4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Eriksen is too slow to pull out of challenges, on their first goal, poor positioning maybe, the first effort was mishit and blocked, and the second was a rocket that was in the goal before anyone could really move, no one pulled out of anything

As for options, quite honestly you could put Maguire upfront and he'd do better than Rashford, even McT wou;d be worth a try
If you watch the 1st goal back, Varane after the initial attempt tries to get in, but he hardly puts his body on the line and appears to turn in the same way Rashford does. Eriksen definitely pulled out of challenges, it was commented on by a few on here from what I saw.
Do you think it was only Rashford that didn't give 100% in your opinion, or was the only one guilty of pulling out of challenges, or do you think there were other culprits?

red.knight

Marcus Rashford is a true representation of where United actually are and have been for 10 years. Utterly mediocre

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
If you watch the 1st goal back, Varane after the initial attempt tries to get in, but he hardly puts his body on the line and appears to turn in the same way Rashford does. Eriksen definitely pulled out of challenges, it was commented on by a few on here from what I saw.
Do you think it was only Rashford that didn't give 100% in your opinion, or was the only one guilty of pulling out of challenges, or do you think there were other culprits?
In Rashford's case it's a continual pattern, yesterday's game was far from a one-off, every player pulls out of challenges at, sometimes because they realise they aren't going to win or it's in a dangerous area and yes sometimes because they don't want to get hurt, I'm afraid that in a lot of caseswith Rashford it looks as if he doesn't care

lex talionis

This was last week when we were trying to hold on to a lead against the mighty Luton and Ross Barkley. Today was worse.
That’s a horrifying watch.

I’m not as bothered about Marcus going in full body into 50/50 balls as I am his overall absence of effort in situations where he’s not in a position to score.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Why does ETH keep picking him then?
In my opinion he keeps selecting him due to not wanting to cause anymore drama/distractions. First it was Ronaldo, then it was Sancho, and on top of that if we there's also the Rashford drama, then it will cause further instability in the team.

And with the team missing key players throughout the season, through injury, it's actually sensible to work around with what you have, rather than enforce a playstyle which the current set of players are either unable to implement or in Rashford's case he can't be bothered to apply the press in coordination with his team mates.

Solskjaer just recently was quoted as saying that he never quite knew what kind of team was going to go out on the pitch when he was the manager. And imo he was specifically talking about players within the team who couldn't be bothered to turn up to play on certain occasions. He praised some players for their effort and commitment but it's not hard to see who he was talking about with his comments.

The culture of a football club begins with the ownership who then employ people to enforce that culture. But if the owners themselves only care about making money, then the culture will deteriorate. And that's exactly what's happened in this case, and maybe Ratcliffe can make a difference in that regard.

For me I'd sell Rashford, our game has to be centred around what each player does on the ball but also what he does off the ball. And Rashford's game on the ball play isn't anywhere near good enough to make up for his lack of effort and desire out of possession. When we buy players to come into our dressing room, it's important to have senior players present that lead from the front and not hide from the front. It sets a example to follow.

Some of us put more effort into our posts on the forum than Rashford does attempting to win the ball back.

Jeffthered

I think it’s fairly obvious that he doesn’t give a shit about football
I also think his mind is elsewhere, because he has a 1000 plans and projects off-field and this conflicts with being a proper Manchester United player. He doesn't know how to be a top modern, young footballer.

Stretfordender

When you’ve got players like Rashford who now consider themselves bigger than the club, we’ll never succeed. Times have changed but not that much show him the door get him gone.

clarkydaz

In my opinion he keeps selecting him due to not wanting to cause anymore drama/distractions. First it was Ronaldo, then it was Sancho, and on top of that if we there's also the Rashford drama, then it will cause further instability in the team.

And with the team missing key players throughout the season, through injury, it's actually sensible to work around with what you have, rather than enforce a playstyle which the current set of players are either unable to implement or in Rashford's case he can't be bothered to apply the press in coordination with his team mates.

Solskjaer just recently was quoted as saying that he never quite knew what kind of team was going to go out on the pitch when he was the manager. And imo he was specifically talking about players within the team who couldn't be bothered to turn up to play on certain occasions. He praised some players for their effort and commitment but it's not hard to see who he was talking about with his comments.
Ole's quote from that recent interview was some players think they are better than they are. Quite pointed, as he rarely talks negative

-Supreme-

The culture of a football club begins with the ownership who then employ people to enforce that culture. But if the owners themselves only care about making money, then the culture will deteriorate. And that's exactly what's happened in this case, and maybe Ratcliffe can make a difference in that regard.

For me I'd sell Rashford, our game has to be centred around what each player does on the ball but also what he does off the ball. And Rashford's game on the ball play isn't anywhere near good enough to make up for his lack of effort and desire out of possession. When we buy players to come into our dressing room, it's important to have senior players present that lead from the front and not hide from the front. It sets a example to follow.

Some of us put more effort into our posts on the forum than Rashford does attempting to win the ball back.
I don’t know if people remember this, Ole was forced to apologies after he openly told Rashford that he should spend more time on the pitch instead of his PR campaign, subsequently Ole back-tracked what he said and apologise to people that what he said wasn’t what he meant to say at a press conference with Rashford sat right next to him.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
In Rashford's case it's a continual pattern, yesterday's game was far from a one-off, every player pulls out of challenges at, sometimes because they realise they aren't going to win or it's in a dangerous area and yes sometimes because they don't want to get hurt, I'm afraid that in a lot of caseswith Rashford it looks as if he doesn't care
Do you think it was only Rashford though, do you think if we drop him we will have a fully committed and hard working side?

georgipep

In my previous post in a different thread I made it clear that I didn't blame the attackers for what happened in the game and gave reasons as to what I believe the problem is. But that still doesn't absolve Rashford for a complete lack of professionalism, where he can't be bothered to do the bare minimum out of possession. That's a disgrace.

If we sold Rashford in the summer, and replaced him with someone who ends up scoring less but elevates our game out of possession, we as a team will score more goals as a collective unit over the course of the season imo.
Recent numbers showing total distance ran and per 90 had Rashford in second place only after Bruno.

Keep in mind that no player does as many high intensity runs per 90 as Rashford who is a constant outlet and danger running behind the defence.

That takes a lot of energy. I think a lot of his defensive lapses are tactically accepted.

Vidooq

It's more than just Rashford.
You have to start from somewhere. The fact that we dont have a suitable replacement for Rashford is the reason why he plays and why I have sympathy, to an extent, for Ten Hag. You cant put Garnacho in his place, as that would imply Antony being back in the squad. Sancho is out. Same with Bruno, as Mount is nowhere to be seen.

If Martinelli is not fit, or not playing well, they have Trossard. If Luiz Diaz is out, they have Jota. We need numbers across the complete first 11.

My point was, if there is competition, it will be much easier to leave people out. This way, even if Rashford takes a damp in the centre circle of Old Trafford, he will still play in the first eleven. And for me, this is a huge problem, that has to be addressed for next season. Because not dealing with tactical ill-discipline will only encourage other players to do the same.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Recent numbers showing total distance ran and per 90 had Rashford in second place only after Bruno.

Keep in mind that no player does as many high intensity runs per 90 as Rashford who is a constant outlet and danger running behind the defence.

That takes a lot of energy. I think a lot of his defensive lapses are tactically accepted.
Running in-behind with intent is mostly his game. And that's the problem, and it's not something that should be accepted if the aim is to create a system of play where being proactive rather than reactive is the way forward. I also wouldn't expect forwards to expend most of their energy looking to run in-behind at the expense of the press and counter press because then you've resorted to playing football in transition rather than implementing a proactive attacking play style where all the players are expected to contribute in possession along with applying a press in coordination with the rest of the team.

KjaAnd

I’m happy someone in the media is finally calling him out for it. I’m a huge fan of his and used to hope that someone inside the club would give his head a wobble but it just isn’t happening. He’s showing no desire, no hunger, no passion, no urgency, no fight. It cannot be allowed to happen.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
That contract he got :lol:
Ridiculous then and even worse now
If he had reproduced last seasons goals, it wouldn't have been ridiculous, but we really should have know better that it wouldn't happen. He has never been a regular 30 goal a season man.

EdinburghDevil

If PSG are still interested I would sell him at this stage. The purple patches he's had are the exception, not the rule.

It will also shift a huge wage earning and give us headroom financially to try and improve this squad.

Pughnichi

I don’t believe he thinks he’s bigger than the club. I also don’t believe he thinks he’ll decide when he stays or goes.

But I am of the opinion that he has already achieved what he set out to do …to make it as a pro footballer in the epl

And now he’s there, on that contract…he’s just lost all desire to push himself, improve himself and leave the pitch in ruins for the team…which makes him (in my eyes) the complete unprofessional.

The antithesis of Ronaldo’s drive to be the best he can be. Which is such a shame because the ability was there to be unlocked. It’s too late now though. He’s wasted too many years plodding along

This is why I want him gone. It’s a poor attitude, from a supposed senior player…that can only have a detrimental impact on others around him

Sylar

If he had reproduced last seasons goals, it wouldn't have been ridiculous, but we really should have know better that it wouldn't happen. He has never been a regular 30 goal a season man.
It would have still been ridiculous. Weve given him a contract as if he's carrying is to trophies, based on more of a second half of season spell for us. We haven't learnt from past mistakes

The Red Thinker

Honestly wouldn’t care if he scored 15 goals to get us to Top 4. When the chips are down, he wilts. That is not a mindset that can be changed at this stage of his career. We need less momentum players and more discipline. Encash on his value now and build anew.

Juicy Juiced

This is what you get when the club bends over the player.

Should move on before he start to have bad influence on younger players. Imagine being Mainoo watching Rashford not giving a feck and still getting a big bag.

Should call his Barca bluff few seasons ago. And I hope in future when any agents start to speak about another clubs, club will tell them to pack the stuff and feck off.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I’m happy someone in the media is finally calling him out for it. I’m a huge fan of his and used to hope that someone inside the club would give his head a wobble but it just isn’t happening. He’s showing no desire, no hunger, no passion, no urgency, no fight. It cannot be allowed to happen.
Won't make a difference to Rashford. He'll score some random goal, do a shush celebration and then continue playing shite for the next few weeks.

NICanRed

I can't bear to re-watch Saturday's game to find the incident. On one occasion Marcus had the ball, someone took it off him and raced away. Marcus took a couple of steps and stopped. Surely when someone takes the ball off you your job is to win that back before they get going towards goal.
I will always support Manchester United and our players but that really was the icing on the cake for me. I am finished with him.

The Urban Goose

I don’t know if people remember this, Ole was forced to apologies after he openly told Rashford that he should spend more time on the pitch instead of his PR campaign, subsequently Ole back-tracked what he said and apologise to people that what he said wasn’t what he meant to say at a press conference with Rashford sat right next to him.
It's also very obvious that Rashford was one of the players Ole was referring to with that recent "disappointed with some senior players attitudes, even refusing the captaincy".

The Urban Goose

I can't bear to re-watch Saturday's game to find the incident. On one occasion Marcus had the ball, someone took it off him and raced away. Marcus took a couple of steps and stopped. Surely when someone takes the ball off you your job is to win that back before they get going towards goal.
I will always support Manchester United and our players but that really was the icing on the cake for me. I am finished with him.
Contrast that with Rooney before he fell off the cliff. No wonder standards have been shot since Fergie left.

Dansk

Why would PSG even want him? Unless we gave him away for a pittance and he agreed to a huge drop in wages wherever he ended up, I can't see anybody going for him. He's been a complete zero for an entire season, very often the worst player on the pitch, and it's clear that he doesn't care in the slightest about the club that has done everything for him. If I was some other club, I wouldn't touch him. If this insulting lack of interest is what he offers his boyhood club who bent over backwards for him, giving him endless chances and exorbitant wages, how much less would he do for some other club that he ends up at because we don't want him anymore? He has spent a whole season informing the world that he doesn't intend to earn his keep.

Grande

I don’t believe he thinks he’s bigger than the club. I also don’t believe he thinks he’ll decide when he stays or goes.

But I am of the opinion that he has already achieved what he set out to do …to make it as a pro footballer in the epl

And now he’s there, on that contract…he’s just lost all desire to push himself, improve himself and leave the pitch in ruins for the team…which makes him (in my eyes) the complete unprofessional.

The antithesis of Ronaldo’s drive to be the best he can be. Which is such a shame because the ability was there to be unlocked. It’s too late now though. He’s wasted too many years plodding along

This is why I want him gone. It’s a poor attitude, from a supposed senior player…that can only have a detrimental impact on others around him
This sounds like a more realistic take

Hughes35

He's been shit for years apart form 4 or 5 months. I've said for years he's an awful footballer.

Jus hope we haven't missed the window of selling him for decent money.

Jean-Philippe Jason

Supports
Belgian red devils
Why would PSG even want him? Unless we gave him away for a pittance and he agreed to a huge drop in wages wherever he ended up, I can't see anybody going for him. He's been a complete zero for an entire season, very often the worst player on the pitch, and it's clear that he doesn't care in the slightest about the club that has done everything for him. If I was some other club, I wouldn't touch him. If this insulting lack of interest is what he offers his boyhood club who bent over backwards for him, giving him endless chances and exorbitant wages, how much less would he do for some other club that he ends up at because we don't want him anymore? He has spent a whole season informing the world that he doesn't intend to earn his keep.
Excellent. Nothing more to add.

AndySmith1990

He's been shit for years apart form 4 or 5 months. I've said for years he's an awful footballer.

Jus hope we haven't missed the window of selling him for decent money.
We threw away any opportunity to sell Rashford when he signed that new contract. I very much doubt PSG are too eager to sign a lazy sulky player with a fraction of the talent of Mbappe

Hughes35

We threw away any opportunity to sell Rashford when he signed that new contract. I very much doubt PSG are too eager to sign a lazy sulky player with a fraction of the talent of Mbappe
I think PSG might still be interested. If they are we should be shipping him out without a moments thought.

AngliaRed

Sell as soon as a buyer comes in.

He’s lazy with a bad attitude.

He doesnt even take players on or dribble anymore, the 2 things that Rashford used to do so well.

His attitude & desire to challenge for a loose ball or go up for a header tells us all exactly what he thinks about the club.

Lingard
Sancho
Martial
Rashford

See the pattern?

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
Of course not, did I say that? Replying to a question with a further question suggests you have no answer for the initial one.
Somewhat ironic coming from someone that replied to a question with 3 questions, isn't it?

Again, i just don't see your point but it's tempting to interpret it in a certain direction... Obviously, it should be well known by now that we struggle when our two most important defenders, Shaw and Martinez, are out . Especially when they are injured at the same time, because they are vital when it comes to passing out from the back and going forward with the ball. Their replacements are nowhere near the required level, but you can't really fault their commitment.