5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZDwyr

Wow! How good was the midfield?! We completely bossed it. Carrick payed like it was 08/09 and Schneiderlin finally became the beast CM everyone knew he could be! Without that afro anchor dragging them down we finally played beautiful football and looked like a top side!

Oh, wait? That didn't happen? But everyone said that without Fellaini we would be a lot better? We couldn't even beat 18th placed Sunderland.

Loublaze

ATLien
Wow! How good was the midfield?! We completely bossed it. Carrick payed like it was 08/09 and Schneiderlin finally became the beast CM everyone knew he could be! Without that afro anchor dragging them down we finally played beautiful football and looked like a top side!

Oh, wait? That didn't happen? But everyone said that without Fellaini we would be a lot better? We couldn't even beat 18th placed Sunderland.
Your boy wouldn't have made a difference. China is calling

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Think his positioning would have allowed Smalling to stick with his man instead of going for that first ball.
His physical presence cannot be underrate, how well he utilized it is another discussion but the team does benefit from it in defensive set pieces.
I know am guilty of not thinking highly of him as creative force, doesn't mean I can't appreciate the good things he does.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Your boy wouldn't have made a difference. China is calling
Actually, this was exactly the kind of game where Fellaini would have helped. His aggressive, physical presence was very much missing in midfield. As was his strength and positioning on set pieces. Not to mention having another target/nuisance in the box once we were chasing the game.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He's been okay, but I'm still struggling to see the fuss. As other posts have said, we'll no doubt be moaning about him once he's back...and the fact that other players performed poorly doesn't make him any better. He'd have perhaps been useful for defending the 2nd set piece, at a push...but it's still based purely on conjecture, because it's a set piece that he could've been in a different position for, or not gotten to anyway. And we shouldn't have to rely on a midfielder to defend set pieces against an average relegation contention side anyway.
Obviously but the rhetoric that he's the one stopping the team or certain players (Schneiderlin) from playing well needs to stop.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Obviously but the rhetoric that he's the one stopping the team or certain players (Schneiderlin) from playing well needs to stop.
Oh yeah, that's true...although I'd hope most people have realised that by now. For all Fellaini's deficiencies, it's daft to blame him for Schneiderlin's form, because Schneiderlin's problems have generally been related to the fact that he's been utterly anonymous as opposed to actively poor. And Schneiderlin being anonymous/failing to impose himself on a game has nothing to do with Fellaini. Most should get that though.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

Oh yeah, we would've definitely won with his in the side, would've made allllll the difference.

Spock

In theory, Fellaini might have helped defending on the two set pieces but he's unusually poor heading the ball for a big man. If you put the ball on his chest it's a different matter. But he barely gets four inches off the ground and is rather poor at aerial duels.

ZDwyr

Oh yeah, we would've definitely won with his in the side, would've made allllll the difference.
I don't think we would have conceded that second goal.

But my point mainly was that Fellaini hasn't been dragging the performances of other players down. They're just not playing well and that is not his fault.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
I'm not his biggest fan, but it's impossible to not recognise that he is giving us an outlet when we're not good enough to play it out from the back. You could see that we needed someone to be able to win the ball when the defense were under pressure, but we failed to do so several times. Unless we'll get a target man / any striker able to hold up the ball better than Rooney, we kind of need someone like Fellaini in the side.

SqueakyWeasel

Not in squad today. Van Gaal said he's 'more or less injured'. Not sure what that's supposed to mean, but we could miss him today, especially as Sunderland are pretty direct. That said, Defoe up top shouldn't give us too many problems aerially.
Is there any truth behind that video doing the rounds showing him (admittedly in a dodgy silhouette) in a London nightclub on Saturday night getting abuse from United fans?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I'm not his biggest fan, but it's impossible to not recognise that he is giving us an outlet when we're not good enough to play it out from the back. You could see that we needed someone to be able to win the ball when the defense were under pressure, but we failed to do so several times. Unless we'll get a target man / any striker able to hold up the ball better than Rooney, we kind of need someone like Fellaini in the side.
Seriously mate, what does he really offer as AM? He's not particularly quick which means he cannot exploit the spaces given to outrun defenders and score, he's not particularly creative nor technically gifted. He's a relic of a style of football that thank god is vanishing at top level. A football were players shove their way into success

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I don't see that, the outlet would be efficient if Fellaini was actually good in the air but he really isn't. The only thing he is very good at is trapping the ball with his chest but sadly for him some balls require aren't always are that height.

Viral United

I don't know if Fellaini could make a difference or not on Goals,
But watching Schneiderlin performance I don't know, I think Fellaini could have done better.
Don't get me wrong, but there is nothing justify Schneiderlin should be playing ahead of Fellaini.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I'll be cracking out a nice bottle of scotch I've been saving when this clown finally leaves the club. Yes, that's right, no objective analysis here.

Tosicsleftpeg

I'll be cracking out a nice bottle of scotch I've been saving when this clown finally leaves the club. Yes, that's right, no objective analysis here.
He is quite shit but at the moment we need shithouse like him in the middle to actually head the ball and tackle people even if he can't pass water and commits more fouls than Lee Cattermole.

Loublaze

ATLien
I have a bottle of Ciroq labelled 'Fellaini feck off party' just for this occasion.

NK86

I am one of his worst critics here but it made sod all sense to drop him against Sunderland when he finally put in a good midfield display against Chelsea, especially considering how we sort of cracked once he was taken off against the Chavs. I really don't get VG. He plays Fellaini when he is playing shite and drops him the moment he puts in a decent/good performance. Almost seems like VG is trying to act too smart for his own good or is trying to sabotage us on purpose.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
In theory, Fellaini might have helped defending on the two set pieces but he's unusually poor heading the ball for a big man. If you put the ball on his chest it's a different matter. But he barely gets four inches off the ground and is rather poor at aerial duels.
His offensive heading does seem quite ineffectual at times, but defensively he is usually excellent when it comes to clearing corners and other set pieces.

Walters_19_MuFc

Is there any truth behind that video doing the rounds showing him (admittedly in a dodgy silhouette) in a London nightclub on Saturday night getting abuse from United fans?
Im not sure, pal. Only heard about that yesterday, but when Van Gaal said he was more or less injured I was a bit skeptical.

Hopefully we'll get more of an insight in the next few days.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
A tear...so back at the end of March at the earliest and another couple weeks to find match rhythm. This season just keeps getting better...

dichinero

A tear...so back at the end of March at the earliest and another couple weeks to find match rhythm. This season just keeps getting better...
There is nothing a few Chinese herbs can't cure these days. He should go there quick!

Come to think of it, didn't he somehow get injured when Napoli were in for him, now the Chinese rumours kicked off a few days ago and he is injured! Pack your bags Fellaini , they will cure you!

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
So far it has been another midfield masterclass in Fellainis absence.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He may be shit, but he's less shit that the other options we have.
Nah, he's just as shit as them. People just seem to like whoever isn't playing because they forget how shit they are, for whatever reason.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Is there any chance he will be back for Liverpool in the europa league? He does well against them

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He's back, very happy about this. We've got our solution to their press and a good player to feck with them in setpieces.
TRIO CLOSER TO COMEBACK
Louis van Gaal told MUTV that Marouane Fellaini, Phil Jones and Antonio Valencia are coming back but he would prefer not to risk selecting any of the trio without them firstly playing in the reserves.

RETURNING PLAYERS NEED RHYTHM
The manager explained in his MUTV interview: "They are coming back, but normally they cannot play a match because the rhythm of the game is much higher. So, we have to train more and let them play in the second team. Maybe because I’m forced because of the circumstances to take a risk, like I have done with Marcos Rojo, but when I’m not forced to then I shall not do that."

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Like the look of Herrera and Schneiderlin. Fellaini can be a good impact sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.