Mario Lemina

Crashoutcassius

Are we on a mission to build the worst midfield ever?

Longstaff, Lemina, Bakayoko......Jesus id rather bring Fellaini back.

I wouldn't mind but there's a whole list of midfielders on the market, feck knows why we didn't pick up Tielemans for £40m he's twice the player of those lot.
I'm not sure. He had a few good games with Leicester true. Lemina won everything at juve. Big talent.

Sparky Rhiwabon

If he is so good then why are Southampton willing to sell? We cant take punt on players who MIGHT turn out be good. We have had enough 'on his day' kinds of players.
I don't think he's first choice for them anymore so they may be happy to cash in.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't think he's first choice for them anymore so they may be happy to cash in.
Not good enough for relegation candidate Southampton, fine for United? :lol:

This has the whiff of a inside trading football index pump to me :)

Snafu17

I mean he has some talent and can potentially improve but adding a player that is apparently inconsistent, injury prone and possibly has a bit of an attitude problem is just a silly move. We have an inconsistent and injury prone squad as it is, we really don't need another gamble.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
True, even that’s weird though as all of them are about one game and then just never bumped ever again.
Remember him playing well against us, so not surprising. Then you have posts from other threads where few mentioned Lemina as "player to sign from other bottom teams".

Surprising link though, considering the talk that he struggled with fitness.

Nialinho

Were the rumours of a £100 million transfer budget true?
We seem to be scraping the bargain basement if there is any truth in Lamina & Bakayoko..
Lemina is waaaaaaaay more talented than Bakayoko.

If he is so good then why are Southampton willing to sell? We cant take punt on players who MIGHT turn out be good. We have had enough 'on his day' kinds of players.
He wants out and Southampton will need funds to build the sort of team Hasenhuttl wants, especially after paying such a high fee for Ings. They have other good options in midfield for a team of their stature.

The state of this club, absolute joke :lol:
Bit extreme considering the source is Talksport and it could be total BS :lol: We're now looking at players we can develop into superstars, which can't be a bad thing after so many post-Fergie big money flops? Lemina perhaps doesn't fit into the young and hungry category but I think he'd a big upgrade on Matic and Fred if we get a good price.

True, even that’s weird though as all of them are about one game and then just never bumped ever again.
I'm pretty certain that the majority of this forum just watch United games..

izec

No thanks. Our club is a shambles. Bakayoko and Lemina :lol: players who had some talent years ago, but time showed they arent as good as initially thought. I thought Lemina started well at Saints, but he is inconsistent and behaves like a superstar.

While we let guys like Ndombele, Tielemans and Barella join other clubs without a fight. Guys who are NT players and on the up, who can join and make an impact. They are still not damaged goods and can lift the team.

We need players to replace the likes of Herrera and Fellaini, hopefully upgrades, but not downgrades on them.

The way this window is going, we will be fighting with Wolves, Leicester, Everton and Arsenal for the 5th and 6th place. We are signing their targets, instead of looking at CL calibre players.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Not good enough for relegation candidate Southampton, fine for United? :lol:

This has the whiff of a inside trading football index pump to me :)
He's behind the likes of Romeu and Hojberg in their squad but that doesn't mean he wouldn't get into our midfield right now.

CM

It wouldn't be the most exciting signing in the world but I think it'd make more sense than someone like Longstaff for instance. There's some talent there and he can more than hold his own physically so at £15m it could be worth the gamble.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Just shows how fans are willing to accept mediocre signings to bolster the already mediocre squad.. whilst city are buying Rodri..

We end up placing bids and interest for players to get fans excited and sing crap.
Imaginary bids?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
It's evident we want a CM on the cheap

izec

It wouldn't be the most exciting signing in the world but I think it'd make more sense than someone like Longstaff for instance. There's some talent there and he can more than hold his own physically so at £15m it could be worth the gamble.
He wont cost 15m though. If we bought someone better and someone to add numbers, fine. But i feel we only shop now in the 20m categories, squad players to replace first teamers.

Saints would want 25 or 30m for him if we go for it. They would sell him for 15m to Everton, but no way are we getting away with it,

Zoo

Remember him playing well against us, so not surprising. Then you have posts from other threads where few mentioned Lemina as "player to sign from other bottom teams".

Surprising link though, considering the talk that he struggled with fitness.
It seems it was just last season that he struggled with fitness due to an abdominal injury. Hassenhutl developed the side without him and is now ready to cash in.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mario-lemina/verletzungen/spieler/170934

buckooo1978

I remember seeing a game last year and thinking he looked excellent

if this guy has the talent we should move fast - unfortunately I can see Saint's starting a bidding war

I remember seeing a game last year and thinking he looked excellent

if this guy has the talent we should move fast - unfortunately I can see Saint's starting a bidding war
Every first team player in the PL has the capabilities of looking and performing excellent on occasions because the standard is alot higher now but being consistent,or atleast having a steady consistency, is far more important.
I was impressed on occasions with Watford's Pereyra last season but I'm sure as heck wouldn't want him at United currently.

Bestietom

Don't know where exactly we are going but it seems like we are a midtable team with the players we are being associated to. All our top players wanted out and players that are any good don't want to come here.
Then we have Woodward who can't get a transfer over the line because of pennypinching. Lemina, James are the kind of players that we now chase.
We are going further away from the pack each season,and everyone beside those with red tinted united glasses can see it.We are no longer the team to Fear.

Nialinho

No thanks. Our club is a shambles. Bakayoko and Lemina :lol: players who had some talent years ago, but time showed they arent as good as initially thought. I thought Lemina started well at Saints, but he is inconsistent and behaves like a superstar.

While we let guys like Ndombele, Tielemans and Barella join other clubs without a fight. Guys who are NT players and on the up, who can join and make an impact. They are still not damaged goods and can lift the team.

We need players to replace the likes of Herrera and Fellaini, hopefully upgrades, but not downgrades on them.

The way this window is going, we will be fighting with Wolves, Leicester, Everton and Arsenal for the 5th and 6th place.
Their won't be any truth to the Bakayoko link, you must realize that we get linked to everyone with a pulse? I really wish we'd of gone for Tielemans, but he struggled in Ligue 1 so it's not like he's a class above a guy Lemina to be honest. Can't say I watch Cagliari regularly to have a real opinion on Barella

He's behind the likes of Romeu and Hojberg in their squad but that doesn't mean he wouldn't get into our midfield right now.
He's been injured/unfit for a while, that's the only reason they're ahead of him.

izec

Their won't be any truth to the Bakayoko link, you must realize that we get linked to everyone with a pulse? I really wish we'd of gone for Tielemans, but he struggled in Ligue 1 so it's not like he's a class above a guy Lemina to be honest. Can't say I watch Cagliari regularly to have a real opinion on Barella

He's been injured/unfit for a while, that's the only reason they're ahead of him.
Tielemans may have struggled at Monaco, but who hasnt while he was there? He showed that he can cut it in the PL in a good team, thats more important than Monaco.

Nialinho

Tielemans may have struggled at Monaco, but who hasnt while he was there? He showed that he can cut it in the PL in a good team, thats more important than Monaco.
Yeah that's a very fair point. I'd of definitely gone for him, seems likely all the big clubs will be bidding north of £70M for him in a few years.

Ekeke

Decent defensively, can run with the ball a bit but not a good enough passer. Hojbjerg is better if we're looking at a Southampton CM who does some decent defensive work

tomaldinho1

I think it's evident we're looking at getting a more unproven player on the cheap so no doubt we'll see more of these wildcard transfer targets in the coming weeks. Personally I think Ole wants Longstaff but Newcastle more likely to sell at reasonable price if we start negotiating with other players

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If we're looking for cheaper gambles, I'd there's at least 15-20 midfielders more suited to a big club... like hes decent, but more a signing that brings us closer to mid table than one that would push up.

Bestietom

We should be going for established players for our midfied. Partey and Savic would be the ones we should be after. Not Lemina,or Longstaff.

buckooo1978

Don't know where exactly we are going but it seems like we are a midtable team with the players we are being associated to. All our top players wanted out and players that are any good don't want to come here.
Then we have Woodward who can't get a transfer over the line because of pennypinching. Lemina, James are the kind of players that we now chase.
We are going further away from the pack each season,and everyone beside those with red tinted united glasses can see it.We are no longer the team to Fear.
Liverpool have done well signing from teams like Southampton (Mane, Van Dijk, Louvren) and relegated clubs like Newcastle (Winaldjim) and Hull (Robertson)

I haven't seen enough of Lemina to comment but I wouldn't write him off because of his club

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Longstaff, lemina.... What's next Cleverley?

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Didn't he have a Ben Arfa-like reputation for being a bit of a prat, not having the best concentration but actually being super talented when at Marseille and Juve?

If it's a cheaper CM to beef up the ranks alongside another very good CM, then okay that works. But if Lemina is our sole recruit, I'd be quite disappointed, and as others have said would see it as a signing to cement our place as a mid-table club.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yeah, easy way to get a thread made about you on Redcafe is to play well against us :lol:.
Well it's not some badge of honor. Its just a thread on a player who moved from juventus to Southampton and had good game against us.

Bestietom

These next few weeks will tell us the true ambition of our club.
If we ignore the top players available and go for players who are no better than what we have already, we will end up midtable.
We need the likes of Maguire, Savic, and Partey, in our side. We are Manchester United not a championship side.

haram

Well it's not some badge of honor. Its just a thread on a player who moved from juventus to Southampton and had good game against us.
It’s not just Lemina though. People always go overboard when a player has a good game against us.