6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

united for life

he’s been fantastic all season especially after the world cup. Now what’s important is to tie him up with a long term contract. If he can carry this form, plus us adding proper players over the summer (hopefully a striker and midfielder at least) then we can be serious title contenders next year.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I’m sure ETH has been a big factor in Rashfords development and I think Rashford is a player who wants to be challenged and pushed. He made comments about how demanding ETH was and how he was unhappy under Ole because he wasn’t being challenged.

next_number_seven

So Rashford is on 26 goals for the season now. Will he get onto the all-time top 10 goal scoring seasons for United?

Here’s the current top 10 (all competitions):
  1. Denis Law - 46 (63/64)
  2. RVN - 44 (02/03)
  3. Ronaldo - 42 (07/08)
  4. Denis Law - 39 (64/65)
  5. RVN - 36 (01/02)
  6. Rooney - 34 (11/12)
  7. Rooney - 34 (09/10)
  8. Tommy Taylor - 34 (56/57)
  9. David Herd - 33 (65/66)
  10. William Whelan - 33 (56/57)
We have at least 14 matches to go (and barring a disaster in Seville, probably at least two more), and given ETH’s reluctance to rotate, there’s a decent chance that Rashford will start all of them, if available.

If he continues his post-WC form, I think he should at least match RVN’s 36 goal haul in 2001/02. Surpassing Rooney’s best ever seasons would be a hell of an achievement.
We might have 20 more games, so he should get 10 more.

crossy1686

career ending
Rashford has the ability to become the complete forward, like Neymar was supposed to become before he traded it in for Paris. If he can adapt his game over time and move into the middle as his pace starts to go he'll beat Rooney's goal record.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Really puts his season into perspective when those are the only 2 with more goals scored in all competitions in Europe :eek: :eek:
What really blows my mind is that he only really hit form half way through the season. Obviously all players have ups and downs over the course of a season but this felt different. The Ronaldo clusterfeck and Rashford’s issues last season made it feel as though we’re only seeing the real Rashford since the turn of the year. To be nearly as productive as those freaks over a whole season - when he’s only turned it on for the last 3 months - is astonishing.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Rashford has the ability to become the complete forward, like Neymar was supposed to become before he traded it in for Paris. If he can adapt his game over time and move into the middle as his pace starts to go he'll beat Rooney's goal record.
With all respect to Rashford, Neymar was supposed to become best in the world level. Like unanimous heir to Messi. He was scoring at the rate Rash does now with the creativity and assist levels of a De Bruyne type. More accurate would be to hope Rashford can do Salah/Mane numbers for 3-4 years like they were doing for Kloppy

OmarUnited4ever

He is been great this season and significantly improved, he is more calmer and clinical in front of the goal, he looks focused and determined and he also works hard for the team too, this is his best season in United shirt and he can even score 30-40 this year ..

All credits go to Rashford himself first and foremost and some of the credit goes to Ten Hag for using him the right way, but for me, it's always the player's responsibility to perform.

crossy1686

career ending
With all respect to Rashford, Neymar was supposed to become best in the world level. Like unanimous heir to Messi. He was scoring at the rate Rash does now with the creativity and assist levels of a De Bruyne type. More accurate would be to hope Rashford can do Salah/Mane numbers for 3-4 years like they were doing for Kloppy
I think he could get there, but it will take a lot of hard work and dedication with the right coaching and some luck. I don’t think Neymar’s numbers would have been as good in the PL as they were in Spain/France so I don’t think it’s un achievable for him, but he does need a big leap in progress from here to get there.

wangyu

Ridiculous diving, also in the first half he maybe could have passed it to the centre instead of trying to score himself. It are these little details that make all the difference in the end.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Bad display. Should have scored from Sancho’s pass. Didn’t really create much. Dived to get a pen.

Frank White

Probably should have had a goal but for his "dive" the stream I was watching showed the keeper clip his leg which in turn caused him to trip himself up, well that's what the commentator said anyway. Wish he'd knock off the little flicks he tries, when they come off they look nice but when he's already in the graveyard shift nothing worse seeing it fail.

Sylar

The one issue is he's our main threat for getting that opening goal so opposition know and can double team a lot of the time. He will still get chances but we are also relying on him to be 100% accurate. He's close but when he isn't then we get missed opportunities like today or vs Liverpool at 0-0.

Marwood

His overall game hasn't really changed all that much. It's still hit and miss.

When somebody is scoring goals we don't focus on everything else. When they don't score we notice the downsides.

Remember the geese

For me, he’s not inevitable yet. He doesn’t consistently put away great chances.
I assume he's been as productive as more or less any other left sided forward this season? Last season seems to be an anomaly. Rashford should be saying to himself, '20 league goals'. That should be his target every year from now on.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!

kaku06

His first touch is never a sure shot thing. Can kill a ball dead with his touch but is also iffy at times. His dribbling also suffers from that. It is what it is. Still love him. If he had that and better passing he would be mental.

Giggsyking

He is my favorite player in the squad, but two things I did not like today, not passing easy passes and the dive. I lnow there was a touch with the keeper but went down like a he was shot by a hitman.

Overall game has markedly dipped recently, though he's still been scoring.

Hard to criticise him though, given he's carried out attack all season with those around him possessing all the threat of a paper aeroplane.

Irwin99

Overall game has markedly dipped recently, though he's still been scoring.

Hard to criticise him though, given he's carried out attack all season with those around him possessing all the threat of a paper aeroplane.
It's crazy to me just how well he's done to carry our attack with Ronaldo checking out, Martial constantly injured, Weghorst being only a nuisance to the opposition, and neither Sancho or Antony claiming the RW spot.

Jeffthered

Super, super player who needs a rest for a couple of games. Wasn't too long ago people were questioning his whole game and commitment and he has been incredible since December.. just sensational. He has carried our attacking line. His game is still developing, also remember this..

And we have nobody else to help him (score goals). No one at all, and that's sad.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
His performances have dropped significantly since Weghorst arrival, contrary to the popular belief. He is different player when he plays with Martial, nobody cares about marking Weghorst when Marcus has the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.