View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Highfather_24

Rashford didnt use to be a lazy player. When he first came into the scene, he was very energetic and used to chase lost causes. Its why many fans preferred him over Martial at the time.

stw2022

Rashford didnt use to be a lazy player. When he first came into the scene, he was very energetic and used to chase lost causes. Its why many fans preferred him over Martial at the time.
His work ethic nosedived once the world and his wife started treating him like a superstar. This is why managers work really hard to keep young player's grounded and focused on football because this is what can happen. .

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

His effort levels are really disappointing. In the clips above there's a stark contrast between Rashford's intensity and his teammates'. He doesn't need to constantly bust a lung off the ball, like Rooney or Tevez, but the least he could do is show some intensity in his pressing. Especially since it is an integral facet of ETH's game plan.

I'm sure fans would be more appreciative of his efforts if he did that too. Most of the criticism seems to be centred around his work rate and attitude on the pitch.

I could be off here and I'm open to being corrected, but I could have sworn that Rashford had good work rate, when he burst onto the scene.
Hojlund will make a big difference. Rashford needs to up his effort levels as we’ve got a lot of players now who can press well and he can’t slack. He isn’t some Messi or Ronaldo figure here whose above it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
True. Not sure when it changed but over time he started to amble in attack. It’s like he’s a 35 year old great of the game who couldn’t be bothered with it. Not sure why managers indulge it.

AndySmith1990

True. Not sure when it changed but over time he started to amble in attack. It’s like he’s a 35 year old great of the game who couldn’t be bothered with it. Not sure why managers indulge it.
Not sure why so many United fans indulge it either. The bare minimum that should be expected from any player, regardless of talent is to always give 100% when out on the pitch

buckooo1978

Everybody and their dog knew this would happen.
We're 2 games in and he hasnt played in his best position

He's gotten himsrlf in good scoring positions in both games with the keeper making good saves

and you are writing him off already??

Highfather_24

He's gotten himsrlf in good scoring positions in both games with the keeper making good saves

Nobody is writing Rashford off. We all know what he's capable of. We also all know that he blows hot and cold, and last time he got a major contract his form also took a major nosedive for a significant time. Rashford had many good games as CF last season, but yes LW is his best position.

Slevs

likes to play with penises

To stay on the same tone, we're 2 games in and he hasn't put the effort in compared to everyone else on the team.

That doesn't mean he didn't get into scoring positions, but its obvious the effort to do it all game isn't there.
Years ago, it was his back injury that never seemed to end, what's the excuse going to be this season if/when this keeps up?

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
time to pull his fecking socks up and stop ambling in slow motion on the pitch when its not going our way.

Right he's out of position but he's still on the field so he owes it to the team to work his fecking arse off - which he doesnt do

OldTrevil

This playing out of position excuse is another grating aspect of Rashford's traits in my view. Being played out of position should not excuse playing with the urgency of a legendary forward in his late thirties with nothing left to prove, while in actuality you're a player in your physical prime that can barely trap a fast ball under pressure more than half the time.

Obligatory Nigel

I get some bad entitlement vibes off Rashford. He makes it pretty obvious when he's not happy and he can appear to down tools. Thankfully I think we have a manager who has proven very adept at handling ego and who won't tolerate sulking on a football pitch or any other behaviours that impact negatively on the team. I hope Rashford stays focused and buys into whatever he's asked to do whether he likes it or not. He's had a lot of smoke blown up his arse on and off the pitch. He needs to remember it's not all about him.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Started around the RB game where he came off the bench and scored a few goals as a sub. Everybody started hailing him as some sort of world class player who could make a difference even within limited playing time and his effort just dropped from then on.

stw2022

This playing out of position excuse is another grating aspect of Rashford's traits in my view. Being played out of position should not excuse playing with the urgency of a legendary forward in his late thirties with nothing left to prove, while in actuality you're a player in your physical prime that can barely trap a fast ball under pressure more than half the time.
Like some mercurial diva flouncing off and refusing to press or aerially challenge or put in a shift because he's so offended someone dare ask him to pay 15 yeards further inside.

Even that by itself wouldn't be as galling if a tremendously large part of his reputation and public image as a sports personality, and indeed his pitch to fans, wasn't anchored in the idea that he's some kind of down to earth, hard working, life-long red who just wants to keep his head down, feed kids and give his all for Manchester United.

I can't think of another example of how the public image of a footballer differs so dramatically from the reality.

stw2022

Is it possible he's playing through the middle until Hojlund is fit because the manager recognises that his workrate and attitutde towards his defensive responsibilities are so God awful, that he represents less of a risk though the middle rather than potentially leaving our fullbacks exposed and vulnerable?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Is it possible he's playing through the middle until Hojlund is fit because the manager recognises that his workrate and attitutde towards his defensive responsibilities are so God awful, that he represents less of a risk though the middle rather than potentially leaving our fullbacks exposed and vulnerable?
No.

Swiss_Red89

His workrate when we don't have the ball, has been, let's say inconsistent, for years.
Nothing to do with new contract or not. (the argument is stupid anyway, as after his first big contract in summer 2019 he has had one the best six month periods until he broke his back in January 2020. He was unplayable at times back then).

I often assumed it's instructed that he doesn't have to chase the oposition like crazy in order to safe energy to attack. When we do have the ball, he is the pure oposite, does endless runs and never stops trying, to be fair to him. Question is, if this is enough or does he needs to up his workrate also defensively.

ETH's Comments this week suggest to me, that he was not happy either with Rashfords defensive performance. If Rashford really ignoring instructions, he should give him the hair dryer asap and drop him.

But I'm optimistic that Marcus' reacts the correct way today and has a good performance in a good win. And we all can calm down a bit until next weekend.

KD6-3.7

I don’t think I’ll ever be a fan of him, even when he is on form he struts around like someone who’s above pressing and being a team player. I‘d be more than happy to see him being dropped today after such a lazy display against Spurs.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
C’mon Rash. Finally has a partner to be the fulcrum, so can do his own thing and focus on attacking in behind. We can get a lead and then move him central second half once we are already on top with Garnacho and Sancho to come on.

Man Utd 3:2 Nottingham Forest

Woodenlung

Very frustrating performance from Rashford, but we don't win the game without him.

Was the central figure for every goal we scored. Excellent dribbling for two goals and a gorgeous pass to Bruno for the other.

Swiss_Red89

Created all three goals.
But more importanly, his workrate was much much better today. Seems he understood ETH's message.

Still not in topform though.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Very frustrating performance from Rashford, but we don't win the game without him.

Was the central figure for every goal we scored. Excellent dribbling for two goals and a gorgeous pass to Bruno for the other.
Was just about to post the same thing.

Hammondo

We need better wide players, simply none of ours are good enough and we get stuck doing 1 dimensional attacks with little buildup or creativity.

He used his speed well to cause problems a handful of times, but there is not much else, and against a faster fullback those chances do not happen.

He can clearly play better but hes far off the pace. We have had a relatively easy first 3 games, and its kinda lucky we have.

edgecutter

He looked poor at times today and then he was involved in all of the goals today. Shouldn't be used as a striker anymore.

Idxomer

Created all three goals.
But more importanly, his workrate was much much better today. Seems he understood ETH's message.

He looked switched on in the 2nd half but his workrate was shocking in the first half.

stw2022

Dare I say i poor display that because of the assist will be claimed in the weeks to come as a brilliant performance?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He’s still getting fit. Once this all clicks around him he’ll be scoring a lot again. He looks a different player under ETH. Lovely to see him back on the edge our box getting stuck in and getting up and down in the second half. We’ve had a terrible preseason prep. Another 5 games and he’ll be motoring. Casemiro is another who looks to just be finding his yard of fitness again now too. I can’t wait to see Rashford and Bruno and Antony with Rasmus pulling defenders around and bulling towards the front post for tap ins. It’ll be beautiful chaos

Womp

idiot
He won a penalty and created two brilliant assists, he had some bad touches at times and had moments were he had lapses in concentration, but so did the whole team. He's a special player.

CG1010

Dare I say i poor display that because of the assist will be claimed in the weeks to come as a brilliant performance?
Two assists. I thought he combined well with martial. It's very difficult for him in a crowded area once we were two goal down but he still managed to produce. This place has crazy expectations from players.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
You have player who make a difference, like Rashford, then it's up to others to make up for his shortcoming.

Idxomer

He won a penalty and created two brilliant assists, he had some bad touches at times and had moments were he had lapses in concentration, but so did the whole team. He's a special player.
Outmuscled twice for the first goal and basically every counterattack in the first half came after he had lost the ball.

RedOrange

Created all three goals.

His workrate is still pretty bad off the ball. The first goal happened because he wasn't working hard enough for the second ball. Here's a screenshot right before the header. There's no way Awoniyi should have gotten that ball and ran past him so easily.

He had a very good match after that, though. He wouldn't even have to sprint and battle for the ball that much more given his goal contributions, but if he's the last man back after a corner it's non-negotiable.

stw2022

For me with these types of players it's looking at whether over the course of a season the usual output of contributing very little but popping up with an assist or a key pass every 3 or 4 games is worthwhile or whether trying our luck with the stats output of someone who would offer more week in week out in terms of overall contribution to the cause and on the pitch might be preferable.

Womp

idiot
Outmuscled twice for the first goal and basically every counterattack in the first half came after he had lost the ball.
He also single handedly won the game for us with his offensive contributions, as you know, an offensive forward.

Big Ray

Such a bizarre but typical rashford performance. Great contributions for the goals but utterly feeble and heartless for the rest of the match; played like he’s made of glass. He is great in moments but not the man for a possession based team.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
The ground conditions were bad. I would cut him some slack. Still made all 3 goals.