Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

204Red

I would say the fact that he was comfortably MOTM tonight (with really only Romero as competition) is a pretty Damning indictment of the other players on the pitch

soapythecat

Was ok last night, but I can't help feeling that he is one player that optimises the lack of quality in our squad.
He would be nowhere near the midfield in any of the sides who sit at the table we are trying to get back to. He is very limited in ability and very much used for one thing. When he plays, our style is reflected in his poor ability to take control of a game and even make a simple pass.
I'd actually keep him as a squad player next season, but the fact he starts so many games for us tells us everything about how weak our squad is.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I don't know how anyone can fault his performance or effort today, even in the last mins he pressed high and put lot of effort.

He will never be the player who will spray passes like Carrick or control the game. He is utility player and does the job. Yesterday he did well and scored the goal.

GM K

Was ok last night, but I can't help feeling that he is one player that optimises the lack of quality in our squad.
He would be nowhere near the midfield in any of the sides who sit at the table we are trying to get back to. He is very limited in ability and very much used for one thing. When he plays, our style is reflected in his poor ability to take control of a game and even make a simple pass.
I'd actually keep him as a squad player next season, but the fact he starts so many games for us tells us everything about how weak our squad is.

Very weak squad indeed.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
If he didn't get the weight completely wrong on an least one pass that I reckon even I could realistically pull off in almost every game he starts then he'd get a lot more love, I reckon. He's been really good recently and I firmly believe that his red card was the kiss of death to our league campaign. Great to see a ref who appreciate that being big/hairy doesn't automatically make you the villain of every coming together. I reckon opponents must hate playing against him. Not something you can say about many of our players these days. Fully deserves his place in the final.

iKeano

I thought he was poor today (mostly because of his cowardly passing and positioning), bar the goal. But, to be fair to him, the goal isn't something you can ignore.
This. The hysteria in here when he scores - or is mildly less shit than usual - hilarious.
He was bang average today, apart from the goal... which in fairness was gift wrapped by Rashford.

Still hope this tall charlatan goes in the summer, but fear he will linger around like the turd he is.

Kostur

海尔的老板
This. The hysteria in here when he scores - or is mildly less shit than usual - hilarious.
He was bang average today, apart from the goal... which in fairness was gift wrapped by Rashford.

Still hope this tall charlatan goes in the summer, but fear he will linger around like the turd he is.
It's not as hilarious as somebody making up statistics and making over 100 posts in a thread of player he detests, all of the same, shit quality with nothing but childish slating.

Mihai

Why? Why come in this thread and write childish comments like this?

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Cant fault the big man for last night once again. He isn't the most technicaly or physically gifted but does what he can and I can see he cares too. Another important goal from Fellaini :rolleyes:

sergiosigurvinson

Some people forget or don't want to acknowledge that he is one of us.
If, at the moment, there is someone in the squad who can do the job better than he does, the coach would already have picked him out and put him in the team.
He will always be useful in certain circumstances. For now we have to accept him as he is (and he is doing a fine job). In summer the club can try to find other and probably better footballplayer, hopefully with the same mentality, strongness,...

Ashley R1+O

Because he's an idiot, who is one of the worst posters on the caf.
It's not as hilarious as somebody making up statistics and making over 100 posts in a thread of player he detests, all of the same, shit quality with nothing but childish slating.
Massacred :lol:.

Didn't catch the game but he got motm on here and I believe on the night he was motm also. Chuffed for him, he's been great the last two years. Definitely underappreciated.

tomaldinho1

I would say the fact that he was comfortably MOTM tonight (with really only Romero as competition) is a pretty Damning indictment of the other players on the pitch
This. We were very lucky yesterday.

Nothing against Felly as a person but I feel he takes more away from our game than he brings. Yes he scores the odd goal and take nothing away from that but would we create more chances, play with more speed and retain possession better without him? I think yes.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He was good but a good performance from him is when he does the basics, what you'd expect anyway. I think this is why many struggle to give him praise when he has a good game, which results in these posters getting called out for not praising him when it happens. He's literally only doing what you'd expect him to do anyway.

That said, he didn't balls anything up. Decent performance, nice header for the goal.

devips

This is what I don't quite get. Fellaini is our player after all, as are Lingard, and Smalling - two other Caf whipping boys. As long as the Manager picks them and they play - appreciate them when they play well, and criticise when they don't - based on and limited to the performances on field. But don't disrespect them, demean them, because this forum is a supporters' forum after all.

When the season is over, and if you are not satisfied with the overall quality of the player, debate his ouster and replacement by better quality players by all means.

But no, we have to outdo Pool or City forums in slating United players. It's a crying shame.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Criticising the performance is one thing, but name calling is just uncalled for really.

iKeano

Why? Why come in this thread and write childish comments like this?
Because he's an idiot, who is one of the worst posters on the caf.
Sadly, I think you are right.
A charlatan according to @iKeano.
Imagine having an opinion about a player that differs from other people's opinion? Crucify the outsider. Why come into a player performance thread and comment on a player's performance? Outrage, build a wall.

I fully dislike Fellaini, I make no bones about that. I give him credit when it's due, but that's very rare. Yes, he scored lastnite, but generally he arrives late to passages of play and is a shadow to the pacy football we're used to and expect.
I'm not going to jump aboard the Fellaini love-train after one goal... his 4th of the season. It's paramount to forgiving a cheating lover 'cause they bought you flowers... 4 times a season. It simply doesnt make up what he lacks.

He'll go on to have good games sporadically, and bad games more regulary. I'll never take to him, his style of play, his idiotic fouls, his Evertonian presence. Doesn't mean I'm not entitled to an opinion.

Looks like I won't be invited round to @Zoo @Pogue Mahone @Mihai @Kostur any time soon, what a shame.

Mihai

@iKeano No one has anything against people criticizing our players, it's rather the way you did it in your post, especially the last sentence.

P.S. You are welcome to pop in for a chat anytime :smirk:

iKeano

@iKeano No one has anything against people criticizing our players, it's rather the way you did it in your post, especially the last sentence.

P.S. You are welcome to pop in for a chat anytime :smirk:
Fair point @Mihai, I retract that. Agree that name-calling is juvenile and I should raise above it. Sometimes the individual witch-hunts in here are Simpson-esque though... think people forget we're all supporting the same team and ultimately want the best for Utd.

Likewise with the chat... although novelty Fellaini wigs must be left at the door! :D

Mihai

Fair point @Mihai, I retract that. Agree that name-calling is juvenile and I should raise above it. Sometimes the individual witch-hunts in here are Simpson-esque though... think people forget we're all supporting the same team and ultimately want the best for Utd.

Likewise with the chat... although novelty Fellaini wigs must be left at the door! :D
Ok, noted ;) No Fellaini wigs!

It's not witch hunting, we all have different views on the players. But, considering the amount of hate he gets on here, and that your post was one of the most "extreme", I replied to it.

No one denies that he is far from being a midfielder that we need. Jose is probably the first to realize that and hopefully we get a world class midfielder this summer that will restrict Fellaini's appearances next season. But, the guy is giving 100% every game, granted under his limitations. He comes with a vital goal, and still gets a lot of abuse on Man united forum.

AR87

Fellaini is a United quality squad player, the problem is the lack of superior midfield options has made him a consistent starter in a midfield 3. If we found a Carrick replacement I feel that Fellaini would feature far less.

iKeano

Ok, noted ;) No Fellaini wigs!

It's not witch hunting, we all have different views on the players. But, considering the amount of hate he gets on here, and that your post was one of the most "extreme", I replied to it.

No one denies that he is far from being a midfielder that we need. Jose is probably the first to realize that and hopefully we get a world class midfielder this summer that will restrict Fellaini's appearances next season. But, the guy is giving 100% every game, granted under his limitations. He comes with a vital goal, and still gets a lot of abuse on Man united forum.
<insert 'thumbs up' emoji here>

Alabaster Codify7

I like him - he puts a shift in, gets his head down, doesn't complain or let the criticism get to him.

But he wouldn't get anywhere near the starting 11 of any good team in Europe - to the level we need to be at, anyway.

Womp

idiot
Don't think he's of the required quality but was a top class header. He does a job when called upon, it's a shame when he starts looking useful he eventually does something fecking stupid to ruin everything.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Imagine having an opinion about a player that differs from other people's opinion? Crucify the outsider. Why come into a player performance thread and comment on a player's performance? Outrage, build a wall.

I fully dislike Fellaini, I make no bones about that. I give him credit when it's due, but that's very rare. Yes, he scored lastnite, but generally he arrives late to passages of play and is a shadow to the pacy football we're used to and expect.
I'm not going to jump aboard the Fellaini love-train after one goal... his 4th of the season. It's paramount to forgiving a cheating lover 'cause they bought you flowers... 4 times a season. It simply doesnt make up what he lacks.

He'll go on to have good games sporadically, and bad games more regulary. I'll never take to him, his style of play, his idiotic fouls, his Evertonian presence. Doesn't mean I'm not entitled to an opinion.

Looks like I won't be invited round to @Zoo @Pogue Mahone @Mihai @Kostur any time soon, what a shame.
So calling him a turd is your opinion of one of our own players who is helping us win matches? You are entitled to your opinion but no one should be entitled to name calling like that, especially when it's our own players.

sergiosigurvinson

Fellaini is a United quality squad player, the problem is the lack of superior midfield options has made him a consistent starter in a midfield 3. If we found a Carrick replacement I feel that Fellaini would feature far less.
He is a stam-player in the Belgian national team, and that is a rather good team.

el3mel

UEFA chose him as best player of the week in Europe League, who though we would have seen this ? :D

M Bison

Supports
York City
Sorry, but he's far from good enough to be a squad player for us

Frank Grimes

Very useful squad player, has scored some really important goals for us too in last few seasons. Can see why people don't rate him as Utd quality as he is limited but he deserves a lot more respect than he receives.

tomaldinho1

He is a stam-player in the Belgian national team, and that is a rather good team.
I don't really follow them but it would be interesting where/how he plays for them. More than any player I remember, when he is off the pace he looks so out of place but he starts for his national team. Have we just been using him wrong?

I'm not a Fellaini fan purely because I think ability wise he is a solid few rungs below what we need but Belgium are a good team with a lot of CM options + Moyes (hewhomustnotbenamed) VG and Mou all rate(d) him to some degree.

meninred

Fellaini appears a limited player as mentioned..

Strength ..heading ..chest control

Other add ons..intercept some passes make some clearances and fill the midfield

Weakness..the rest

Quality of a utility player

sergiosigurvinson

Thinking of the past, knowing the players we got in the past, making a team out of these players...do you think that any of the players in the present team would have got a place in that team. Probably ...De Gea...and that's it.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He was great against Celta.

Without his goal we'd have gone out IMO. I couldn't have seen us scoring in extra time.

Status
Not open for further replies.