Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Then he shouldn't be too pissed off if we ends up with a draw against these sort of teams
All I am saying is we need intelligent players on the pitch especially in the final third. Lingard is anonymous in all but Wembley games.
No, Herrera was being rested, it's clear he sees Herrera as a pivotal player.

Martial isn't playing at the moment because he's been absolute horse shit whenever he has been given an opportunity. When he did come on yesterday he didn't even look like he could be arsed.

So you want Martial instead of Lingard because he's 'more intelligent', are you actually serious? Zlatan isn't an intelligent player? You're going around in circles contradicting your own points. Explain to me then, what this intelligent side looks like? Who shouldve played yesterday.

This is all without taking into consideration the need for squad rotation. We've got a massive game in 3 days time and another massive game 3 days after. Players need rest and squad rotation provides that.
I am quite surprised by the ability of drawing imaginary conclusions of some posters here. Did my post said Zlatan lacks brain? I was talking about him being casual/sloppy more often. And if you think thats not the case, then I dont know which games you are watching.

And yes I am damn serious when I say I want Martial instead of Lingard. Its a pity for you because you couldn't afford some time to read my entire post. Martial gets dropped the moment he has an average game but thats not the case with 'hardworking' lingard. I dont remember single game which lingard influenced. Martial needed a run of games to improve upon his form. Martial is way more threatening, has more ability on the ball than Lingard.

Yesterday, there were so many opportunities to string up a few good chances and score but our attacking unit just can't spot a player who is having a free run in the box or a player in a better position to create a goal scoring opportunity. Rashford, he did play well yesterday but time and time again he just tried to dribble past his marker when there were better options available. That's what I meant when I said we need more intelligent players on the pitch because they can spot a better goal scoring opportunity.

I get your point about squad rotation. Completely agree with Herrera comment. But then may I ask you what was the point of bringing in Fellaini in the first place? They weren't a side who were hoofing up balls. He clearly didn't deal with the cross and we conceded.

It's not just that, his general attitude has been poor too. Take a look at Rashford yesterday, he worked his arse off for the team and did a great job defensively, could you honestly see Martial doing that? He isn't at a level where he can forgo all other aspects of his game. Until he starts showing commitment to Jose, like Rashford, Mhkitaryan and even Shaw recently, he'll see his playing time strictly limited. And rightfully so
Do you expect someone to magically regain form with just cameos at the end of the game? Young players need a bit of patience but the level of strictness Martial faces is too much. Players need minutes to get match rythm. Lingard will yet again start on Sunday, do feck all and yet will manage to keep his place in the side. Its easier nowadays for people to criticize players, everyone seems to forget how Martial carried the side last season. And at that time too, the 'hardworking' lingard was anonymous in whichever games he played. Martial is very badly handled by Jose and is very unfairly treated.

EDIT: @ivaldo since i have a daily post limit, i have no choice but to continue this way.

You clearly forget the fact that the rules Jose has for the squad dont apply to Zlatan and Pogba. But if you insist with the zlatan comparison I will continue my argument for the sake of it - Zlatan had bad run of games earlier when he had a goal drought, something like 8-9 games. But he was still given a nod ahead of everyone else, something which Martial never got. Result? Zlatan picked himself up and normal proceedings were restored. The fact that Martial played more than Lingard means nothing when most of the time he was in and out of the team. Getting minutes in the later stages of the game when Jose clearly instructs the team to sit back and defend(the games in which we are leading). Lingard is regularly starting nowadays and with Mata out for the season, he will get a run in. I am sure he will improve a bit.

Martial will never get a proper run of games and he will never get a chance to improve his awful form. He started to show some form (during the time of watford home game), but another poor performance and he was back on bench. Jose is doing nothing to boost his confidence.

I will put an end to your wait and let you know that we fielded a perfect side yesterday. We went in with best options available. Its my mistake that I never mentioned the fact that I was talking about getting in new players when i said 'we need intelligent players'. If you choose to ignore the poor decision making of our wingers yesterday, than I rest my case. There's no point in continuing with this argument.

Last edited:

Sylar

Watching their goal again and its actually quite hilarious in a sadistic way where you laugh cos you dont wanna cry at how bad it was.

Fellaini came on pretty much to stop crosses into our box to avoid goals just like this. And the bad thing is, the goal comes from the man that runs off him and puts our defenders into a shite position. All Fellaini needs to do is run to head the ball away (or even put the man off from having a free run) and its job done.

We didnt score more goals sure, but besides that, we were at least winning 1-0. The goal conceded happens because Fellaini doesnt do his job, and ... well Jose needs to take part of the blame for that cos who didnt see that coming from the dominant position we were in (and there really was no need to change things and essentially give up the initiative).

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
All I am saying is we need intelligent players on the pitch especially in the final third. Lingard is anonymous in all but Wembley games.

I am quite surprised by the ability of drawing imaginary conclusions of some posters here. Did my post said Zlatan lacks brain? I was talking about him being casual/sloppy more often. And if you think thats not the case, then I dont know which games you are watching.

And yes I am damn serious when I say I want Martial instead of Lingard. Its a pity for you because you couldn't afford some time to read my entire post. Martial gets dropped the moment he has an average game but thats not the case with 'hardworking' lingard. I dont remember single game which lingard influenced. Martial needed a run of games to improve upon his form. Martial is way more threatening, has more ability on the ball than Lingard.

Yesterday, there were so many opportunities to string up a few good chances and score but our attacking unit just can't spot a player who is having a free run in the box or a player in a better position to create a goal scoring opportunity. Rashford, he did play well yesterday but time and time again he just tried to dribble past his marker when there were better options available. That's what I meant when I said we need more intelligent players on the pitch because they can spot a better goal scoring opportunity.

I get your point about squad rotation. Completely agree with Herrera comment. But then may I ask you what was the point of bringing in Fellaini in the first place? They weren't a side who were hoofing up balls. He clearly didn't deal with the cross and we conceded.

Do you expect someone to magically regain form with just cameos at the end of the game? Young players need a bit of patience but the level of strictness Martial faces is too much. Players need minutes to get match rythm. Lingard will yet again start on Sunday, do feck all and yet will manage to keep his place in the side. Its easier nowadays for people to criticize players, everyone seems to forget how Martial carried the side last season. And at that time too, the 'hardworking' lingard was anonymous in whichever games he played. Martial is very badly handled by Jose and is very unfairly treated.
Here we go, point out someones hypocrisy in their post and we get the standard "you didn't read my post properly" response.

You clearly said Jose doesn't want intelligent players just players that work hard. I've pointed out Zlatan, a player who doesn't work hard and is a very intelligent player and you can't understand my point? Really?

You're being incredibly generous calling some of Martial's performances "average", they've been shite. So we have two players, one playing crap and working hard and the other playing crap and not working hard. I'll give you three guesses which is the better option. And Lingard has played less football than Martial this season, so kind of shits all over your point, or do you think Lingard should 'magically' regain his form too?

I'm still waiting for this intelligent team you beleive Jose should have fielded last night.

Martial is getting treated as Martial would so. Until he's willing to work for his place he shouldn't be anywhere near the starting XI. I rate him highly but he's can't coast through his career.

dirkey

He was better than Pogba today. And he does score and tackle but nobody chooses to acknowledge it. He could score the winner in the CL final and everyone would still slate him. You can't win with some people.
Ha, good one! That gave me a good chuckle, nice way to start my day. Thanks for that.

Triple.Threat

it still bothers me a great deal how Jose sees this very limited player as superior option to Morgan Schneiderlin and Bastian Schweinsteiger, hell they didn't even get a kick while Fellaini was/is relied up on. Jose might be correct and they aren't what he needed but at least he could've gave these guys a run of games.

I don't know if we have any academy players who are ready for first team but I wont hesitate to give them chances over Fellaini, even TFM should be picked ahead of him for a few games to show what he could do. How much worse could he be? Give away a penalty, lose his man, give away silly fouls and slow the team down? Well Fellaini gives you all that.

To be fair to Fellaini he had an excellent chest control and was a beast on dead-balls situation, but sadly he seems to have lost all that, even at situations where we need him when we are chasing games and required to hoof the ball up-field for him to bring it down and look for an attacker he turn those into fouls for the opposing teams.

This will remain a big question mark over Jose. I think he's making the same mistake LvG did when he saw something in Rooney which sadly everyone knew and saw it wasn't there.

dirkey

It shouldn't have been 1 fecking nil anyway.

Blaming Fellaini cause we couldn't finish off Anderlecht is delusional. We should be putting 4 or 5 past these mugs. Look at the likes of Pogba, Rashford, Martial, Lingard. Those guys let us down today, NOT Fellaini.

Stop scapegoating him ffs.
I'm beginning to think you don't understand the meaning of scapegoating. Scapegoating is when someone is blamed for the faults, wrongdoings of others. Fellaini wasn't blamed for the fact our fowards, and in particular Pogba, missed glaring chances that could, and should, have sealed the win. Nope, he was blamed for failing to do his own duty. Again. He's so utterly clueless positionally, time and time again. Jogs back to the edge of the box and just stops there, it's beyond frustrating. He was completely at fault for the goal. Darmian didn't cover himself in glory either, but at least he got in there and made a challenge. Fellaini just stood ball watching. Again.

stevoc

it still bothers me a great deal how Jose sees this very limited player as superior option to Morgan Schneiderlin and Bastian Schweinsteiger, hell they didn't even get a kick while Fellaini was/is relied up on. Jose might be correct and they aren't what he needed but at least he could've gave these guys a run of games.
I doubt he does but he painted himself into a corner with them. Schneiderlin asked to leave in October so he decreed that Morgan couldn't be selected anymore.

With Schweinsteiger he froze him out right from day 1, and couldn't swallow his pride and allow him back into the team beyond 2-3 cameos.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I doubt he does but he painted himself into a corner with them. Schneiderlin asked to leave in October so he decreed that Morgan couldn't be selected anymore.

With Schweinsteiger he froze him out right from day 1, and couldn't swallow his pride and allow him back into the team beyond 2-3 cameos.
If Jose wanted either to stay, they would have done. Whilst he's stubborn I'm sure he'd have utilised them if he felt they were better fits than Fellaini. The fact neither really played over Fellaini is bizarre, and i don't understand the thinking or his persistence in sticking with Fellaini when it's clear as day he shouldn't be in the side.

stevoc

If Jose wanted either to stay, they would have done. Whilst he's stubborn I'm sure he'd have utilised them if he felt they were better fits than Fellaini. The fact neither really played over Fellaini is bizarre, and i don't understand the thinking or his persistence in sticking with Fellaini when it's clear as day he shouldn't be in the side.
In the case of Schweinsteiger i would agree, Bastian wanted to stay. But Schneiderlin wanted out, Mourinho's said on numerous occasions if a player wants to leave then he lets them go and discounts them as an option for selection while they are still at the club.

JmRssll555

Does anyone have that clip of Fellaini running off upfield against Liverpool, as they break forward and score? I think it's from the Europa League game at Old Trafford last season.

dirkey

This lump starts? After that atrocity the other night? What a joke.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Top performance today. 10/10 for the chest control aspect. A thorn in their side the whole time.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Another strong performance. Nice to hear Felli chants at home as well after all the boos and shit.

ManUtd1999

He complemented Herrera and Pogba perfectly. What I like the most is the ability to shake the disappointment from Thursday. That's a real strength of his.

Boycott

He generally does well against Chelsea. He enjoys the battle and shows a lot more focus in these big games. Fair play to the big man.

Devil may care

He was ok, can't use the ball most of the time and it makes it hard to break out when we win posession back, and yes I know he managed one pass that put Rashford through.

sergiosigurvinson

Barely 10 posts when he plays well:lol:
Is it possible that some of us don't dare to write anything possitive because of their previous posts?
Don't worry, every game is a new game and when the manager puts you on the team sheet, you and all the rest start from zero.
How is it possible that some people, a few days ago, still refer to a game of 2016 to blame him for a goal conceded?

Kag

He did a job in a very specific game plan. He wasn't particularly good, though. Just another body in there doing what the manager is asking of him. Which, of course, is admirable and contributes to the win, but it doesn't at all negate the criticism he (quite rightly) receives for not being good enough for us long term, nor the poor performances he often puts in.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
How is it possible that some people, a few days ago, still refer to a game of 2016 to blame him for a goal conceded?
People still bring up the miss dribble against Bayern or the fact that Moyes signed. Too many idiots camped out in this thread.

Walters_19_MuFc

Pretty quiet in here, isn't it?

I'd love those who constantly give him stick to come into the thread and have the balls to say he had a very good game. Oh well.

Keep proving them wrong Fellaz.

Super performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.