4.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

Sad how awful his general play has become. He scored goals but he's not as half entertaining as he used to be. His work rate on the pitch has went down hill in comparison to his early days.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Doesn't know the A B C of pressing. Needs a feckload of coaching on it.
Not surprising given the coaches he's had these past 6 years. Hopefully the new coaches improve him (and Sancho and Greenwood) in this regard.

Walters_19_MuFc

Decent first half. Was constantly threatening in behind with his well timed runs. Had some good link play with Ronaldo and Sancho. Second half, like Sancho, I felt he started to tire and make sloppy errors.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Couldn't be arsed pressing most of the time (more than once Fred flew past him to put pressure on the ball where Rashford should already have been) and it felt like every other attack we had died as soon as he got the ball.

Has just generally played like he's half asleep ever since he came back.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Not sure what's going on with him at the moment. He's just not in the game. It's like his head is elsewhere. The game passes him by, he looks unfit and disinterested. Very strange. He should be dropped.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He really needs to take some time off to work on his form & attitude.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Rangnick needs to give him some mental boost, looks like recovery from injury isn't exactly enough to get him going in the right direction so far.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
If Pippo Inzaghi was born offside then Marcus Rashford was conceived offside.

Red_Manc_M15

He has not performed well for ages it seems now. He constantly over runs it or hogs the ball instead of passing it to a better postioned player. I don't know what the issue is. Thought it was his shoulder but he has had that operation and doesn't look unfit so has to be something else. I don't want to bad mouth his off field stuff because it is good things he is doing but he must remember he is a footballer for Man utd first and foremost.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Decent first half. Was constantly threatening in behind with his well timed runs. Had some good link play with Ronaldo and Sancho. Second half, like Sancho, I felt he started to tire and make sloppy errors.
I feel like me and you are the same person on most things :)

GlasgowCeltic

Rachel in that episode of Friends where they tell her to go long while the rest play football

Red00012

I’ve been saying it for years this guy is so overhyped. Absolutely nothing player at this stage. Only playing by name

Bebestation

'It always stays a little bit like a weak spot': Robin van Persie warns Marcus Rashford he was out for FOUR months with similar back injury... and he's never truly recovered

I didn't say this. RVP did, so shout at him and not at me. No replies please.

Frank White

Crazy to me that he's getting this much stick for that performance.... Don't get me wrong was hardly anything special but he didn't do much wrong i felt. Made some decent runs that weren't picked up, pressed as well as anyone in the front line 1st half more so. Don't want to make this Sancho vs Rashford but Sancho's passing this game was terrible and he's getting applauded in his thread :houllier:

lex talionis

Poor today. Poor most of the season. Whatever is on his mind these days he needs to let go it and focus on improving his football.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I thought he started well and was the trigger for our pressing and winning the ball back in the first 30 mins. His running caused Palace problems but then he faded.

Walters_19_MuFc

Haha. People are entitled to their opinion, of course, but I feel some are being slightly over the top. I don't think he was as bad as some are suggesting. Certainly not the Rashford of old but to call this 'his worse performance'' and 'offers absolutely nothing' to quote a few, is a bit silly, in my opinion. But hey, each to their own.

I did find it interesting that Rangnick replaced him with Elanga. Elanga, in my opinion, is the closest to Rashford, in terms of running off the ball. Both similar to Timo Werner, who he also played in the LF forward role at Leipzig.

Be interesting to see what he does when Martial is back but we need someone to stretch the game and as I said, Rashford did that quite a lot in the first half and at times in the second. Yes, he got caught offside a few times, but that's inevitable when you're playing on the last man.

BorisManUtd

He's turned 24 recently so hardly a young player anymore, especially with almost 6 years of experience in first team football. Can still become a top player and it's not a situation like Martial's but he'll have to improve. Have to say it would've been surprising few years back if neither of Rashford and Martial fulfil their potential but it is a possibility.

Kag

I actually thought his movement was better today. Everything else was shite, but I thought the formation suited him.

Bebestation

Crazy to me that he's getting this much stick for that performance.... Don't get me wrong was hardly anything special but he didn't do much wrong i felt. Made some decent runs that weren't picked up, pressed as well as anyone in the front line 1st half more so. Don't want to make this Sancho vs Rashford but Sancho's passing this game was terrible and he's getting applauded in his thread :houllier:
And your like me too :drool:

Sancho was good in the first half but wasn't playing as a forward.

Rashford was running of Lindelof's passes and Sancho's passes, making dribbling runs and cut backs.

He was better than Ronaldo in the first half and Rashford was pressing well especially in the first 30 mins of the game.

Andersons Dietician

He was… alright. By no means was he awful but he just doesn’t seem to have that something extra. He started well, the pressing was good but hate to keep coming back to this over and over again but it’s the decisions he makes. Ralf needs to his body my brain him to get a tune out of him.

Hope he is still feeling his way back in and this isn’t what Rashford is now.

pascell

Needs dropping, he's been terrible for a long while now.

The difference between him and Sancho is night and day, it's not even close. Rashford has been massively overhyped.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I didn't think he was as awful as he has been recently but he still looks like a bit of a passenger at times. Not the worst thing given how much Sancho is offering on the left but difficult given the high expectations we have based on his previous work. In all truth, I thought he looked more agile tonight but I'm inclined to think his recovery from the back injury is going to be a problem for a while, maybe due to mental reasons as much as physical. That was something we found for a few seasons with Shaw after his leg break.

Remember the geese

He needs to sort his shit out. A couple of goals immediately after returning from injury, but consistently poor since. It doesn't help that he was quite poor last season too (playing through injury) with goals often masking over those performances. I hope he can return to the electric form he was in previously.

GMoore23

I'm just chilling here watching the movie Casper now after the game.
Feck, I knew Rashford looked familiar.

siw2007

Better than against Arsenal, made loads of good runs, good passes, worked hard but again he hits a point in the game around the hour mark when his energy levels fall off a cliff. He still doesn’t look as if he is in as good physical shape as he did a few years ago. He needs a lot of work on the training pitch to bring him up to standard but otherwise that was alright.

Swiss_Red89

I said it after the Arsenal game, will say it again.
I question his stamina and physical shape at the moment. First half imo he played fine. Had good runs in behind and pressed a lot more than previously. I thought this were promising signs.

But second half he seemed just not up to it anymore, not that he wouldn't want or didn't try. I think his body just couldn't give more. He certainly needs to up his shape.

Though it has to be said, I think that the new formation with a more central role will suit him.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He was poor, not terrible because at least he tried to do some running in behind and tried to execute something resembling "pressing".

At this point I can't came one aspect of the game in which he's better than Greenwood. Maybe right foot, but even that's debatable.

I don't see Rashford starting ahead of Mason and Jadon.

Status
Not open for further replies.