Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Tbf to the bloke he didn’t have any service at all
How’s he expected to get the ball when he’s not making runs to get open? His dribbling isn’t good enough for him to lose his defenders in tight spaces because his technique is basically knock the ball ahead and use his athleticism to get ahead.

Still doesn’t excuse his poor work rate either.

BarstoolProphet

Extremely worrying performance again. Shades of the two years prior to last season. We are desperate for him find his form from last year

Ace of Spades

Why did we stop him playing on the wing to accomodate Garnacho, Sancho played as a false 9 in pre-season and was good and the attack was much better balanced.

FromTheBench

Play him on the left wing please.

What was the point of Sancho striker experiment pre season?

If not him put anyone up there Martial Mctominay, hugill whoever till Hoijlund is fit.

Big Ray

Totally soulless footballer. Plays as if he’s made of glass and doesn’t want to get injured. Minimal effort every game.

sammyhol

Much like Casemiro… his poor start to the season is 100% on the manager.

he is being asked to do a job he simply can’t do.

if he isn’t on the left, he shouldn’t be in the team.

much like if Casemiro isn’t partnered with a proper 6 or 8… he shouldn’t be in the team

Sgreddevil

Can only work in counter attack tactics. Once the opponent team tried to contain and sit back, he is useless. He does not have the trickery to go past defenders or intelligence to make the correct pass. 9/10 times he will lose possession.

Dorris

I honestly think he’s the most overrated player in Premier League history. So dislikable, so lazy.

Ace of Spades

How’s he expected to get the ball when he’s not making runs to get open? His dribbling isn’t good enough for him to lose his defenders in tight spaces because his technique is basically knock the ball ahead and use his athleticism to get ahead.

He did make runs, which were rarely picked out. He was also one of the few in attack who tried recycling possession to build attacks instead of trying stupid things at the start.

The problem is that he is not strong enough to hold play when his back is to goal, and we need that to get players in the attack.

stw2022

Being played out of position making him completely brain dead as a footballer wears thin to be honest.

Red_toad

It’s not harsh, it’s the truth. Rooney combined talent and hard work. Rashford isn’t even as talented as Rooney and his work rate is fractions of it. Piss poor from an academy graduate, you’ll think they know what it means to play for the club, but someone’s above working hard, especially when he got his big deal signed up.
So you compare the work rate of a player against one of the hardest working forwards ever? I can only think of Tevez as working as hard as Rooney for United. Marcus played out of position and his team mates didn’t play to his strengths. Fans should expect more from him, but it’s always harder for a striker to look good when he’s not getting any service, especially someone who isn’t actually a striker.

SirScholes

Nah he makes stacks of runs off the ball, you just don’t see them when the camera is focused on the ball

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Terrible footballing IQ. I don't think presenting yourself for a lay off particularly requires to have been playing for years as a striker.
Rashford plays up there like he is either really dumb, or he doesn't give a shit

OldTrevil

It's like he's still on holiday and is being forced to play football in his precious relax time.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Strange to see the usual candidate isn’t in here quoting people who questioned Rashford’s form in a polite way last season??

Funny that..

Knee jerk works both ways…

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Won't be too harsh on him given he's being played out of position, a position that accentuates his weaknesses.

Expecting Rashford to play centrally with tight coverage on him every time he's got the ball is pointless. He doesn't maneuver well in tight windows and spaces nor is he good playing with his back to goal, holding off guys. His inconsistent touch will always make sure he gives the ball away more often than not when he receives the ball while a guy is on him let alone multiple guys as he'd often find himself in that situation playing centrally.

Put him back on the left and take advantage of his ability to attack the space, especially in transition, that's his strength. I'm confident Rashford would have made a lot more of the opportunities Garnacho found himself in today while in transition with plenty of space to attack. It's really pointless watching Rashford give the ball away because his initial touch while being pressure from all sides is loose and playing centrally there is not enough space to correct or recover the ball quickly. When pressed behind and surrounded his touch will always be inconsistent, we've known this already. No point forcing it. Play him wide.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
So you compare the work rate of a player against one of the hardest working forwards ever? I can only think of Tevez as working as hard as Rooney for United. Marcus played out of position and his team mates didn’t play to his strengths. Fans should expect more from him, but it’s always harder for a striker to look good when he’s not getting any service, especially someone who isn’t actually a striker.
It’s because Rooney was the last top striker that played for us. You don’t even need to compare him with Rooney for Rashford’s work rate to be criticised. His effort is atrocious no matter which position he plays.

Gandalf

Won't be too harsh on him given he's being played out of position, a position that accentuates his weaknesses.

Expecting Rashford to play centrally with tight coverage on him every time he's got the ball is pointless. He doesn't maneuver well in tight windows and spaces nor is he good playing with his back to goal, holding off guys. His inconsistent touch will always make sure he gives the ball away more often than not when he receives the ball while a guy is on him let alone multiple guys as he'd often find himself in that situation playing centrally.

Put him back on the left and take advantage of his ability to attack the space, especially in transition, that's his strength. I'm confident Rashford would have made a lot more of the opportunities Garnacho found himself in today while in transition with plenty of space to attack. It's really pointless watching Rashford give the ball away because his initial touch while being pressure from all sides is loose and playing centrally there is not enough space to correct or recover the ball quickly. When pressed behind and surrounded his touch will always be inconsistent, we've known this already. No point forcing it. Play him wide.
Came here to say this, thanks for saving me time.

ddg01

He’s been poor since the turn of the year. I couldn’t believe he was given such a lucrative contract. He had a purple patch last season but that’s all. If he were to leave he would do marginally better than his pal Lingard.

clarkydaz

Can only work in counter attack tactics. Once the opponent team tried to contain and sit back, he is useless. He does not have the trickery to go past defenders or intelligence to make the correct pass. 9/10 times he will lose possession.
lets be honest, thats the only time he looks a threat

always_hoping

Good last season, early days yet but could well be followed by a poor season which wouldn't be strange for a very inconsistent player.

Shiva87

Just didn’t look good today. I like him a lot so won’t get on his back but he needs to improve Pronto!

RedOrange

I've posted the same thing a few times. He's not a CF and he never will be. I do think that, in the absence of Hojlund and Martial, playing Rashford up top is probably the best of bad options. He really doesn't do himself any favours with his lack of effort, though.

It’s because Rooney was the last top striker that played for us. You don’t even need to compare him with Rooney for Rashford’s work rate to be criticised. His effort is atrocious no matter which position he plays.
It's particularly irritating watching him press the ball carrier. He does the curved run but slows down the closer he gets. It's like he's trying to demonstrate Zeno's Achilles paradox. He refuses to run at or near top speed unless he's chasing a ball behind the defence.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He looks so disinterested and plays like it too.

atkar83

Terrible footballing IQ. I don't think presenting yourself for a lay off particularly requires to have been playing for years as a striker.
Rashford plays up there like he is either really dumb, or he doesn't give a shit
Coming off of a new contract with more money. Why isn't he putting in effort no matter the position? It's not like you're playing for a contract anymore so where you play doesn't matter in a personal sense, you're making your money. So I don't see how he can be so unenthusiastic

KjaAnd

Shouldn’t be playing CF but still, how can he be so bad in almost everything he does? He looks lethargic, slow thinking, uninterested, weak.

C'est Moi Cantona

He loses the ball too much to be a top player, he's always done it, and it's on days like today he just looks terrible.

Needs putting back on the wing pronto.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Coming off of a new contract with more money. Why isn't he putting in effort no matter the position? It's not like you're playing for a contract anymore so where you play doesn't matter in a personal sense, you're making your money. So I don't see how he can be so unenthusiastic
I don't know the reason, I suspect something but I'm probably completely wrong.

Red_toad

In your opinion, so who cares really. Just another knee jerk poster going off after a loss. Maybe you could vent about the ref, as he was a major factor in the result.

Trex

A team that can't play through teams needs a target up front. Rashford is a runner and is best when running into that right half space. I don't blame him today.