4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Bwuk

I can’t be arsed with him anymore.

When he’s brilliant, he’s brilliant. But it’s just not often enough for us to rely on him. His work rate is laughable.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

You are probably the only poster that are defending both Rashford and Bruno. At least others are able to see the flaws in one or the other. I guess the majority on here are wrong and you're right. This has gone so far you're willing to defend them despite their consistent shit performances - game after game. Your dedication is almost admirable, but I guess you are satisfied where we were as a team.
I can acknowledge the flaws in their game but I also am aware that selling them isn't the answer. This season has been a disappointing start for every player including them. But a few weeks ago if you'd had asked United fans if we should sell either Rashford or Bruno, the vast majority of them would've said no. I'm sure some fans have changed their mind since then, but I still don't think I'm in the minority. What we're seeing here is poor form from both players, and I'm confident they'll turn it around.

Oranges038

I can’t be arsed with him anymore.

When he’s brilliant, he’s brilliant. But it’s just not often enough for us to rely on him. His work rate is laughable.
When he produces a goal or an assist it usually glosses over what is an otherwise a pretty underwhelming performance.

When he doesn't get a goal or an assist, it makes his performances stand out even more for being generally poor.

Jeffthered

So we agree he's our best attacker. Good.

He is absolutely good enough. If we had two other attackers of his quality we'd be near the top of the league. The issue is we rely on him so people like you jump on all his flaws, scrutinise where he's looking when he has the ball, and demand he's dropped or sold. Bizarre behaviour.

By the way, of course he's not immune from criticism, nor is he world class. But he's very good. Let's look at the much more important issues like striker and RW.
This. Rashford carried out attack last season. Now many slaughter him.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I like Rashford. But you can’t really defend his performance today.
That's not the issue though,

The issue is we have fans calling Rashford crap, calling for him to be dropped from the team, calling him over rated etc.
He's our most potent striker, even this season, we drop Rashford who the feck do we put in instead!?

People on this forum have a habit of being extreme in their views, too emotional, too extreme and way too over the top, it's embarrassing.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

The issue is we have fans calling Rashford crap, calling for him to be dropped from the team, calling him over rated etc.
He's our most potent striker, even this season, we drop Rashford who the feck do we put in instead!?

People on this forum have a habit of being extreme in their views, too emotional, too extreme and way too over the top, it's embarrassing.
There is a reasonable question over him starting ahead of Garnacho today given the past 2/3 weeks of performances. Especially when he is not playing as a team player

RedDevilQuebecois

There is a reasonable question over him starting ahead of Garnacho today given the past 2/3 weeks of performances. Especially when he is not playing as a team player
That is the reason why many among us wanted Rashford subbed off earlier in the second half. Heck, a few of us (like me) were even perfectly fine with the idea of making the substitution at halftime.

RedStarUnited

People would have said the same after the start of last season. Small sample sizes can be very misleading. Never sane to draw sweeping conclusions about a player’s long-term output when he’s on a run of bad form/negative variance.

I remember that Ronaldo only got two by the end of September when he hit 42 in a season for us.
Be honest, do you see Rashford going through a similar metamorphosis? Rashford turns 26 this season too by the way.

zapp

He turns the ball over unnecessarily so many times that he leaves me pulling my hair out.

We lost that game because both Rashford and Bruno showed little to no composure in the final third. If we had players in the final third who looked to retain and recycle possession, we would've won that game imo. Our moves were constantly breaking down prematurely.
So why is Ten Hag picking them or at least not subbing them off? The loss is on him also for not making the necessary adjustments

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
I can acknowledge the flaws in their game but I also am aware that selling them isn't the answer. This season has been a disappointing start for every player including them. But a few weeks ago if you'd had asked United fans if we should sell either Rashford or Bruno, the vast majority of them would've said no. I'm sure some fans have changed their mind since then, but I still don't think I'm in the minority. What we're seeing here is poor form from both players, and I'm confident they'll turn it around.
Asking the vast majority is usually a bad idea, especially if it only takes a few weeks to change someones mind. In terms of poor form for Rashford, last season can be divided into segments of before and after the world cup. 19 matches played before the world cup, 4 league goals in 14 matches. The 19 matches after the WC, 17 goals, 10 league goals in 10 matches. The remaining 18 matches of the season it’s 5 goals in total, 3 goals in 11 PL matches. We’re hardly talking an even spread of goals throughout the season.

Essentially, including so far this season, he has 4 goals in the past 18 league matches, 2 assists. Considering his role in the team, where he is pretty much excluded from defensive contributions to be our main outlet up front, it’s a bit of a concern. Obviously we should have other players consistently chipping in, but yeah

marc1_007

I just want to see us have a run of 5-10 games without him in the starting line-up,and let's actually see how we perform without him, and if we're still terrible then the team needs to be broken up and rebuilt, but I refuse to buy the rubbish that if he were not on the team, we would not have any goals in us, just look at tottenham now without Kane or what we became after we sold Van Nistelrooy. When you lose a prolific players , others will step up. Haven't we scored the same number of goals or more without Rashford in the team as when he starts?

I can even accept Bruno on the team because he works his socks off without the ball but I have always believed that a team that carries more that one player on the team that is careless in possesion harms the team a lot more than benefits them and if it is a straight choice between Rashford and Bruno, I'll select Bruno to start.

El Jefe

77 in 245 - Premier League
12 in 30 - Champions League
3 in 11 - World Cup
0 in 7 - Euros

These are his goal numbers and appearances in what you would call the bigger competitions.

The status he’s built as a star is on the desperation of this fan base to have a homegrown star and him piggybacking off of that to create some immense PR for himself.

Not a bad player by any means but he’s just not that guy. He’s a supporting act starring in a main role. The issue is we’ve blown so much smoke up his arse and have now created a player who has the ego of a world class player.

DownRiver

Let us be honest here, even last year we knew that his run of form was coming to an end some way or another. The year before he was awful, we wanted him sold.

He carried us last year, and Ten hag would have been sacked if it wasn’t for Ten Hag. Players have dips in form, and the team is so reliant on him - which tbh is not fair on him.

Big Andy

Bloke
This. Rashford carried out attack last season. Now many slaughter him.
colour me surprised that his form tailed off after he earned his new contract worth £90m over the next 4 seasons. Happens to us all to regularly, a player will be immense to earn a new deal and then turn shite

Jeffthered

Can we stop peddling this nonsense? 3 good months doesn't equate to a season!
Marcus Rashford didn't have a good season last year (season)? Are you seriously suggesting this?

Guy hit 30 goals.

And I'm 'peddling nonsense'

Some of the rhetoric on here is unreal

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Marcus Rashford didn't have a good season last year (season)? Are you seriously suggesting this?

Guy hit 30 goals.

Coincidentally it was you to whom i responded because you said the same thing in another thread. You have been peddling nonsense there and are doing the same here.

3 good months doesnt equate to a whole season. Dont know why that is so hard to understand.
He had really good 3 months and then the whole team stopped performing after the cup win, including him.

He had 3 premiere league goals, 2 assists after our win against Leicester on 19th Feb. 3 goals 2 assists in 3 months.

"Christ".

RedDevilQuebecois

Guy hit 30 goals.

Did you even read the following post?

Asking the vast majority is usually a bad idea, especially if it only takes a few weeks to change someones mind. In terms of poor form for Rashford, last season can be divided into segments of before and after the world cup. 19 matches played before the world cup, 4 league goals in 14 matches. The 19 matches after the WC, 17 goals, 10 league goals in 10 matches. The remaining 18 matches of the season it’s 5 goals in total, 3 goals in 11 PL matches. We’re hardly talking an even spread of goals throughout the season.

Essentially, including so far this season, he has 4 goals in the past 18 league matches, 2 assists. Considering his role in the team, where he is pretty much excluded from defensive contributions to be our main outlet up front, it’s a bit of a concern. Obviously we should have other players consistently chipping in, but yeah
So, YES, you are peddling nonsense. His consistency sucks.

the_cliff

There's a saying that goes you're only as good as your last game.

With Rashford it's 'you're only as good as your last 10 games'.

lsd

The Oracle

Ok yes however what other top six team would keep playing him week in week out with his decision making and refusal to pass when players are better placed?

We saw at Liverpool when Mane and Salah were having issues Klopp had no problem letting Mane go.

Pep certainly wouldn't put up with it we see him yelling at players who scored twice in a game for not passing on another occasion

Rashford has been indulged far too long and enough is enough now surely.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I really dont know what is it with his inconsistencies. Because when he was good he looked like a mature player, its not the same as other players on purple patch where anything they touch turn to gold, he looked as if he was maturing as a player and found what works for him.

Then out of nowhere it's all gone from 100 to 30, all the time spent after that is to reach back to an acceptable level, let alone going back to 100. Its as if his progress has been reset. Its so weird.

Irwin99

Really hoping he starts to pick up form soon, especially hearing rumors that EtH was getting fed up with him today. If he's dropped-deservedly perhaps- and results stay the same it'll be a media circus.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

He is crap

Go to other forums and ask how they rate Rasford. He wont get into top 6 team with his attitude

Never world class, let alone top 10 strikers in the world.

One trick pony who's a lazy bugger.

But... 30 goals last season? There's a reason why that season would be the highlight of his career because there's no way he'll get that annually

Sick of him. He epitomises what's wrong with United. Entitled lazy overpaid players

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I think he's our best and most promising attacker, but he's definitely holding the team back at the moment, for whatever reason. Perhaps he's missing his left back, perhaps he just doesn't buy into EtH's instructions, perhaps he's not executing them well, or maybe the instructions themselves are wrong. Whatever it is, EtH needs to sort this out as a priority. I'm not sure if the solution is to keep him going so he develops a chemistry with Hojlund and Amrabat/Reguilon, or if he needs to be dropped to provide him with more motivation to come off the bench and make an impact. I would prefer the former, still, because he has that odd moment of magic in him that leads to a goal, and it's not worth pissing off your only established attacker at a time of such turmoil.
He's not a kid. He can think for himself. He's a 350k per week footballer. Even if ETH instructed him not to track back, or take every chance himself like a selfish Patrick. He can and supposed to be able to see

"Wait a minute, it doesnt work. The team is doing bad, maybe I should press a little"

Or maybe

"I cant pass 2 defender, oh wait maybe I see if other players are in better position"

There is no excuses on this performance. It's all about heart, not skill. I can't accept players not giving their all

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
He was tactically compromised today. He was expected to hold width and be creative today against a low block. It wasn’t going to benefit the player nor the team because our LB crisis left him isolated.

Against such team he should be taken off early or start from the bench.

I like Rashford and I criticise him a lot but he stood no chance today. This was a game for Garnacho to run them ragged and he comes on to finish them off or a better technician in Martial.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I love the guy but he needs to be dropped for a bit, let him work his way back in. Not sure if his relationship issues are impacting his football, could well be, but he doesn't look himself again, only now we have quality depth for him. No need to force him if he's not performing.

Pronewbie

Peep
He was tactically compromised today. He was expected to hold width and be creative today against a low block. It wasn’t going to benefit the player nor the team because our LB crisis left him isolated.

Against such team he should be taken off early or start from the bench.

I like Rashford and I criticise him a lot but he stood no chance today. This was a game for Garnacho to run them ragged and he comes on to finish them off or a better technician in Martial.
Completely disagree. There were so many opportunities for him to release the ball early today either out wide or a simple pass in and around the box. But he preferred to dally around and shake his hips for feck all. He also lacked the thrust we saw last season. Completely frustrating to watch.

skc_18

Was one of the worst performances I saw him in Utd shirt. Should have subbed earlier. I think he is missing Shaw in overlaps. Not in sync with Hojlund yet.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I don't see how it changes with him without a spell on the bench. His horrible selfishness and narrow minded play is too engrained on him, we have enabled him to be the player he is and it will be tough, if not impossible, to change his ways.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Can only play on the counter. Can be incredible, but he's seriously limited from a system perspective.

CallyRed

The media won't criticise him, but he needs time out the team Signing a new contract atleast adds more value to his transfer fee, I personally wouldn't be against selling him. The worry is who we end up getting in to the replace him.

Jeffthered

Did you even read the following post?

So, YES, you are peddling nonsense. His consistency sucks.
This is astonishing. Absolutely astonishing. A player hits 30 goals in a season and some say he didn't have a good season. And I repeat, some of the rhetoric I see on here is almost bizarre. To respond to you, I am not asking about Rashford's consistency.. I am asking whether he had a great season last season, based on the fact that he carried our attacking threat, and scored 30 goals. So please. let's focus on the question to which we are responding.

It seems that you, and some others, do not think Rashford had a great season last season, despite the fact that he hit 30 goals. Playing alongside Worghurst and Antony!

The scrutinistaion of data, breaking his season down into segments, when he scored and when he did not as I have seen in the post I am responding to, highlights a lack of appreciation about the game.

However, may I ask this question: if Marcus Rashford, as some suggest, did not have a good season (last season), then could you explain why; and also, what would have constituted a good season for Rashford last season?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
How many managers has he seen off now?
Every single one. Hideous player with a hideous attitude. The day he leaves the club we’ll be better for it.

stw2022

Kevin Phillips scored 30 goals a season once, it doesn't mean those who thought he wasn't capable to cut it at the topn level for the elite clubs were wrong.

The entire Rashford debate is summed up by those who think stats means he's good

He was garbage for large parts of last season too.

GreatDane

His stats might be decent but he makes us worse as a team, so many mindless dribbles, ball losses and missed passes.
Make him a sub, it would improve us.

Pughnichi

This right here is an argument that a 14 year old would use. Do you think taking these players out means we play with 8 outfield players?
I wonder about Harry kanes Tottenham goal contribution last season. They seem to be doing alright…playing some brilliant football.