Mario Balotelli

manutddjw

I really hate Balotelli, so good riddance.

And no, I don't take the "Well better him at City, then someone better" stance either. I'm sure City will sign someone like Cavani in the summer, but it takes a great manager and players with the right attitude to accomodate 4 top strikers and make it work. City don't have the great manager and Tevez, Aguero and Dzeko don't have the same level of appreciation and loyalty that Hernandez or Welbeck do. In fact, bringing in someone just as good or better than Tevez, Aguero or Dzeko will probably cause more trouble for City.

I'm always right

I think he is a excellent player and if it was not for his crazy behaviour, he could off been thought of has one of the best players in the World.
I just don't see it. I think his "crazy behaviour" is in fact the thing that fools people into buying into his hype about how great he could be.

The Neviller

I just don't see it. I think his "crazy behaviour" is in fact the thing that fools people into buying into his hype about how great he could be.
It gives off the impression that he's an enigma, a flawed genius, when in reality he's a twat.

Just think of the stick he'd get if he was a ballboy and not a primadonna footballer.

Cevno

He isn't as good as he is made out to be too.

Wonder if City get a replacement. Jovetic or someone like that.

Baxter

People seem to forget that he actually had a pretty good season for them when Tevez fecked off. 13 goals in 14 starts in the league last season. It went sour at the end of the season, but his performances at the Euro's only emphasised how capable he is. He is going to the team he supports and I actually hope he settles down and becomes a top class player. I don't give a feck about all the "lad" shit, but I don't actually mind him.

lunchforthesky

I imagine they'd go for Cavani or Falcao. They already have options, what they need is someone of real world class ability to make a difference in massive games.

Drifter

American

This .I agree with,apart from making "good copy" for the Tabloids,he as not done much to light up the PL.

I'm always right

People seem to forget that he actually had a pretty good season for them when Tevez fecked off. 13 goals in 14 starts in the league last season. It went sour at the end of the season, but his performances at the Euro's only emphasised how capable he is. He is going to the team he supports and I actually hope he settles down and becomes a top class player. I don't give a feck about all the "lad" shit, but I don't actually mind him.
He has had one purple patch in his entire time here, that's all.

Baxter

He has had one purple patch in his entire time here, that's all.
Read that he has scored 30 goals in 74 games (49 starts) for City, at an average of a goal every 146 minutes. He really is a very good player. I think he will shine at Milan, being the main man and starting every week. I do think City have made the right decision to let him go. He's not worth the hassle, but that doesn't make him a bad payer.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
what a random comparison!
Apropos though, non?

Loved Rider but what a bonehead he turned out to be. Sport is littered with examples of talents who squandered them away for one reason or another - Balotelli is like a bad reality show version of a footballer. Everyone is just eagerly anticipating the next bit of idiocy

Tons of talent though

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
So I guess this means City will sign Cavani or some such before the window closes.
There's no way Napoli will let him go for anything City would be willing to pay. He'd cost £50m+. I'd say they'll go for a cheap experienced striker or a young PL striker, someone under £10m mark - that's if they go after anyone at all.

Quinton Fortune

I can imagine City just promoting Guidetti until the end of the season. Without Europe they won't really need a third big name striker. Then they'll offload Tevez in the summer and bring in two top strikers or one if Guidetti hits the ground running.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Would have preferred it if he had stayed at City to be honest. Decent player, but he gives the club much more trouble than good contribution. He's always been overrated as a player and his potential imo. It's not like he's supremly talented on the ball, or a great goalscorer that you can say if he was normal mentally than he would be a great player. He's just a decent player, overhyped because of how he acts and his cockiness. He didn't even have that great of a scoring record, especially when you consider a decent amount were penalties.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Read that he has scored 30 goals in 74 games (49 starts) for City, at an average of a goal every 146 minutes. He really is a very good player. I think he will shine at Milan, being the main man and starting every week. I do think City have made the right decision to let him go. He's not worth the hassle, but that doesn't make him a bad payer.
12 of those goals came during September-December last season. In his first season and this season he made 50 appearances and scored in just 10 of those games. Seems to fit in with IMR's idea of him having one purple patch and that's it.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
The sadness at him leaving City because he's a liabilty I can understand, it was great seeing him cause havoc there, but the people decrying his loss to the premier league, wise up. He's not a "character" he's a cock. A big, stupid, dopey cock, with more money than sense. I never understood the fascination with him, he's just a fecking idiot.
Agreed. He's a brainless idiot.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
My City supporting mates are glad to see the back of him, one of them has never rated him, he has always said that Baloteli has no playing personality and that he isn't exciting to watch, on the pitch that is ofc.

I'm always right

12 of those goals came during September-December last season. In his first season and this season he made 50 appearances and scored in just 10 of those games. Seems to fit in with IMR's idea of him having one purple patch and that's it.
Good point, take away that one purple patch and this potentially "one of the best players in the World" actually scored just 18 goals in the other 61 games for the club.

Baxter

Fair enough. In fairness, that goals were scored when Tevez fecked off. He scored goals when they needed him to. Brwned stats do show his inconsistencies, and IAR is probably right but I think if he can settle down he would improve a lot. Judging by his career so far, it does seem unlikely.

Platato

Psst!
Although he hasn't matched the levels of idiocy Balotelli has, Balotelli reminds me of a certain Quaresma who was tipped to be even better than Ronaldo. Look how that turned out.

Just another example talent isn't everything.