6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Just to add on: Absolutely LOVED him taking that finish early with his left. It's the only reason he scored as you can tell it caught the keeper off guard who was probably expecting him to shift it onto his right. That's pure ETH coaching right there, Rashford actively avoided his weaker foot before this year and now it's gotten good enough to take his entire game up a level. These are the types of things people like me wanted to see from him before this year when I would criticize him. Stuff like having a threat on your weaker side to cross/pass/shoot, finding the extra pass and making the right decision around the box etc. That's the stuff that takes a player from being a real talent that's inconsistent, to a top level talisman type.

Rolaholic

He's an absolute joy to watch with a full head of steam and the ball at his feet

Last edited:

JeffFromHK

With the way he’s playing it’d be disappointing for him not to hit 30 in all comps. He’s on 18 already!

The most he’s ever scored in a season is 22. He’s going to beat that.
We never had a player that scores more than 30 goals all comps a single season since the retirement of Sir Alex (Zlatan was on his way to breaking that bad record until he got injured in April and Bruno was on his way to break that record but he failed to score in his last couple gamees), hope Rashy can break that curse!

Strelok

The lad is simply unplayable atm. But imo we should be really careful with his fitness. Last time he was showing this kind of form he got injured and couldn't do it again until now. If he can keep fit and play like this for the rest of season imo it's safe to say he's now world class.

dogwithabone

How far is Rashford off Mbappe right now ? He’s in the form of his life and this has to be the greatest turnaround in a player I can remember - certainly at United. I’ll hold my hands up, I wanted him gone but now I’m not swapping him for any other PL striker and I’m not sure there are many, if any, in Europe I’d trade him in for. My only very slight criticism last night was a few times he cut in he unselfishly looked to set up a team mate square as opposed to being more selfish and having a shot. The form he’s in everything is going in.

Glorio

Was definitely struggling for fitness a couple of games ago - back in full health. He was pressing like a mad man from the first whistle.

Thankfully, it appears Bruno has found his scoring boots just in time to share the load

JeffFromHK

The lad is simply unplayable atm. But imo we should be really careful with his fitness. Last time he was showing this kind of form he got injured and couldn't do it again until now. If he can keep fit and play like this for the rest of season imo it's safe to say he's now world class.
We should rest him against Reading.

Tman

He's found consistency, hopes he keeps it up. He could be one of the very best!.

kingEric68

ETH deserves plaudits for Rashys improvement. He is flying and full of confidence and self belief, but ETH alongside his England coaches have spent time rebuilding him to what we see now

dogwithabone

Agree.

ETH took him off early yesterday. If it was for a knock he won't play but if not he'll play I think. Btw anyone knows why he was taken off early yesterday?
I think it’s just managing him correctly and with so many games coming up making sure we don’t over do him.

Ludens the Red

Rewatched that goal in close up, the last bit before the shot where he steps over the ball and positions his body to take the shot is ridiculous.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Rewatched that goal in close up, the last bit before the shot where he steps over the ball and positions his body to take the shot is ridiculous.
Exactly what I said, the shifting and repositioning onto his left foot was world class.

EtH

He took it early with his left and the keeper was just as confused as the rest of us.

Sylar

He took it early with his left and the keeper was just as confused as the rest of us.
Yesss
I don't know why but I was so happy he finished it with his left. I was expecting him to open his body and slot with his right. He just cooly finished with his left and I loved that

Parma Dewol

Though we have so many attacking players, we still don't have a first-choice strike force, and it was never certain where exactly the goals would come from this season. Even though we're becoming a well-drilled team, goals are still in short supply and we're among the lowest scorers in the top half of the table.

That being the case, thank goodness Rashford has well and truly stepped up.

Marcus Rashford - 18
Anthony Martial - 5
Antony - 5
Cristiano Ronaldo - 3
Jadon Sancho - 3
Alejandro Garnacho - 2
Wout Weghorst - 1

As far as our forwards are concerned, he has now scored almost as many as all the others put together! Imagine where we'd be if one or two of his teammates had managed to get into double figures, too.

padzilla

Hipster
There seems to be a feeling among many supporters he's leaving if we don't give him a huge pay rise, not sure if there's anything in this.

Crimson King

There seems to be a feeling among many supporters he's leaving if we don't give him a huge pay rise, not sure if there's anything in this.
He's already one of the best paid players in the squad, but we're not going to give him silly Ronaldo type money. I imagine any new contract will have heavy bonuses to fully reward something like the current form he's in now.

If he leaves because of money then the only teams that could pay him more are the oil clubs. Doubt he'd want to go to City or Newcastle, and playing in the French league for PSG is a massive step down. There's a reason M'bappe keeps trying to leave them and they keep giving him more money and power.

I get the feeling he's quite tempted at the idea of trying himself in Spain one day, but Real and Barca just can't afford him at the moment, I don't think.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Defenders are definitely conspiring to make him look like Mbappe at the moment. Not taking anything away from Rashford and his supreme confidence but he just picked up the ball in his own half and did what he wanted.

Rashford’s on fire, your defence is literally terrified.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Though we have so many attacking players, we still don't have a first-choice strike force, and it was never certain where exactly the goals would come from this season. Even though we're becoming a well-drilled team, goals are still in short supply and we're among the lowest scorers in the top half of the table.

That being the case, thank goodness Rashford has well and truly stepped up.

Marcus Rashford - 18
Anthony Martial - 5
Antony - 5
Cristiano Ronaldo - 3
Jadon Sancho - 3
Alejandro Garnacho - 2
Wout Weghorst - 1

As far as our forwards are concerned, he has now scored almost as many as all the others put together! Imagine where we'd be if one or two of his teammates had managed to get into double figures, too.
He's not on the list but Fernandes has 6 and will likely break double figures soon after scoring 3 in the last 4.

iHicksy

He's got shades of Ronaldo to his game now. That season when Ronnie went from a bit of a show-pony and inconstant to suddenly the next year being unplayable feels a little like Rashford's season before this and now.

EtH

He's got shades of Ronaldo to his game now. That season when Ronnie went from a bit of a show-pony and inconstant to suddenly the next year being unplayable feels a little like Rashford's season before this and now.
Steady, mate.

OmarUnited4ever

18 Goals so far, awesome return and he is in his best form, long may it continue.

I am predicting that he will finish the season with at least 30 goals in all comps. (but I am hoping he scores more in PL).

Hackman2210

Listen and understand, Marcus Rashford is out there, he cant be bargained with, he can't be reasoned with. he doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop... ever, until you are dead! !

So true - apart from the dead bit!
Love watching him this season.

Lee565

It's crazy that despite his now lengthy great run of goalscoring form he still isn't on top scorers list of 10 and above in the league?

Herman Toothrot

I can't remember what the thread was called and I've had a hidden for a while, but are 80% of you still stupid enough to want to sell him? If I were King, you'd all be first against the wall.

Jeffthered

More power, he looks a bit of a unit, and now he has that prescence about him, that he is a player to fear. Great to see the finish with the left foot.. he needs to build that into his game (because defenders will stop him cutting inside.... ) as well as scoring more with his head. He has a good build, an imposing prescence and should be giving defenders nightmares when balls are flighted in. He is still a little too 'pretty' at times for me, although that is changing (note the goal against Wolves...), and also sometimes suggests he is better than what he is. So humility will be key. ETH is the right man for that. But, it is all up to Rashford. Hope he has good people around him.

And he needs a rest. And... when his form drops off, I hope people don't start getting on him ok. He has been sensational this season, let's just support him, through all his efforts, because at least he has stepped up, and applied himself when the club, the manager, coaching staff, and fans asked him to take a good look at himself. He clearly has, and has responded wonderfully.

Herman Toothrot

More power, he looks a bit of a unit, and now he has that prescence about him, that he is a player to fear. Great to see the finish with the left foot.. he needs to build that into his game (because defenders will stop him cutting inside.... ) as well as scoring more with his head. He has a good build, an imposing prescence and should be giving defenders nightmares when balls are flighted in. He is still a little too 'pretty' at times for me, although that is changing (note the goal against Wolves...), and also sometimes suggests he is better than what he is. So humility will be key. ETH is the right man for that. But, it is all up to Rashford. Hope he has good people around him.

And he needs a rest. And... when his form drops off, I hope people don't start getting on him ok. He has been sensational this season, let's just support him, through all his efforts, because at least he has stepped up, and applied himself when the club, the manager, coaching staff, and fans asked him to take a good look at himself. He clearly has, and has responded wonderfully.
Must... burst.... Rashy's.... bubble.

Herman Toothrot

eh? Who' s doing that? I'm Rashford's greatest bleedin' advocate... he's playing superbly!!

Can we not not share obeservations now...?
Sorry, I was mocking the 80% and whichever idiot ever composed the infamous 'bubble' thread, not yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.