Mario Balotelli

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Although the Balotelli circus helped to derail City at various times, and he was good for a regular meltdown, there was always the fear that he might suddenly stop pissing about and become amazing.

At least this way he won't do it at City.

Hopefully this has come way too late for them to bring another striker in, so they'll be cutting it fine on just the 3 now.

With Tevez one of them, there's always the potential for some new stunt to be pulled there, where he just pisses off for months again.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
City are stupid and will get some big name striker and then either that striker, Tevez, Aguero or Dzeko will get pissed at not having enough game time and then leave and the cycle will repeat. They would be better off buying a young striker with potential rather than a big name.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ola-claims-England-will-regret-striker-s-exit

My favourite bit was this '"In England they'll regret Balotelli for a long time, Raiola told Sky Sport Italia. "He is an extreme talent. England has only seen 50 per cent of what he can do.

"Balotelli is a cultural asset. We have decreased by 50 per cent the value of the Premier League and improved by 50 per cent the value of Serie A'

What an utter prick.

coolredwine

lameredboots
http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ola-claims-England-will-regret-striker-s-exit

My favourite bit was this '"In England they'll regret Balotelli for a long time, Raiola told Sky Sport Italia. "He is an extreme talent. England has only seen 50 per cent of what he can do.

"Balotelli is a cultural asset. We have decreased by 50 per cent the value of the Premier League and improved by 50 per cent the value of Serie A'

What an utter prick.
That guy is bollocks spouting machine. :lol:

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy
That guy is bollocks spouting machine. :lol:
Worse than that, he's full of shit.

Balotelli wouldn't even make United's first team, and I do acknowledge that Welbeck is on the first team. Welbz is having a rough go right now, but I'll take Welbeck every day of the week over Balotelli.

My only regret is that Mancini wised up as soon as he did.

Fukk off, Mario.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
That interview is 40mins long. Any chance of pointing out the good bits?

Varun

Staff
That interview is 40mins long. Any chance of pointing out the good bits?
Havent seen the entire thing myself but from the comments that have been talked about. He refused to answer the reporter from Sun even before he asked the question because he believes the SUN wrote bad things about him. He also said that the only good thing about England was training and the club while everything else was bad.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Havent seen the entire thing myself but from the comments that have been talked about. He refused to answer the reporter from Sun even before he asked the question because he believes the SUN wrote bad things about him. He also said that the only good thing about England was training and the club while everything else was bad.
Yep. In their article today they threw their toys out of the pram attacking Balotelli even more:

MARIO BALOTELLI needed just 14 minutes to get his first rollicking back in Milan.

And it happened live on TV during his helter-skelter presentation to the world here at the San Siro.

It came after a question by RAI, the Italian national broadcaster, regarding Milan president Silvio Berlusconi’s comment a few weeks ago that he was a ‘rotten apple’.

Berlusconi’s words were reported by all the major media outlets after pictures of Balotelli grappling with his then Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini at training went around the globe.

That almost spelt the end of Milan’s pursuit of the striker but just weeks later, here he was following his £19.5million move from City this week.

Balotelli responded: “I was in Manchester and didn’t hear it. I heard it later when my agent was already speaking to the club. The president has already excused himself for saying that... ”

At that point no-nonsense Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani butted in to show Balotelli that he cannot put a foot wrong at the Rossoneri.

Turning to Balotelli he said: “Sorry, you don’t know this but I do.

“The president has already said he’s never said such a thing, which is a bit different. Thank you for the question and I will answer it myself.

“The president has never excused himself. This is my answer to the journalist. I see the questions and I am older than you and I understand the meaning of the questions better than you.”

So out of the frying pan and into the fire, Mario. Balotelli smiled, embarrassed and cut down to size in front of the watching world media.

There were 130 journalists and TV crews from countries as far away as China, while the event was streamed live on YouTube in hundreds of countries by Milan’s official channel.

Balotelli, 22, blamed everyone but himself for his ROTTEN years in England. He blamed the English newspapers and insisted he had no regrets.

Don’t worry Mario. We all know it was the English papers that set your house on fire with fireworks, crashed your cars, got involved in training ground punch-ups with your team-mates AND with your manager.

The Italian international striker insisted he will only miss his team-mates and hates English food and the weather. It was minus two degrees outside the San Siro yesterday, by the way.

So welcome home then to the bright sunshine Mario.

He said: “No, I don’t have regrets about my time in England. I have to say thanks to all the City fans because they’ve been very nice to me.

“They always supported me in the bad moments. I have to thank my team-mates and my manager.

“As for everything else, I am happy that I left England. The good things were only when I went to Carrington to train, my team-mates and manager. And bad things everything else.

“The Press. The weather. The food. The way I like to drive and that’s it.”

Funny he should say the way he ‘likes’ to drive, given the way he crashed his Audi R8 days after arriving in England.

At least Balotelli admitted the Premier League is superior to Serie A and even admitted that he had to look for another club after he was frozen out of first-team football by fed-up Mancini.

He said: “I have to be honest, English football is beautiful.

“And, if I can say, it is ahead of the Italian League.

“But in England I wasn’t playing so I had this dream to play for Milan and to be close to my family and to my friends.

“To be honest the Premier League is an amazing League. I think it’s the best.

“The crowd, the pitches are really amazing. I don’t know for the future if I could go back or not. For the moment I want to be here.”

But his parting shot was typical Balotelli. He said: “You don’t need to understand me, I don’t care.”

And the maverick striker continued: “It does not weigh heavily on me. It’s an honour to play for Milan.

“I’m already a man. I want to play as soon as possible.

“To be back in Milan is important — above all — because I am close to my family and my friends. Manchester is not close to Milan.

“To play for Milan has always been a dream and so I am happy. But I want to do my talking on the pitch.

“I left three years ago. I have grown up and I am here to win. I want to be the protagonist and win.”

He will certainly be the protagonist all right.

The last word, of course, has to go to Galliani, a man who has run the Italian giants with an iron fist for 27 years.

He said: “I hope I won’t have reason to occupy myself and I hope there won’t be a reason to deal with anything.”

Well, here’s hoping to that, Signore.

I like how they say he blamed the English papers when he only really mentioned The Sun. Such a bitter article.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
I know he's a City player, but some of the stuff on here is just wack.
I mean c'mon, you don't have to like him, but atleast admit he's got a ton of potential, is still very young and therefore more than capable of "turning it around".
He's immature, yes, but the press hardly did him any good. People don't even realise how much their heads are turned by the press.

I hope it's not in the PL or against us in another competition, but I do feel as if he'll shut a few people up

hp88

Didn't watch the game but he scored twice on his debut, the second goal was an injury time winner.

Amir

He nearly scored inside 35 or 40 seconds, it was just past the post. But we always knew he has the ability. It's the sustainability that's the major problem. Good start, he loves them, they love him. We'll see where they're at in a year's time...

Count Orduck

Didn't watch the game but he scored twice on his debut, the second goal was an injury time winner.
It was a penalty, but you have to feel sorry for Udinese, because it was never a spot kick: the Udinese defender won the ball quite obviously.

But then when you're playing against Berlusconi's team, giving a debut to their new golden boy, with the Italian refs having such a sterling reputation...

Crustanoid

Something I read the other day sums him up. He should never be considered as up there with any of the other wayward talents because he doesn't even try to do it on the pitch. He's all about the money. His off the pitch 'antics' can't even be forgiven, because he's never given a feck on the pitch.

Archetypal mercenary

Proud_Lyon

Banned Cnut
Since his move from Manchester City to AC Milan, it seems as though he is flavour of the month on the Caf all of a sudden. As far as I'm concerned, he shamed Manchester City with his antics, and even though I hate City, they are better off without him, since he is nothing but a trouble-maker.

Brightonian

I've never understood the strength of reactions to his so-called antics. Some seem to hate him for them, some act as if he's a constant source of hilarity, and some love them.

Personally, the only thing about him which annoys me is that because of the antics he's overrated by so many. Clearly he's talented, and not out of place at a top club. He'll probably have a decent career. But all this 'could be one of the best in the world' stuff is massively overblown, and purely caused by the allure of the 'troubled bad-boy prodigy' archetype.