayerOne

A move abroad and then an early retirement by his late 20s. I can see it so vividly
No chance of the club selling him, he's too big of a name. This club is all about marketing and he's still a big name

Kopral Jono

Why blame Rashford today? Sure, he was invisible and all that and I've been a fierce critic of him as of late, but we should have had the game dead and buried by the time he came on. You can't expect a player so ridiculously low on confidence to change a game in an instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.