4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Loon

:lol:
Hopefully we’ll get the financial backing to bring in properly scouted and assessed competition for his place and then he can pull himself together or find a club.

USREDEVIL

Isn’t that supposedly what will happen when Ratcliffe appoints his football people?

or maybe we’ll just be lucky and find somebody who can perform better than Rashford?
At this point im pretty jaded. Ol Rat isn't pulling the purse strings, it's the same old scum. So i expect this circus to continue.

Loon

:lol:
At this point im pretty jaded. Ol Rat isn't pulling the purse strings, it's the same old scum. So i expect this circus to continue.
Ratcliffe is allegedly throwing in £325m of his own money once he is in situ. This could be PR bullshit, but the Glazers would have no issue with Ratcliffe spending his money on the club and it would be a smart charm offensive move as regards Radcliffe’s relationship with the fans. He’d be doing something the Glazers never have even once.

We shall see soon enough, I guess.

RobbieBerns

Manifesting a 60-70M move for him to PSG this summer. I feel like a fool having defended him through trials and tribulations, the lack of effort in his displays the last year have been inexcusable for a player in a United shirt.

In Rainbows

I find it difficult to believe Rashford would be selfish enough to put himself before the good of the team. He gave a homeless person some money ffs
I think those are two separate things. It's possible to do charity work because you truly believe it matters, where as football is literally just a game. Not saying I find it acceptable, but just showing you the rationality behind why someone who gives homeless person some money, can still be selfish in football.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I find it difficult to believe Rashford would be selfish enough to put himself before the good of the team. He gave a homeless person some money ffs
He gave out a few tenners, put it in context, that's like you giving the guy asking for spare change the penny you found round the corner

afatzp

This summer would be our good and last chance to offload Rashford to PSG, taken Mbappe will be leaving and they need replacement , also allegedly tracking Rashford for years. I have seen Rashford enough to know he would not be good enough to lead the line and win back title for us. If so, recoup some funds and free up the salary for the next one who has the potential to do so.

Rashford is right now a very toxic figure on football side; He is selfish, lack of football intelligent, inconsistent, limited skillsets, and dodge his responsibilities of becoming leader and role model in the team. His goal is not winning but cooking a well image of himself to earn big business contracts here and there.

If we nail down one single season of our failure of last decade, that's we constantly miss-judged the value of players and award them double of what they deserves. Rashford should be a player worth 175K /week salary and we gave him 350K . We could simply offer him 175K and if he says no, then good bye we can find replacement who is at this level, honestly there are tons of them willing to join. If he accepted, it would be also much easier to offload him now.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
This summer would be our good and last chance to offload Rashford to PSG, taken Mbappe will be leaving and they need replacement , also allegedly tracking Rashford for years. I have seen Rashford enough to know he would not be good enough to lead the line and win back title for us. If so, recoup some funds and free up the salary for the next one who has the potential to do so.

Rashford is right now a very toxic figure on football side; He is selfish, lack of football intelligent, inconsistent, limited skillsets, and dodge his responsibilities of becoming leader and role model in the team. His goal is not winning but cooking a well image of himself to earn big business contracts here and there.

If we nail down one single season of our failure of last decade, that's we constantly miss-judged the value of players and award them double of what they deserves. Rashford should be a player worth 175K /week salary and we gave him 350K . We could simply offer him 175K and if he says no, then good bye we can find replacement who is at this level, honestly there are tons of them willing to join. If he accepted, it would be also much easier to offload him now.
You really think PSG wants him?

We've been coned by his agent or whoever whispered that rumors.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I think it's clear Rashford hates playing for ETH and it's also clear he's not enjoyed football for a while. Honestly a change of country would probably give him a new lease of life. He is human, real life issues can feck you up and effect your work life. I love the lad and hope he can bring that fire back into his game, but I dont think it'll be here.

United888

We've seen this exact cycle with Rashford 2 years ago. Play him out of position and constantly sub him and his form goes down the shitter.

So in my opinion with him you have to either play him in his natural position or don't play him at all.

He scored 30 goals last season, he's also scored 20+ in 2 of the 3 seasons before that. Of those 3 by far his worst season was 21/22 when he played mostly on the right. So if Ten Hag wants that Rashford back it won't happen on the right wing, I hope he realizes that. If he prefers Garnacho on the left fine, but he should then have the balls to drop Rashford to the bench and let him work hard to regain his LW spot through sub appearances.
Forget about the goals, whether it's LW or RW, as wide player he needs to track back the opposition full back. He needs to work as a team.

OleGunnar20

PSG would appear to suit all parties. Will United even consider flogging the poster boy though? Seems very unlikely.

Juicy Juiced

PSG would appear to suit all parties. Will United even consider flogging the poster boy though? Seems very unlikely.
I think that they moved from signing "big stars". We are stuck with him, especially if he doesn't fancy SA league.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
When he was scoring last year he pointed to his head. All in the head? Motivation issues? I don’t know him, who knows what’s going on in there. It’s a pity, where he is now; maybe behind the scenes there’s a sympathetic narrative for Marcus. He’s probably a lovely guy, but as a United supporter, I have lost patience. I remember that day four seasons ago when the keeper spilled a shot, and he didn’t even bother to run or compete for it. Appears to be on strike these days. He won’t run back, won’t cover or help out. In a team that’s supposed to press? It’s poison to the dressing room, surely. Leave. Go, pack your bags. Boy no more. Leave, man.

RedDevilQuebecois

Absolute nonsense from Keane regarding Rashford.
As a wide player (and other attacking positions) you dont need to run around like Keane describes. You should mix running and walking to conserve energy and maximize your attacking opportunities.

Just watch Messi. He has accumulated 1182 goals and assist so far in his career (1047 matches) through a practice that reveals supreme footballing intelligence and a commitment to the efficient expenditure of energy.

Now, Rashford wont produce these numbers, but to think he should run/track back to show some sort of commitment is nonsense.
How condescending is all of this nonsense? Obviously, you must be a newbie to English football because you have no idea about how the game was and is played in this country.

Rooney is a striker and yet he hunted that ball like a mad man, going as far as to do this for the team. It has nothing to do with a man's position; it's all about the mentality.

mental health though
Don't even get started. Any excuse of such nature is a total disservice to the thousands of ordinary Joes and Janes out there who suffer real problems.

Last edited:

mikeyt

As much as I hate to see one of our better academy players in recent years leave us, the game against Newcastle showed he's got no desire to work hard to be here. He got his big contract and has checked out. If ETH doesn't bench him for the next few games then ETH himself needs to go.

pablo__p

Really difficult to connect with your beloved club if said club condones this kind of attitude/behavior. It's time for a reset at United, MR need to go (as well as a few other primadonnas). Players can't be allowed to do whatever they want, sacking managers included.

We need to eradicate this culture from the club. Sign ONLY a certain profile players. Hard working, willing to prove, hungry etc. DON'T LET THEM BE AROUND THE LIKES OF RASHFORD OR SANCHO. This is how decent signings turn into complacent twats after some time by observing and osmosis of what supposed leaders around them do.

If EtH plays him again in the next game, I'll assume he is either a puppet who is getting told what to do by upstairs people or he is a clueless joke of a manager.

ti vu

How condescending is all of this nonsense? Obviously, you must be a newbie to English football because you have no idea about how the game was and is played in this country.

Rooney is a striker and yet he hunter that ball like a mad man, going as far as to do this for the team. It has nothing to do with a man's position; it's all about the mentality.

Don't even get started. Any excuse of such nature is a total disservice to the thousands of ordinary Joes and Janes out there who suffer real problems.
Rooney was deployed as midfielder during this time under LVG. Rooney effort is good and all, but Using this version of Rooney as example is not a good argument. The culture of undeserving status started with Rooney where he took advantage of Moyes' weakness, and Woodward cluelessness on football matters to get himself a far contract when he's on steep decline. He became leader in the dressing room, despite SAF didn't see him as one, and actively pushed him out of the club close to his retirement. Rooney became LVG's pet which got him to become the indisputable captain. He played even out of position, not because he was still great, but because his status indulged by LVG. Rooney even claimed himself as the one who upheld the standard during this time, and LVG is the best manager he'd ever had. This kind of self interest before the team is what gave birth to all issue later on.

Frank Grimes

When he was scoring last year he pointed to his head. All in the head? Motivation issues? I don’t know him, who knows what’s going on in there. It’s a pity, where he is now; maybe behind the scenes there’s a sympathetic narrative for Marcus. He’s probably a lovely guy, but as a United supporter, I have lost patience. I remember that day four seasons ago when the keeper spilled a shot, and he didn’t even bother to run or compete for it. Appears to be on strike these days. He won’t run back, won’t cover or help out. In a team that’s supposed to press? It’s poison to the dressing room, surely. Leave. Go, pack your bags. Boy no more. Leave, man.
That was 2 seasons ago, captain.

Last edited:

Ronaldo's Love Child

Like I said, I don't have a dog in the race as far as Rashford goes. He was the hero last season because shots were going in. Absolutely everything has gone wrong for him this campaign, and I don't believe any player actively wants to be poor or get stick or not increase their odds of getting paid even more. Whatever is wrong, it's turned his world upside down because he's gone from hero to villain and the media have turned on him for the first time too.

If he's just not arsed, all this stick, OK, but if things aren't right, my first question is why the hell hasn't he been taken out of the firing line? If what he's doing on the pitch is absolutely unacceptable, why isn't he being reprimanded for it? It goes on, but it all lends itself to questions for me - questions more than uproar, anyway.

Things should have reached ahead after that Newcastle calamity, so it will be interesting to see what happens from here. If the manager keeps playing him, then I'd hope it's on the proviso he's earning his place in the team and not because it's Rashford or because he was our saviour last term. Things, evidently, have moved on, and the manager needs to act and react in accordance with that.
I think this is where we differ.

You're focusing on this campaign and looking for excuses to exhonerate him. Rashford has been displaying this piss poor attitude for some time which is why anything that is going on in his life right now can not be an excuse for a trend that started several years ago.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I think this is where we differ.

You're focusing on this campaign and looking for excuses to exhonerate him. Rashford has been displaying this piss poor attitude for some time which is why anything that is going on in his life right now can not be an excuse for a trend that started several years ago.
I’m not looking for any excuses. I’m indifferent to Rashford and voted sell in that poll. But the reality is things have taken a massive turn for him and you can’t seriously believe he would prefer to be routinely rounded upon rather than receive the adulation he had when he had the Midas touch.

TenHagsEmpire

Supports
Ajax

Rooney is a striker and yet he hunter that ball like a mad man, going as far as to do
Condescending? The only thing condescending is your narrow minded Premier League centric world view.
“Huh duh we play proper football”.

Good for Rooney making a goal line clearance and tracking back. Doesn’t have anything to do with what I wrote about maximizing attacking abilities.
You think Pep would make Leo Messi track back if he played for City? You think he (and other Barca managers) did when Messi faced Premier League opposition in the Champions League? No. Because it’s incredible stupid.
You make exceptions for world class players because they know how to maximize their attacking opportunities by conversing energy through running.
Rashford is world class on his day (but he needs to show stability), so he shouldn’t necessarily track back to prove something to fans like yourself that are stuck in some delusional view of how to play “proper football”.
You can show “mentality” in other ways.
What an absolute load of nonsense from you.
Now, don’t get me wrong. You can’t make exceptions for every attacking player. You need to pick the player who will benefit the most from now having to “show mentality” by tracking back.

Smithy89

Well that tweet confirms Rashford is one of the leakers.
I thought it was obvious it was the likes of him, Henderson, Lingard and Pogba.

You can go through nearly every team in the league and find a player better than every single position we have, from West ham to Palace to Spurs to Brighton, and Rashford's position is certainly no exception.

saivet

The discourse on his workrate is an interesting one as the signs were there last season. The big difference between this season and last season is his attacking output rather than his defensive work. Recall seeing stats that he was much worse than Sancho and Antony in terms of their defensive statistics last season.

romufc

The discourse on his workrate is an interesting one as the signs were there last season. The big difference between this season and last season is his attacking output rather than his defensive work. Recall seeing stats that he was much worse than Sancho and Antony in terms of their defensive statistics last season.
Agreed, he has always been terrible at tracking and pressing, under Ole he was fine as he was instructed to not track so we can counter.

The game has evolved so much that, you can't have passengers in the game, any footballer at top level needs to look at their game. The number of times a full back runs of Rashford or walks past him like he isnt there is actually scary.

caid

It doesn't feel like an easy comparison to make tbh. I think he was playing as a striker pretty often, i think we left him high and wide a lot, i think he made a lot of attacking sprints. He wasn't great a lot of the time and the warning signs for the newcastle performance were there but it wasn't all bad or a straight comparison with others.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Condescending? The only thing condescending is your narrow minded Premier League centric world view.
“Huh duh we play proper football”.

Good for Rooney making a goal line clearance and tracking back. Doesn’t have anything to do with what I wrote about maximizing attacking abilities.
You think Pep would make Leo Messi track back if he played for City? You think he (and other Barca managers) did when Messi faced Premier League opposition in the Champions League? No. Because it’s incredible stupid.
You make exceptions for world class players because they know how to maximize their attacking opportunities by conversing energy through running.
Rashford is world class on his day (but he needs to show stability), so he shouldn’t necessarily track back to prove something to fans like yourself that are stuck in some delusional view of how to play “proper football”.
You can show “mentality” in other ways.
What an absolute load of nonsense from you.
Now, don’t get me wrong. You can’t make exceptions for every attacking player. You need to pick the player who will benefit the most from now having to “show mentality” by tracking back.
He didn't say that though, and he's right, you must be new to the PL, invoking Pep and Messi is nonsense, the latter is one of the greatest ever players, if Rashford was half as good then it might make sense but he's not and never will be

PL football nowadays is all about the team, everybody works as a unit, except it seems United, wide players are expected to track back, even at United, Antony does it, Garnacho does it, Pellestri does it.

Why is Rashford so special that he feels he doesn't have to, and TBH, more to the point, why does the manager appear to be allowing it?

Donut

Hope this twat gets booed tomorrow, but he’ll probably start and get cheered.

MUnitedGT

Just had a thought...does anyone else think that Rashfords 'form'/lack of effort is in protest for Sancho?

lex talionis

I might be an outlier here in that my objection to Rashford is less about his tragic workrate than about his ineffectiveness with the ball. Poor decision making over and over.

The header goal Kulukevski (sp?) scored against City is the kind of goal we should see Rashford be able to score…but he never, ever attacks the ball and beats a defender to the ball. His desire to win those balls is nonexistent.

Roux

It's completely the opposite. The coaches are there to observe and study and ascertain whether he's good to go or not. Whatever comes out of his mouth can be listened to, but ultimately they must make executive decisions. Both for the player's benefit and that of the team. We've an absolute passenger out there, and that has to be investigated and resolved, one way or another.
Incorrect - if my heads not right, then it's up to me to let my manager know that I can't perform my duties. The manager can only ask are you able to play or try to understand how to deal with it - if he's training and seems okay - the manager will just assume he's good to play. Of course there are circumstances when other professionals have to make the call i.e health reasons, but in this instance its up to Rashford to say if he's good or not.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I might be an outlier here in that my objection to Rashford is less about his tragic workrate than about his ineffectiveness with the ball. Poor decision making over and over.

The header goal Kulukevski (sp?) scored against City is the kind of goal we should see Rashford be able to score…but he never, ever attacks the ball and beats a defender to the ball. His desire to win those balls is nonexistent.
Hes also not that good. His buildup play is subpar, his first touch is consistent. Of course his decision making is bad. He's also too telegraphed when trying to beat a player.