6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacks

I think you can safely say he's up there, even if he's been outscored by a number nine in, arguably, the best side in the world.
He has played number 9 also and scored 10 goals from there. Previous top scorers in our league have also been wide forwards. City aren't even top of our league and have NEVER won the champions league yet every season we proclaim them the best in the world. Pep must indeed be a fraud

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He's had countless moments over the last few weeks to play in Anthony, Garnacho, Bruno etc and failed to deliver.
You’re talking about moments but I’m talking about mindset. Rashford is in the mindset of being a one man attack because that is literally the role he’s been tasked with since Weghorst was brought in. He’s conditioned not to look for his strike partner, often the only person ahead of him, because he is hardly ever in a good goal scoring position and it’s up to Rashford to engineer one. He’s scoring goals at such a rate that he thinks he can score from anywhere. If he didn’t have that mindset he wouldn’t be scoring the goal he did yesterday.

Same thing with Ronaldo when Tevez and Rooney went on a dry steak. He got a lot of flak for taking the selfish option and there were many times that it wasn’t the right choice in the moment. But it was a rational mindset to have. His strike partners were misfiring, he trusted himself to score from anywhere, and a lot of chances are about trusting your instincts.

I totally get the frustration with Rashford making the wrong decisions. It just seems weird to mention it in the context of Weghorst, when it’s obvious Weghorst contributed to that. Weghorst is constantly fluffing him up. Rashford rightfully takes that as vindication for being a little selfish.

Last edited:

Sylar

We need others to start chipping in. We are almost reliant on Rashford to be scoring nearly every chance he gets. For example, he didnt score a chance against Southampton, and we ended up drawing (albeit the sending off contributed)
But he seems to still be getting at least one good chance per game. And right now is very deadly (albeit somehow he scored the hardest non chance yesterday as opposed to the better placed ones :lol:)

I can only see him improving once we get a better playfor him to feed off with. We also need the likes of Sancho, Antony, and a few of our midfielders to chip in. Its a shame Brunos goals has dried up as that would be a huge bonus for us going into this last part of the season.

Herman Toothrot

He has played number 9 also and scored 10 goals from there. Previous top scorers in our league have also been wide forwards. City aren't even top of our league and have NEVER won the champions league yet every season we proclaim them the best in the world. Pep must indeed be a fraud
Yeah sorry. It was a totally silly point from me. You're right, City have never won a Champions League, Harlaand would probably score more at Forest or Villa. They are a terrible side, you couldn't possibly suggest they were one of the best in the world. And, of course, Rashford has, from time to time, played up front and should be compared to an ever-present number nine. Sorry.

Stacks

Yeah sorry. It was a totally silly point from me. You're right, City have never won a Champions League, Harlaand would probably score more at Forest or Villa. They are a terrible side, you couldn't possibly suggest they were one of the best in the world. And, of course, Rashford has, from time to time, played up front and should be compared to an ever-present number nine. Sorry.
Thank you for understand. Please do better in future

FujiVice

I like how he missed from a few yards and it angered him. Guarantee his head would have dropped before this season. We're seeing a major talent developing before our eyes.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Scores a goal per game since WW has came.

Performances have dropped. Hm.
Another stick to beat Weghorst.

WW joined 13th January and Rashford has scored 7 in 9 since then in the PL... Only 3 games he hasn't scored.

His performances have dropped a little because he's beginning to play for himself, he's greedy and always opts to shoot rather than try find someone else.
He was scoring before his arrival too, I am talking about his performances. He is greedy because he is not using his striker at all.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
You’re talking about moments but I’m talking about mindset. Rashford is in the mindset of being a one man attack because that is literally the role he’s been tasked with since Weghorst was brought in. He’s conditioned not to look for his strike partner, often the only person ahead of him, because he is hardly ever in a good goal scoring position and it’s up to Rashford to engineer one. He’s scoring goals at such a rate that he thinks he can score from anywhere. If he didn’t have that mindset he wouldn’t be scoring the goal he did yesterday.

Same thing with Ronaldo when Tevez and Rooney went on a dry steak. He got a lot of flak for taking the selfish option and there were many times that it wasn’t the right choice in the moment. But it was a rational mindset to have. His strike partners were misfiring, he trusted himself to score from anywhere, and a lot of chances are about trusting your instincts.

I totally get the frustration with Rashford making the wrong decisions. It just seems weird to mention it in the context of Weghorst, when it’s obvious Weghorst contributed to that. Weghorst is constantly fluffing him up. Rashford rightfully takes that as vindication for being a little selfish.
Maybe my memory is failing me but can you think of any examples of Rashford setting Weghorst up for a goal and Weghorst making a mess of the chance?

On a side note, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Rashford’s chance conversion rate isn’t much different to Weghorst since he joined. The big difference is that Rashford has the ability to create chances for himself. So can score a goal out of nothing. Weghorst is completely reliant on others to create for him. And he’s actually been relatively starved of chances.

lex talionis

Not his best performance by any stretch of the imagination, but Marcus ground through it all and delivered a match winner. Nicely done.

Doracle

So what do we make of ETH’s comments saying “he was not in the best shape when the season began”
I suspect he means mentally. He looked in fantastic physical shape but maybe a bit lacking in confidence until the goals started to flow.

Doracle

Love the interaction between him and Bruno on instagram about that missed chance.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Maybe my memory is failing me but can you think of any examples of Rashford setting Weghorst up for a goal and Weghorst making a mess of the chance?

On a side note, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Rashford’s chance conversion rate isn’t much different to Weghorst since he joined. The big difference is that Rashford has the ability to create chances for himself. So can score a goal out of nothing. Weghorst is completely reliant on others to create for him. And he’s actually been relatively starved of chances.
Definitely not many that come to mind. But there’s loads of times when Bruno, Rashford, Casemiro etc. look up and find Weghorst struggling to get away from his man and get in a position to be found, so they go another way. To me it seems like he’s starved of chances mostly through his own actions and deficiencies. And in that environment he’s taken the sensible choice of just being a wall for others to play off, and Rashford has taken the sensible choice of being a one man attack.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Definitely not many that come to mind. But there’s loads of times when Bruno, Rashford, Casemiro etc. look up and find Weghorst struggling to get away from his man and get in a position to be found, so they go another way. To me it seems like he’s starved of chances mostly through his own actions and deficiencies. And in that environment he’s taken the sensible choice of just being a wall for others to play off, and Rashford has taken the sensible choice of being a one man attack.
I just don’t think being a one man attack is ever the most sensible option. We’ve players other than Weghorst who can score goals. And look at the role Pellistri played when Weghorst did eventually score. No reason Rashford couldn’t do stuff like that more often.

Doracle

Can you think of any occasions where Rashford has done something similar to Antony or Sancho’s recent failures to pass? The problem isn’t Rashford failing to set up Wout. It’s that Wout isn’t capable of keeping up on a quick break or of getting into positions where our team can regularly pick him out. Put a fit Martial in the team and Rashford and our other forwards would have much more scope to pick someone out.

Frank White

Can you think of any occasions where Rashford has done something similar to Antony or Sancho’s recent failures to pass? The problem isn’t Rashford failing to set up Wout. It’s that Wout isn’t capable of keeping up on a quick break or of getting into positions where our team can regularly pick him out. Put a fit Martial in the team and Rashford and our other forwards would have much more scope to pick someone out.
He did do it quite recently can't remember the game but I think it was Garnacho was wide open for a cut back but he went alone. To his defence he did finish it so all is good.

Edit: Was against Leicester.

Doracle

He did do it quite recently can't remember the game but I think it was Garnacho was wide open for a cut back but he went alone. To his defence he did finish it so all is good.

Edit: Was against Leicester.
Yeah, the pass was a bit riskier there as there was a defender who might have got back. The difference was that he looked up and made the decision - I think he even talked about it after.

I like how he missed from a few yards and it angered him. Guarantee his head would have dropped before this season. We're seeing a major talent developing before our eyes.
Aye, that impressed me the most.

Seemed so pissed off he missed that one, I knew instantly he was gonna shoot when he got the ball that next time. Sign of a truly great player to have the mindset after missing of “I’m gonna rectify that, now”.

Man Utd 3:1 Fulham

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I'd take Pellistri instead of Rashford on right wing. Said it before, Pellistri arguably only has Antony in front of him on right wing spot.

-Supreme-

His all round game has been pretty poor, doesn’t offer much to the attack if he doesn’t score

Irwin99

When he has an off day our attack looks so blunt. Hope he doesn't get too many minutes for England and can get a rest.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Needs to get more involved. These last few games it feels like her just waiting to be set up.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Not a great game today but ETH would be clinging on for dear life for his job without him.

Martial needs to grow a bleeding pair after the international break and stop being such a pansy. Rashford can't carry us all by himself three times a week.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Not that impressed by his general play but probably because he's absolutely knackered. Think the entire team isnt playing greatly tbf, but won't read too much into it.

Hopefully we are refreshed after the international break.

Sylar

Hopefully Southgate does the southgate thing where he doesnt start him or play him or give him much minutes. Cos if he plays him that will be annoying.

December_16

Hopefully Southgate does the southgate thing where he doesnt start him or play him or give him much minutes. Cos if he plays him that will be annoying.
With that amount of eggs on his face for not playing Rashford much at the WC, it’s almost guaranteed that Southgate will play him every possible minute of the upcoming games - to make a point of some sort. If Rashford has fatigue and doesn’t perform as well as he should’ve, Southgate will have some vindication as well. Weird dynamic.

Sylar

With that amount if eggs on his face for not playing Rashford at the WC, it’s almost guaranteed that Southgate will play him every possible minute of the upcoming games - to make a point of some sort. If Rashford has fatigue and doesn’t perform as well as he should’ve, Southgate will have some vindication as well. Weird dynamic.
He needs to pick up a 'knock' ...

Doracle

I think he has to start but Southgate does tend to try and rotate, so hopefully he will feel the need to give Foden and Grealish plenty of minutes in rotation and Marcus only plays 60 minutes or so of each match.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Glad he’s withdrawn from England squad. Wish all our players would withdraw from internationals to be honest. Because of how well we’re doing in cup competitions we’re playing a lot more games. Same situation Liverpool had last year.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
Great to see Rashford withdrawing from England squad. He needs a rest and Southgate has always been a nob to him anyway

Irwin99

Hopefully it's just an excuse for a bit of a rest. Can't help but think that our season hinges on him and Casemiro being on top form and fit for the remainder of the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.