View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

redIndianDevil

He is the only one other than Bruno who seem capable of creating something. But he still loses possession a lot, seems to run into traffic a lot more.

Sylar

Very frustrating performance from Rashford, but we don't win the game without him.

Was the central figure for every goal we scored. Excellent dribbling for two goals and a gorgeous pass to Bruno for the other.
Yep. One thing is certain, he's better on the left. Last season he did better when starting left then some games like city at home went up top when garnacho came on.

NZT-One

He is infuriating as hell. His decision making is as pants as it gets. He goes into a speed dribble within the box, again head down. This low percentage stuff rarely comes off but again, he will be talked about as a good dribbler. I don't get it with him - I don't think, he is being coached into the right direction.

united for life

Playing him upfront again would be a crime. Left wing is his position, he should not start anywhere else.

ScholesyTheWise

didn't start the season well, but which United player actually did?
He's going to miss playing with Shaw badly.

Teams are going to keep double and triple-teaming him because they know he's the only real attacking threat we have,
Seeing as we have no real strikers and RWs who can do much with the ball...

WTH will have to find new ways of hurting opponents.

Roux

Rather than battle and be smart, he'd rather lay on the ground crying for a foul or give away a silly foul. So frustrating as others have pointed out.

Howl

He is the only one other than Bruno who seem capable of creating something. But he still loses possession a lot, seems to run into traffic a lot more.
The problem is though, does his strengths outweigh his weaknesses. Would we be better off having someone who actually tries to press, doesn't run down an alley every 5 minutes but maybe doesn't get the assist? That's the big question about Rashford for me, and to a lesser extent Bruno. Only caveat is at least with Bruno you know he's going to give 100% every game.

saik

Peak Rashford performance that. Running down blind alleys, poor decision making at times but then comes up with 2 assists and played a big part in the 2nd goal.

I don't know what do we do with him. An infuriating player but he's also one of our best players. Shines in few moments but then goes missing.

redNATION

He's a very good player, problem is if your aim is to challenge City, Real, Bayern etc, then you need better than very good. Look at Liverpool, it took Salah and Mane, two supremely effective and consistent wingers, to win the league, Rashford isnt close to them in terms of consistent output. He comes in and out of games too often. It's the same for Bruno, and its why we won't challenge for major trophies - even our best players aren't good enough. It's also why we keep getting thrashed by our rivals when we meet them, you relax for a minute against the best you've lost.

Bwuk

He’s rubbish upfront. Much better off Lw.

Id rather stick McSauce upfront and keep Rashford LW if Required

redIndianDevil

The problem is though, does his strengths outweigh his weaknesses. Would we be better off having someone who actually tries to press, doesn't run down an alley every 5 minutes but maybe doesn't get the assist? That's the big question about Rashford for me, and to a lesser extent Bruno. Only caveat is at least with Bruno you know he's going to give 100% every game.
Yes in games we struggle everyone this the same thing. But at the moment we don’t have anyone else.

Oranges038

Not sure how you would describe that performance.

At times he looked lethargic, disinterested, poor movement, poor decision making. Especially that fecking shot near the end when he could have just played it out wide and kept the ball when the pressure was on. But then he still has a hand in all 3 goals.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
He was unplayable at times today, without Rashford we do not win that game. Simple as.

JeffFromHK

Created all 3 goals but he losses possessions too cheaply too many times doesn't he?

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
This is the big issue. He's arguably improved in doing what he could do at 19. But he still can't do anything else. He hasn't developed any other aspect of his game after all this time.

What he had at 19 combined with a player that was capable of becoming better off the ball, better passing, better defensively, better in terms of upper body strength- or whichever additional strings to their bows that young players add as they mature to make them more rounded contributiors to the team effort, would see him be a fairly formidable player now. But none of that has happened.

Hand on heart who can say Rashford has added a single one. I'm not sure it's appreciated how unusual that is for someome many claim to be a top player, to have not developed a single additional attribute from his debut season.
It’s why I said Ole was a terrible thing for this club. Most of the players stagnated during the period he was here and whatever world class potential they might have had, it was all gone by the time he got sacked because they were all stuck and developed a lazy attitude.

Red_toad

He is infuriating as hell. His decision making is as pants as it gets. He goes into a speed dribble within the box, again head down. This low percentage stuff rarely comes off but again, he will be talked about as a good dribbler. I don't get it with him - I don't think, he is being coached into the right direction.
Involved in all 3 goals, but can't make decisions?

stw2022

It’s why I said Ole was a terrible thing for this club. Most of the players stagnated during the period he was here and whatever world class potential they might have had, it was all gone by the time he got sacked because they were all stuck and developed a lazy attitude.
Certainly i think the club in general played a role in why Rashford's workrate is so poor now. At a time when a good manager would be keeping his feet on the ground and ensuring he worked hard, he was being treated as the successor to George Best and Eric Cantona rolled into one with the advantage of being a home-grown talent.

Involved in all 3 goals, but can't make decisions?
Are we classing being fouled a 'decision' now? I guess if it counts as an assist, why not?

It's possible for attacking players to contribute with goals and assists and not be dreadful in practically every other element of the game.

york_cole_99

Played a key role in our comeback but feck me he's so weak, whimpy and petulant.

This is exactly how I feel.

I actually don't think he enjoys playing football. Even when he scores a goal it is more of relief than ecstacy.

He also isn't a natural competitor. Does it burn him up inside when he loses a duel or a 50/50 ball.

Red_toad

Certainly i think the club in general played a role in why Rashford's workrate is so poor now. At a time when a good manager would be keeping his feet on the ground and ensuring he worked hard, he was being treated as the successor to George Best and Eric Cantona rolled into one with the advantage of being a home-grown talent.

Are we classing being fouled a 'decision' now? I guess if it counts as an assist, why not?

It's possible for attacking players to contribute with goals and assists and not be dreadful in practically every other element of the game.
Not sure where I said it was an assist, but without his movement with the ball into the box, we'd certainly not have gotten the penalty.
I hope he continues to infuriate sections of our fans whilst being involved in numerous goals in every game.

sleepehead

I think Rashford is doing fine right now, he's not really the guy you build around, but that's not all on him. We have no one outside of Bruno, who comes with his own problems, in attack that is in a similar or better level compared to Rashford. If you had a guy at the Haaland/Mbappe level, Rashford would be the perfect 2nd star, because he can carry you in some games and he can draw so much attention.

We're so bad in getting guys on that world class level, we have to use Rashford as our main source of attack.

Idxomer

We're gonna keep having this conversation forever. Some people are happy with the decisive contributions but others want us to play better football. The latter isn't possible when one of our best players start most game with the intensity of a 45-year-old in a charity game.

Maureen-yo

These moments are quite infuriating to watch tbh.

He was involved in all 3 goals. I find it so bizarre that rather than focus on the positive the majority in this thread come out with the negative. Antony tracked back today and pressed okay but not much else, he didn’t have any assists or goals but Rashford is singled out as the ‘problem’.
There were moments in yesterdays game where Rashford was back at left back winning the ball but they’re overlook in favour of showing a clip of him failing at something.
Such a weird mentality.

JeffFromHK

He was involved in all 3 goals. I find it so bizarre that rather than focus on the positive the majority in this thread come out with the negative. Antony tracked back today and pressed okay but not much else, he didn’t have any assists or goals but Rashford is singled out as the ‘problem’.
There were moments in yesterdays game where Rashford was back at left back winning the ball but they’re overlook in favour of showing a clip of him failing at something.
Such a weird mentality.
I am not sure what constitutes a "weird" mentality since it is a subjective concept but I am pretty sure that the snowflake "mentally weak" "be content with mediocrity" "mercenary" culture has plagued our team in the last few years and that is why we have fallen behind so much, and we have a fanbase (perhaps you included) that is too lenient and indulging, giving our players and the board a almost free pass.

Rashford just had a decent performance yesterday, you won't deny that his performance was not worldclass right? What is the problem of asking your key attacking player to improve? What is the use of "focusing on the positive"? You think that Rashford hasn't got enough praise and appreciation already in his life? Obviously it is the other way round.

Our players are spoiled, stop spoiling them if you want our team to progress.

Swiss_Red89

Such a weird mentality.
Thank you for this. Totally agree.
There is so much negativity from people in this thread for ages. Some of them always focus on the negativ rather then the positive.
Yesterday, we had an important win in a thrilling match where he contributed a lot, while being frustrating in some situations.
I for one would rather discuss the brilliant bit of acceleration for the very important 2:1 where he burnt two of forrests players from a standing point. And not the situations where he lost the ball.

But hey how..It was very similar with Nani. And now years later there are the "Nani was so underrated comments and threads".

stw2022

We're gonna keep having this conversation forever. Some people are happy with the decisive contributions but others want us to play better football. The latter isn't possible when one of our best players start most game with the intensity of a 45-year-old in a charity game.
Definitely in the latter camp. If we took everything positive he gave to the team away and put in someone who in terms of statistical output by way of goals and assists didn't contribute as much but meant the team weren't effectively playing with 9 outfield players for 80% of games in 80% of the season it would greatly benefit the cause.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He seemed a bit scared off it in the first half - was getting some rough treatment from the Forest defence (though nothing out of the ordinary I'd say) and often there would be 3/4 players just swarming him.

Still managed an assist in that half though, and then I thought he was a lot more positive in the second haf, and again had two huge contributions to the goals.

I think after the International Break will see full flow Marcus Rashford.

Frank White

Definitely in the latter camp. If we took everything positive he gave to the team away and put in someone who in terms of statistical output by way of goals and assists didn't contribute as much but meant the team weren't effectively playing with 9 outfield players for 80% of games in 80% of the season it would greatly benefit the cause.
Agreed. Two Antony's on either wing last year and we would have been fighting with City and Arsenal I'll go one further bring back Dan James and the champions league would have been United's.

-Supreme-

These moments are quite infuriating to watch tbh.

If he had held his back instead of his leg then I’m sure there would be endless posts saying he is still playing with his back problems. Actually he did exactly when he made no attempt at jumping to the ball and failed miserably against Spurs and people already suggested his back issues again

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Just typical Rashford really. He’s much better on the left. His general play and decision making is absolutely appalling. Without him we don’t get the breakthrough because he created with moments of magic.

Overall though, he’s probably one of the biggest obstacles we have with playing dominating, controlling football because he simply turns over the ball at an unsustainable rate. I still think our whole team would be more productive with someone better there.

Eddy_JukeZ

Just typical Rashford really. He’s much better on the left. His general play and decision making is absolutely appalling. Without him we don’t get the breakthrough because he created with moments of magic.

Overall though, he’s probably one of the biggest obstacles we have with playing dominating, controlling football because he simply turns over the ball at an unsustainable rate. I still think our whole team would be more productive with someone better there.
The only 2 players in the world clearly better than him from the left are Mbappe and Vinicius.

So good luck finding someone better there. He's 1 of only 2 players in our squad who are supremely productive too.

Doracle

The only 2 players in the world clearly better than him from the left are Mbappe and Vinicius.

So good luck finding someone better there. He's 1 of only 2 players in our squad who are supremely productive too.
It’s doubtful if Vinicius even is either presently. I’d love to see how he’d get on if we started moving him from LW to CF and back again because we had not got the proper quality in the squad, whilst expecting him to get 25-30GA.

lex talionis

Made a substantial contribution to the victory. What I like to see more from Rashford? Of course, but right now the patient — the squad — is not well and we must accept positive vital signs when we find them.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
It’s doubtful if Vinicius even is either presently. I’d love to see how he’d get on if we started moving him from LW to CF and back again because we had not got the proper quality in the squad, whilst expecting him to get 25-30GA.
Not it’s not ffs. Rashford isn’t even fit to lace Vinicius boots. It’s not all about output, just watch them both and it isn’t even close.