4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Acole9

Outstanding
He plays like some of the lads on my old six a side team used to. Always wants to score and even if there's a better option elsewhere he won't pass.

Gordon S

Shooting straight into 4 Burnley players when Casemiro made a great run to make himself available for a pass is going to feck up my sleep. Casemiro was left all alone, 7m from goal, all players focused on Rashford and he takes the shoot.

Banana Republic

……that moment in the first half was terrible. The Burnley right back receives the ball and Rashford sprints after him to catch up from the middle of the pitch. The moment Rashford reached his own box he just slammed the breaks (i thought he picked up an injury because he just stopped running that abrupt) and the Burnley right back kept running and had a good cross which forced Onana to make a decent save.
It started before that.
The Burnley player that he ran after, only started his run because Rashford, who was originally alongside him, drifted off, ball watching and left him unmarked.
That freed up that player to step up and receive a pass from the CB, then start his run forward, unchallenged.
Rashford realised too late and gave chase and the rest is as you say.

Giving up the chase was bad enough, but that Burnley attacking run only began because Rashford was asleep and failed to do his defensive duties up the pitch.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I thought he was shit again and feel like this is he 3rd or 4th game hes been poor.

redIndianDevil

He simply has no sense of awareness of his surroundings when he has the ball. His head is down and in the end makes the worst decision possible. Even his passing is absolute garbage always overhits it or underhits it.

Andersons Dietician

Same old issues with him. Shoots when he should pass, passes when he should shoot and it’s not like they are occasions when it’s like a 50/50 decision as to what he should do. It’s pretty obvious what he should do but he does the opposite.
He really just needs to sort this out as it’s holding him back and it’s holding us back.

Banana Republic

Anyone notice how time after time, Rashford did not make use of overlapping moves or runs from his team mates?
In the first half it was Hannibal running out to the LW, or Reguilon overlapping.
In the 2nd, Dalot and McT made a couple of overlaps on the right, but as in the 1st half, on every occasion Rashford delayed on the ball, or decided to take on the world and just ignored them.
Flowing moves were repeatedly stalling when he couldn’t make the right decision.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I do usual defend him but that moment in the first half was terrible. The Burnley right back receives the ball and Rashford sprints after him to catch up from the middle of the pitch. The moment Rashford reached his own box he just slammed the breaks (i thought he picked up an injury because he just stopped running that abrupt) and the Burnley right back kept running and had a good cross which forced Onana to make a decent save.

Not a good game. Again...
I think Evans immediately turned to him and had a word. Which reminds me of my favourite Fergie video. The one of him bollocking Evans at San Siro. :lol:

Doracle

I do usual defend him but that moment in the first half was terrible. The Burnley right back receives the ball and Rashford sprints after him to catch up from the middle of the pitch. The moment Rashford reached his own box he just slammed the breaks (i thought he picked up an injury because he just stopped running that abrupt) and the Burnley right back kept running and had a good cross which forced Onana to make a decent save.

Not a good game. Again...
Re-watch it. Reguilon moves to cover the runner and signals to Rashford to move to the ball. Rashford understandably gets confused and Reguilon then does not go with the runner or close the ball down. That incident was entirely on Reguilon but understandable when he hasn’t played much recently.

As for Rashford, decent first half and then ETH bizarrely decided to move him to the right wing and he and Bruno were fairly non-existent as an attacking threat after that.

Still today was all about the win, so job done.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He’s turned into a lazy, petulant little toe rag. He needs dropping from the team. A spell on the sidelines will hopefully refocus him.

tomaldinho1

He did it an awful lot in the Solskjaer/Rangnick season.
I remember he did it a bit but I always thought it have been something to do with his surgery and it affecting his running style. This season I feel it’s happening more than ever and he certainly looks slower to me as a fan.

Oranges038

Anyone notice how time after time, Rashford did not make use of overlapping moves or runs from his team mates?
In the first half it was Hannibal running out to the LW, or Reguilon overlapping.
In the 2nd, Dalot and McT made a couple of overlaps on the right, but as in the 1st half, on every occasion Rashford delayed on the ball, or decided to take on the world and just ignored them.
Flowing moves were repeatedly stalling when he couldn’t make the right decision.
He's not a very clever footballer with poor to middling vision and awareness, that means his decision making is usually fecking awful. Which leads to him taking on stupid shots and playing the wrong final pass time and time again.

There was one in situation first half where Hannibal had the ball in the middle and was driving forward, but instead of making a run forward towards the left where there was loads of space, he just kind of strolled a bit then stood and watched the play go on. It's almost like he only wants the ball where he can try and dribble past people or something. It's hard to explain, but you'd love to sit down and watch those moments with him and ask him, what's going through your mind here? What are you going to do to affect the play?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
He has elite attributes but not where it matters most unfortunately. Would sell in a heartbeat and I believe most DoF’s would as well.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Re-watch it. Reguilon moves to cover the runner and signals to Rashford to move to the ball. Rashford understandably gets confused and Reguilon then does not go with the runner or close the ball down. That incident was entirely on Reguilon but understandable when he hasn’t played much recently.

As for Rashford, decent first half and then ETH bizarrely decided to move him to the right wing and he and Bruno were fairly non-existent as an attacking threat after that.

Still today was all about the win, so job done.
I think that decision with ETH had something to do with Reguilon taking a card and having Bruno on that side would protect him better.

Might be wrong but felt that way watching it.

acid_fuji

Should be dropped. We would see him immediately playing better afterwards.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Don't know what's up with him but it looks like he's slumped back into that funk again that plagued him a couple of seasons ago, when he was shite and just before his point to the head season. The smiling and positivity seems to have disappeared.

I'm sure it will all come out again but he needs to fix up, especially now that he's trousering all that dough every week.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’m generally wary or not a fan of players who need to score/assist to ‘play well’. I do have more time for it with forward players though, as you can’t really argue if they are highly productive, however, when Rashford isn’t scoring regularly his terrible decision making becomes more exposed.

I’d have him in my team every day though as he’s our only player who can really stretch defenders, all of our other wingers can barely go past anyone, especially off the ball.

NotQuiteManc

He needed to be rested/dropped from time to time, but EtH probably will do that once Garnacho, Pellistri, Martial or Mount getting fit and going again.

KD6-3.7

Only watched the highlights of the game and the first two moments featured him. First one was Rashford selfishly and stupidly going for goal at an angle where putting it across goal, cutting it back or forcing a corner would’ve sufficed and the second was the lazy Rashford we all know who just stops tracking his runner which almost lead to a Burnley goal. He didn’t feature the for the rest of the 24 minute highlight reel, sick of his attitude and body language and it looked like another game where he does absolutely nothing but still won’t get dropped.

Last edited:

Shark

@NotShark
Simply woeful. He's far too inconsistent to be considered among the best wingers in the league, never mind the world.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Don't think we will replace him immediately but definitely we would consider it in couple of years. His decision making is terrible and we really can't carry him all the time. For a team aspiring for top 5, he is probably a good fit.

Redivy

For a player with limited technical ability he needs to be that guy who runs his heart out, and becomes a leader on the pitch type of player. Someone who knows their role and can pick their moments.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
3 games in a row he fecks up at least 2 99% goals.

Morpheus 7

Marcus body language is awful, he seems frustrated. Everything looks a chore for him at the moment, doing what he has too. This monster contract is no coincidence, I'm sick of this cycle. Just wish players would do the minimum. Track there man, fight for every ball. Then the talent shows, Marcus relying on moments or waiting for them. We need a fluid front line that work for each other/compliment skillset.

He's such a talented player when focused, devastating. It's very easy to see early on which Marcus you are going to get, the fit one ready to run in behind. Or the one who is not happy with the supply, arms in the air. I hope it changes because it's effecting the flow. I don't want to rely on moments. I want a system executed from training out wide.

3KDré

He looks jaded. It’s not by coincidence that we’ve got so many injuries - we played too many games and overplayed too many players. It’s not by coincidence that him, Casemiro and Bruno look jaded too - they played the most games in the team too.

ArmaDino

He reminds me of Inzaghi, except on the wings. When he is free scoring form he is an absolute mennance, but outside of it he is useless and doesn't even offer anything else.

The problem is that unlike Inzaghi, he doesn't play in a 4-4-2 in the 90's, he plays on the wings.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
To think people on here were crowning him as a United legend after last season's heroics and claiming he'd fetch us over 100mil if sold.

The problem with Rashford isn't so much his ability, it is his mentality. I wouldn't put him in the same class as Martial who seems completely switched off at the best of times or injured, but Rashford seems a bit mentally fragile when not the front and centre of goal scoring.

Oscar Bonavena

Honestly, I'm sick of him.

Great ambassador for the club blah blah blah......f**k that, put a shift in!

There must be a clause in his contract stipulating that he can't get taken off. Not even joking.

OT1214

I think he should focus on training his mind to do the exact opposite of what he thinks he should do when he is in the opposition box.