g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Marcus Rashford image 10

Marcus Rashford England flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Womp

idiot
This.

For all the goals he's scored, he's never been that "clinical" striker where he needs 1 chance.
Him and Bruno missing those 2 first half golden chances cost us a lot.
Do you mind letting us know who these clinical strikers who never miss any chances are? Would surely help us win some trophies.

Womp

idiot
He played shite though tbf, like everyone else on that pitch. Was a fecking horrendous performance against a very average Liverpool side.

ti vu

He played shite though tbf, like everyone else on that pitch. Was a fecking horrendous performance against a very average Liverpool side.
I don't agree. Liverpool clearly raised their game as expected. This performance is closer to the full potential of their players, which is not something to underestimate. Our lack of quality in some position, and ETH messed up tactic got exposed.

We're as a team was beaten after the first goal. After two early goals in the second half, the game was killed, and most of our players gave up and got embarrassed. Rashford was one of the more positive players before the first goal. Rashford is flawed as a CF. Nothing new.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
"Average liverpool side" who a year ago had 92 points, reached the CL final, league cup final (won), FA cup final (won). They've had a shit year this year. Often after a great year you have a down year. Motivation drops, some hangover from the previous season etc. But they are of course able to still pick themselves up and show up on one off games. United has developed loads, and are clearly the 3rd best team this season. But this Liverpool side has still shown a much higher potential level than us, looking at the past 5 years. They had nothing else to play for, and stepped it up today to show their best form.

They are very clearly a side who struggled in the first half of the season but is capable of going on a title winning caliber run and beating any team out there.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
He's been less involved in tracking back and build up play recently, almost exclusively looking for the final action play. Just play the game the right way and the goals will come. That miss from the Shaw cross was brutal.

PaulRich

Looks knackered. Betis and Southampton may be opportune moments for limited cameos if needed.

Red00012

Might have been different if he had taken that chance in the 1st half

rogi

To me it seems Rashy is being sulky after SAF called him not-quite-a-striker

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Do you mind letting us know who these clinical strikers who never miss any chances are? Would surely help us win some trophies.
I don't watch enough football now compared my youth to know.
At a guess, I'd say the most clinical right now are Mbappe, Haaland. Obviously unobtainable.

During yesteryears you could say RvN was the most clinical striker. Guy needed 1 chance to score, at most 2.

Its not a slight on Rashford, the defeat isn't on him, just his goal could have meant an entirely different match.

Gottabekiddingme

His transition to a "moments" player will be the end of him. He's completely out of games except for 2-3 plays where he's making runs behind. He doesn't create for others. Ten Hag doesn't mind for now because there's Weghorst "up front".

He better hope Kane arrives in the summer. If the likes of Vlahovic/Osimhen, who need service, come here, that'll be the end of him. A very exciting Garancho is destined for that left wing.

Real Name

His transition to a "moments" player will be the end of him. He's completely out of games except for 2-3 plays where he's making runs behind. He doesn't create for others. Ten Hag doesn't mind for now because there's Weghorst "up front".

He better hope Kane arrives in the summer. If the likes of Vlahovic/Osimhen, who need service, come here, that'll be the end of him. A very exciting Garancho is destined for that left wing.
Come of it.

flappyjay

Its something I have been afraid to say myself. His become sort of like Ronaldo which is fine as long as he keeps scoring. The moment he goes a few games without a goal he can become a liability to his teammates. He shouldn't pass only when all shooting avenues have been closed down.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Hes not a CF. Wish this experiment just stops.

Doracle

Hes not a CF. Wish this experiment just stops.
I disagree. He had 3 good chances created primarily through his movement, held the ball up relatively well and brought others into play. It’s frustrating he missed a couple of good chances but that happens to any CF. In a match where our midfield was fairly non-existent and our RW messed up countless crossing opportunities, it was a reasonable number 9 performance.

We should have taken him off earlier though - no sense wasting him at 4-0 down when he clearly needs to be protected with all the matches we have coming up.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

The problem with him is that when the players around him are shite he also falls off a cliff. With Antony being poor and Bruno and Wout playing on strange positions making them completely useless he was more or less on his own upfront. So it was easy for the Liverpool players to surround him and stop every bit of danger.

ti vu

I disagree. He had 3 good chances created primarily through his movement, held the ball up relatively well and brought others into play. It’s frustrating he missed a couple of good chances but that happens to any CF. In a match where our midfield was fairly non-existent and our RW messed up countless crossing opportunities, it was a reasonable number 9 performance.

We should have taken him off earlier though - no sense wasting him at 4-0 down when he clearly needs to be protected with all the matches we have coming up.
Agree. If the other option is playing Weghorst there in this game, Rashford did decently in first half with his skill set. The issue is the support, which ETH messed up with the Weghorst experiment. Our defense was under so much trouble, and the main two midfielders had too much on their plates. Casemiro didn't have good game, too.

We need change to hold out, after 1-0 at halftime time but we didn't and Liverpool killed the game quickly early in second half. Should have taken Rashford off at 4-0 and damage control. Throwing on another attacker (Garnacho) after 3-0 is asking for trouble. Many already lost their head, and they couldn't defend professionally, let alone support attack.

Dannn411

Time for Ten Hag to end the experiments. Put him back in his best position as a left wing forward and allow him to do damage from there. He is has been reduced to a runner when he is so much more than that. We need him to touch the ball as many times as possible.

Drizzle

For all the goals he's scored, he's never been that "clinical" striker where he needs 1 chance.
Him and Bruno missing those 2 first half golden chances cost us a lot.
You're a season out of date. This year he's been the definition of clinical. Scored 14 league goals from 10.4xg.

rebornsoull

Honestly he looks injured to me, felt like he is nursing something from the way he runs and he doesnt play well with injuries. Just hope its nothing serious...

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Why does Rashford every time he plays bad get the excuse of being injured?

rebornsoull

Not trying to find excuses for him, he just generally looks uncomfortable running and watching the game against Liverpool, he was chasing a loose ball and he lacked the usual explosive pace.

Doracle

He played reasonably well on Sunday though (given the rest of the team’s performance). Just missed a decent but not easy chance, which happens. I personally didn’t see any sign of him being injured but it is a concern how much a lot of our players are being asked to play. We just don’t have a strong enough squad for this fixture list.

I assume you agree that, as one of the world’s current best players, he’s fairly vital for the rest of our season?

jem

To me it seems Rashy is being sulky after SAF called him not-quite-a-striker
Oh for fecks sake! It's like some of our fanbase enjoy inventing fantasy scenarios. It beggars belief.

jem

Well given that he had a fitness scare recently, it's not really than surprising is it? Trust me, I've been as (reasonably) critical of Rashford as anyone around here, but it seems clear that he's not been at the races the last few games; given his electric form prior, it's not unreasonable to think something might be up.

Womp

idiot
Nice bit of casual racism from the Mail one more :rolleyes:

I've never understood the appeal of these articles. Genuinely speaking, who gives a shite if some celebrity went shopping?

Are we supposed to assume he has no hobbies/responsibilities outside of sport and be shocked to realise that isn't the case? Like these guys are put on ice and charging in sleep mode until it's gameday or something.

Ludens the Red

“We didn’t give up, that’s a nonsense”…

Well it wasn’t Marcus. You most definitely all did give up. Elite football players don’t tend to lose games 7-0 with six goals coming in the second half because “the organisation was bad”. Would rather all players honestly just shut the feck up after games like this. No apologies, no excuses, just don’t say anything because it’s all empty words. Take your heavy criticism and bashing on the chin and respond on the pitch. That’s it.

Last edited:

ZupZup

“No apologies, no excuses, just don’t say anything because it’s all empty words. Take your heavy criticism and bashing on the chin and respond on the pitch. That’s it.
He's literally speaking at a pre-match press conference as requested by the club. Do you expect him to just sit in silence and ignore the questions he gets asked?

RuudTom83

The glass half empty bunch are always going to be around to criticise every single thing connected to the club. :rolleyes:

The good thing I took from the presser was that he is fit to play on Thursday.

Ludens the Red

He's literally speaking at a pre-match press conference as requested by the club. Do you expect him to just sit in silence and ignore the questions he gets asked?
Good point :lol:
I saw the “we didn’t give up, it’s a nonsense” and kinda thought it was a reaction to pundits comments, which it probably was but in isolation to the rest of his comments.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's the best one we have.
That doesn't mean he's a CF.

I dont mind having him swap about as part of a fluid front 3 but I feel having both him and Weghorst play out of their natural positions can risk us looking a bit flat going forward.

I wouldnt mind him as CF and infer changing positionally with sancho and Antony however.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
That doesn't mean he's a CF.

I dont mind having him swap about as part of a fluid front 3 but I feel having both him and Weghorst play out of their natural positions can risk us looking a bit flat going forward.

I wouldnt mind him as CF and infer changing positionally with sancho and Antony however.
No it doesn't. Ideally he'd play on the left.

I'd rather have Garnacho/Sancho in team over Weghorst though. That's the issue.

Lee565

I don't think fans should be pointing the finger at rashford for Sunday's performance, he is the only attacker we have that has consistently performed well for us, he looked completely isolated on Sunday as we were feeding on few opportunities due to the lack of control and composure when in possession of the ball and was just finding the ball back at the feet of a Liverpool player in our half, it was a bit like the dark days of when ole was in charge against them

Status
Not open for further replies.