Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Why blame Rashford today? Sure, he was invisible and all that and I've been a fierce critic of him as of late, but we should have had the game dead and buried by the time he came on. You can't expect a player so ridiculously low on confidence to change a game in an instance.
The entire point of a sub is to try to maka a fecking change in the game.

Stop giving excuses like he's played out of position or he's lacking confidence. You don't need to be confident or playing in the right position to make a bloody effort to run.

jesperjaap

Just 1 thing you don't score 105 goals for Manchester United by age 24 if you aren't a good player, that just doesn't happen some of the hyperbolic comments in here are laughable really.

He is a player out of form nothing more nothing less, what he does to regain form is anyones guess.
Wheter its the injuries, the work put in to causes or with media, form.....there is no doubting he really hasnt been very good for any consistent period of time since the magical night in Paris, he still had some decent runs of form but he has literally been a liability for the last 18months or so. Scholes said he looks tired and like he is trying too hard, looks like the opposite to me.

My personal opionion was his breakthrough was so big and ticked so many boxes for the media and fans that people got carried away with his ability and potential.

He does have ability and talent dont think many can really doubt that. I never really saw him going on to be a real star for us when he broke through though.

He always looked a good winger with some good tricks and the Ronaldo liek ability to hit a ball (again erratic though). Not been that surprised to see a few talented Englsih players overtake him in the international side.

I think there is something deeper though than just poor form. He did seem to have a great attitude and desire, his work rate is severly lacking now, his body language has changed, he looks disinterested. I wonder if deep down soemthing from these injuries he jsut knows he isnt the same or if he has fallen out of love with the game or club.

Considering Elanga is breakign through and Sancho also looks better on the left, his future at the club is certainly not guaranteed. Were it not for the Greenwood situation and the likely hood a fair few players here may leave for free or through choice this summer, he could well have been sold, dont see it now....I would though £60/70m for Rashford potentially rebuilds our midfield and gets a new centre back considering some of the free/cheaper options on the market potentially this summer

RedDevilQuebecois

At this rate, I'm not putting too far ahead of myself when I say that he looks more like a player for the bottom-10 in the Premier League. It's really sad, but that it is how bad the fall has been for him.

I only wish he learned more from Wayne Rooney when it comes to surviving the hype of his breakthrough and finding the drive to hurt opponents time and time again. We can say a lot about Rooney, but his level of drive was almost second to none.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
To be honest, the things in his game people are really picking up on have been there from the beginning, it's just that he would often create something or score and that, alongside the fact he's academy etc, would be enough for it to go unnoticed.

Right from the beginning though he never got stuck in, never challenged for headers, would get unhappy if passes didn't go exactly where he wanted them. It's not new, but now the focus is on him because he's not scoring goals and the combination looks awful. Even when he presses it's like he is doing it for show without realising the goal is to do everything you can to stop the opponent playing the ball and to win the ball back. He is just a passenger in much of the game, he always was and no-oone pulled him up on it early enough and looks pretty ingrained.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
To be honest, the things in his game people are really picking up on have been there from the beginning, it's just that he would often create something or score and that, alongside the fact he's academy etc, would be enough for it to go unnoticed.

Right from the beginning though he never got stuck in, never challenged for headers, would get unhappy if passes didn't go exactly where he wanted them. It's not new, but now the focus is on him because he's not scoring goals and the combination looks awful. Even when he presses it's like he is doing it for show without realising the goal is to do everything you can to stop the opponent playing the ball and to win the ball back. He is just a passenger in much of the game, he always was and no-oone pulled him up on it early enough and looks pretty ingrained.
There we go. A lot of us on here have been screaming into the void. It is absolutely no surprise we have been a massively underachieving team in the past 6 years with him as our lead attacker for the most part.

His basic footballing ability is so poor that it looks like he’s pretending to play football

Red_toad

The entire point of a sub is to try to maka a fecking change in the game.

Stop giving excuses like he's played out of position or he's lacking confidence. You don't need to be confident or playing in the right position to make a bloody effort to run.
He did run a lot when he came on. Not sure why people are claiming he didn't?

clarkydaz

There was another moment in the last third where it looked like he dummied or tried a backheel with the ball and nobody around him. So infuriating

MattofManchester

It's sad to say, but he looks atrocious.

Adds nothing, looks lost most of the time.

Just stop playing him until he feels hungry enough to work hard on his game again.

He looks a player with zero desire.

Greck

Workrate was fine. It's his general play that's bad. I've never seen an established name with such little understanding of where the ball should go next in attacking moves. It's not like he doesn't try to keep it simple, he just doesn't know where and when to pass the ball. If he's involved the move breaks down 100% guaranteed no questions asked.

RedDevil250

The worst part of his moment in the 84th minute is he looks to his right a few seconds before and sees Ronaldo in a full out sprint and will eventually be ahead of Rashford. Still just left it there. What the hell?

Greck

No one get me wrong Rash's poor understanding is why he's failing but this play is actually a failing of both CR and Rashford. With Rashford central and Ronaldo wide it looks like the idea was for Rash to dummy the ball to CR, for Rashford to make a short run into the middle then for CR to tap Rashford in for a nice 1-2 goal. Rather CR comes all the way from the wider area straight into the central player's path instead of playing passing support. It looks like Ronaldo playing every situation like a poacher and wanting to be the one on the end of every opportunity killed us here.

Anustart89

No one get me wrong Rash's poor understanding is why he's failing but this play is actually a failing of both CR and Rashford. With Rashford central and Ronaldo wide it looks like the idea was for Rash to dummy the ball to CR, for Rashford to make a short run into the middle then for CR to tap Rashford in for a nice 1-2 goal. Rather CR comes all the way from the wider area straight into the central player's path instead of playing passing support. It looks like Ronaldo playing every situation like a poacher and wanting to be the one on the end of every opportunity killed us here.
How about just put your foot on it from 12 yards out rather than playing low-percentage one-twos inside the fecking penalty box, eh? But yeah, it's Cristiano's fault for not anticipating the dummy for the one-two so Rashford could shoot from six yards instead of twelve, on the off-chance he didn't find himself offside while doing it.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
The issue is that we have more pressing matters.

A CM (two if Pogba goes) is an absolute must this summer. A CF is also an absolute necessity.

If we go further than that, you have got to be thinking about a CB and then a better footballer at RB before you even think about the wide areas.

He will get at least another year to sort himself out because there is simply too much else to do, so there isn’t really any point mulling over his sale at this stage.

It’s not a management sim and the turnover won’t be that big in the summer.

Dante

Average bang
He was fine.

Looked to me as though he was taking Scholes' advice from earlier in the week and just doing the basics.

The problem he's had this season is that his confidence is shot. So every time he gets the ball, he tries to produce a single big moment in an effort to turn things around quickly. That's obviously not been working because there's a time and a place for when you do those things.

Against Watford, he pretty much did nothing but lay it off simple. That's fine for now, given that his status has been downgraded to just being substitute.

I think his detractors are adding to the pressure by demanding big moments from him all the time. Just let him feel his way out of this hole. He'll have a better chance if they do.

Greck

How about just put your foot on it from 12 yards out rather than playing low-percentage one-twos inside the fecking penalty box, eh? But yeah, it's Cristiano's fault for not anticipating the dummy for the one-two so Rashford could shoot from six yards instead of twelve, on the off-chance he didn't find himself offside while doing it.
I already said Rashford messed up but the CR bit is clear.CR doesn't have to play a 1-2, as a bare minimum he just has to not run into his own player's path to goal, that isn't asking much. He's the wide forward yet making runs into the central striker's path so that even if Rashford had a go there would be a second defender in front of the shot. That isn't how any organised team plays. If you want to say Rashford screwed up no problem but if you want to say he screwed up and CR played that perfect then you're wrong on the latter.

From most to least detrimental Rashford then Ronaldo and Bruno are affecting our attacking ceiling.

Last edited:

Anustart89

I already said Rashford messed up but the CR bit is clear.CR doesn't have to play a 1-2, as a bare minimum he just has to not run into his own player's path to goal, that isn't asking much. He's the wide forward yet making runs into the central striker's path so that even if Rashford had a go there would be a second defender in front of the shot. That isn't how any organised team plays. If you want to say Rashford screwed up no problem but if you want to say he screwed up and CR played that perfect then you're wrong on the latter.
Well, thankfully I didn't say that. My opinion is that what Ronaldo's doing is completely irrelevant since Rashford should be taking a shot there instead of attempting some sort of dummy. For what it's worth, Ronaldo's making a run inside the box since he doesn't know where the ball is being played once it comes in. As it falls to Rashford, he can't just stop all his momentum so it makes sense to keep going forward to be there for a loose ball or rebound once Rashford's taken his shot. Which he should've done. But didn't.

FerociousCorgis

Jesus Christ man no.

Greck

Well, thankfully I didn't say that. My opinion is that what Ronaldo's doing is completely irrelevant since Rashford should be taking a shot there instead of attempting some sort of dummy. For what it's worth, Ronaldo's making a run inside the box since he doesn't know where the ball is being played once it comes in. As it falls to Rashford, he can't just stop all his momentum so it makes sense to keep going forward to be there for a loose ball or rebound once Rashford's taken his shot. Which he should've done. But didn't.
Then we don't actually disagree that much, not on every point anyway. It also depends on what was worked on in training so there's some guesswork to be done here. The question regarding CR was the choice of run to make. Should the wide forward have made the run in the first place? Having central and wide forwards having their wires crossed is almost always a failing in communication between multiple people so there are multiple overlapping failures. We have all these talented players frequently going off script playing for their tallies. At least you asked. I sure do hope some don't see this and make some snide dismissal remark like I'm saying Rashford did nothing wrong. Like how many times does this need to be clarified. Oops too late.

Last edited:

VivaRonaldo85

The most depressing part of all this is he will obviously keep getting game time with Martial, Greenwood & Cavani (to an extent) done with. By default he will continue to regress live in front of us.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I wonder if he can turn it on. It's almost as if he is not even trying. Why? I don't get it. Maybe he has just lost it, maybe he writes a book about it and maybe he comes back. Maybe he don't.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
The most depressing part of all this is he will obviously keep getting game time with Martial, Greenwood & Cavani (to an extent) done with. By default he will continue to regress live in front of us.
Rooney was a terrible role-model for him when he came into the team as a youngster. Rashford has hit that same level now where you can't justify his appearances despite his name warranting it for different reasons. Meh, move on.

the chameleon

All players go through a patch or patches of bad form. He has been so bad for the last 12 months, it will be extremely tough for him to come back. He would need to have elite-level mental strength. There is more chance of him being 2nd tier club player than coming back.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Wasn't a very good cameo from him today but he seems to being scapegoated for the result again. He was only on for what? 20 mins?

As bad as he was when he came on... Marcus Rashford didn't cost us the PTS today. Ronaldo and Bruno did.

Tyrion

Wasn't a very good cameo from him today but he seems to being scapegoated for the result again. He was only on for what? 20 mins?

As bad as he was when he came on... Marcus Rashford didn't cost us the PTS today. Ronaldo and Bruno did.
That's true. It's not like he cost us anything we had. At best you could say he's a waste of a substitution.

Sancho, Ronaldo and Elanga are the best front 3 we have.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

You are correct. But I think fans every right to be worried about just how useless Rashford has become (also did nothing in the little time yesterday). His salary is good and his status are the club us is big but really as with Martial given his performances he should be on the edge of the boot and know that he has limited chances to prolong his time at United. But I doubt that's happening.

Longshanks

I couldn't understand that one, middle of goal in the box able to take it First time or maybe take a touch and hit it and he leaves it for noone.

Is it deliberate? Maybe he dosent like Rangnick? Or is it confidence issue? Just dosent belive in himself to the point of leaving a guilt edged chance well alone. Or is it Ronaldo? Hes so overwhelmed by his presence that he thinks he is behind him and is leaving it for him.

Its not Ronaldo's fault but I have a theory with the affect CR7 has had on our two young strikers, before Greenwood's issue came to light i felt he had gone even more selfish than usual in the presence of Ronaldo and it was negatively affecting his game. And with Rashford it looked as if it had gone the other way he was looking for him to much and it was negatively affecting his game.

Ronaldo clearly demanding the young stikers look to play him in, and the reactions from both is a mirror of there personalities Greenwood being a selfish self centered prick, and Rashford being a team player who thinks of others.

Either way Rashfords has to sort his performances out, otherwise he is at risk of his career at United coming to an end.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The issue is that we have more pressing matters.

A CM (two if Pogba goes) is an absolute must this summer. A CF is also an absolute necessity.

If we go further than that, you have got to be thinking about a CB and then a better footballer at RB before you even think about the wide areas.

He will get at least another year to sort himself out because there is simply too much else to do, so there isn’t really any point mulling over his sale at this stage.

It’s not a management sim and the turnover won’t be that big in the summer.
2 is a must without taking Pogba into account. Matic is finished too

Status
Not open for further replies.