5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

p2pZeus

I never saw him hobble at all, I think Mourinho got pissed off he didn't do what he was instructed to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roboc7

Who cares if he was injured or not, looked lazy and didn’t seem to have a clue what he was supposed to be doing anyway.

Devil may care

He should never have came on and apparently now he's injured, I hope he doesn't sign a new deal, lets move on to better ball playing CM's.

stevoc

He should never have came on and apparently now he's injured, I hope he doesn't sign a new deal, lets move on to better ball playing CM's.
Yeah we can but hope. I have no idea what the thinking was behind bringing him on today, we were getting pressed and outnumbered in midfield to the point where even Pogba one of the worlds best midfielders was struggling. What exactly were hoping Fellaini could do to change that in a midfield 2?

Devil may care

Yeah we can but hope. I have no idea what the thinking was behind bringing him on today, we were getting pressed and outnumbered in midfield to the point where even Pogba one of the worlds best midfielders was struggling. What exactly were hoping Fellaini could do to change that in a midfield 2?
It was bizarre, if he'd brought him on to supplement Pogba and Matic I still think it was the wrong call over Herrera, but better than to put him in, in place of Pogba which was ridiculous.

stevoc

It was bizarre, if he'd brought him on to supplement Pogba and Matic I still think it was the wrong call over Herrera, but better than to put him in, in place of Pogba which was ridiculous.
Yeah when i seen him coming on i thought here comes hoof ball with him going up beside Lukaku. But to bring him on in midfield in a 2 in place of Pogba away to Spurs was baffling. I thought the whole team selection, strategy and subs were off today.

We keep getting outnumbered in midfield by Spurs and yet do nothing to address it. We have obviously abandoned the 352 experiment which is a good thing but i would have thought 3 in midfield with Young, Pogba and Martial operating down the left would have been the way to go today. Obviously Mourinho thought differently.

Devil may care

Yeah when i seen him coming on i thought here comes hoof ball with him going up beside Lukaku. But to bring him on in midfield in a 2 in place of Pogba away to Spurs was baffling. I thought the whole team selection, strategy and subs were off today.

We keep getting outnumbered in midfield by Spurs and yet do nothing to address it. We have obviously abandoned the 352 experiment which is a good thing but i would have thought 3 in midfield with Young, Pogba and Martial operating down the left would have been the way to go today. Obviously Mourinho thought differently.
We were all over the place from the start, wide players on the wrong flanks, going a man short against a powerful midfield 3, and then Jose compounded it with the changes, and this constant formation shifting is an issue in general I feel, most top sides play a settled formation and I had hoped the fact we stuck with the 4-3-3 against Yeovil that we were trying to establish it as our identity, but then we see this nonsense tonight.

Ashley R1+O

That was kind of a weird incident, thought he should have come on into midfield between Pogba and Matic a little bit earlier but he ended up limping off after a couple of minutes? :confused: If he can't stay fit then no matter how much tuss he gives us in midfield then maybe he should just go, bizarre incident.

Crashoutcassius

Play higher up and skip the midfield straight to world's best player at taking the ball down. Done it lots of times before under 2 managers now

stevoc

Play higher up and skip the midfield straight to world's best player at taking the ball down. Done it lots of times before under 2 managers now
Usually if we try that it's with Fellaini higher up behind the striker in a midfield 3, and it didn't even look like we were trying that last night.

Plus don't see how it would have worked last night in a 2, it would have involved him basically abandoning Matic and leaving him exposed and even more outnumbered in midfield.

United_We_Stand

"A possible damage to the medial ligament will require surgery to resolve, opening up the possibility of the 30-year-old being sidelined until the beginning of April."

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Biggest thing that sucks about him getting injured again is that we have 1 fewer midfielder. We need players there so we can actually use a 4-3-3, because we are a mess when we don't, so now we basically have to use herrera, pogba and matic every game with no rotation there, which isn't ideal. Long term, I hope Fellaini leaves as I always hoped for. Never wanted to sign him as he just isn't the right type of player for a club like United, but to his credit, he has always constantly gave his all and fought as much as he could to have an impact. But still doesn't mean he has ever been good enough. So yeah, hopefully he leaves in the summer and we bring in a proper talented midfielder to replace him.

stevoc

Biggest thing that sucks about him getting injured again is that we have 1 fewer midfielder. We need players there so we can actually use a 4-3-3, because we are a mess when we don't, so now we basically have to use herrera, pogba and matic every game with no rotation there, which isn't ideal. Long term, I hope Fellaini leaves as I always hoped for. Never wanted to sign him as he just isn't the right type of player for a club like United, but to his credit, he has always constantly gave his all and fought as much as he could to have an impact. But still doesn't mean he has ever been good enough. So yeah, hopefully he leaves in the summer and we bring in a proper talented midfielder to replace him.
Blind and Valencia can play in midfield in a pinch. In fact i wouldn't mind seeing Valencia get a run at right midfield with Pogba left and Young/Shaw as fullbacks.

Acole9

Outstanding
I like everyone on here last night thought he had been hooked off but looks like it was genuinely an injury. At first I thought it could be backlash from Mourinho because he's snubbed our contract offer.

Antonedwin

Serve him right for holding ransom against us. jose was right about player who runs their contract down is on massive risk .
he should have accept whatever offer we gave for him, i hope our club offer him 50k p/w now with him being injured for 2 months since no other club going in for awhile
squad player should never overestimate themselves

Swift Football

Unlike many on here, I think Fellaini offers a lot to our team. Most of Europa games last season, our gameplan was to hoof the ball to Fellaini and then he will control the ball allowing us to play from opposition half directly rather than having to play from back. If he indeed goes coming summer, I think our center halves will be in more pressure. Without Fellaini, we have to play from back, and our center halves ball playing ability and passing will be scrutinized more. Also, fellaini clears so many headers in our box, without Fellaini, our center halves will be in added pressure to win those aerial balls.

But looking at his injury record, it does not make that much sense to offer him big contract both in terms of contract length and wages. If he manages to maintain his fitness, I think he can be a good asset for us.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Ugh... as buzzing as I am about Sanchez you can’t help but feel the CM was needed ASAP rather than the summer.

Jaybomb

Serve him right for holding ransom against us. jose was right about player who runs their contract down is on massive risk .
he should have accept whatever offer we gave for him, i hope our club offer him 50k p/w now with him being injured for 2 months since no other club going in for awhile
squad player should never overestimate themselves
You sound ridiculous. You must hate all our players then cause none of them are playing for free, are they?

Antonedwin

You sound ridiculous. You must hate all our players then cause none of them are playing for free, are they?
everyone in this world must earn their money , it's rumored fellaini asked for 170k , that's 50k more than we used to give for him , how the hell he could ask more when he is 30 years old squad player ? no sensible explanation , if any he should get a paycut
i don't like any player holding ransom against us, if club value him as 100k p/w player he should have accept it, this injury is karma for him

dont compare him with ozil , ozil is arsenal best player , fellaini is our benchwarmer

Thecarrickfan_2016

Why are we bending down our arses for him for feck sake, Let him leave at the end of the season, He's shit, We need better if we're to win the league next season, He's not good enough for us personally.

Djemba-Djemba

Last edited:

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Surely that comment by Jose cannot be right? Does he realise the guy is 30, getting more injury prone, should not be a starter if we want to move on etc etc, and he's basically wanting us to renew under those conditions, plus not bothering if the club is stuck with a huge wage bill for a player that may have a serious injury?
If I were Ed, I would have a word, as that is not in the best interests of the club, nor the team.
He needs to let go of his Fellaini obsession, it's ridiculous.

Robindinho

Surely that comment by Jose cannot be right? Does he realise the guy is 30, getting more injury prone, should not be a starter if we want to move on etc etc, and he's basically wanting us to renew under those conditions, plus not bothering if the club is stuck with a huge wage bill for a player that may have a serious injury?
If I were Ed, I would have a word, as that is not in the best interests of the club, nor the team.
Unfortunately it is right - he said it in the embargoed part of the press conference.

I agree, I just don’t understand his constant love in towards him. No other player does he big up/praise as much - he’s only started 3 league games this season!

If he was 5ft 10, he’d have sold him in his first window.

Sanche7

Well put, it's not like he is irreplaceable.
The reason why I think Mou is obsessed with him is because of his loyalty.
Fellaini told hln.be: “When I feel that people trust me, I’m prepared to do everything.

“If I have to break my foot for him [Mourinho], I’ll do it. That’s me.

“Even when I’m in pain, I play.”

I read he rejected our 150k a week offer and that he wants more. I don't even know why we offered him 150k and I sure as hell don't now why he rejected it as I doubt any other top club would offer him more.
I think he wants to leave, possibly to China.
If Mourinho wants a Fellaini - Like, he should sign SMS.

settembrini

The dodgier Fellaini's knee gets the more Mourinho wants United to extend his deal.

Still, at least Hargreaves isn't around anymore. He'd probably get a five year contract.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Well put, it's not like he is irreplaceable.
The reason why I think Mou is obsessed with him is because of his loyalty.
Fellaini told hln.be: “When I feel that people trust me, I’m prepared to do everything.

“If I have to break my foot for him [Mourinho], I’ll do it. That’s me.

“Even when I’m in pain, I play.”

I read he rejected our 150k a week offer and that he wants more. I don't even know why we offered him 150k and I sure as hell don't now why he rejected it as I doubt any other top club would offer him more.
I think he wants to leave, possibly to China.
If Mourinho wants a Fellaini - Like, he should sign SMS.
We shouldn't offer him £150,000 a week for heaven's sake! Fellaini and Mourinho taking the piss now! And I was beginning to like Fellaini as well...
I suspect he's quite 'political' is Fellaini. It's easy to read Mourinho in this respect actually, pledge undying loyalty and speak to his ego and he backs you all he way. It's ok to have that quality towards your personal friends - but not in a work environment when clearly this is of no great benefit to the club as a whole.

Ed really needs to talk to him about this.

What he should do is stop telling him to sign, tell him he can leave for free at the end of the season. Use him until then whilst looking for two good midfield players that can take us to the next level. It's a waste of the club's money. We aren't going anywhere with this sort of attitude, as it holds us back.

I like Mourinho for the most part, but this behaviour of his depresses me.

We could do so much better with our resources but we're determined to waste it.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
fecking hell Jose.

That's just terrible. Not sure why he's revealed he told Fellaini that, I'm not sure that's in the best intentions of the club.
He was having a joke with both the press and the player.

The thing is, injury or not the club would still rather we get Fellaini to sign a new contract and take up a squad CM spot and be a tried and tested plan B/C than have to spend £30-40m on a new player for that role who will need to adjust to the manager, the club and possibly the league.

I think the reason he’s not signing a deal isn’t down to money like has been suggested in the press, that’s just a cheap conclusion. He just wants to spend his final years playing matches. If Mourinho brings in a new CM and Fellaini is at most a sub for the next couple of years, you could understand his worry. Especially as Mourinho doesn’t let his first team play in u23 games.

Would you sign a contract if you thought it would mean from the age of 30-32/33 you might only start 30 or so matches?

MrPooni

fecking hell Jose.

That's just terrible. Not sure why he's revealed he told Fellaini that, I'm not sure that's in the best intentions of the club.
:lol:

He said it as a joke as he was walking out of the press conference, both Jose and the journo's in attendance were laughing about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.