View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Pickle85

I couldn’t care if he went out and hit shit faced every night mate that’s not my issue. It’s the missing training (twice now in a little over a month through illness) and not performing whilst being seen out that’s the annoying part.
I was ill twice in a month and a half. It's a bad time of year for it...it really isn't that surprising. So you'd rather he went out and got wasted then trained than stayed sober, went to a club, and then took a day off as a result of an unrelated illness? Weird.

Castia

I was ill twice in a month and a half. It's a bad time of year for it...it really isn't that surprising. So you'd rather he went out and got wasted then trained than stayed sober, went to a club, and then took a day off as a result of an unrelated illness? Weird.

Nah weird is missing training after getting dropped. Then missing training again weeks later after being seen at a club hours before. That’s weird.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I couldn’t care if he went out and hit shit faced every night mate that’s not my issue. It’s the missing training (twice now in a little over a month through illness) and not performing whilst being seen out that’s the annoying part.
It's cold and flu season, this can happen.

Now, I'll be annoyed if any of our players intentionally didn't get a flu shot and end up ill but this doesn't seem like that at the moment.

Red00012

It's cold and flu season, this can happen.

Now, I'll be annoyed if any of our players intentionally didn't get a flu shot and end up ill but this doesn't seem like that at the moment.
He was vaping judging by the what’s app video floating around so he’s probably got a sore throat. Poor guy . Hope he’s ok

ck1968

Lads im from Belfast. Know that nightclub inside and out, know of the manager. I also have heard from a few others...he was out last night, not Wednesday
I don't know if the club or rashford are covering it up but it was 100% last night.
So yes...it is very much fair to question his professionalism here.
He was also seen vaping in laverys bar before Thompsons night club. Not a big deal but this is a 300k professional footballer for united here. Really not good

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
Must have.

And sure it's entirely possible he caught something being out in public, whether that's at a club, a nice restaurant or going out to the shops. It's cold and flu season.

Players train all week and then play matches, what do you expect them to do with their downtime? More training so they can overdo it, get injured and then you can refer to them as a sick note or made of glass?
Overall i'd say it's a bit unprofessional to go clubbing mid-season when it's cold and flu season, simply because it increases the risks of illness which can have a detrimental effect for weeks.

In terms of it being their downtime, their schedules shouldn't be underestimated but they're well compensated for it. There's a middle ground between going full Haaland or Grealish.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
While we are at the subject, why are some people insisting that players should be allowed to go clubbing, drinking(not saying Rashford was drinking btw), vaping, and stuff like that in modern age when everyone wants to be a footballer, and when footballers should actually be top professionals and very fit?

It's really not that hard to live a life without having to go clubbing every week, especially if the compensation for that is literally best life you could imagine apart from that, earning loads, living healthy life, having best doctors around you. being allowed and having money to travel a lot, etc. Clubbing is literally one of the most random things you could do without.

I bet majority of world population who likes football would give up clubbing, drinking, even their family if compensation for that was to become professional footballer who plays for lower division club, let alone being one of the most popular and most paid players in the world. It's really not that big sacrifice, even if it's your free time.

Pickle85

While we are at the subject, why are some people insisting that players should be allowed to go clubbing, drinking(not saying Rashford was drinking btw), vaping, and stuff like that in modern age when everyone wants to be a footballer, and when footballers should actually be top professionals and very fit?

It's really not that hard to live a life without having to go clubbing every week, especially if the compensation for that is literally best life you could imagine apart from that, earning loads, living healthy life, having best doctors around you. being allowed and having money to travel a lot, etc. Clubbing is literally one of the most random things you could do without.

I bet majority of world population who likes football would give up clubbing, drinking, even their family if compensation for that was to become professional footballer who plays for lower division club, let alone being one of the most popular and most paid players in the world. It's really not that big sacrifice, even if it's your free time.
But what is unhealthy about going to a club? Assuming he's not drinking or smashing pills, surely it's the same as a late night (again, that's assuming he was out late).

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
But what is unhealthy about going to a club? Assuming he's not drinking or smashing pills, surely it's the same as a late night (again, that's assuming he was out late).
Smoke, staying late, catching covid/whatever similar from all kind of contacts in crowded places is not really great thing for a professional footballer by any means. Also it means your sleep rhytm is fecked up, etc.

Ask Ronaldo why doesn't he go clubbing.

Pickle85

Smoke, staying late, catching covid/whatever similar from all kind of contacts in crowded places is not really great thing for a professional footballer by any means. Also it means your sleep rhytm is fecked up, etc.

Ask Ronaldo why doesn't he go clubbing.
But Ronaldo did go to clubs, no?

Do we know what time he left? As for the COVID thing, are you going to insist that footballers do nothing but go from training to home to match? They are part of the world.

Edit: Ronaldo and nightclubs: https://www.sportbible.com/football...o says wearing a,with his best friend Ricardo.

Castia

There’s a million reasons why a pro athlete shouldn’t be out in a club and missing training you know that but for some reason you’re acting like it’s not an issue. It is an issue and you know it.

Pickle85

There’s a million reasons why a pro athlete shouldn’t be out in a club and missing training you know that but for some reason you’re acting like it’s not an issue. It is an issue and you know it especially when a player isn’t reaching his potential and putting out poor performances
A million reasons that you're not saying. Please enlighten me.

Castia

A million reasons that you're not saying. Please enlighten me.
Well for a start he’s accused of drinking and vaping the other night. Then there the risk of flu/covid like you said this time of year there’s a flair up he’s a pro athlete who should know better. Those alone are enough to prove my point.

Pickle85

Well for a start he’s accused of drinking and vaping the other night. Then there the risk of flu/covid like you said this time of year there’s a flair up he’s a pro athlete who should know better.
I haven't seen anything about him drinking. Got a link? I also can't see anything about him vaping. Again, got a link?

Castia

I haven't seen anything about him drinking. Got a link? I also can't see anything about him vaping. Again, got a link?

The link is the initial leak its all over X. The guy with him even says something along the lines of ‘your going to get him in trouble’ to the person taking the video of Marcus entering the club

Look my initial point was at the very least it’s unprofessional. I’m all for players having a private life but to miss 2 sessions one after being dropped then one after being pictured out raises further questions about his attitude I’m not having this ‘everything is fine he’s just a bit sick’ bullshit you seem to be pushing

Grealish is known to be a party boy but he turns up and does the job I have no issue with that. It’s the missing training and having the attitude of a fecking tool that is doing my head in

Tango80

He's got no training the next day. Of course he's entitled to go to a club. This notion that he's not allowed a life is nonsense. Also the notion that it's unprofessional to go out in public during cold season because he might catch an illness is laughable. Absolutely ridiculous.

Castia

He's got no training the next day. Of course he's entitled to go to a club. This notion that he's not allowed a life is nonsense. Also the notion that it's unprofessional to go out in public during cold season because he might catch an illness is laughable. Absolutely ridiculous.
That’s fine nobody would give 2 shits if he turned up for training and did the business on the field. Hes doing neither so feck him

Pickle85

The link is the initial leak its all over X. The guy with him even says something along the lines of ‘your going to get him in trouble’ to the person taking the video of Marcus entering the club

Look my initial point was at the very least it’s unprofessional. I’m all for players having a private life but to miss 2 sessions one after being dropped then one after being pictured out raises further questions about his attitude I’m not having this ‘everything is fine he’s just a bit sick’ bullshit you seem to be pushing

Grealish is known to be a party boy but he turns up and does the job I have no issue with that. It’s the missing training and having the attitude of a fecking tool that is doing my head in
Are you talking about the still photo of him standing at the bar, waiting to order or having just ordered, with two pints and a vape near him?

Edit: that's assuming that still is even him.

Red00012

I’ve seen a what’s app , he’s in Belfast with a group of mates and he’s vaping . There’s another of him heading for a club and one of his crew saying to a guy to stop calling him that you’ll get him in trouble “ I’m not on Twitter but I’d imagine it’s not that difficult to find.

Pickle85

I’ve seen a what’s app , he’s in Belfast with a group of mates and he’s vaping . There’s another of him heading for a club and one of his crew saying to a guy to stop calling him that you’ll get him in trouble “ I’m not on Twitter but I’d imagine it’s not that difficult to find.
I've searched and there's nothing of him vaping. What there is is a screenshot of a WhatsApp conversation containing an aerial view of someone that may or may not be rashford standing at the bar, next to two pints, neither of which he's touching, and a vape that's also untouched on the bar. No pics of him drinking or vaping. The only video out there is of him walking down some stairs but, again, you can't see his face. Again not drinking or smoking. Have you seen different?

Red Royal

Seems it is a non story isn't it? Not the wisest choice but nothing against club rules.
Usual ABU media frenzy and many have got wound up about it.

always_hoping

Seems it is a non story isn't it? Not the wisest choice but nothing against club rules.
The usual with some trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. Not just journalists at it but those silly "fan" channels desperate for a bit of extra attention.

arnie_ni

Just because players are going into nightclubs doesn't mean that they're misbehaving. Does anyone have an issue with an adult going to a nightclub and drinking soft drinks?
If they get sick and miss games, yea?

Hard to know if the 2 are related though

arnie_ni

think maybe it's just winter and there's a shit ton of COVID around?

Please. Speculate wildly.
Don't go out to a nightclub around 100s of people and put yourself at risk then?

Again hard to know if one is related to the other though but it's not a good look.

United888

It’s Rashford choice whether he wants to take care his health and focus on to be fit footballer who can run all day and doesn’t look tired like the best modern winger in EPL Salah and Son OR who cares about health and fitness just enjoy your life and the money.

That‘s his choice and we are not his parent to tell him what to do in his life. However, the club should have take this into account before they gave him 300k pw.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
The club is on a winter break, effectively he was on holiday, some folks on heer are making a mol0hille like Mount fecking Everest!

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
INEOS should really assess every individual's professionalism and act accordingly. 375k+ a week is a huge salary indeed.

Tango80

Now that De Gea has gone, fans look for a new scapegoat to pile on to. Happens every time. Looks like it's Rashfords turn.

People will actually look for any excuse to dislike him, sadly.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Sounds like we need to sign his girlfriend to a deal too! As for this stuff? Nah. Couldn’t care less. Hopefully it gives an opportunity to someone else to show they want it more. He’s only going to get so much leeway to be automatic starter especially we start signing better players

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If he’s not careful, his career is going to go the same way as his brosef, Sancho. There’s more young, hungry players behind him for England like Gordon and at club level, he already has Garnacho and whichever wide player we get through in the summer.

Swiss_Red89

I don't know Rashford, but from and outside view in my opinion one of his biggest issues is that his personal life is not stable and mature enough.
At 26 years old, he has an on-off relationship with a childhood missue, while others like Garnacho already became dads.
I don't say that he need to become a dad at that age, but being a dad since 3month myself i definitely can confirm that it changes a lot of perspectives in life. Going out clubbing is definitely one of my last prios now. So I'm sure it would help Rashford being part of a happy little family with a women he loves. He could calm down more and focus what is important in his life. (and football is a big part of it)

Fergie always had an eye on such things and I'm sure he wouldn't have been happy with Rashys current private situation.

Dearg hÉireann

If he was performing like a competent professional footballer this season this story would be a non entity but as we know he's been abysmal so any slight misdemeanor will be highlighted.

If he keeps stinking the place out with his bad on-field attitude/performances he'll be the next Lingard in a few years.

leoric

I don't have any bad feelings about Marcus but it seems to be time for him to move on, we would still get a good price for him and it would likely be a positive move for him too, one of those situations that would work for both parties.