Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Thought he was really poor and one of the main reasons why we couldn't kill the game off.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Stinks the place out even when we’re playing well.

Got an assist but tbh I expected him to mess the pass up. Everything he touches turns to shit. Shouldn’t get in the side when Antony and Martial are fit.

stw2022

Best moment was when Eriksen was on ball and he just immediately sprinted about six yards offside to ensure that the option to play the pass was no longer on the table.

Sgreddevil

He played just like a youth team player with limited decision making capabilities but it is inexcusable for a player of his experience. I wondered if he has improve that aspect since he came onto the scene. His progress seem to be stagnant or worsen. At least he used to have the drive and fight in him. Now I dont feel that any more

NK86

I'm sick of it, sick of being positive during the odd outstanding performance followed by this sort of shite. I thought he was a standout in noticeably more negative attitude than his teammates around him. What goes through his head when he sees his teammates busting a lung to get after the ball and try to win the game? That second half, that zone he goes in where he jogs towards the ball and then so fecking sloppy in possession over and over again, not able to execute passes a forward at a top club should make 9 times out of 10. He was the main reason we couldn't keep the ball in Leicester half in the second half and then to see him doing that Rashford 'non-event' zone. He just seems so comfortable being rank average, I don't understand it.

Hard to see how we can compete with the extremely good teams at the top with that kind of quality up front. Hope Antony is the first step in phasing him out. Good assist in the first half, but we need to phase him out. Enough is enough, he is just not good enough.
Pretty much how I saw it. You press from the front and his was non existent. Elanga is pretty useless with the ball but at least he did his part in busting a gut for the team. Rashford stands there and does nothing as if he is prime Messi. Really infuriating.
Less said about his ability as a striker, the better.

We desperately need a striker in. Once Antony settles in and Martial is back, Rashford should be on the bench. Just hope we don't start getting those leaks and useless nonsense when these babies are phased out.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Had like 5 good moments in the game. His hold up play is one of the worst, his dribbling has also just gone. No new contract please, we need to sell and replace in the summer

Frank Grimes

First half he played 3 nice balls including the assist. He also infuriatingly gave away 3 simple balls.

2nd half he was shite and couldn't do anything right until he was switched to the left where he did a little better.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Thought he was poor in quality today. He really needs to improve on his final passes and dribbling. Even his first touch is wanting.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
He links well with Sancho which Ronaldo doesn’t, which is part of why we look quite good at times, but also he doesn’t really do anything else, so for all the nice aesthetics, we aren’t actually creating very much…

Lentwood

Am I being dramatic when I say I find it physically painful watching him play?

Lets leave aside for a second his total inability to control and pass a football....when did he last win a 50:50 or even a 60:40 in his favour?

If you want to play CF you need to master the art of turning nothing into something. Rashford has mastered the art of turning something into nothing.

Swiss_Red89

I thought he was dangerous during the whole match. Had an assist and could have had one or two more.

Workrate also much improved. Really don't get the hate for him.

CG1010

He lost every duel he fought (didn't). Does no effort whatsoever to press the opposition and is definitely not a striker as he tends to drift away during the attacks. Time to think of some out of box ideas such as a false 9 instead of him as striker?

Swedish_Plumber

Doesn’t work hard enough. When you couple that with the horrendous form it makes him a hard player to get behind.

Nice pass for the goal though.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Not a centre forward. We really need Martial desperately.

I suspect we should have sold him to PSG when we had the chance.

Foxbatt

He was shite. He had opportunities to pass early in the first half and second halves and he fecked up.

Lewnited

Am I being dramatic when I say I find it physically painful watching him play?

Lets leave aside for a second his total inability to control and pass a football....when did he last win a 50:50 or even a 60:40 in his favour?

If you want to play CF you need to master the art of turning nothing into something. Rashford has mastered the art of turning something into nothing.
Yeah I kind of feel this. It's like I'm watching someone with the body of an adult play with the intensity of a 7 year old. It's really odd to watch. At this rate I genuinely wonder where he'll be in 2/3 years time, his stock is dropping rapidly.

NK86

I thought he was dangerous during the whole match. Had an assist and could have had one or two more.

Maybe you watched a different game. His work rate was piss poor throughout. Standing there, moping around, while the rest of the team are pressing and doing his job for him. He neither pressed, nor cut off any passing lanes as the CF. He just stood there, walking around most of the times out of possession.

Swiss_Red89

He was shite. He had opportunities to pass early in the first half and second halves and he fecked up.
Yet he provided the match winning assist. Played through Ronaldo very well at the end, shame Ronnie didn't finish from that position.

Telsim

His overall contribution to a team is just so, so little. He is so painfully limited. He got an assist, good job of course, but it saved his performance from being a 2/10. As I said months back, he will become unsaleable next summer. Which means he will probably get a bumper deal.

hobbers

Needs to go the way of Maguire and Shaw.

They've dragged us down for so long.

arthurka

He was all sorts of shit tonight, ran a bit and one pass hit his teammate. 3/10 dreadful option upfront.

OT_United

Thought he was good first half but back to the usual shite second half. His first touch is appalling most of the time.

JeffBoomTetris

thats the thing, in a top team it cant be
True. Standards for a Utd striker have dropped massively.

There was a moment right after the goal where he got the ball. He didn't pass to anyone, just ran at the defender, took a heavy touch and fecked up the attack. He breaks down many attacks like this because of his trampoline touch.

Greck

I'm actually surprised not to see a wave of "great performance". His play is so erratic it's often influenced by what 10 minutes stuck out the most. Moments to mistakes back and forth. Tonight was especially wild in that first half, second was straight bad.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Stinks the place out even when we’re playing well.

Got an assist but tbh I expected him to mess the pass up. Everything he touches turns to shit. Shouldn’t get in the side when Antony and Martial are fit.
He will be next to Maguire and Shaw.

sammyhol

He’s good at one thing. Running in behind.

But other than that…. There are gaping chasms in his play.

Get dispossessed easily, terrible with his back to the defender, pass selection is poor.

He should be competing for a spot on the left with Sancho…. Just can’t do it through the middle.

We really need to pray that the Martial from the Liverpool game makes regular appearances this season or we are going to look shockingly thin up top, with an ancient Ronaldo our only other viable No 9.

Red Royal

I hope benched Rashford can be a good option for us to bring on. He tried hard today but the Ronaldo cameo showed the difference a true CF can bring.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Yet he provided the match winning assist. Played through Ronaldo very well at the end, shame Ronnie didn't finish from that position.
Doing one thing right (a simple pass at that) amid a host a feck ups isn't "dangerous". We would have scored 3-4 with a better player in his role. Hell Martial would have had us at least 2-0 either through hold up play for others or scoring on his own.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United

His workmate is absolutely shite. I think it was @hobbers who called it perfectly when he said something along the lines that Rashford has perfected the art of making it look like he's working when all he's doing is jogging slower than walking pace which is something a player does in the 94th minute when being substituted off. I'm in full agreement with him.

Shark

@NotShark
Needs to go the way of Maguire and Shaw.

They've dragged us down for so long.
This is it. He's dropped them, why not continue the trend. I'm not sure how you can look at Ronaldo out there tonight and think he's a worse option even if he doesn't pretend to run as much as Rashford.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
With Sancho playing on the left and his performance coming along on that side, when Antony get integrated he'll go the right and Sancho will remain on the left. And if somehow Martial gets over his injury issues, Rashford will be rightly relegated to the bench because he won't be knocking Sancho from that left side and he sure as heck isn't going to play striker over a fit Martial.

Marwood

Doesn’t work hard enough. When you couple that with the horrendous form it makes him a hard player to get behind.

Nice pass for the goal though.
I thought he worked hard enough tonight.

He was just overall a bit scruffy in everything he did. There's no sharpness to his feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.