View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Doracle

Decent performance. Really should have shot when he beat Cash on one occasion but tried to pick out Højlund and similarly should have taken Cash on when he again tried to pick out Højlund again a bit later. Otherwise, decision making was pretty solid and his touch and pace was a constant threat. Front 3 generally had solid games I thought.

Vidooq

Saw a super slow mo clip of vinicius junior during the week, he's dribbling at speed and his head is up 90% of the time. I genuinely believe it could be as simple as that as this level- rashford can 'do everything', but doing it at speed, with your head up to have enough awareness of everything around you is what helps to make good decisions. Rashford has decided what to do before ever looking up, he'll decide he's going to cut the ball back without looking, he'll decide hes going to shoot without seeing the better option. When things are happening at full speed, he just isnt good enough, which is ironic given his pace is one of his better attributes
If it only was that easy of a fix. Dribbling with your head up is one of the most hardest things to do in football and its not an easy fix or something you can learn at 27. You either learn this when you are young, or you improve it only by more frequent scanning of your surroundings.

But having it 90% up, that's something that very low number of players in the World can do. Unfortunately for us, Rashford aint one of them.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Sometimes I feel like he plays like an 18 year old breaking into the first team, with his decision making but without the enthusiasm that those players usually have.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He’s been better of late but I’ve come to accept that Rashford’s football intelligence is just extremely basic and this will never change. He’s all about using his acceleration and getting a shot off - in terms of quality of buildup he’s nearly useless. This kind of footballer should be a squad option you bring in to hurt teams, rather than the poster boy / man.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Saw a super slow mo clip of vinicius junior during the week, he's dribbling at speed and his head is up 90% of the time. I genuinely believe it could be as simple as that as this level- rashford can 'do everything', but doing it at speed, with your head up to have enough awareness of everything around you is what helps to make good decisions. Rashford has decided what to do before ever looking up, he'll decide he's going to cut the ball back without looking, he'll decide hes going to shoot without seeing the better option. When things are happening at full speed, he just isnt good enough, which is ironic given his pace is one of his better attributes
He can’t do it. Rashford is fairly skilful and has pace to burn but his ball control and split second decision making is not good enough. Great dribblers have that extra time on the ball even in tight spaces - that’s why Messi in the modern game is unmatched he makes split second movements and manipulation’s in unfathomable ways. Rashford is the other end of the spectrum, his dribbling is completely untelligent and rather than moment to moment decision relies instead on trial and error - he has a go at the defender, has a couple of tricks up his sleeve and if they work they work. Hence he ends up running into crowds so often.

M16Red

Needs to be dropped, simple as.

Lazy and very poor defensively. At this rate I'd take Antony over him on left, at least he puts in a shift.

Sell him to PSG, so sad really as he has it all in his locker, should be a 30 goal machine by now - mentality isn't there.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

Lazy and very poor defensively. At this rate I'd take Antony over him on left, at least he puts in a shift.

Sell him to PSG, so sad really as he has it all in his locker, should be a 30 goal machine by now - mentality isn't there.
Our right wing was poor defensively. Bailey is their best player and yet Shaw didn't have too many problems first half but Dalot was getting exposed a lot.

M16Red

Our right wing was poor defensively. Bailey is their best player and yet Shaw didn't have too many problems first half but Dalot was getting exposed a lot.
Did you watch the game? Or just match of the day.

Also McGinn is there best player, give a great interview after the game. He reminds me of Keane.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
so basically great footballing intelligence. He’s supposed to be in his prime, i highly doubt he’s magically going to improve on it when he’s not shown any signs the past few years.

Tango80

he is that kind of person that devide people...some go overboard and call him championship level and others call him our best player or similar. the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Edit:and with that, the more one side gets carried away the other side feels the need to respond.
There's plenty on here and other socials that have an agenda against him. That gets in the way of offering a more unbiased view. But I think on the other side people go overboard in praise as a more anti agenda than pro Rashford angle if anything.

I look at that attacking front three as a unit. I like it and would be happy with giving that time to gel more and more.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
i must have watched a different game, apart from the run with the tame shot he did nothing to say he looked comfortable dribbling
Fascinating.
The stats back it up to be fair - 3 dribbles completed (joint 2nd most of anyone on the pitch), only dispossessed once and only misplaced 3 passes.

Ulitmately though, considering he's spent most of this season looking like he's about to trip over his own feet anytime he has the ball, I would definitely say yesterday he looked way more comfortable... was doing skills/tricks that actually paid off, succesfully took people on... lad even did a piroutte in the Villa box!

SER19

If it only was that easy of a fix. Dribbling with your head up is one of the most hardest things to do in football and its not an easy fix or something you can learn at 27. You either learn this when you are young, or you improve it only by more frequent scanning of your surroundings.

But having it 90% up, that's something that very low number of players in the World can do. Unfortunately for us, Rashford aint one of them.
Ya it cant be fixed, thats what im saying. He wont improve from here so we should sell him while he might get a half decent fee, not when hes 32 and sent to Miami for a tenner

SER19

so basically great footballing intelligence. He’s supposed to be in his prime, i highly doubt he’s magically going to improve on it when he’s not shown any signs the past few years.
hes not. we should sell him

TwoSheds

Also McGinn is there best player, give a great interview after the game. He reminds me of Keane.
Perhaps you should go back and watch it again, they had a lot of joy in behind Garnacho in the first half. And Bailey was far better than McGinn who was well below his best level.

Mainoonited99

He talked some bollocks about if they scored from one of their earlier chances they'd have gone onto win the game 4-1.

NWR

Smile you miserable old git
He is producing way short of what he is capable of. He is the most frustrating player in our team.
I would have no problems with selling him in the summer.

Irwin99

He was good
Like i said yesterday he wasn't bad I just feel he's being a bit overshadowed by Hojlund (goals) and Garnacho who is inconsistent, frustrating but always involved and hardworking. You have to remember as well we're expecting huge things from Rashford because of last season and his enormous contract and it's not quite working out this season.

We need him big time if we have a hope of getting top 4 but if he keeps this up i just can't see the logic in keeping him when we've got players like Mainoo, Garnacho and Hojlund who are clearly the future if they keep putting the work in.

Rojofiam

Yeah I have no clue why people are saying he was bad yesterday. Our entire attack was pretty good, we just refuse to exercise some composure in the midfield between Bruno and Casemiro
He makes a lot of difficult things seem easy to do, like the two or three instances he just seamlessly carried the ball through Villa's half all the way up to their box yesterday

I myself have been guilty of downplaying some of his performances as well. His decision making can often be abhorrent, but he's one of the most dangerous players with the ball at his feet and there are few outlets like him in the league.

Ludens the Red

Yeah I have no clue why people are saying he was bad yesterday. Our entire attack was pretty good, we just refuse to exercise some composure in the midfield between Bruno and Casemiro
well over 250 people anonymously and unconnected voted him the weakest performer on the pitch yesterday (5.1/10) out of every player. Maybe the clue is there?

Valencia Shin Crosses

well over 250 people anonymously and unconnected voted him the weakest performer on the pitch yesterday (5.1/10) out of every player. Maybe the clue is there?
The clue of what? People having shit opinions? I mean I guess so. Look I’m as big of a Rashford critic as they come and have already said he should be sold this summer if we can get a good fee for him, but yesterday he was good. Our issues were tactics based, individually I thought everyone in the team was fine.

He was good
If you only care about what happens on the ball and ignore everything else.

He was subbed off because he was an outright liability defensively, spent the second half hanging our left-back out to dry and had just bottled out of two successive 50/50s.

Ten Hag even made of point of saying that Garnacho was switched to the left to add a defensive contribution.

NWR

Smile you miserable old git
He was subbed off because he was an outright liability defensively, spent the second half hanging our left-back out to dry and had just bottled out of two successive 50/50s.

Ten Hag even made of point of saying that Garnacho was switched to the left to add a defensive contribution.
Spot on

M16Red

Perhaps you should go back and watch it again, they had a lot of joy in behind Garnacho in the first half. And Bailey was far better than McGinn who was well below his best level.
John McGinn for Aston Villa in the first half:

◉ Most touches in opp. box (8)
◉ Most shots (4)
◉ Most shots on target (2)
◉= Most chances created (2)

Also the highest pass completion rate at 98%

Even the corner, Lindelof passed down the left, Cash intercepted running off Rashford creating an overload 5 vs 4.

M16Red

He talked some bollocks about if they scored from one of their earlier chances they'd have gone onto win the game 4-1.
Guess talking about cohesion, cultures and team work isn't for you? Probably should have said "we're happy with the result, they are man utd"

Ludens the Red

The clue of what? People having shit opinions? I mean I guess so. Look I’m as big of a Rashford critic as they come and have already said he should be sold this summer if we can get a good fee for him, but yesterday he was good. Our issues were tactics based, individually I thought everyone in the team was fine.
Majority of the cafe had shit opinions on this one matter? But you’re the correct one…Hmm.
He got rated a 5. Which is basically saying he was bang average. In general when we win people are likely to be more generous with their ratings too.
Honestly, he wasn’t good. Him getting the ball a lot and “looking dangerous” does not constitute as a good performance unless you have such low standards of him. Yet again he is in an attack with two players six years his junior, yet his decision making and end product is worse than theirs. He received the ball so much yet I don’t recall one good shot or one key pass.

And don’t get me started on the defensive side of his game yesterday. Embarrassing, again this is an academy lad we’re talking about. Shirking every 50/50, not tracking back. Absolutely nothing ‘fine’ about that performance. Though I guess it was fine compared to what he produces 90% of the time, which is usually a 2/3 out of 10.

Valencia Shin Crosses

If you only care about what happens on the ball and ignore everything else.

I agree with this as well, but people aren’t qualifying that they are talking about his defensive work when they say he was rubbish

Doracle

He was good
It is odd watching him play and then coming on here and then reading some of the opinions about him. It’s like people are watching entirely different matches.

Easily the best of our attackers and I thought Garnacho and Hojlund both had good games as well. He’s been consistently good in every match since the first Villa match, after a dodgy spell in November/early December.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Majority of the cafe had shit opinions on this one matter? But you’re the correct one…Hmm.
He got rated a 5. Which is basically saying he was bang average. In general when we win people are likely to be more generous with their ratings too.
Honestly, he wasn’t good. Him getting the ball a lot and “looking dangerous” does not constitute as a good performance unless you have such low standards of him. Yet again he is in an attack with two players six years his junior, yet his decision making and end product is worse than theirs. He received the ball so much yet I don’t recall one good shot or one key pass.

And don’t get me started on the defensive side of his game yesterday. Embarrassing, again this is an academy lad we’re talking about. Shirking every 50/50, not tracking back. Absolutely nothing ‘fine’ about that performance. Though I guess it was fine compared to what he produces 90% of the time, which is usually a 2/3 out of 10.
This is what I saw yesterday too. He’s been better the last game or two with his enthusiasm for the defensive side. He was checked out again yesterday when we were up against it and provided absolutely nothing from an attacking standpoint.

TwoSheds

John McGinn for Aston Villa in the first half:

◉ Most touches in opp. box (8)
◉ Most shots (4)
◉ Most shots on target (2)
◉= Most chances created (2)

Also the highest pass completion rate at 98%

Even the corner, Lindelof passed down the left, Cash intercepted running off Rashford creating an overload 5 vs 4.
Well that certainly proves me wrong. Overwhelming stats those, and Lindelof famously playing in the first half that I'm referring to. I'm sure judging our left side after a right footed CB who has never played LB had to deputise there would make sense to someone.

M16Red

Well that certainly proves me wrong. Overwhelming stats those, and Lindelof famously playing in the first half that I'm referring to. I'm sure judging our left side after a right footed CB who has never played LB had to deputise there would make sense to someone.
What are you on about?

Below is where this all started, you started banging on about a right - I just said defensive he's poor.

If he was better at that side of the game we'd be less open on that side and he'd probably have more chances to counter.

TwoSheds

What are you on about?

Below is where this all started, you started banging on about a right - I just said defensive he's poor.

If he was better at that side of the game we'd be less open on that side and he'd probably have more chances to counter.
And I said Garnacho was the one getting caught out in the first half, not Rashford, when they both had a proper full back behind them, despite the fact Bailey is Villa's most dangerous player. I think my English is quite clear tbf.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I'd say on the ball he's certainly looked better in recent weeks. Its just his effort off it.