View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

TempusFugit

He was awful. At least Hojlund competes for aerial balls.
Exactly. Højlund is struggling and gets no service, basically scrapping for anything he can get. Goes up against Zouma who's an absolute monster aerially. What does our manager do? Subs Højlund before tbe hour mark and has Rashford continue to do the same thing. What a genius. Højlund wasn't getting any service, so we'll just take him out, get Rashford in the same position and expect things to magically change. Simple right?

Nevermind that Garnacho was having a nightmare performance and Coufal is one of the slowest RBs in the league, let's neutralize Rashford's threat by sticking him uptop and take off a young striker (he got one pass from the wingers today. ONE!!!) who is already low on confidence. Jesus christ, i could've probably managed that game better. Genuinely sackable performance.

Born2Lose

My Rashish mushd alwaysh playsh

Don't know which one of the two is the biggest fraud at this point.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
He’s just waiting for the next manager. Knew we’ll lose as soon as he appeared on the pitch.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
My Rashish mushd alwaysh playsh

Don't know which one of the two is the biggest fraud at this point.
It's a bit unfair considering that Rashford started the last 4 games (is it? I'm too lazy to check) on the bench.

Marwood

Funny how people thought it would change when Rashford got dropped.
Well I'd say we have changed. Not going forwards but we have at least looked more like a grown up team since he was dropped. Everybody pulling their weight as a team player. Good attitudes all round.

Still can't score for shit but Rashford wasn't helping with that anyway.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Fact is if we don’t get him to find form our attack is not going to improve. (Barring serious money being spent on new attacking players)

astracrazy

Even funnier that there are those who thought he was "that" good and yet when he comes on it makes zero difference. When he plays it makes zero difference. The guys anonymous and stealing a wage.

Championship player at best.

AndySmith1990

It's not funny. It makes sense to assume that removing a terrible player would yield improved results.

As it turns out it doesn't make a blind bit of difference who starts, who is or isn't injured, or anything else. We play terrible football regardless.

Gerald G

I'd put him back in the team in the hope he rediscovers his form. Because some of the other options out there simply aren't good enough.

Walters_19_MuFc

It's not funny. It makes sense to assume that removing a terrible player would yield improved results.

As it turns out it doesn't make a blind bit of difference who starts, who is or isn't injured, or anything else. We play terrible football regardless.
That's why it's funny. I thought it was pretty obvious that this was the case, but clearly not...

Walters_19_MuFc

I'd put him back in the team in the hope he rediscovers his form. Because some of the other options out there simply aren't good enough.
Despite how shite Rashford has been this season, you can bet your bottom dollar that none of our current attacking players will ever have a season such as the one he did last season.

Gerald G

Despite how shite Rashford has been this season, you can bet your bottom dollar that none of our current attacking players will ever have a season such as the one he did last season.
Agreed. And that's why I'd put Rashford back in the team; not like it will make us any worse

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Agreed. And that's why I'd put Rashford back in the team; not like it will make us any worse
Yeah id see if he has renewed hunger after some time out of the spotlight. Drop Antony and move Garnacho right.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I’d put him on the reserve and see if he can “discover” that hunger (aka not down tooling again).

In any professional work, letting one member gets away by being lazy ass is destroying the team spirit.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yup. Although the fact that we have zero reasons to be confident that Rashford will ever have a season like the one he did last season is a much bigger problem. There’s a reason none of the other attacking players have his status (or salary)

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
We’ve looked equally toothless yet considerably more defensively solid. Taking him out has removed the way he was actively detrimental to the team. So that’s a positive. It’s obviously unfortunate that nobody has been able to better his almost non existent attacking threat but ho hum, we don’t miss what was never there.

pascell

There was a point in the game at 0-0 where we stretched West Ham by working the ball well to Shaw on the LW, he crossed it into Bruno and Antony, whilst Rashford who was our striker was on the edge of the box. So infuriating that none of our attacking players know the runs to make.

Cassidy

We’ve looked equally toothless yet considerably more defensively solid. Taking him out has removed the way he was actively detrimental to the team. So that’s a positive. It’s obviously unfortunate that nobody has been able to better his almost non existent attacking threat but ho hum, we don’t miss what was never there.
We quite obviously need Rashford to find a bit of form

NZT-One

He’s just waiting for the next manager. Knew we’ll lose as soon as he appeared on the pitch.
Unfortunately, thats exactly what I thought as well...

Problem is, that this means absolutely nothing. There is no point declaring his team mates as shit when he is shit as well. When only last season is going for him. And it wasn't even the whole season, "just" one or two patches with great form and confident finishes.

I agree. We certainly do look more solid the last 3 or 4 games. I think, this is mostly down to the way Mainoo approaches playing in midfield and instructions from ETH that at least one of the other "nominal" midfielders has to stick to centre as well. But no doubt the added workrate hasn't been negative as well. It was absolutely right to bench Rashford. He looks so flat... almost heartbreaking. But, to be be perfectly honest, at this point, I couldn't care less about the guy. I am sorry if he has personal problems or whatever. I'd rather see the back of him instead of hoping the next 5 year for the stars to align that we manage to get something out of him. I am angry at the club that they didn't nourish(?) him enough, I am sure under the right managers, a player with his physical attributes and his technique would have a different standing than he does today

Swiss_Red89

We obviously need him back in form and I woud love to see it. But something definitely isn't right with him. He seems completely desinterested. He showed absolutely zero emotions today....

There was one sequence after he came on where the game was streched and Garnacho attacked on the left after a through ball. Usually old Rashford would burst in full sprint to arrive in the sequence, but all i saw today was an half arsed increase of tempo. Not a full sprint. He then didn't arrive in time in the box and Garnacho fecked up the cross anyway. It looked to me as if he lost all Hunger to even got on the end of a chance. Or just has given up.

Marwood

A draw at Liverpool and let's cut through some of the pessimism, we didn't really deserve to lose today.

RedDevilQuebecois

How low must the bar be for him in order to start working his socks off? With Garnacho firing blanks at the moment, I don't think the bar needs to be any lower.

If he wants to sulk, then his ass belongs to the reserves. Someone should tell him how what such bad attitude of his did to his mates, the junkie Pogba and the drunkard Lingard.

Glorified Theo Walcott.

acnumber9

Have we really though? We’ve conceded 6 in 4 in the league since he was dropped. It was 17 in the 14 before that.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Have we really though? We’ve conceded 6 in 4 in the league since he was dropped. It was 17 in the 14 before that.
Yeah, definitely. More possession. Fewer chances conceded. Goals don’t tell the whole story. We only conceded one against Newcastle but they had the run of Rashford’s wing from start to finish. A miracle they didn’t score a shit load in that match.

Or how about the Everton game? Zero goals conceded. But coughed up a ridiculous amount of chances.

Last edited:

Cassidy

Yeah, definitely. More possession. Fewer chances conceded. Goals don’t tell the whole story. We only conceded one against Newcastle but they had the run of Rashford’s wing from start to finish. A miracle they didn’t score a shit load in that match.
As opposed to the 3 vs Bournmouth and the disallowed goal

Cassidy

Correct. Bournemouth had 31% possession and 10 shots at our goal. Newcastle had 58% possession and 22 shots. Two perfect examples of the point I’m making.
You mean that Newcastle are a much better attacking team than Bournemouth? Who would have known… a home team had more possession than an away team, who would have known….

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
That's what Erik has been doing all season, waiting for him to find form. But his out of possession work rate is so pathetic that it's indefensible to play him really when he doesn't do anything in the attacking third.

It's not on the manager that Rashford has been shite this season. He was shite before the manager took over. He's got talent but he may not have the characteristics required.

VivaRonaldo85

As much as he is disliked by many supporters, he is the only player we currently have on the books who can score 25 plus goals a season. So Ten Hag simply has to find a way to light the spark of last season or he will lose his job soon IMO.

My take on Rashford is he is a 100% confidence footballer currently working at the lowest end of his confidence scale. I also suspect he isn’t enamoured by Ten Hag’s man management style such as his fall out with Sancho. He is a major problem for us given what we know he can offer goals and assists wise but we have seen nothing for a prolonged spell now.

acnumber9

Or how about the Everton game? Zero goals conceded. But coughed up a ridiculous amount of chances.
One of those games Rashford hasn’t played, against Liverpool, being the only time this season we’ve actually tried to shut up shop.

How about the Chelsea game when they created plenty despite being truly awful?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Rashford is really the most mysterious player I’ve ever came across. He could turn into gold out of nowherein one season (9/10), then immediately turn into complete dog shite in the next (1/10).

In Rainbows

Are some people actually yearning for Rashford? Give up already. The guy isn't providing anything in attack. To top it off, he doesn't work hard either. It doesn't matter if United lose or are crap. He's worse than what we have right now.

Reminds me of the Ronaldo fans that can't stop talking about the previous season, despite the fact that he was crap in the season we all wanted him dropped.