g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Marcus Rashford image 10

Marcus Rashford England flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

croadyman

Erik needs to bench him when on bad form because needs to find that fire. Definitely needs to make better decisions in the final third

Erics_Collar

He's untouchable. Anyone who thinks he can be dropped for poor performances is mad. Rashford is more than just a player for this club. I fully believe the higher ups see Rashy as a "front of house" for the club. Local academy lad who broke through to be one of the "best in the world". A symbol of everything good about Manchester United and what we stand for. To make him unhappy or to alienate him would be detrimental to the club.

He survived a much worse run of form under Solskjaer.

He'll never be benched. You need to accept that.

marc1_007

If it is so easy for those guys and Rashford is so terrible in comparison, why aren’t all of those players smoking him in terms of non-pen goals over the longer term? What’s your narrative for what happened last season and historically before that?
I don't rate players in terms of non-pen goals, the goals literally always saves Rashford from being criticised as having a bad game, didn't the majority of his goals come in a 2-3 month span or something like that, so I guess for the remaining six months he was diabolical.

Like Guadiola said, Rashford can't keep the ball, so I will prefer for our moves to continue and quality chances being created as opposed to the move dying majority of the time the ball gets to him.

I also see that once again he's in the starting line-up, I hope he has his best game of the season, but heres a challenge for you, count the number of times he dribbles aimlessly, how many times, he loses the ball, how many times he has an opportunity to pass to a team mate in a better position but makes the wrong decision.

We have a number 9 now, and he just finds it impossible to link up with him and thats a recipe for disaster but I guess ETH has made his bed so we'll see how it turns out

United Hobbit

Has that shiny new contract got "must always play no matter what" written into it or something?

I could understand if he was trying really hard but things weren't quite coming off for him, but he's so out of form, and so lazy, and so wasteful it's getting silly now

Thom Merrilin

He's untouchable. Anyone who thinks he can be dropped for poor performances is mad. Rashford is more than just a player for this club. I fully believe the higher ups see Rashy as a "front of house" for the club. Local academy lad who broke through to be one of the "best in the world". A symbol of everything good about Manchester United and what we stand for. To make him unhappy or to alienate him would be detrimental to the club.

He survived a much worse run of form under Solskjaer.

He'll never be benched. You need to accept that.
He was dropped last season for showing up late to a meeting iirc. If what you're saying is true, the higher ups have only made that decision recently.

EvRedMist

Come on Marcus lad. Tonight's the night to get going again. Stop trying to do it all yourself and pick a pass out.

morree

Starting to believe that he has something in his new contract that says he needs to play a certain amount of games as long as he is fit. Surely ETH can't be this daft?, the guy is playing shit at the moment.

Based Adnan

ETH is either praying Rashford plays himself into form, which imo sends out the wrong message to guys like Garnacho, or he's too scared to drop him.

Easy to drop him for being late to a meeting but dropping him because he's been in shit form is a whole different ball game and the player is unlikely to be as receptive to it.

FerociousCorgis

ETH is either praying Rashford plays himself into form, which imo sends out the wrong message to guys like Garnacho, or he's too scared to drop him.

Easy to drop him for being late to a meeting but dropping him because he's been in shit form is a whole different ball game and the player is unlikely to be as receptive to it.
shit based on how some people here are reacting to him dropping sancho i can't imagine the vitrol if he actually dropped rashford.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
He was crap. Him and Bruno’s performances this season just sum this team up right now. Both of them are complete liabilities these days.

E-mal

He should not start and when next his agent ask for a transfer, we should oblige him.

stw2022

Good assist but this guy's decision making is dreadful. He can't have won a game of rock, paper, scissors in his life

philippexyz

He made a Maguire-level meme of himself today with that one on one with a GK that he screwed. Humiliating and painful to watch as a Man United fan, amusing/comical for fans of all the other teams.

Devil81

I actually blame Bruno for his bad ball, he cast doubt in Rashfords mind and once you have that as a striker the chance goes.

Bruno should have trusted him instead of bombing on like a maniac. It was Rashford not AWB one on one.

Born2Lose

Usual brainless Rashford, got told off for not passing at the weekend so decided to do nothing but pass. A player on £300k a week should be making that pass to Bruno ten times out of ten.

When you're paying top level wages to players who don't deserve them you get found out in pressure games as United have for a long time now.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I think he passed then because of all the comments about how selfish he is, he's so bad when he lacks confidence. :(

OmarUnited4ever

Streaky Rashford.

It's close, the good form is coming soon, 2-3 more games of shit performances remains so let's keep the faith and wait

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I actually blame Bruno for his bad ball, he cast doubt in Rashfords mind and once you have that as a striker the chance goes.

Bruno should have trusted him instead of bombing on like a maniac. It was Rashford not AWB one on one.
:lol:

Slevs

likes to play with penises

I've heard it all now.

Kopral Jono

Finally someone said it. Bruno played like Playstation glitch tonight.

Red Rash

Should be dropped for a few games for Garnacho. Great assist but otherwise poor and we can't afford to carry players right now.

Devil81

Whats so funny, Rashford was clear on goal he cast doubt in what was the correct decision to make. The defender made the angle hard for the pass but once that thought is there the temptation to square the ball takes over.

UnitedRepublic

What did I just read are you serious ? So you don’t give someone support in those situations because it will cast doubt on the attacker and not help them by giving them 2 options wow…

STYLOISRED

This player will end ETHs tenure. He is not good enough and ETH is too weak to bench him. It's sad because he will outlast ETH, play well in the first season for another manager and then return to crap once he has sealed a spot in the starting 11

Devil81

What did I just read are you serious ? So you don’t give someone support in those situations because it will cast doubt on the attacker and not help them by giving them 2 options wow…
Yeah support if needed but he wasn't needed. He was well clear of any player so he should have trusted Rashford to finish.

I'm not defending the pass it was awful but I just think the bomb on was over the top and almost demanding a pass when he should of just let Rashford take the chance.