Martial agent looking for a new club for him

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
How the feck are we only looking to get 50 mil for Martial but Chelsea are buying Lakaku for 100? feckin madness. No matter who we get in it seems we are crap at making money from selling players. Martial had one bad season in the Premier League compared with Lakaku who couldn't control a football when he was here. Ludicrous.
Because Lukaku is more proven and Martial only has 1 season where he's performing better than Lukaku.

Scholsey2004

Amad's 19 now, he'll get a lot more games this season i reckon and his ceiling is higher than Martial's. Elanga looks like he'll get games too. Shoretire likewise in 18 months as well probably. I think if we dont sell Martial now then his value will collapse like Nani's did when he wasnt getting games and we'll have a player on big wages who's nowhere near getting starts.

RedDevil@84

How the feck are we only looking to get 50 mil for Martial but Chelsea are buying Lakaku for 100? feckin madness. No matter who we get in it seems we are crap at making money from selling players. Martial had one bad season in the Premier League compared with Lakaku who couldn't control a football when he was here. Ludicrous.
What are you talking about?

Goals last 5 seasons

LukakuMartial
26​
8​
27​
11​
15​
12​
34​
23​
30​
7​

R'hllor

Him and Pogba rub people The wrong way because they don't put in as much effort, at least as far as we can tell from the stands. If you aren't gonna be efficient and get goals/assists consistently, then you arent afforded the luxury of not working as hard as other players in the team. A player like Bruno will have 1G+1A, been sprinting up and down all game, and will still be working harder in the 80th minute than Pogba or Martial, even if they just got substituted on
Pogba hate started way before Bruno, at the time we didnt such effort merchants that would give a good reason to single Pogba out, Martial was hated for having a kid and due that reason being late to join rest of the team for a pre season, that whole thing was a excuse for people start linking stories of him in his school days, where he was made to look like he have 10 IQ. Personally either way works for me just cant stand people having double standards in this matter, at least come out and say that you hate their guts and not hide being his agent while in the same time you drooling for Haaland, funny that.

CG1010

In terms of actual performance, Lukaku has far surpassed Martial even though Martial is obviously more talented footballer. Goes to show that talent isn't everything in football.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Agree with this. If we're paying someone 250k p/w, they should be starting every game. Maybe it's a bit too late to go shop for a replacement because Rashford / Greenwood / Sancho / Cavani (4 players, 3 spots) is a bit light squad depth wise.

Elanga, Pellestri and Amad are clearly not ready to start every week. James won't cut it against PL level opposition, but he can probably do a job in the earlier stages of the league / FA cup.

Assume Lingard will leave but let's see. Maybe he can cover for both Bruno and LW.
If we were in a universe where players would take pay cuts to earn what they seem to deserve - then I'd be like fair enough, Martial is a enjoyable player to watch and a player that has performed against some top teams in the PL. Let him stay.

However, he will probably be on this 250k wage all his time here (or even possibly higher one day) - and then I start wondering what this does to players like Bruno, Pogba, Rashford and even someone like Haaland who may be contemplating joining us and trying to get a high wage contract here at United.

I was never someone who cared too much about how much a player earns in wages or even costs us when buying (because it was never really my money) - But I feel like Ole has actually done well to bring things like wages back in to some sort of plan (sale of Sanchez, Lukaku, Young etc) to the point that now it feels like possibly only Martial and De Gea is earning more than they deserve.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Agree with this. If we're paying someone 250k p/w, they should be starting every game. Maybe it's a bit too late to go shop for a replacement because Rashford / Greenwood / Sancho / Cavani (4 players, 3 spots) is a bit light squad depth wise.

Elanga, Pellestri and Amad are clearly not ready to start every week. James won't cut it against PL level opposition, but he can probably do a job in the earlier stages of the league / FA cup.

Assume Lingard will leave but let's see. Maybe he can cover for both Bruno and LW.
250k per week is including all bonuses which won't be achieved if he is not starting games.

LoneStar

I'd be all for selling him IF we sign a replacement. It would be foolish to sell him when our striker options are so limited.

KW2006

He is not good enough to be the starting striker. But he has got enough to be a backup. Would be insane selling without getting an solid replacement.

SeanyC

Rashford out, Cavani at 35 is hardly going to bag 20+ goals a season now, Greenwood still too young to take all that pressure. Doesn’t make sense to let him go unless we have a replacement lined up.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
In terms of actual performance, Lukaku has far surpassed Martial even though Martial is obviously more talented footballer. Goes to show that talent isn't everything in football.
Not for Utd though!

Andersons Dietician

50 mil would be a good price but would seem almost negligent to sell him without a replacement, and given I’m pretty sure our number one target next season is Haaland, I don’t see why you sell or bring someone in who wouldn’t necessarily be an improvement.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If Lingard is back and in plans, it makes perfect sense to play Greenwood as a full time striker. I'd happily sell Martial if the right offer came in, to strengthen defensive midfield.

James Peril

Because Lukaku is more proven and Martial only has 1 season where he's performing better than Lukaku.
Lukaku is 28 and has hit average goalscoring returns in most seasons. What was it before he left? 12 in 30+ games in the league? Well, average is not the right word… but for 100M you don’t want to buy stable, decent or whatever. Chris Wood scored more goals last year than Lukaku did for us in his last season.

Guess the price for Martial is fair given his low status right now and the fact that United are horrible at hiding just that. Lukaku however, the price is ridiculous and way too high for a heavy 28 year old and the notion that he’s going to struggle with keeping levels once he turns 30. Last part is entirely my opinion of course, but he has had a long career and is so big, I struggle to see how he’s going to stay as agile and fresh - we’ll see.

Dan_F

What are you talking about?

Goals last 5 seasons

LukakuMartial
26​
8​
27​
11​
15​
12​
34​
23​
30​
7​
Pointless comparison. He played left wing for the three seasons before he scored those 23.

Anyway, Inter are not going to sell their best player because of financial troubles, then spend over half of that money to replace him. I also don’t see Ole wanting to sell with Rashford being out. We’d be a Cavani injury away from Greenwood playing every game until Rashford came back.

Eplel

Let's not forget he's on 250k/week. Nobody else will pay that to Martial, not with the effort he's putting out on the pitch.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
I won't believe any story i read on paper until he's gone, i strongly believe he's more valuable to us at the moment than the 50m quoted, we need him more than we need the money, If not for anything but for the reason that Rashford is out.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
If Lingard is back and in plans, it makes perfect sense to play Greenwood as a full time striker. I'd happily sell Martial if the right offer came in, to strengthen defensive midfield.
Exactly, this money could be used to strengthen the squad and give 3 players an opportunity (Amad, Elanga, Shoretire). If the first two aren't going on loan, with James and Lingard likely not having any suitors, they will have a huge opportunity to claim a spot in the team.

Andersons Dietician

Let's not forget he's on 250k/week. Nobody else will pay that to Martial, not with the effort he's putting out on the pitch.
Please stop perpetuating this. He is on 180k a week. The 250k comes from end of year bonuses if targets are met which is then broken down over a weekly fee so people like us can wrap their heads around it and it sounds more dramatic. Many many many players are on deals like this. What we hear from papers is the exaggerated and maximum fee they could earn in a year.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
50m would be a good fee.
He's had more than just promise over over years but has frustrated as much as delighted.
And most importantly, isn't quite a winger and isn't quite a striker.

But don't sell him now. Not with Rashy out for months , Cavani maybe not 100% and Sancho still to bed in.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Exactly, this money could be used to strengthen the squad and give 3 players an opportunity (Amad, Elanga, Shoretire). If the first two aren't going on loan, with James and Lingard likely not having any suitors, they will have a huge opportunity to claim a spot in the team.
How sure are you those players you mention can scare opposition like Martial would? We lay too much emphasis on young players, hype them up to shit, I've watched all of those players an none of them can even perform to Martial's level on his day, we shouldn't sell Martial unless we have another striker lined up, or else we'll be in the same situation as we were when we let Lukaku go, good clubs sign before letting players go.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
I guess I'd sell for £50m, even though I'm still hopeful he can become a top player.

Lemansky

Just gossip along with people repeating the same thing (he's shit) over and over for 38 pages.
Thanks. He definitely had a very poor season last year. I have a feeling he gonna be important for us this season tough. He had a good rest, should be motivated and should take his chance now that Rashford is injured for some months. Selling him for 50 million makes no sense at all. Players like James and Lingard should be moved on first.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
How sure are you those players you mention can scare opposition like Martial would? We lay too much emphasis on young players, hype them up to shit, I've watched all of those players an none of them can even perform to Martial's level on his day, we shouldn't sell Martial unless we have another striker lined up, or else we'll be in the same situation as we were when we let Lukaku go, good clubs sign before letting players go.
What's the point in buying those players then if you've got zero plan to integrate them? I'm not exactly piling on the pressure to one player, I'm saying 2 players (Shoretire is not probably ready, but they do rate him highly and still has a chance)- plus James and Lingard, to fight for one spot. Greenwood, Cavani and Rashford for the CF spots is completely fine. Especially when you think we also play Pogba as a LAM.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
If any decent offer shows up I'd let sell him. Seriously I'd rather loan a striker for a season than rely on Martial, who doesn't look anything close to being match fit anyway.

kthanksbye

Martial as 2nd choice anything is never motivated, Martial as first choice isn't good enough for any position if we have title aspirations.

Insert customary very talented player though crap here.

roonster09

Scout
Not sure how 50 million is a good price when we can't sign a decent CF for that price. There aren't many CFs available, so not sure if we can sign good CF to replace him.

roonster09

Scout
Martial as 2nd choice anything is never motivated, Martial as first choice isn't good enough for any position if we have title aspirations.

Insert customary very talented player though crap here.
Martial as a 2nd choice was very motivated when he won his place vs Rashford as a LW in 2017-18, then he had to do it again in 2018-19 and he did it again too. After that both played in different position and together.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Keep him for this season and then send him packing next summer so Haaland can take the 9 shirt

TheRedDevil2019

I'd take the 50mil and run. A fair offer, all sides happy. Use that money to bring in Trippier and Saul, job done that's our incoming signings sorted.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Not sure how 50 million is a good price when we can't sign a decent CF for that price. There aren't many CFs available, so not sure if we can sign good CF to replace him.
If we're targeting a striker next summer, we just need a stop gap loan for one season. So we get the money and experienced, fit striker on a loan. What's the risk? It's not like Martial is ready to play on serious level anyway, he barely looks like a footballer (understandably after a long break, but still).
If Ole sees Martial as the future, then fair enough, but if not - what's the point of refusing an offer to sell?

roonster09

Scout
If we're targeting a striker next summer, we just need a stop gap loan for one season. So we get the money and experienced, fit striker on a loan. What's the risk? It's not like Martial is ready to play on serious level anyway, he barely looks like a footballer (understandably after a long break, but still).
If Ole sees Martial as the future, then fair enough, but if not - what's the point of refusing an offer to sell?
Which player are we going to loan for a CF position, who will be at Martial's level (maybe we have very different views on Martial).

He had shit season and it happens, just a year ago he was a very good CF for us scoring 20+ goals and with very good overall play.

lysglimt

Scout
£5 million for Tuanzebes loan, about £4.5 million in the sell-on clause for Lukaku - if we can get £50 million for Martial, we have recouped enough to sign a midfielder

roonster09

Scout
£5 million for Tuanzebes loan, about £4.5 million in the sell-on clause for Lukaku - if we can get £50 million for Martial, we have recouped enough to sign a midfielder
I think 5 million loan fee includes wages. That's the whole package, Tuanzebe wages + fee for ManUtd.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Which player are we going to loan for a CF position, who will be at Martial's level (maybe we have very different views on Martial).

He had shit season and it happens, just a year ago he was a very good CF for us scoring 20+ goals and with very good overall play.
I have no idea who, we need a striker who can add a few goals really. Martial scored 4 goals in 1480 minutes, this is a terrible outcome and honestly we don't even know what happened to him.

Having a random, fit striker for entire season is better than last season Anthony. But - it all depends if we see a future with Martial, if we do than fair enough, but if there are serious doubts than I would sell him. Like mentioned before, it will take weeks, possibly months for him to get up to speed, Cavani isn't ready either, Rashford is out, so it'd be crucial to get ANYBODY for the beggining of the season.
The difference in Martial 19/20 and 20/21 is something I have never seen before in a footballer (without any particular reason that is). This is a big worry.

roonster09

Scout
I have no idea who, we need a striker who can add a few goals really. Martial scored 4 goals in 1480 minutes, this is a terrible outcome and honestly we don't even know what happened to him.

Having a random, fit striker for entire season is better than last season Anthony. But - it all depends if we see a future with Martial, if we do than fair enough, but if there are serious doubts than I would sell him. Like mentioned before, it will take weeks, possibly months for him to get up to speed, Cavani isn't ready either, Rashford is out, so it'd be crucial to get ANYBODY for the beggining of the season.
The difference in Martial 19/20 and 20/21 is something I have never seen before in a footballer (without any particular reason that is). This is a big worry.
Yeah, last season was shit, probably his worst season. But that's wasn't his usual season, so I wouldn't make decision just based on last season.

He has already shown what he is capable of in multiple seasons (his first season and 2019-20 was very good, 2017-18, 2018-19 was good, 2015-16 and 2020-21 was poor).

If we have someone like Haaland lined up, then yes we can sell him. Not without any replacements, Greenwood is not ready to lead the line, Cavani is not young player. So we shouldn't be trimming the options.