View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Aint gota Kalou

Type of game suits him and he did well at times. He looks a lot more positive than earlier this season but not exactly at his best.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
His intensity stinks. You look at every other player in his position and they outwork him every day of the week.

The amount of times he just doesn't expect any pressure and gets caught on the ball, is infuriating.

lost7

He was involved in both of our goals, but he just seems so braindead.I feel like he wastes so many potential chances just by dilly dallying or running out of the pitch.

Like he's so obsessed with replicating that goal against Brighton a couple of seasons back where he sat down half their defenders before shooting

PlasticHammer

Supports
West Ham
One of the worst footballers I've seen live. How is this guy a PL player? 350 bags a week is it? The sooner you lot sell him the sooner you'll improve.

HookedOnAPhelan

His intensity stinks. You look at every other player in his position and they outwork him every day of the week.

The amount of times he just doesn't expect any pressure and gets caught on the ball, is infuriating.
Yep, it's dreadful.

Superunknown

Took his goal very well. But, he is so limited. The more you are aware of his limitations, the worse he looks. He's much closer to average than he is to world class.

united for life

He puts his head down and runs at defenders hoping they disappear. It doesn’t that way. He’s done it several times this match. Really frustrating for hojlund for sure. Marcus needs to look up and find the striker sometimes. dribble is not always the right choice. He should’ve learnt this at 20

manutddjw

I can count at least 3 times that he he had the ball and a yard of pace and it ended up being a goal kick because he ran it out. Not to mention his crosses that went nowhere. A more competent attacker we win this by a couple

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
His "celebration"!

I'll keep yapping about him frankly.

KjaAnd

How come no manager has sat him down, looked him in the eyes and told him "Either, you start showing some intensity or you'll be benched"? Surely, it's as simple as that.

flameinthesun

I think technically Garnacho is a better player than him and I'd even say more mature and complete in his play. Rashford is a more mature finisher and with space a better dribbler, but in terms of control, dribbling in tight spaces, passing, tracking back and especially crossing I think Garnacho is just a better player. What highlighted it even more was Rashford coming of and Garnacho almost instantly on the left swinging in that sweet cross for the Mctominay header.

Pronewbie

Peep
Probably had his ego bruised big time when he got subbed off after that celebration. Thought it was the right decision to haul him off even if it were for Antony. Aside from Dalot's brain-fart I thought he cost us the game.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
How come no manager has sat him down, looked him in the eyes and told him "Either, you start showing some intensity or you'll be benched"? Surely, it's as simple as that.
He surely should get the point when he's the only attacker that ever gets subbed.

Pronewbie

Peep
I think technically Garnacho is a better player than him and I'd even say more mature and complete in his play. Rashford is a more mature finisher and with space a better dribbler, but in terms of control, dribbling in tight spaces, passing, tracking back and especially crossing I think Garnacho is just a better player. What highlighted it even more was Rashford coming of and Garnacho almost instantly on the left swinging in that sweet cross for the Mctominay header.
Purely on football terms - what I've seen from Greenwood at Getafe so far is miles above this rubbish.

lex talionis

Marcus went to the byline ona few occasions, which good to see, but otherwise was ineffective but for that one moment, a moment of brilliance.

Celebration showed how low IQ he is football wise. He genuinely thought the goal was shutting people up after a season of being completely shit, walking through matches, refusing to press, refusing to challenge for headers.

Even before and after the goal he spent the match running the ball out of play, running into defenders, making the wrong decision and strolling around out of possession.

The fact that he seemed surprised and angry about being taken off just highlights that he truly thinks a goal is all that matters, even if he spends the rest of the game actively handicapping his team in and out of possession.

MrBest

He is like when you hold R1 on fifa, ball goes flying ahead and the defender easily takes possession off you. Absolute rubbish this season, and consistent to how he has been for last few years expect a blue patch last season. Cannot wait for Amad to be fully fit or Antony to get over whatever is going on in his head.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Well, he isn't. Maybe because he keeps getting starts.
I don't think Ten Hag needs to make another "example" or enemy in the squad right now. It's the only way he can make the point as it stands.

KjaAnd

I don't think Ten Hag needs to make another "example" or enemy in the squad right now. It's the only way he can make the point as it stands.
What's the alternative? To keep starting players even if they can't - or won't - follow instructions and consistently play poorly? Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

-Supreme-

We won’t go anywhere with Rashford who is supposed to be our star player of the team where his pay is in line to the highest earners in the league.

always_hoping

Finally moved on for feeling sorry for that spoiled brat Sancho? At least he looked in the mood for at least one half today and perhaps something to build on.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
What's the alternative? To keep starting players even if they can't - or won't - follow instructions and consistently play poorly? Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.
I think it will eventually lead to him being dropped, but right now we have to careful. The alternative is Antony who gets hammered, so I don't envy Ten Hag, but I think he's doing the best of a shitty situation.

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
I think it'd be beneficial for all parties if he leaves this summer. His decision making is atrocious, he has no/little understanding of when he should stop the ball and slow things down and when he should challenge. Too often he'll slow things down, too often he'll run straight forward until he runs into a defender and loses the ball. Don't think the status he has at the club is a good thing for his mentality, seems to have a negative effect on his decision making where he has to be the one that scores

Red00012

Similar ball played in by Bruno today that Gordon scored . Rashford almost fell over the ball

Unam333

The pass for the sitter was on, but he chose himself over his team.
You mean when Rashford got the ball in acres of space and all he had to do was a simple lay off to, I believe it was, Garnacho for a glorious goalscoring chance?

I was shaking my head when he decided to go solo.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
I think it'd be beneficial for all parties if he leaves this summer. His decision making is atrocious, he has no/little understanding of when he should stop the ball and slow things down and when he should challenge. Too often he'll slow things down, too often he'll run straight forward until he runs into a defender and loses the ball. Don't think the status he has at the club is a good thing for his mentality, seems to have a negative effect on his decision making where he has to be the one that scores
The other thing to consider is that selling him would be great for FFP.

Irwin99

As i said after the Wigan game at least his numbers (goals and assists) are improving. His overall game is still annoying as hell but that's never going to change now at his age.

Judging by the feeling at OT and on here i doubt many people would be sad to see him leave the club if we could get a good fee. It would be a really brave decision both by the club and the player which is why it probably wont happen.

Roboc7

Could say the same for most of our players, we’ve allowed Mctominay to play without any intensity for years. Standards for effort and work rate at Utd just aren’t acceptable.

Rashford is the typical Utd player, flawed and erratic, has purple patches that gloss over it but outside of those patches a shell of what counterparts at other clubs offer.

van Nistelrooy

Did nothing right before or after the goal

Just not a very good footballer
Couldn't have put it better myself.

Just because Rashford has a lot of the ball and runs a few yards does not translate to 'playing well'. He got tackled or ran the ball out of play every time! FFS.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
He simply tries to run past people all the time, even when there's no chance it'll amount to anything. The one time he actually played off Højlund he scored a goal. Maybe try and get in those situations more often, Marcus?