Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I really don't see Fellaini causing Chelsea many problems at all. They have the physicality to deal with his aerial presence, and they'll eat him up on the ground.
Maybe but Mata doesn't exactly inspire much confidence does he? Why not try something that might work rather than something that's clearly not working?

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I think Fellaini should start. He has done well every time he has played this season and his physicality can offer a threat to Chelsea.

Mata has been in very poor form, and I just cant see him doing anything against Chelsea - he will get muscled off the ball too easily by Matic and the defenders, and doesnt really offer much if the entire team isnt playing well.

ottosec

I think he will start instead of Mata. He deserves it too, to be honest.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I think Fellaini should start. He has done well every time he has played this season and his physicality can offer a threat to Chelsea.

Mata has been in very poor form, and I just cant see him doing anything against Chelsea - he will get muscled off the ball too easily by Matic and the defenders, and doesnt really offer much if the entire team isnt playing well.
Has he? He did well to get his goal on Monday, but apart from that I can't think of one very good game he's had.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Has he? He did well to get his goal on Monday, but apart from that I can't think of one very good game he's had.
He's barely featured. He did well last week and the last time I remember him being brought on was in preseason when he scored as well.

I think he deserves a chance and will be more effective against Chelsea than Mata.

ravi2

What are you talking about? He had a good appearance, I hope he does well against Chelsea if given the chance, but he is not a long term solution for any of our issues.

Ekeke

I hope he does well today. Its a big chance for him, he has an important role especially at set pieces and he has a little bit of momentum from last week.

Not going to lie if he doesnt do well though.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Hope he does well but he's utterly shit playing in midfield. But if Herrera is not fit then I don't think Van Gaal had any other choice.

Ekeke

Very happy with his first half performance. Needs to keep his arms down, but that wasnt the usual elbow in the face just a stray arm. He's had a very visible effect with his physicality and he's moved the ball on at a good speed

FujiVice

Excellent game so far. More of the same in the second half please. He's getting himself about.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Not really. He has been used as some kind of support for Januzaj but they aren't combining very well, altough Januzaj is having a good game. We are using him as our target man at times, van Gaal figured out quite easily he isn't really a cm, because Mata was probably more defensive than him through the game. Give me Herrera and we'll be much better.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Probably our best player so far, interesting. Van Gaal really is a genius

Not very good attacking-wise though

Sam

Take away any defensive responsibility and he looks, I don't want to say good, but a lot less shit?

Eugenius

He's playing with more confidence, but not sure whether he's meant to be ahead of Mata so regularly. Has made a fair few tackles and headers defensively so fair play.

Ekeke

Take away any defensive responsibility and he looks, I don't want to say good, but a lot less shit?
This might be the key. We dont want him in Blind's position as we saw last season when we tried to use him in front of the defence. I recall he played a couple of times with Carrick but he still didnt play as well as he has done in that 45 minutes.

Maybe Blind's very slightly different style, and the confidence of scoring last week have combined to see a different Fellaini

Kostur

海尔的老板
He's playing with more confidence, but not sure whether he's meant to be ahead of Mata so regularly. Has made a fair few tackles and headers defensively so fair play.
It's deceptive that he's playing ahead, he's following Fabregas who's trying to pick the ball off CBs.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Been a competent midfield display, no more,but even that stands out at United these days. Blind has been a bit lax at times.

DevilRed

Surprisingly doing well and keeping possession. Big asset on defending set pieces and you can tell his confidence is up. Impressed that he is able to hold up the ball and play it to the wings. Might turn out to be the matchwinner for us if we actually can put in a dangerous cross/freekick/corner!

slir32

Playing very well if he can keep building and take his game a couple of steps higher i can see him being a very useful squad player who will get a fair few games.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Solid game so far. He needs to keep his arms down though.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
He's done great to cut off the link between Matic and Fabregas. Showed a lot of desire and hunger, as well. Needs to move even higher up the pitch as the game progresses.

DevilRed

He's done great to cut off the link between Matic and Fabregas. Showed a lot of desire and hunger, as well. Needs to move even higher up the pitch as the game progresses.
Doing a great job for us. Hopefully he can keep up the tempo in the second.

Ludens the Red

Can't fault him today, done really well for all his limitations, if other players showed as much desire as he did today we might well have won.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Probably been our best player tbf. Or one of.

I still have no idea what position he's playing at any given time, but he's done all that could be asked of him.

Ekeke

Most of the team were below a 7/10 for me today. Fellaini was a solid 7/10

However his moment came in injury time and made sure to win a decent header and make Courtois work leading to the goal. So I'll bump him to 7.5/10 imo behind only De Gea

I hope he keeps this momentum and goal threat up

jeff_goldblum

Brilliant performance today. Completely vindicated LVG's decision to start him and hopefully the gave doubters something to think about.

Skywarden

Probably been our best player tbf. Or one of.

I still have no idea what position he's playing at any given time, but he's done all that could be asked of him.
He's like one of those kids who you play because he's big, strong and a bully, position be damned! :D

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
Looked like a United player today. His strength allowed us to match up to Matic in midfield

Sam

Just keep him anywhere else but our 1/3 of the pitch and he looks decent.

El-Manos

He's been getting stick but today he was our standout player and did not disappoint LVG when given the chance to prove himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.