5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevoc

Difficult game for him to come back in after such a lay off. Also the totally wrong type of game to play him in a midfield 2 (if there ever is a good game for that). We just lacked any rhythm in midfield, we should have stuck with McTominay and saved Fellaini as an option off the bench. Poor selection from Mourinho all round tonight.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I'm one of his biggest critics but starting him today was a very bad decision. Simply didn't look match fit too me, strolling around the pitch and didn't look match sharp at all.

Roboc7

He was useless, looked lost and no idea why he started or what he was supposed to be doing.

Blame lies entirely with manager though, Fellaini probably not fit enough to start any match let alone game of that importance.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Sell. McTominay is more valuable just because he can move after contesting the ball.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Yeah, okay as an occasional impact player but the problem is when he's up completely up for it his glaring technical weaknesses become fairly evident.

marktan

The fact we conceeded two after he went off doesn't hide the fact having him was like having one person in midfield the whole game. He's not a midfielder, he's not comfortable with possession, can't play good passes. He's an attacker whose use is lumping the ball to his head, other than that, he has no use. Mctominay should've started.

Ash_G

I'm one of his biggest critics but starting him today was a very bad decision. Simply didn't look match fit too me, strolling around the pitch and didn't look match sharp at all.
Even if he was fit though it didn't make sense. I can't think of many games for us where he's been effective as an actual cm. He moves the ball too slowly, isn't positionally good and doesn't have pace to recover and it's a gamble when you let him push up as he has to leave midfield with a big hole in it to do it. I don't blame him though, he has his uses when used in certain ways i.e. against Liverpool when we needed an outlet.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
One of the worst midfielders we have had in the premeirship era.

He is right up there with Djemba Djemba and Kleberson.

Weve sacked off infinitely better players than him because they were not good enough, but persist with the useless lump for god knows what reason.

He is slow, has no passing range, cant jump, cant tackle, has no positional sense, spends the match wandering around aimlesslessly doing the sum total of feck all.

Bwuk

Can’t believe we are being cuckhold over his contract situation as well.

Just get him to f*ck.

Rory 7

Wasn’t even that bad compared to the rest but it’s best he moves on this summer.
I agree on both counts. I actually thought he was ok tonight. The game turned when he was taken off. We lost any semblance of shape. But that could be down to Pogba’s poor positional play. If nothing else Fellaini has better positional sense. What he does with the ball is a moot point....

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Even if he was fit though it didn't make sense. I can't think of many games for us where he's been effective as an actual cm. He moves the ball too slowly, isn't positionally good and doesn't have pace to recover and it's a gamble when you let him push up as he has to leave midfield with a big hole in it to do it. I don't blame him though, he has his uses when used in certain ways i.e. against Liverpool when we needed an outlet.
He's done ok as a CM in the past, I mean he's not my option hence why i'm critic of him. I just think Jose thought we'd stroll the game and penciled in Fellaini to start as a way of giving him game time for tougher matches coming up. He just looked way off pace to me, ball watching all the time and struggling to keep up with Sevillas passing and movement. But he should never have started and that wasn't on Fellaini, that's on Jose.

AndyJ1985

Can' believe we have a manager who is desperate for a player like Fellaini to stay.

Bwuk

I agree on both counts. I actually thought he was ok tonight. The game turned when he was taken off. We lost any semblance of shape. But that could be down to Pogba’s poor positional play. If nothing else Fellaini has better positional sense. What he does with the ball is a moot point....
Fellainis biggest issue is his positional sense. He has zero idea of who’s around him or where he’s meant to be.

Sanchez7

He should be used as an acid test for selecting managers. Whoever intends to offer him a contract should be immediately ruled out off the running for the job. LvG, Moyes and Jose have all kept him and its likely to end in a similar way for all three of them. He is our version of Andy Carroll, Benteke or Bony

If Pogba had that Mickey Mouse hair picture on his social media he would have been slaughtered.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Fellaini was pretty bad, but then came on Pogba...when Fellaini has better midfield qualities than Pogba, what the feck is going on.

saivet

A problem is that we were just launching the ball to him in the first half especially. Seems like managerial instructions, which made a shit performance even worse.

Ash_G

He's done ok as a CM in the past, I mean he's not my option hence why i'm critic of him. I just think Jose thought we'd stroll the game and penciled in Fellaini to start as a way of giving him game time for tougher matches coming up. He just looked way off pace to me, ball watching all the time and struggling to keep up with Sevillas passing and movement. But he should never have started and that wasn't on Fellaini, that's on Jose.
I think he's done well when he's been able to almost be the spare man in the middle and so can push up and be an aerial outlet but in this sort of game where we're getting pressed and need to move the ball I think he more often than not just adds to the issues as the value you get from him being a target man doesn't outweigh what he costs you elsewhere. He's a really effective sub in the right situations but as a starter at this level I think he's limited.

Not sure what Mou was thinking today, felt like he was more worried than confident and was just looking for a scrappy win but ultimately I agree with you that blame is with Mou in his decisions today.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Can’t believe we are being cuckhold over his contract situation as well.

Just get him to f*ck.
Depressing isn't it? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's probably on his way out, but we should be the ones kicking him out, not the other way around.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He should never be starting in this type of game. It’s hard to slag him off too much because it’s the managers choice and his tactics to hoof it to Fellaini but jesus, what a depressing sight.

Djorkaef

He is the worst midfielder for United ever but get him (27 mil) off for 100 mil Pogba at 0-0 and 15 minutes later you got 2 goals in and loads of chances for Sevilla, free corner header of the man marked by Pogba. Yeah I think we rather saw that latter scenario from minute 1, hundreds of screaming reactions in the match thread confirm.

Devil may care

Starting him as a CM in a double pivot against a technically good and mobile midfield was suicide, Mourinho's desperation to keep hold of him is ridiculous. We were going to have some possession as well and he offers nothing on the ball whoich made his inclusion doubly pointless.

fallengt

Whenever he's on, we play sluggish football to benefit his limited football. And it barely worked.

He's holding us back, need to go. If Ed has a single clue about football he should never renew Fellaini's contract

Corey

Fellainis biggest issue is his positional sense. He has zero idea of who’s around him or where he’s meant to be.
Agreed. People rightly criticise Pogba for his lack of positional discipline, but Fellaini is no better in this regard. He either chases the ball wherever it goes, like the 7 year olds I used to coach, or he stands up front for long balls and crosses. Either way, he vacates the midfield just like Pogba.

The other problem is, whenever we play Fellaini we invariably resort to lumping the ball forward as our primary offensive strategy. Which is not good enough for United.

I think it's time for Fellaini to leave this Summer.

Tony Babangida

I normally like Fellani, but can't understand what Jose was thinking putting him in ahead of McTominay today. Matic and McTominay have been good together.

Minimalist

Pretty Fellaini like performance but nothing came off. No idea why he was involved though from the start. We needed goals - if it was a gamble it didn't pay off.

PoTMS

Let him feck off to Turkey, that way we won't be tempted to just lump it up to him every few minutes. Having said that, we probably still will.

Park's Petrified Pooch

Without doubt my least favourite United player... ever. Possibly because in my mind he represents the start of the decline. He’s below average in all aspects of modern football. Unathletic, slow, ponderous on the ball, ungainly, ridiculously bad touch, zero appreciation of space. I don’t harbour any bad feeling towards him, it’s not his fault. But seeing him on the pitch in our shirt depresses me.

Heinzesight

Shitstain of the Moyes era yet still here. Signifies all that is wrong with United since Fergie retired and him in the starting line up breeds negativity.

kundalini

I thought Fellaini played reasonably well in the first half but looked tired in the 2nd half.

However, the system we used left the team exposed on the transitions, as it takes Fellaini forever to get back, when he's been in their box, waiting for a deep cross.

The tactic didn't work but I'd blame the manager rather than the player in this instance.

His fierce left foot shot was one of the few highlights of the first half.

Having said all that, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest if he chose to leave in the summer.

Djemba-Djemba

I thought he was total shite and I'm still baffled as to what Mourinho was thinking starting him tonight.

Of course Pogba came on and was then even worse, but that's a different issue.

Please for the love of God can Fellaini leave in the Summer. 5 years he's been here. 5 fecking years!

Loublaze

ATLien
McTominay should've started ahead of this donkey. He'll start again against Brighton though.

Status
Not open for further replies.