Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Him pulling Bailly away was probably the funniest thing considering how much bollocking he got from the lot when he got sent off against City.
Him pulling Bailly by his neck while advancing towards the Celta player was funnier tbh:lol:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Good goal. Standard one of his reasonable performances other than that for me. Doesn't offer enough quality in general but no major feck ups, which brings on heaps of praise for him on here.

TheRedHearted

MOTM yet he gots called out in post match thread. Bizarre.
Yep. He bosses the midfield and pushes forward for the decisive goal. Doesn't hold the ball for too long like Mikhitaryan and dribble into players just to lose the ball. Fellaini and Herrera are necessary for the win in the final.

stevoc

Scored a great goal, worked hard and put him self about. Can't really ask for more from him.

Son Of Sam

Good performance from the big guy.

Love him or hate him, he's scored many important goals for this club. Fellaini has now scored in the semi finals of the FA Cup, EFL Cup and now the Europa League. United have gone on to win 2 of those trophies.

Cantona'sCollar

Doesn't offer enough quality in general but no major feck ups, which brings on heaps of praise for him on here.
When he has contributed more to our season than vastly more talented players like Martial, Miki, Rooney etc, I don't think any praise for him is unjustified. He is a fighter, something too much of our squad lacks. He also gives 100% every time he plays and plays his best on the big occasions (3rd tournament this season where he has scored in the semi-final).

He is more fit to wear our shirt than a lot of other players we have right now, who fail to perform every week and still have excuses made for them at any opportunity. MOTM today, and one of the main reasons, along with Romero (another player who gets criticism no matter what he does), that we are in the EL final.

el3mel

Don't really think he was as good as people think away from that goal. Our midfield was terrible today overall.

Kag

Scored a great goal, worked hard and put him self about. Can't really ask for more from him.
But we should be asking for more from a Manchester United midfielder? Look, I'm pleased he scored, and he does put in the graft, but he's not good enough to be playing in our midfield and it's something that will have to change if we're going to compete at the highest level again.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
It's an easy player to pick on bc he s always a red card waiting to happen, and fairly limited in ability - but in how many games was that also due to the way the coach used him? It's to his credit he now is on coach no 3 since arriving and he outlasted many others. I'm sure his work ethic is second to none and you cant look best his efficiency. He knows what he is good at and what he is not. One of those players we won't appreciate fully until he s gone.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
When he has contributed more to our season than vastly more talented players like Martial, Miki, Rooney etc, I don't think any praise for him is unjustified. He is a fighter, something too much of our squad lacks. He also gives 100% every time he plays and plays his best on the big occasions (3rd tournament this season where he has scored in the semi-final).

He is more fit to wear our shirt than a lot of other players we have right now, who fail to perform every week and still have excuses made for them at any opportunity. MOTM today, and one of the main reasons, along with Romero (another player who gets criticism no matter what he does), that we are in the EL final.
Even in a solid performance he doesn't usually bring anything to the table. That's fine if you want to win 'comfortably' against small teams. Until it becomes uncomfortable. I'd like more from a United player though. I like players with some sense in midfield too.

I can't knock him too much tonight, but what I said above still applied.

As for Romero, he's been warmed too on here imo. Still proving himself though.

engulfing

Played very well today. Midfield 3 of him,pogba and herrera can over power many teams. An interesting shape would be us playing with a back 5 with the 3 of them in midfield. That would be extremely solid. But we probably need better full backs to make it work.

predator

Youth NITK
He's a a great character to have in the team to be honest. He isn't the most pleasing on eye to watch with the ball but as a player he gives it everything and he can compete with anyone physically.

prath92

Even in a solid performance he doesn't usually bring anything to the table. That's fine if you want to win 'comfortably' against small teams. Until it be becomes uncomfortable. I'd like more from a United player though. I like players with some sense in midfield too.
Not really. He created what was probably our best chance of the second half (the herrera goal that pogba fouled the player). Think him 'not doing anything' is frankly nonsense. He also did a lot defensively.

SSSSnake

Just proves again he should be in the squad. Such a useful player. He's not just a lump.

Litch

Did well today and again scoring big goals at the back end of the season.....

engulfing

This seems to be overlooking the pretty big part of the match tonight where we didn't overpower Celta Vigo at all.
Celta werent coming through the middle where we were dominant. They were coming largely from our left, targeting and isolating darmian and crossing. Miki didnt provide enough cover and mou didnt react early enough. Nothing to do with our 3.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I thought he was poor today (mostly because of his cowardly passing and positioning), bar the goal. But, to be fair to him, the goal isn't something you can ignore.

stevoc

But we should be asking for more from a Manchester United midfielder? Look, I'm pleased he scored, and he does put in the graft, but he's not good enough to be playing in our midfield and it's something that will have to change if we're going to compete at the highest level again.
Yeah we should be asking for more and i don't disagree with you mate, we do need better than Fellaini. When he's awful i say he's been awful, but tonight he worked hard and scored the goal that put us through so i can't do much else but praise him for playing probably about as as well as he can play.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Scored in a FA Cup semi, League Cup semi and now a Europa League semi

Quite the record

Cantona'sCollar

Even in a solid performance he doesn't usually bring anything to the table. That's fine if you want to win 'comfortably' against small teams. Until it becomes uncomfortable. I'd like more from a United player though. I like players with some sense in midfield too.

I can't knock him too much tonight, but what I said above still applied.

As for Romero, he's been warmed too on here imo. Still proving himself though.
He brings a combative presence, aerial threat & he breaks down opposition attacks (often with fouls, but that is useful when another team is countering). I would agree with you about the small teams thing, but my point is that he has risen to the occasion in our bigger games (especially in the cups) over the last few seasons when other, more talented players haven't. I agree, we want more from a United player - we want to be back at the level we were a few years ago, and too many players in this squad would not get a minute in any of Fergie's teams (probably Fellaini included), but I just think we have so many bigger problems than him. He's very limited, but at least he pulls his weight. It's not his fault we bought him, whereas players like Shaw, Smalling and Martial look like they don't even want to be there most of the time.

Yeah Romero has received a lot of praise this season, I just find it crazy how people are acting like if he starts the final we are definitely going to lose. If we do lose the final, I can bet anything on it that it will not be because of the goalkeeping. We are amazingly good at making hard work of an average team, like we did today.

I get what you mean, but I am just saying he has done as much as anyone to get us this far to the final. I think today of all days he should be immune of criticism. Blind (who I am a fan of), for example, looked as if he was doing his best to make sure we concede 5 tonight. Even Valencia, who has been our best player this season, was nowhere near his usual standard. Darmian too - completely invisible tonight. On a night where there were several players who deserved more criticism than Fellaini (who I thought was great today, our best player with Pogba), people still come into this thread desperately trying to criticize him. I agree with you that we need more quality to go back to what we used to be, but for now, he is playing much better than anyone expected him to, and is one of the few players who will come out of this season with a bettered reputation.

Last edited:

Crashoutcassius

All the geniuses who would want a tidy cm today who would look stylish with the ball. Doubt he would pop up jack toast in the most crucial moment of the game but all that matters is the calibre of player that we have

Obiorahking_

I usually berate his inability on the ball but today none of that matters because he did single most important part of the game by scoring. Thats all that matters.

ReallyUSA

If he got that second goal man... lol happy for him. His celebration was pure enthusiasm

Sylar

Wish he was more confident in his forward passing. At times he does it and shows he can, but most times hes content with getting it and just moving it on sideways or backwards when theres a good forward pass that he defo is able to make.

Great goal. But his effort cant be knocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.