Mario Balotelli

JP77

Win/win situation for basically everybody involved.

City get a decent fee, Milan get the striker they desperately need right now as they continue to completely overhaul and rebuild their squad and Balotelli goes to a club where he can be the main focus and be a regular starter, which he could never be given at City. A regular starting Balotelli will more than likely only grow in confidence, which means more form, which results in a better Balotelli.

Good deal for everybody involved here.

forevrared

This is probably what Mario wanted all along. He knew Inter wouldn't sell him to AC Milan, so he went to England and got paid a fat wage for a few years before orchestrating a move back to Italy to (probably) the only club he wanted to play for.

I will miss him in England and I feel comfortable saying that since he hasn't done much of anything for City. He was great entertainment off the pitch.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
So I guess there'll be a massive deadline day move involving a replacement then?

I'm surprised it's taken them this long to let him go. Balotelli doesn't look like he's worth the trouble. It would take a massive change in his personality for him to fulfil his potential. As it stands he's been disrupting the stability at their club since he signed and made them a laughing stock. You feel that any success they've had has largely been in spite of him.

So I guess there'll be a massive deadline day move involving a replacement then?
I wouldn't rule it out. The night the Sheikh's moved in at City was pretty shocking. They'll flash their cash if they get even a glimpse of a top striker for sale.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
David Villa has been linked with Arsenal - if he's for sale then City can easily handle his wages.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
This is probably what Mario wanted all along. He knew Inter wouldn't sell him to AC Milan, so he went to England and got paid a fat wage for a few years before orchestrating a move back to Italy to (probably) the only club he wanted to play for.

I will miss him in England and I feel comfortable saying that since he hasn't done much of anything for City. He was great entertainment off the pitch.
Lets hope Augero is doing the same. Real via City.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Would not rule anything out where those maniacs are concerned. I'm sure they'll make a play for Suarez at some point. If they want him, they'll tap him up now, get him to hand a transfer request in then move in the summer.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Tevez is a nothing player these days. Almost as useless as Balotelli.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Imagine a team containing Suarez and Tevez.

That amount of cuntishness in one concentrated area for a long period of time could possibly finally cause the apocalypse.

Sam

Why the feck is this on the BBC news? And not just as a mention, but a full on report.

Reports painting him as some sort of footballing genius, a hero. Interviews with City fans, interviews with the manager. Clips of him driving off in his car.

fecking hell, what is wrong with the media?

Drainy

In fairness, even on this forum some people have a very inflated view of how good a player Balotelli is.

Amazing what one great game against the Germans can do to your reputation.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Well, Mario did always make the headlines for off the pitch antics, there's no difference here with him making the headlines with more off the pitch activity.

Castia

Back pages tomorrow suggest City want David Villa to replace him.

Brightonian

Back pages tomorrow suggest City want David Villa to replace him.
Of the various 'superstar' options, that would worry me least. I reckon he's not too far off being a spent force. Even the inevitable boost he'd get from getting away from Barca can't change the fact that the injuries have cost him his explosiveness.

Falcao or Cavani would be more ominous.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The Mirror are the worst for making up rumours. They fabricated quotes for David Silva, Sneijder and Alexis Sanchez in consecutive summers. Totally made up quotes that spread round twitter and they were forced to apologise to the players. I guess they didn't think the players would hear about them as none of them spoke English and lived on the continent.

Brophs

The One and Only
Villa's class but after that leg break I'd be pretty concerned you wouldn't end up getting the same player. He'd be a big investment at his age.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I am sad because he is leaving City, I think most of their poor results this year came with him in starting XI, but I'm fecking glad I won't have to listen about every shit he does.

And Milan are idiots for buying him, they have so much problems in their team, and they do what, spend 20m on idiot.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

Inter would have sold him to Milan no problem, Italian clubs don't really have any issue with selling players to their rivals.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Slightly surprised to see him end up going in this window, though I'd guess City must have a replacement semi lined up by now anyway. Would have preferred him to stay at City to be honest, his antics and negative impacts where out weighing what he brought to the club. In the end they got a decent price for him as well considering the extra's that he comes with. Hopefully they don't just replace him with a better player now.

gbgary

I am sad because he is leaving City..., I think most of their poor results this year came with him in starting XI, but I'm fecking glad I won't have to listen about every shit he does.

And Milan are idiots for buying him, they have so much problems in their team, and they do what, spend 20m on idiot.
me too. he was holding them back. between tevez and balocunti drama they couldn't focus. they only need to rid themselves of tevez now.