View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Valencia Shin Crosses

If you look at most people of a similar role to him in top teams, they also cheat a bit defensively. Leao, Mbappe, Salah etc etc. They are all outlets whose main attribute is their pace and finishing. I think they have to because in each game they have to conserve their energy for short bursts and that's why at times they are accused of floating in and out of games. They are also not injured very often so it definitely is not by coincidence.
Salah does now, but in his earlier days he ran like a maniac for those high intensity Liverpool teams. I'm sure Milan wished Leao ran more right now with how crap he's been this year.

The problem with that style is that it requires truly elite attacking outlets. If you have CR7 walking around up top conserving energy while out of possession, no one is going to bat an eye because he more than makes up for it with his production/threat. Rashford has never been that level of player though in front of goal, and while last year for a bit it looked like he might have gone up a level, it seems quite clear it was more a short burst of ridiculous form as opposed to an actual evolution.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
He was fine, but he was also yet again the weakest link in the attack when he should by rights be the strongest by now. He should be the older experienced head carrying the youngers when their levels dip, but instead the 20 and 19 year olds are the ones making the smarter decisions whilst he’s running into defenders with his head down and only passing when all his avenues are closed off. He’s a cross between frustrating oily teenage Ronaldo and occasionally efficient but uncooperative elder Ronaldo, without ever looking like he’s gonna settle into any version of the brilliant Ronaldos inbetween.

I love Rashy as an idea, and the thought of him staying here forever in a hypothetical world where he’s pulling out 25 goal seasons into his 30s, but in the cold practical world I just don’t see it happening. He came up in a Rooney-esque romantic blur, but he doesn’t have the same football intelligence to make up for the physical decline that will inevitably come with an overplayed and over pressured Rooney-esque ascent.

He’s a pace & power player, and whilst he might not have the shocking metabolism or ill discipline of Rooney, he doesn’t have the vision or variety to be anything else either. When he can no longer burst past a full back consistently, I fear he’s kinda done.

I hope I’m wrong, but it really does feel like we’re edging closer to the point where selling is good business. That point in a player the likes of Madrid have been very good at identifying… often at our expense

Last edited:

Oranges038

He was ok, still some poor decision making at times.

There was one instance that really annoyed me, and just kind of summed up his poor awareness and decision making at times. Bruno made a nice run to his left, all he had to do was play a little reverse pass through the gap, instead he cuts in and goes for the Hollywood pass across the pitch.

Anyway, he's been better the last two games, but he was starting from quite a low bar. Still need to see more from him.

r0663664

Worships Man City
At this rate, Ineos will sell Rashford to be sold. As a senior squad member, he is too consistent to be our LW. If there is a good bid that comes in this summer, we should take the money and run. In good days, Rashford is unplayable but how many days have we seen? I think it is better to move him on, Erik is again doing the fans injustice by continuing to play Rashford instead of letting Amad has a go.

massey

Villa on the front foot chasing the game after the equaliser about to over load our left side again,I look up and bingo everyone else is running to close space and rashford as usual doing his little Cba jog it got soo bad garnacho had to leave his wing and help out.

MJay

Disgraceful attitude, clear from the first minute.

Is it me or is it obvious his teammates can't stand him.. Bruno specifically ran past him and made that dangerous tackle on the touchline, after Rashford was lightly jogging doing the whole I'm pressing act.

Ludens the Red

So the working hard post calling in drunk for training lasted one game as about expected. He’s an absolute eyesore in that front three. I’ve never ever seen a footballer back out of 50/50 challenges as much as this guy. Ten Hag needs to show some balls here and just replace him in the line up with Amad. And then feck him off in the summer.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Been shit all season and was shit today, sick of the sight of him.

Irishman

An absolute disgrace again today. At this level playing with only 10 committed players will cost us. Feel sorry for his team mates and his manager who deserve better than this spoilt entitled brat.

Superunknown

I'm bored of all the stuff around the edges now. I just want to see him playing well and on a consistent basis. He's doing neither of those things. For his sake, he needs the season to end quickly and then he needs to sort his shit out for next season, either here or elsewhere.

Someone

Something
I don't really get him anymore. Looked so disinterested tonight. I thought after his recent good form he might kick on from there, but meh.

Chinchy98

I thought he was our most dangerous forward, he stood Cash up numerous times.

Frustrating to see him offering noting defensively on the transition, especially when the turnover was on his side of the pitch.

Irwin99

I didn't think he was terrible but just not involved enough again and outshone by Hojlund and Garnacho (who was frustrating himself but was always involved in the game).

He’s a pace & power player, and whilst he might not have the shocking metabolism or ill discipline of Rooney, he doesn’t have the vision or variety to be anything else either. When he can no longer burst past a full back consistently, I fear he’s kinda done.

I hope I’m wrong, but it really does feel like we’re edging closer to the point where selling is good business. That point in a player the likes of Madrid have been very good at identifying… often at our expense
It's an awkward discussion to have (local lad, brilliant on his day) but any good club structure surely must be thinking along the same lines. His value will never be as high as it is now when last season is fresh in the memory. 60/70 million would be excellent business if things stay the same.

Danny

I don't really get him anymore. Looked so disinterested tonight. I thought after his recent good form he might kick on from there, but meh.
Disinterested? Massive threat up against Cash all game.

Ludens the Red

Frustrating to see him offering noting defensively on the transition, especially when the turnover was on his side of the pitch.
Was he though? How many key passes, threatening shots on goal, crosses did he actually complete?
Cash basically had no support and rashford received the ball a lot. Him receiving the ball a lot and running towards goal doesn’t necessarily mean he was our most dangerous forward. That was the kinda performance you’d expect from an 18 year old slightly pacey winger making a cameo substitute appearance. All bark no bite.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

He neither created a good chance or tested the keeper. He wasted most of the good positions he got into when he stood up Cash.

He is currently the weak link in the front 3

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
His general play just isn’t up to scratch. It can be compensated when he’s scoring and assisting at a good rate, but he’s not really been doing that for a while.

Walters_19_MuFc

I swear I must have watched a different game. People saying he was trash, but I personally felt he was arguably our most dangerous attacking player and was quite surprised when he got taken off.

Sylar

Him getting cash booked then not running at him after that, and slowing it down until he was subbed was so bizarre. He defo looked worse second half without Shaw there. But it's worrying if he's reliant on a lb to be putting in a shift or good performances.

SAFMUTD

He gets a lot of hate here, wasn't as bas as people are saying. He did 2-3 really good plays showing impressive skill unfortunately he lacked the last pass/touch to make it an actual goal threat.

pascell

His decision making is frustrating, he isn't a young player anymore and he still makes the same mistakes.

I'd love it if we could sell him in summer and replace him with someone like Chiesa.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I didn't think he was terrible but just not involved enough again and outshone by Hojlund and Garnacho (who was frustrating himself but was always involved in the game).

It's an awkward discussion to have (local lad, brilliant on his day) but any good club structure surely must be thinking along the same lines. His value will never be as high as it is now when last season is fresh in the memory. 60/70 million would be excellent business if things stay the same.
Yep. I actually thought he was alright today. Largely because he picked his moments much better and actually passed the ball when he wasn’t the best placed to shoot or run into trouble (in the the first half at least) but even with an improved performance, he still didn’t really do anything massively dangerous aside from that very good run in the first half that could’ve been a Hojland tap in if Garnacho’s pass had been better (weirdly Garnacho took up his mantle of running blind and shooting on sight… but he’s still allowed to do that at 19)

As you say, I don’t have an awful lot of confidence that his stock will ever be quite as high again…. He might have another great season or two, but at an age where other big clubs will be less inclined to gamble. I’d love to keep him if he was happy to sit out during his poor periods, but I don’t think he is.

M16Red

Bottled one or two tackles, players know they can run off him.

6.1" built like a athlete, mentally of a big baby.

SAFMUTD

His decision making is frustrating, he isn't a young player anymore and he still makes the same mistakes.

I'd love it if we could sell him in summer and replace him with someone like Chiesa.
Chiesa living of that euros performance harder than James Rodriguez did from that World cup it seems