5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxbatt

If anyone thought Fellaini is going to be a creative player like Pogab then he should be put in a mental hospital. He did what he was asked to do that he can do. That is break up play and cleared headers etc. When we got a free kick and if it was towards him, he created problems for their defence but idiotically most of our free kicks did not reach him or was not directed towards him.
Jose then pushed him back instead of pushing him up front. I do not blame him as he was our best player but if a manager thinks he is a Pogba style creator then he is mad.

AR87

Fellaini should replace Matic as the DM. We should play Pogba and one of Fred, Herrera or Pereira as our midfield trio. Fellaini is simply more disciplined and able defensively, and quicker about getting the ball to the creative players in the side than Matic is at the moment.

Herrera can also play as the DM at times obviously, but I think he's better as one of the B2Bs with more license to get forward, especially alongside Pogba.

LoveFootball

If anyone thought Fellaini is going to be a creative player like Pogab then he should be put in a mental hospital. He did what he was asked to do that he can do. That is break up play and cleared headers etc. When we got a free kick and if it was towards him, he created problems for their defence but idiotically most of our free kicks did not reach him or was not directed towards him.
Jose then pushed him back instead of pushing him up front. I do not blame him as he was our best player but if a manager thinks he is a Pogba style creator then he is mad.
Like Pogba, he was the one joining the attack with Matic and Herrera staying behind, so he was the most offensive of our midfield. Strange that when we needed him far up the pitch, Jose instructed him to drop back to protect the scoreline in the fear of another "manita".

Fellaini should replace Matic as the DM. We should play Pogba and one of Fred, Herrera or Pereira as our midfield trio. Fellaini is simply more disciplined and able defensively, and quicker about getting the ball to the creative players in the side than Matic is at the moment.

Herrera can also play as the DM at times obviously, but I think he's better as one of the B2Bs with more license to get forward, especially alongside Pogba.
Pogba-Herrera-Fred(Perreira) for me, with Herrera holding. Shame Mourinho dropped him after that 1st season when he was POTY to accommodate the declining Matic, he should have allowed him to grow in that role like Pep did with Fernandinho; Matic was not needed.

RooneyLegend

Funnily enough you can be mediocre and still be one of very few players to 'perform for us'. Maybe if you hadn't been shitposting in his thread for years you'd have noticed that those two are not mutually exclusive.
The man is a mediocre footballer, doesn't matter how many times you try to convince yourself otherwise. He can't do anything with the ball. Running around getting tackles in isnt enough for where we should be. That's all he's good for outside his aerial capabilities.

Walters_19_MuFc

I don't mind it as Fellaini showed earlier in the season he has the tools to break up play and lay it off but it was madness playing him deep so this current incarnation of Matic could move up. Fellaini deep with Fred and Herrera (hopefully not on yesterday's dire form) is by no means perfect but would have served us better than what we got. Fellaini deep isn't the issue, it's unfortunately the fact Matic is getting on the pitch at all and that Herrera was terrible.
I guess that was one option, but I just thought Fellaini was going to play in the same role Pogba does - as the left sided centre midfielder.

We knew City would press high up. Having Fellaini as a deep-lying target man would have helped us beat the press. Van Gaal did this against both, Liverpool and City with great success.

0le

Its difficult to criticise a player who carries the tasks asked of him. It is therefore no concidence therefore as to why several managers favour Fellaini. I think the fact that Fellaini's performances get highlighted and stir up debate is generally more an indication of how poor other more gifted individuals play in a United shirt on a regular basis, rather than anything particular about Fellaini.

Loublaze

ATLien
Absolute stupidity is marking him with a 4/10 when in the first 30 mins he cleared the ball or intercepted it at least 10 times
4/10 for his overall performance. That midfield was collectively shit. Herrera and Matic were worse.

yfoFC

Tbf he did well but Jose admits he wasn't fit enough to play too long, so why didn't we just start one of our other midfield options and then bring him in the final minutes of the game especially when it was 2-1 to change the game... worked a treat at Juve so why change it?

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I guess that was one option, but I just thought Fellaini was going to play in the same role Pogba does - as the left sided centre midfielder.

We knew City would press high up. Having Fellaini as a deep-lying target man would have helped us beat the press. Van Gaal did this against both, Liverpool and City with great success.
Actually looking at a map of our average positions you were right in that Fellaini was our furthest forward midfielder in that lefthand position. The trouble was Matic was almost on top of him struggling badly and Herrera was further back unable to pick a red shirt out. Either way as we've said the problem certainly wasn't Fellaini as he was our best player, he just obviously isn't good enough to drag us through when both of his midfield partners are pretty much AWOL.

Foxbatt

All the Jose needed was to put Fellaini up front and lump the ball to him. Yes I know it is extremely ugly but we cannot go toe to toe with City and a goal down at that stage that is what he should have done. Instead he brings on Mata. Even Jones would have been better. We had to by pass their midfield and it was the only way.

AndyJ1985

This is where we're at as a club. We praise and reward big strong grafters who can tackle and stop the big boys from thrashing us. It's not his fault of course, but I can't wait until we have a manager who has higher standards for our club.

Raw

Watch him become better than Messi and Ronaldo combined. The hair was merely sapping away his talent.

Castia

They’re goes his special power. Now instead of just being crap he’s completely useless.

/s

Cloud7

Now we can never see the tactic of Felliani trapping the ball on top of his Afro and running the whole length of the field with it there. What a sad day.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Only good thing about him is gone, sell him.

Renegade

He looks world class now. I wonder if he’ll start being taken seriously haha.

Sterling Archer

Looking at the background of that photo I can't help imagining it took the entire medical staff to surgically remove the afro.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
WHAT? NO!
This has to be a joke. He cannot shave the afro - it's what defined him!

I wonder if this is to mark his "arrival" as the CM general that we were all waiting for since Keane retired.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's now removed his Namekian training gear. Watch him be as fast as Bolt, and jump as high as Evan Ungar.

AbduRaheem

Once again that ugly picture displayed on his performance thread…

What a lack of respect for a guy who has always given everything for Man Utd. and who has just had a briliant worldcup.

Could you gentlemen, please, change it?
I love the above picture. To me it symbolises his hard work that he puts in and what a warrior this bloke is.

I cant believe so many people put this player down. He does really well and plays his heart out. Look what he done with country. Quality

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
Feels so strange to see him without his afro. :lol:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I love the above picture. To me it symbolises his hard work that he puts in and what a warrior this bloke is.

I cant believe so many people put this player down. He does really well and plays his heart out. Look what he done with country. Quality
Pretty sure it was a different picture when he posted that. From memory it was one where the ball was smashing into his face.

Kostur

海尔的老板
El Fraudo had his say on him:

Belgium coach Roberto Martinez has declared Manchester United midfielder Marouane Fellaini a "warrior".

Martinez values being able to call on Fellaini.

"I think he is a player that you have to work with to appreciate what he really brings," said Martinez. “I think he gets underestimated in his technical ability. I think he is a footballer that has got a level of technical control and ball control a lot higher than people think."

“He was born to compete. He is a winner. I think he finds football as a good opportunity to show how life should be. His interpretation of life is the way he runs the football game. As a team player he always sees that every action is the end of the world and that makes him a warrior and someone that every coach and manager would love to have in his team."
http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...a-man-utd-warrior-4256684#LYBZf1eQMVMo9ggJ.99

Status
Not open for further replies.