View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Alemar

Good performance from Rashford. Excellent assist, second assist disallowed, made several dangerous shots on target - all in all miles better than shit we’ve been witnessing recently

Pickle85

Decent today, looked like he was actually bothered. When he can be arsed he's such an asset

CloneMC16

New hair colour and he plays well. It can't be a coincidence!

Best game he's played for us in quite a while.

He seemed to be playing slightly higher up on the left than more recently.

Playing two passing midfielders released him a bit, and Eriksen found him a lot.

The Purley King

Tried hard and played better.
Still very annoyed at the Bruno-esque hand waving but he put a shift in which he hadn’t done for months.

He’s a very good player that has some serious patches of poor form, and some serious patches of great form. And he’s certainly a player who tends to struggle when his team is out of form.

The idea he’s just some waster kick and run merchant is nuts. If Rashford can just find a higher lower level he’s an absolute gem of a player.

Oranges038

To be honest he was good today, but that running at a high line is his game and Villa play to it, Evans and Mainoo both had chances to play him and didn't, if he could have stayed onside a few times he could have been put in a lot more.

JeffFromHK

A relatively good game. Still we need to cash in him if a ridiculous offer from Saudi is on the table - he is still too inconsistent and patchy

Sea-Cow

I got strangely annoyed in the first few minutes tonight when he smashed a pass at Rasmus who was about 5 yards away, and then threw his arms up in frustration when Rasmus didn't control it. I'm glad he stopped looking so miserable out there in the second half. I know I know body language expert and all that.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s an excellent footballer. We should sell him though if we get a big bid.

stoinz

This should be his minimum. The problem with him is when he is out of form, he just gave up and sulk. Compare to Garnacho or Bruno who will just keep going and trying even when out of form. I hope he finally kicks on and improve but there have been too many false starts for me to get excited about. I would still want us to look at more consistent options in the summer.

Mr Smith

If all it takes to play much better is effort. More the reason he should be sold for not giving more effort all these years
The difference today was not just effort. He was making consistently better decisions, looking for passes rather than always trying to do it all himself, using his overlapping fullback both as a decoy abd to play in, making intelligent runs.

Having said all that, it's worth pointing out this was a great game for him with Villa's high line. We play Forest next who will probably sit deep, so he'll need to do some things differently. If he has a good game then, I'll be convinced he's back.

CloneMC16

He’s a very good player that has some serious patches of poor form, and some serious patches of great form. And he’s certainly a player who tends to struggle when his team is out of form.

The idea he’s just some waster kick and run merchant is nuts. If Rashford can just find a higher lower level he’s an absolute gem of a player.
I think the problem is actually the opposite. When Rashford doesn't perform, the team suffers. His poor form pretty much always coincides with the team doing really badly. Rashford (and Bruno) performing is when the team starts to win matches.

The White Pele

It’s really frustrating that it’s taken us this long to try Rashford left and Garnacho on the right. I feel like we could have seen a performance like this weeks ago.

Rashford on the right is just not effective whereas Garnacho has a lot of potential there I think.

The benefit to Rashford of Garnacho starting on the right over Antony is that it also gives him the option of playing the early lofted ball over the top when he receives the ball on the touchline as Garnacho is always looking to get in behind too.

TempusFugit

He's pretty much unstoppable when he's on it. Doesn't matter who he's up against, he can completely terrorize an opponent's backline. Now he needs to do it more, get rid of any mental blocks or distractions. He will be absolutely crucial if we want to salvage anything from this season. He completely led the offensive animation yesterday.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I think the problem is actually the opposite. When Rashford doesn't perform, the team suffers. His poor form pretty much always coincides with the team doing really badly. Rashford (and Bruno) performing is when the team starts to win matches.
More like id 2 of your forward player dont perform and performing so sluggish that it disrupt the whole press any team would suffer.

Not because they're star player but more to because they're not doing their job.

You can't afford this in most EPL games.

Replace those 2 with actually performing players we will see improvement

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
It’s really frustrating that it’s taken us this long to try Rashford left and Garnacho on the right. I feel like we could have seen a performance like this weeks ago.

Rashford on the right is just not effective whereas Garnacho has a lot of potential there I think.

The benefit to Rashford of Garnacho starting on the right over Antony is that it also gives him the option of playing the early lofted ball over the top when he receives the ball on the touchline as Garnacho is always looking to get in behind too.
Ye it’s good having Garnacho on the right for his crosses in. Antony always has to cut back to shoot or cross with his left foot. Garnacho can actually use both feet, we’ve seen him on the left crossing it with his left foot. We should have one side as an inside forward and the other as a natural winger. Hojlund needs service.

We’ve been absolutely shite without him in the team though, so I’m not sure we can put the blame on him and Bruno soley for our shite performances.
Obviously when both are on form, we just look a much more potent side.

Godfather

He's always decent against high lines. It's where Bruno and him connect and where he can use his speed. Hope he's not injured his back again.

Swiss_Red89

I think he is fine injury wise.
Took a few heavy hits and always is a bit of a pussy on them. But he was moving just fine before his substitution.

Roane

Rashy played well yesterday. I'm not sure if it's an injury thing but he pulls out of challenges too early and doesn't go full on when being challenged. I have wondered if it's an injury?

That said. Yesterday's performance, whilst being hailed, is a firing Rashy on a bad day.

The fact that we are hailing it is shows how bad he has been.

Mikelinho

Boy always seems depressed. There is too much time between him smiling. It seems as though he is forcing himself to play as good like he did yesterday, even though his mind don’t want him to.

We’ll probably find out in 10 years time in a Netflix documentary, what was going on through his mind all these years.

Let’s hope he can continue after yesterday’s performance.

arthurka

Good game, now the standard is set so he better be up for it for the rest of the season.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I think it's a bit weird to give Rashford stick for passing for the first goal - instead of being selfish he went for the better option as Garnacho was in a much better position to score (which he did).

He has to trust that his teammate will keep himself onside - that's not on Rashford.

Craig Ward

While the Villa game was his best in absolutely ages, he was still bang average.

We shouldn't applaud bang average. Hard work and effort is the absolute bare minimum we should tolerate.

He was offside constantly, passing was a bit poor and didn't connect with two shots in the first half like he can.

That being said, his attitude was right and he looked more of a threat in this game than he has done all season. He needs to push on though.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
More like id 2 of your forward player dont perform and performing so sluggish that it disrupt the whole press any team would suffer.

Not because they're star player but more to because they're not doing their job.

You can't afford this in most EPL games.

Replace those 2 with actually performing players we will see improvement

Managers are human too. They have the subjectivity of wanting their biggest signing to work.

jem

While the Villa game was his best in absolutely ages, he was still bang average.

We shouldn't applaud bang average. Hard work and effort is the absolute bare minimum we should tolerate.

He was offside constantly, passing was a bit poor and didn't connect with two shots in the first half like he can.

That being said, his attitude was right and he looked more of a threat in this game than he has done all season. He needs to push on though.
I don't think we're applauding bang average, so much as we're applauding the hint of much better things to come. For me, it was a solid 6.5/10 performance, and I'm more than happy with that, given how he's played this year.