5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Born2Lose

If Ole and the fans really want this team winning trophies again then if we can improve on Rashford we should do it.

As SAF used to say Manchester United is a bus that waits for no one.

Lewnited

I can understand his inconsistency with the ball at his feet and he's quite clearly improving on that front, but good lord is he shockingly poor defensively. I don't think I've ever seen him challenge for a header and he leaves gaping holes with his pressing. The clip above pretty much sums up his defensive effort for the night to be honest.

-Supreme-

Looking back some of his selfish decisions in attack along with this situation tonight and general lack of effort overall suggests to me that that he has an attitude problem.

We need to bring someone in to genuinely challenge his spot in the team.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
his competition should be Martial.

neither are competent strikers. Neither should at any point be shoehorned in on the right.

Between them, whoever is feeling the least lazy and on form, should be starting as the inside left fwd with Cavani and/or Greenwood up top.
I think we should evaluate the situation at the end of the season. Rashford at least puts in a decent performance at times but Martial for some reason has been consistently not his usual self. His usual self this season has been what we saw earlier tonight sadly. I would personally hope we go for someone like Grealish who isn't just extremely talented on the ball but also provides a high level of hunger and desire off the ball which is very important. We need competition of a high level on the left IMO.

stw2022

For a young player either he’s deceptively unfit or his work rate is atrocious. This is the kind of unacceptable shit his team mates would have dug him out for once upon a time let alone what Fergie would have done.

Sorry to say but I would be surprised if Ole has even noticed. The fact he is still walking about the pitch hardly indicates he’s been picked up on it.

Decent player but his development has been terminally affected by the curse that affects a lot of young players who bust on the scene and make an impact and that’s thinking he’s the dog’s bollocks prematurely. See it so often, players reach a certain level and then they stop working as hard. He walks around the pitch like in his head he’s Eric Cantona. I’m not sure he’ll change now.

Wayne's World

Truly awful tonight but he was sensational on Sunday against Liverpool. For that alone that gives him a pass on criticism but he needs to improve because he had too many 3 good performances out of 10 games.

Red & White

His work rate seems to have taken a bit of a dip. I made a post on here a while back saying it looked like he had more of a ‘swag’ to his play, as he was in form. Now this is starting to look like he’s carrying a knock or lacking focus, unfortunately.

Mindhunter

I would defend him a bit today. Obviously he isn't at his best but there are mitigating circumstances. He limped out of the last game with Liverpool and was clearly not 100% for this game. Also, we continue to play musical chairs with his position depending on which side of the bed the manager got off that morning.

He is one of our primary goal threats this season and should simply we rewarded with the consistency of a nailed down position on the pitch. He is not the one we rotate to make space for unproductive players to play themselves into form. I am really frustrated with the lack of support he gets in general. Had he been a foreign recruit we bought from Europe for 100m then everybody would be up in arms about the treatment he is getting at the moment.

He either should be played upfront or occasionally on the left. On the right he is a liability. He isn't a right-winger and frankly a club like ours should stop pretending that we have expert wingers in Martial and Rashford and go out and buy players who can play those positions.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Truly awful tonight but he was sensational on Sunday against Liverpool. For that alone that gives him a pass on criticism but he needs to improve because he had too many 3 good performances out of 10 games.
Problem is he's been utter shite for over a month now. I've said it after the Wolves game when he scored that afluke goal and people actually attacked me for questioning him - he was piss poor that game aswell.
His overall gamepay has been absolute shambles after the Leipzig win he also has no consistency when it comes to decision making.
Both him and Martial are going to be the reason why we are where we are at the end of the season.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
If he didn't feel like playing this evening, he should have just told Ole.

Plymouth Red

I struggle to remember any United player since the 60s who‘s been put on a pedestal by so many yet can regularly put in displays like tonight’s and keep getting away with it.

His demeanour verges on unhealthy arrogance and his lack of effort undermines any claim that he is an elite player who is the future of the club.

The Emperor’s new clothes spring to mind too often after matches now.

AP88

Supports
Man City
No matter how much PR puppeteering his management team can come up with, they can’t spin the fact St Marcus is nothing more than a slightly above average footballer.

tjb

We can't depend on him to be our main forward. Kind of like Giggs, if we have more consistent players in our front three, Rashford's inconsistencies become less apparent. He can be an x factor for us, while the rest of the front 4 provide consistent production.

Frank Grimes

We can't depend on him to be our main forward. Kind of like Giggs, if we have more consistent players in our front three, Rashford's inconsistencies become less apparent. He can be an x factor for us, while the rest of the front 4 provide consistent production.
Giggs was 10 times the player Rashford is or ever will be. That is not nostalgia either.

Giggs was 10 times the player Rashford is or ever will be. That is not nostalgia either.
Saw some highlights of him today when I was flicking through the channels and it reminded me of what a great player he was.

At least once a game a commentator would say "there's no better sight in football than Ryan Giggs running at people". For some reason though, what always sticks in my mind is the absolute perfect slide tackle technique he had in his later years.

stw2022

No matter how much PR puppeteering his management team can come up with, they can’t spin the fact St Marcus is nothing more than a slightly above average footballer.

You know what type of reaction you’ll get to that but I wonder what part of his game people don’t think is average.

The ‘I’m a bigger fan because than you are because I do the protective mom act whenever an academy player gets called out’ routine aside, what would actually separate him from being a average player?

His touch is poor, his link play isn’t good, decision making atrocious, his finishing is ok but not more than you could expect from a forward player at this level. He doesn’t work hard, his defensive work is borderline criminal.

I get what people want to see when they see an academy lad out there. I don’t get why they have a hard time admitting when they’re not seeing what they want to see. Other than the Protective Mom award, I don’t get what others get out of the pretence that he’s very good.

Silverman

Zero effort, for the 20th time this season.

Doesn't press, doesn't track runners, does zero defensive work, bottles 50/50s, doesn't even ATTEMPT to contest headers, off-ball movement is 'when he feels like it'.

Cheating his teammates.

Don't care about his the 'but his numbers' argument at this point. Being better than Martial (which he certainly has been) isn't a credit to him. His lack of basic effort is unacceptable. He picks and chooses his matches. More than any player I can remember, you can literally tell in the first few minutes of any match if he's 'up for it'.

When he's 'off it' you can guarantee him always taking the easy option - hence the stupid flicks, sideways passes, and attempted one-twos to nobody instead of actually committing his man and running at defenders.
This! I'm a fan of his and really hope he sorts himself out but no point sugar coating it.
He genuinely looks like he doesn't care. I wonder if anything is wrong in his personal life.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He's probably the most infuriating United player because when he is on form, like he was against Liverpool, he's top class.
The pass and then the finish were exceptional over the weekend and yet he turns in that sh*t display. What the heck is wrong with these players ?

el3mel

This is harsh. I think he's a great player on his day, but he seems to be playing with the ego of prime Ronaldo with lazy work rate and trying to make a big showdown in every ball on his own. His work rate off the ball is terrible and he's not Messi or Ronaldo to justify it. Ole should try to force him into working hard and thinking about his teammates again.

Frank Grimes

Saw some highlights of him today when I was flicking through the channels and it reminded me of what a great player he was.

At least once a game a commentator would say "there's no better sight in football than Ryan Giggs running at people". For some reason though, what always sticks in my mind is the absolute perfect slide tackle technique he had in his later years.
He had that slide tackle in his early years too.

stw2022

He's probably the most infuriating United player because when he is on form, like he was against Liverpool, he's top class.
The pass and then the finish were exceptional over the weekend and yet he turns in that sh*t display. What the heck is wrong with these players ?
Someone earlier referred to his Liverpool performance as “sensational”

Really don’t mean to be rude but I think both superlatives to describe that performance are ludicrous and a sign of how far fallen the expectations of our players has fallen

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The only press Rashford does is for the BBC.

He’s forgotten how to play unless he’s given space.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I don't mind if a player has a bad game but the lack of effort kills me. This is especially the case with Rash and Martial.

Just before Burke scored, you can see Bruno busting a gut trying to get back. In the background, Rashford and Martial are playing pogs. Ffs

Also, why do we always end up with undroppable players?

It was Rooney once, then Lukaku and now Rashford. That shit needs to stop.

Frank Grimes

Will never understand how he is so highly rated by both the media and United fans alike. Major flaws in his game and plays 1 decent/good game in 4. Apart from a 3 month spell last season he has shown no consistency in performance in his whole career. We can do a lot better.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Will never understand how he is so highly rated by both the media and United fans alike. Major flaws in his game and plays 1 decent/good game in 4. Apart from a 3 month spell last season he has shown no consistency in performance in his whole career. We can do a lot better.
But that involves the Glazers putting their hands in their pockets.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Looks like he's playing with a knock.

Red00012

Rashford has to be injured because there is no other excuse for his performance now. His workrate has dropped massively this season. He hardly even competes for first ball and doesn't track back. Cavani probably presses more than Martial and Rashford combined.
Sick of hearing this narrative about him. He’s just playing shit that is all .

Red00012

If Ole and the fans really want this team winning trophies again then if we can improve on Rashford we should do it.

As SAF used to say Manchester United is a bus that waits for no one.
Martial is a bigger problem but ya I agree

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Looks like he's playing with a knock.
Definitely. I was about to post the same.

I’m sure I remember when Ole first came in Rasford darting around like tevez closing down upfront, now he doesn’t bother, as if he’s holding back. His absolute no effort to contest for a header supports this too, as if he doesn’t want to aggrevate something, his shoulder maybe. He seems to hold back all game except for a few sprints

el3mel

If he's injured then he shouldn't be playing. This hurts the team and doesn't help it.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
If he's injured then he shouldn't be playing. This hurts the team and doesn't help it.
I kind of agree but options to replace him are not great at the moment and he does have that moment of brilliance in him, that kind people like saying Ole relies on. Less chance of Dan James providing that even when fully fit unfortunately

always_hoping

Should have sat out tonights game after the knock he got on Sunday. The injury played a part in his poor performance I bet.

tjb

Of course. My point being he can have moments of magic, but we have enough consistency around us that we don't need it most of the time.

stw2022

“Has an injury”

“Carrying a knock”

“Maybe personal issues”

I’m sure that would wash with Roy Keane if he was in the side.
“Don’t worry about tracking back Marcus lad, you’re carrying a knock and have things your mind”

Can almost hear it now. Maybe his real issue is fatigue through carrying other peoples excuses around with him.

Red_toad

Looking back some of his selfish decisions in attack along with this situation tonight and general lack of effort overall suggests to me that that he has an attitude problem.

We need to bring someone in to genuinely challenge his spot in the team.
Seriously? Guy feckin loves the club, he's been over untilised and is carrying numerous small knocks. He plays in a disjointed team, with no real style of play. His attitude is not the issue, there are far greater problems with our current team. I'm still amazed we've managed to climb to the top of the league at any point during this season.

jem

He was garbage today and the lack of effort in that clip is appalling (I was yelling at the TV when I saw that), but I am wondering what this PR puppeteerring is.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Rashford has become extremely lazy in his work rate. This has been the case for a long time. He just doesn't assist in defending and doesn't work that hard off the ball anymore. I like him a lot, but last time I think he was really a hard worker off the ball and in defensive situation was probably in 2017 or 2018.
I feel like he still had a good workrate during the 18/19 season. It's why a lot of us noticed immediately when 19/20 started that his workrate was so different.

Status
Not open for further replies.