Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Agenda peddlers already here I see.

Rashford had a good run and cross and one bad run where he collided with a few defenders. Other than that none of the forwards got the ball in the final 25 minutes of the game.
What are you on about? Our forwards were burnt out when Lingard and Rashford came on. They were brought on as fresh legs and neither of the 2 of them didn't get out of second gear. Absolutely disgraceful but as this is the Rashford thread I'm calling him out. I'd go to the Lingard thread and call him out as well but he isn't worth my time.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
In general I understand why he gets all the critisism. But today he saw the ball two times. He had no chance to get into the game. It's irrational hate for him in here now.
And had no options apart from running forward with the ball. Not a single runner with him. Of all the players to blame today, it ain’t him.
Whaaattttt??? How about showing just a little bit of passion? If he can't do it in a Derby game then what's the point of prolonging his United career. Not once did he make a sprint to close Citys defenders down when they had the ball making it piss easy for them to start more attacks. As for helping out with our defence. You can forget about that. Rsshford is too precious for any of that nonsense. Just look at the work Elanga did and then come back to me.

Oranges038

Whaaattttt??? How about showing just a little bit of passion? If he can't do it in a Derby game then what's the point of prolonging his United career. Not once did he make a sprint to close Citys defenders down when they had the ball making it piss easy for them to start more attacks. As for helping out with our defence. You can forget about that. Rsshford is too precious for any of that nonsense. Just look at the work Elanga did and then come back to me.
I think he chased one. It was passed all the way back to Ederson and he pointlessly ran all the way in after it from about the halfway line. But did nothing when lads were 5 yards away.

Didn't look interested at all, like he was still pissed about not being started.

TheMitz

He has a point to prove but will never do it while he's too busy sulking.

Red00012

Himself and JLINGZ can take a permanent holiday In for summer , we need an overhaul of this squad

L1nk

A local lad in a derby and he shows absolutely no fight, passion, or any ability to bother running. Absolutely hate him currently and cannot stand the sight of him. Sell him at the earliest opportunity. Absolute waster

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Come on ffs he can't be blamed for today, surely? The guy came on when the game was already lost. City had total control.

Some people just seem to enjoy trying to blame everything on this kid for some reason. He could come on for 5 mins and it would be enough for some people.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Come on ffs he can't be blamed for today, surely? The guy came on when the game was already lost. City had total control.

Some people just seem to enjoy trying to blame everything on this kid for some reason. He could come on for 5 mins and it would be enough for some people.
Don’t see anyone blaming him for the loss, they are bemoaning the consistency of Rashy being not arsed enough to care & put out a suitable effort.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Don’t see anyone blaming him for the loss, they are bemoaning the consistency of Rashy being not arsed enough to care & put out a suitable effort.
He didn't look not arsed to me today. He put effort in and went on some runs but we were being hopelessly outplayed by a better team with a better coach.

The entire back 4 were an utter shambles.

RedDevilQuebecois

Not to blame for today but probably has one more season to save his Man Utd career regardless.
Meh, I say he's done as a Manchester United player. Should a purge take place, he will be among the first to get the axe.

When he tried to run on his own, ignore Bruno (?) on the other side, and then hesitate between shooting or dribbling past 3 opponents, I think Ralf would have done us a favor by pulling him out immediately. People say that subbing off a substitute would destroy whatever small confidence is left, but I no longer care. If Marcus chooses to put his own interest above the team's, then he has no business playing for Manchester United ever again.

Honestly, I was fine with the idea of subbing him off and send Hannibal in there. At some point, a clear message has to be sent to remind everyone that no one's untouchable.

Wayne's World

Why is he suddenly not trying? There's something going on behind the scenes with him. He needs to be sold because this attitude of doing feck all everything he gets on the pitch is becoming tiresome

Brophs

The One and Only
His confidence looks shot to pieces. Every time you see him face up a defender, if they don’t make the first move he has no idea what to do, beyond pushing it past them/trying to nutmeg them and run onto it. I feel for him.

The Oracle

There was a moment when he ran at the City defence with the ball, and I could see what he was going to do... he was going to run into a blind alley

Guess what? He ran into a blind alley.

The biggest surprise was that I wasn't surprised.

Says it all.

RedStarUnited

Agenda peddlers already here I see.

Rashford had a good run and cross and one bad run where he collided with a few defenders. Other than that none of the forwards got the ball in the final 25 minutes of the game.
Rewatch that 'good run and cross' again. Had he looked up when he got the ball, someone was in on the other side. But he goes on a needless run and attempts a much harder cross.

And most of our issues is with him being lazy off the ball. He is awful in this aspect of his game and he didnt used to be.

BlahRules

Rewatch that 'good run and cross' again. Had he looked up when he got the ball, someone was in on the other side. But he goes on a needless run and attempts a much harder cross.

And most of our issues is with him being lazy off the ball. He is awful in this aspect of his game and he didn't used to be.
When Ole first joined he spoke about defending from the front and he did that, now he just thinks Neymar and doesn't need to anything but wait for the ball to get to him.

Has ole made him think he is better than he is or he just doesn't care about playing this club anymore? Whatever it is he should not be getting minutes. Same for Lingard when Hannibal should be getting the minutes.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
sick of the sight of him.

I will be so pissed off if he isnt fecked off in the summer

Devil’s Trident

Who are we kidding ? He is set for life here at this club. I bet you no matter how terrible he becomes he is here to stay. He has gone so far off that he can’t even do basics right and I don’t think he is coming back.

People aren’t prepared to have the conversation about him asking where it all went wrong ? But I know and many other posters know where it all started and people are either afraid to say it or scared to admit it. The day he became more than a footballer was the day football became secondary for him. The cause was right but it has come with a cost and it’s all down to Rashford. Solskjaer was not lying or didn’t say it by mistake when he said he should focus on his football. He could see what was happening. But everyone including him stroked his ego more and more. Now we have a busted player who we won’t get rid because he has become too big of an asset for us for the wrong reasons and I’m afraid it’s about to get worse and he would be like a noose around our neck that would get more and more tight until it suffocates us because of the new contract we would offer him soon.

Red-17

His confidence looks shot to pieces. Every time you see him face up a defender, if they don’t make the first move he has no idea what to do, beyond pushing it past them/trying to nutmeg them and run onto it. I feel for him.
The easiest way to fix your confidence is to run yourself into the ground and make some luck for yourself. It doesn't just fall back into your hands while you jog around and make a sprint here and there. There is no excuse for Fernandes (regardless of how good/bad he was today) to be pressing and pressuring more than him and Lingard in the second half.

Brophs

The One and Only
The easiest way to fix your confidence is to run yourself into the ground and make some luck for yourself. It doesn't just fall back into your hands while you jog around and make a sprint here and there. There is no excuse for Fernandes (regardless of how good/bad he was today) to be pressing and pressuring more than him and Lingard in the second half.
Can’t disagree with that. But the mind (and confidence) can be brittle things. Running your arse off will always be easier when you’re on the crest of a wave.

TommiHelm

He's always had the issue of staring at his feet when he's running with the ball, and it's never gonna change. It's infuriating to watch. The amount of chances he could create for other players if he just looked up once in a while.

RedDevilQuebecois

This. Seems to me that Rashford learned next to feck all from the 2 seasons he spent alongside Wayne Rooney as his captain. Even when Rooney's body was about to give up, he kept on running time and time again.

The fact that Bruno spent more energy pressing than Rashford did should be embarrassing enough.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Just watched on catch up. The lack of intensity and pressure on the ball from him in a defensive phases is just shocking, it is close to zero percent, he's like a fecking training ground cone. All you Ole lovers should remember who made him our superstar waged #10, what a joke. In his current form he's like a poor man's Demarai Grey and that's from someone who genuinely believe(d) in his talent.

GlasgowCeltic

Came on at 2-1

Trequarista10

Why is he suddenly not trying? There's something going on behind the scenes with him.
I'm starting to think so too. I normally hate all the gossipy/speculation crap, but I'm starting to think Rashford is involved in the recent leaks about squad disharmony. Whatever it is, it seems like his head has completely gone.

VivaRonaldo85

It’s an unpopular opinion but it’s impossible not to link his off field performances with his on field. We all commend everything he’s done off the pitch but it’s the type of focused work you see from players at the end or after their playing career, not in the midst of what should be their prime. He’s not superhuman and I’ll always believe he’s sacrificed some of his game on the pitch.

Doracle

He just looks completely devoid of confidence to me. The chance he had when he ended up getting crowded out he was incredibly hesitant rather than driving at them with pace. Really hoping we can get him back in form for the start of next season, as he’s essential to our team.

Bobski

I can accept players being out of form, or just not being good enough. They can't control that, they can control their effort levels and work-rate.

It is very odd though to see Rashford this way, outwardly there has been nothing to suggest he has a bad attitude or is a poor professional, it is as if he has just fallen out of love with the game and is just going through the motions, there is no joy remaining in the way he plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.