Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Fellaini and Hernandez upfront together would be lethal. Pace and strength - a classic big man - small man combo.

Robbie Boy

Also, i wonder how many fans that booed him in his first game of last season were cheering him in the first game of this season? Funny game, football.
To be fair, that was a few gimps in a pre-season game. I feel that incident was wildly over stated. He got booed by a pathetic minority and went on to be a key player in several games, think it worked out ok for him.

Mali_Zeus

He entered like a battering ram, ran all over the place causing Brugge players to loose their heads and in the end he scored. :)

NoLogo

I meant the traditional number 10 position. Where out number 10 should be playing but philosophy and what not.
Well it's quite obvious that Fellaini isn't a traditional number 10. LvG likes to play a shadow striker, or deep lying striker, or whoever you may call it, main reason we were offering 100M for Müller, because he is probably the prefect player for the way LvG wants us to play. The creative part will be more or less distributed to the wide areas with Memphis and Mata having to do the heavy lifting here and naturally a deep lying play maker like Carrick or Schweinsteiger.

Maxii

Paad
He just causes mayhem for teams when he plays up top. Nobody is tall enough to deal with him. Unfortunately, I don't think there's any room in the team to have him as a consistent starter though

lem8sh

Well it's quite obvious that Fellaini isn't a traditional number 10. LvG likes to play a shadow striker, or deep lying striker, or whoever you may call it, main reason we were offering 100M for Müller, because he is probably the prefect player for the way LvG wants us to play. The creative part will be more or less distributed to the wide areas with Memphis and Mata having to do the heavy lifting here and naturally a deep lying play maker like Carrick or Schweinsteiger.
I know that, I never said he was.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
He'll never win over some people ..but thats fine..to go from that admittedly terrible season, and to pull himself up , thats the fighting spirit that I admire..I will not mention any names, but some deserters could have learnt a thing or to from that..

villain

Hates Beyoncé
He's becoming a favourite of mine, absolutely love the guy :drool:

Skorenzy

Van Gaal: "He [Fellaini] does it very often with me." :lol: talking about the 3rd goal.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Remember when you all thought he was shit.
To be honest, he was our long-awaited CM signing and he clearly isn't and wasn't the midfielder we wanted and needed at that time. But I am glad he found his place here, a great option to have :)

NoLogo

I didn't.

Any way, glad that he is back on a high note.
For some time I thought he simply was a miss match for our team but hated the amount of stick he got on here every game he played. Also he started to look much better once we moved him higher up the field and I still feel that's where he actually is at his best. Putting pressure on our opponents high up the pitch, chasing down defenders and getting into their face. He also is the only real physical presence we have in an advanced position.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Might sound a little crazy, but should we draw Barca at whatever point, could we stick him up front? Can't see Mascherano getting anywhere near him in the air if he's at CB.

Robbie Boy

Think everyone agreed he was a shit signing considering it what obvious that Moyes brought him in as a midfielder where at the highest level he is totally outclassed. He's a striker.
I think a lot of context has to be taken as well. We over-payed for him on the last day of the transfer window during a thoroughly underwhelming transfer window. We then went on to be completely shit under Moyes with Fellaini putting in more than a few poor performances in a piss poor midfield.

Yes, he got slated but pretty much everyone did that season. It was a truly horrid few months for the club and Fellaini became the poster boy of our demise due to his Moyes connection. It's hardly as simplistic as 'everyone thought he was shit' - I hate all that crap being brought up to rub it in people's faces. Their were clearly many extenuating factors that season that made people judge several of our players quite harshly.

Anyhow, Fellaini came through the adversity and was very good at times last season. As I previously said, he's a good option to have.

Smores

To be fair, that was a few gimps in a pre-season game. I feel that incident was wildly over stated. He got booed by a pathetic minority and went on to be a key player in several games, think it worked out ok for him.
A minority? Don't think so at all and it was disgusting but came off the back of a lot of fans lack of patience. Reminded me of thw moans when Fletchers name used to be read out.

It's great to have someone with his qualities in the team and his rise from being taunted to loved is something to enjoy

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Herrera should be worried for his playing time. Can see Fellaini taking over that #10 role within a few games. The guy has got his goalscoring boots/Afro on.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Very happy for Fellaini.

Glad to see he is becoming a royal pain in the ass for our rivals, just like he was a royal pain in the ass against us 99% of the time.

Anustart89

Can't do much more on such a short cameo. Brilliant performance, especially considering he's not featured during the pre-season or the start of the season. I wouldn't mind seeing him start if Memphis can keep being consistent with his crossing.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Remember when you all thought he was shit.
He was bought as our midfield savior. If anything his recent form as a no.10/striker/lump up front proves further that that was the wrong decision.

But he is a very useful option for us, no doubt.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Wonderful option to have. hes a boss. Hes our Benteke :cool:
I was just thinking he could be a similar type of player to Benteke...will be interesting to see how LVG uses him this season.

Robbie Boy

A minority? Don't think so at all and it was disgusting but came off the back of a lot of fans lack of patience. Reminded me of thw moans when Fletchers name used to be read out.

It's great to have someone with his qualities in the team and his rise from being taunted to loved is something to enjoy
Yes I condemn the booing but it certainly was a minority and it was a meaningless pre-season match. Footballers get booed, it's pathetic, but it's life. Anyhow, no need to debate semantics. I feel the booing thing was over stated but I certainly condemn it. I just can't get hysterical like some did about it.

Onto Fellaini a season later; he's proven to be a great option and has turned things around. Fair play to him.

Henk de Rode

Isn't it crazy, the guy has 8 minutes and makes a goal. Rooney must be pulling his perm.

Vidicious

Flop
Such an unorthodox player. Can't remember any game since the Moyes era where he has come on & not looked like a threat.

What I don't understand is that he was so effective under Moyes at Everton playing off the front man, yet he brought him to United & stuck him in defensive midfield.

LVGs ability to turn his game & confidence round simply by playing him in his correct position just shows how much of a nightmare Moyes had here.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Such an unorthodox player. Can't remember any game since the Moyes era where he has come on & not looked like a threat.

What I don't understand is that he was so effective under Moyes at Everton playing off the front man, yet he brought him to United & stuck him in defensive midfield.

LVGs ability to turn his game & confidence round simply by playing him in his correct position just shows how much of a nightmare Moyes had here.
Moyes was more worried about what people would say rather than doing what he knew was right

Raw

He adds that much needed height up front. The rest of our forwards are tiny so it's nice to have Fellaini cause some havoc in the opponents box.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Might sound a little crazy, but should we draw Barca at whatever point, could we stick him up front? Can't see Mascherano getting anywhere near him in the air if he's at CB.
Honestly it isnt like we are going to outplay Barca along the ground, so I would absolutely support this - we will be forced to play it long with or without Fellaini, might as well have someone who can get on the end of things.

seaNNN

my posts are shite but my gobbles are alright
What an absolute beast this man can be when used correctly. On his day he reminds me of one of them daft overpowered players on fifa what an impact he had for us tonight great to see him turn his career around.

Hed Zitin

His directness and tanacity is something we are missing at times. Maybe it's time to give him another shot as our man behind Rooney?
I'd play him up top. That way they can't stick a midfielder on him to man mark him. He can take on the weaker CB.

ChaddyP

I was just thinking he could be a similar type of player to Benteke...will be interesting to see how LVG uses him this season.
I think he showed us today. Especially if we get an injury to Schneiderlin we may have to use him to create back some balance in the selection like we did last season

Roboc7

He isn't a box to box player or a dm, not at this level anyway but as an attacking player he is a very different and good option. Game was perfectly set up for him when he came on, they were tired and camped deep in their half and last thing the needed was fellaini coming on.

I still wouldn't start him regularly as a number ten or a striker because I think he will be more effective in moderation but he could be our new super sub.

Woodzy

So....

------------Fellaini-------------
Memphis----Rooney----Pedro

Is that a realistic option for anyone? Could be a brilliant premiership front four, at least until the top striker we are desperate for becomes available. Rooney and Fellaini are likely to swap but it could be deadly against the weaker defences.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
What an absolute beast this man can be when used correctly. On his day he reminds me of one of them daft overpowered players on fifa what an impact he had for us tonight great to see him turn his career around.
:lol: have you tried him in FIFA? He's ace in every position!

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He isn't a box to box player or a dm, not at this level anyway but as an attacking player he is a very different and good option. Game was perfectly set up for him when he came on, they were tired and camped deep in their half and last thing the needed was fellaini coming on.

I still wouldn't start him regularly as a number ten or a striker because I think he will be more effective in moderation but he could be our new super sub.
He was ace away at Liverpool for us. First time in years we were able to dominate at Anfield. All because when we were under pressure we could just lump it up to him and he would win it. Long ball is frowned upon because usually its 50:50 on a really good day but with Fellaini he seems to be able to win 85% of balls played into him at chest level.

Status
Not open for further replies.