Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Stats can't show everything, partial stats even less. He also has pretty big pass conversion rate but one in 50 of his passes is actually a forward pass.

Difference being that Herrera and Pogba have lots more minutes than he has. Besides if you're watching UTD games you can easily see he's truly a red card waiting to happen. Reckless tackles, pulling and tugging, unnecessary complaining to the ref.

You actually had Fellaini as your top rated player this season up until recently if I remember correctly.
Utter Bollocks

3 reds in 4 seasons and one of those was absolutely undeserved.
This whole red card waiting to happen thing is one of those things that people parrot because they saw others saying it.
There are a ton of more legitimate reasons to not want Fellaini at Utd but the red card waiting to happen is a lazy and weak argument.

stevoc

Yes, I understand different people grade different ways, but the 5.5 was an average, and it was about the same score as Lingard at 5.4. When you consider Fellaini's contributions in midfield in keeping the game under control, and Lingards misses, I think many here are just predisposed against Fellaini, don't like his style of play, don't consider him United quality, and rate him according to their pre-disposition.

I don't really like Fellaini's style of play either, but I still recognise he is doing his job well and is key to Jose's "controling the game".
I would say 5.4 for Lingard is high as opposed to 5.5 being low for Fellaini, i honestly don't see how he gets more than six. I imagine anything above 5 is an above average performance for most people, so Fellaini was rated above average which is maybe just about right.

I don't care at all about the rating system but out of interest what score do you think he should have got?

manunited1919

I would say 5.4 for Lingard is high as opposed to 5.5 being low for Fellaini, i honestly don't see how he gets more than six. I imagine anything above 5 is an above average performance for most people, so Fellaini was rated above average which is maybe just about right.

I don't care at all about the rating system but out of interest what score do you think he should have got?
I guess everyone thinks about ratings just a different way. The way I think about it, most players will have an average of about 6 and 7, and I would give out below a 6 for a poor performance, and will give an 8 for an very good performance, and 9 for extraordinary performances.

In this particular game, I gave Fellaini an 8. Perhaps a better rating would have been 7. I gave him the 8 because even though he is just a cog in Mourinho's machine, I thought he was a quite important cog which enabled us to "control the game". I gave 8 to 4 players: Pogba, Fellaini, Blind and Rashford. I agree 8 is high, but I just thought he was key for us in that game.

stevoc

I guess everyone thinks about ratings just a different way. The way I think about it, most players will have an average of about 6 and 7, and I would give out below a 6 for a poor performance, and will give an 8 for an very good performance, and 9 for extraordinary performances.

In this particular game, I gave Fellaini an 8. Perhaps a better rating would have been 7. I gave him the 8 because even though he is just a cog in Mourinho's machine, I thought he was a quite important cog which enabled us to "control the game". I gave 8 to 4 players: Pogba, Fellaini, Blind and Rashford. I agree 8 is high, but I just thought he was key for us in that game.
I think thats where you might be having problems understanding the general rating of players then mate. I don't know for sure but the way you rate players is probably a lot higher than most. For me your average man of the match performance is a 7, good performance is 6, played decent is 5 and 4 and below is varying degrees of poor.

But at the end of the day those player ratings are meaningless really.

manunited1919

I think thats where you might be having problems understanding the general rating of players then mate. I don't know for sure but the way you rate players is probably a lot higher than most. For me your average man of the match performance is a 7, good performance is 6, played decent is 5 and 4 and below is varying degrees of poor.

But at the end of the day those player ratings are meaningless really.
Just curious, what do you use for Rooney these days?

manunited1919

I think against Swansea i gave him a 4, probably similar against Burnley. Was poor in both games but he did score.
Yes, against Swansea he did score, although a pen. I would have given him a 3 in that game though, due to his overall performance and the foul he gave away which ended up costing us. 3 for Rooney against Swansea, 5 for Lingard against Celta, and 7.5 for Fellaini against Celta. Whereas you would do 4 for Rooney, 5 Lingard, and 6 Fellaini.

stevoc

Yes, against Swansea he did score, although a pen. I would have given him a 3 in that game though, due to his overall performance and the foul he gave away which ended up costing us. 3 for Rooney against Swansea, 5 for Lingard against Celta, and 7.5 for Fellaini against Celta. Whereas you would do 4 for Rooney, 5 Lingard, and 6 Fellaini.
Yeah as i said different people rate players different ways.

Fracture90

Utter Bollocks

3 reds in 4 seasons and one of those was absolutely undeserved.
This whole red card waiting to happen thing is one of those things that people parrot because they saw others saying it.
There are a ton of more legitimate reasons to not want Fellaini at Utd but the red card waiting to happen is a lazy and weak argument.
You posting same replies on 2 different threads is what's lazy tbh. Which one of those wasn't a red?

Don't hide behind the stats, stats can't always show you everything, if you're watching UTD games you will understand what I'm talking about. His constant elbowing people, pulling and kicking, that often goes under the radar. There was that spitting incident as well, guy's a dirty player and always an accident waiting to happen.

Robbie Boy

You posting same replies on 2 different threads is what's lazy tbh. Which one of those wasn't a red?

Don't hide behind the stats, stats can't always show you everything, if you're watching UTD games you will understand what I'm talking about. His constant elbowing people, pulling and kicking, that often goes under the radar. There was that spitting incident as well, guy's a dirty player and always an accident waiting to happen.
You're right. You clearly said "red card waiting to happen" - not your fault he can't understand simple English.

Fracture90

You're right. You clearly said "red card waiting to happen" - not your fault he can't understand simple English.
Either some people aren't watching UTD games, or they're too biased towards some players that it makes them oblivious to the obvious flaws in their game.

That guy is actually saying "red card waiting to happen" is just some repetitive imaginary things that has no truth to it.

Vaibhav Raj

There is always an urge to defend a player like Fellaini who keeps getting a lot of flake after one bad incident that instantly wipes out all the good things he has done for United in previous games. I have done that all season long - come in here and praise Fellaini when he's had a good game. He is a United player afterall and should be treated like one instead of being treated like an outsider like he has been for all four seasons he has played for us. Managers have come and gone and each one of them has made Fellaini a somewhat important part of their game plan so there is surely some quality about him.

Having said that, Fellaini is only going to look decent as long as we continue to under-achieve and continue our quest to somehow start performing regularly. It is not that hard to look semi-decent when all fans want is for the team to somehow finish fourth, when all fans want is for us to somehow get a result against teams who a top-top team should actually be battering. It is a fact that Fellaini has a very limited footballing skills and it is a fact that he is not made up for a team that desires to go toe to toe with teams of the quality of Madrid, Barca, Juve etc. We may win EL with quality of Fellaini but we will get knocked out in first knock out round or surely during the quarter finals if we webt to CL with quality of Fellaini. We may finish 2nd in the league table some season with the quality of Fellaini but the very next season we will drop out of top four of we persisted with quality of Fellaini. There are a lot of players in our current squad who seem to easily please fans but putting in a"solid" shift, not a top quality shift mind you, a solid shift and all these players should be gone eventually if we are ever going to be a team that consistently performs at the top level.

Premier league is a very tough competition now simply because all the top teams are playing with either La Liga rejects or semi-good players. Bar Hazard, none of the top players would even get into the top sides of the world currently. So no wonder, bar Chelsea, every other team randomly drops points, gets found out by much weaker teams, never performs with any kind of consistency. Is it any wonder the race for too four places goes down to the the wire every season? It is simply because all the PL teams have with these "solid shift" players who do well in few games and then just don't do enough in other games giving weaker opposition to get away with a victory or draw every now and then. United have the kind of money to be able to buy some top tier players like Pogba and avoid this inconsistency. We must upgrade on a few "squad" players and aim for higher standards or else we might do well in the league every now and then but will eventually have seasons where we slump down back again - just like every other top PL team is going to do. As long as Fellaini is a United player, I am willing to respect him like one but I would like better, more technical players to be given the responsibility to pull us out of the rut and keep us performing regularly.

Last edited:

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Another vital SF goal. Add to his FA Cup goals last year. Pretty decent contribution from the most hated player in our recent history.

MuranoLover

Always loved him cause of the will he has to stay and perform and give all his best - might not be much sometimes , but he always gives his best .

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
3 straight semi finals that Fellaini has scored for us in!
Needs to be treated with a lot more respect

FujiVice

Fellaini will do something stupid one game and then redeem himself the next. You cant really fully commit to the Fellaini hate, because he'll pop up with something like that.

Spirit of Solskjaer

If I joined the Caf right now, I'd call myself Fellaini's Back Post Header :cool:

He might not always contribute much else (at least nothing that someone else couldn't do equally well or better), but sometimes a perfectly timed and executed header is enough. Pleased for him :)

izec

Needs to play further upfront, so that our crossing makes sense. He is good pushing forward, not so good the more defensive he goes. He brings energy today, just needs to be careful not to do something stupid

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
You can't fault his effort.
You cant fault his mentality. Seems to show more fight and passion than several of our more talented players.

It's his football brain and ability that you have to question unfortunately.

sergiosigurvinson

He showed great mentality once again.
On a certain moment he chased Vigo so they had to play the ball backwards to their goalkeeper. Well done, marouane.

R'hllor

This is not dig at him but having him in team gives the easy way out for rest of clowns with their hoofing.

Devil may care

The keeper probably should have saved his header but it was a good run, other than that he was awful, just lacking in any sort of quality on the ball, he's just a big body in there to cause a nuissance.

Status
Not open for further replies.