Martial contract news| United confirm new contract signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

I understand David, but Pogba? Clearly wasn't happy with him in the summer.
He wasn't happy with Mourinho, that's as much fact.

However, doesn't make sense he's going to stay for the sake of the new manager's eyes if we end in Europe league while Barca is knocking on the door. He's 26, that's his prime and he should be winning things now, not sure him or Raiola will be entertaining the idea of new 2-3 years project that they don't if it will succeed or not while they have better alternative.

It was easy to handle one season at Europe League but to be at it again and to regress like that will make the star players that want to win consider their options. The team won't look like winning anything big anytime soon if it happens.

Maticmaker

If Martial really wants to leave, then like any other player he will work to that end, or rather his agent will. I'm more concerned with how his sudden improvement in form seems to coincide with talks about a new contract... could the two be related do you think?

In my opinion we can't wait for players to "find their form", "learn on the job", "show potential for the future", etc. we need players now who can deliver good performances on a regular basis, have occasional games where they become "unplayable" and only rarely have "a bad day at the office". Too much to ask is it? Well it shouldn't be, with the size, history and commercial worth of Man United, it should be a given. However with a pair of senior managers seemingly more interested in knocking the spots of one another rather than working in harness together, then we are whistling in the dark.

Fredo

You broke my heart!
Whatever it takes to keep him, the guy is our best player, give him game time and he will deliver, as we all saw.

Skills

Snitch
If Martial really wants to leave, then like any other player he will work to that end, or rather his agent will. I'm more concerned with how his sudden improvement in form seems to coincide with talks about a new contract... could the two be related do you think?

In my opinion we can't wait for players to "find their form", "learn on the job", "show potential for the future", etc. we need players now who can deliver good performances on a regular basis, have occasional games where they become "unplayable" and only rarely have "a bad day at the office". Too much to ask is it? Well it shouldn't be, with the size, history and commercial worth of Man United, it should be a given. However with a pair of senior managers seemingly more interested in knocking the spots of one another rather than working in harness together, then we are whistling in the dark.
How about him you know actually getting game time again (like he was before Sanchez arrived)...

Kapardin

Martial was great even prior to Jose dropping him for Sanchez. He is just picking up where he left off.

Maticmaker

How about him you know actually getting game time again (like he was before Sanchez arrived)...
Yes, presumably it was his improvement in form which got him the extra game time... just coincidence then it happened when talks about a future contract were in the offing?

CA1

Bench until a new contract for me.

You can't keep an unhappy player.

Same as Fellaini last year.

Fredo

You broke my heart!
Bench until a new contract for me.

You can't keep an unhappy player.

Same as Fellaini last year.
Yeah bench our best player at the moment and the only player who might actually score for us at the moment, way to go!

yfoFC

Yes, presumably it was his improvement in form which got him the extra game time... just coincidence then it happened when talks about a future contract were in the offing?

Nah, it was rashford playing crap in the Newcastle game that got him the extra gametime needed to show his worth..

cyberman

Nah, it was rashford playing crap in the Newcastle game that got him the extra gametime needed to show his worth..
Martial started that game as well though
Edit plus Anthony was fantastic in that game

CA1

Yeah bench our best player at the moment and the only player who might actually score for us at the moment, way to go!
Lets give Greenwood a game. A young player who wants to play for United and isn't hung up on getting his agent to get him more money or whatever.

Martial has been in great form over the last month but he and anybody else in this situation should be benched until they sign a new contract.

The club should come first.

Ban

I love how Martial v Jose has cemented itself into fact on here.
Pay the money and he'll stay. I'm sure he's being quoted signing bonuses all over the shop with his contract winding down.
It's a classic people believing what they want to believe stuff.

Cloud7

Because he's very entertaning. I like his posts.:)
He’s an obvious WUM, but his posts are making a few others join suit, who’s posts are a bit milder than his, but unlike him I don’t think they’re wumming :lol:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Why?

Nothing wrong with this comment.
Plenty wrong with his comment, he's got no reasoning or logic behind it. If you benched Martial because he's not signing a new contract then you'd have to do the same with the following players as all their contracts run out in 2019.

Ashley Young
Antonio Valencia
Juan Mata
Matteo Darmian
David de Gea
Ander Herrera
Chris Smalling
Phil Jones
Anthony Martial
Andreas Pereira

Naturally some of these players we may not have offered new contracts too, but De Gea and Martial we have so that means benching two of our best players. It's just daft, he's just got into form and he wants him benched. Yeah ok. :lol:

He's a shit WUM.

arthurka

Plenty wrong with his comment, he's got no reasoning or logic behind it. If you benched Martial because he's not signing a new contract then you'd have to do the same with the following players as all their contracts run out in 2019.

Ashley Young
Antonio Valencia
Juan Mata
Matteo Darmian
David de Gea
Ander Herrera
Chris Smalling
Phil Jones
Anthony Martial
Andreas Pereira

Naturally some of these players we may not have offered new contracts too, but De Gea and Martial we have so that means benching two of our best players. It's just daft, he's just got into form and he wants him benched. Yeah ok. :lol:

He's a shit WUM.
He also mentioned that Fellaini was benched and that worked so....
You might not have the same opinion, I even might not agree with him.
Having another opinion to what the majority thinks can´t be wrong. Even if it is easier to preach it to the masses.
If that was the case humankind would be stuck in the dark ages.

PS
He didn´t even call anyone shit.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I doubt Martial cares one bit about who the manager is, he just wants to play. Mourinho could have easily given Martial double the minutes post Sanchez but he clearly messed that up. Martial had played 1500 minutes before Sanchez came, which dropped to 700 post Sanchez last season. He was very effective off the bench many many times yet was not used enough in the 2nd half of the season for that role.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Should be made highest paid player, captain, given his own parking space next to Ed Woodward and have a stand named after him.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
It seems our priority is to tie up Smalling to a new contract.

Glad to see Woody has got his priorities right.

minoo-utd

Martial and DDG are much much more important than Smallings contract. I hope Ed realise that soon enough.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Yeah, I'm sure that's how the club negotiates contracts, by whoever's is on the top of the pile first.

It's definitely not because one of them wants to re-sign making the process fairly easy, and the other two seemingly don't.

EyeInTheSky

Love how people think that rewarding players in and out of form as soon as they do anything useful is a good idea. Great example to set. "you can be shite or give no effort 90% of the time but have 3 good games and we will treble your wages and give you a 10-year contract and sack any manager if they treat you like everyone else in the squad and dares not to give you extra privileges".

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Love how people think that rewarding players in and out of form as soon as they do anything useful is a good idea. Great example to set. "you can be shite or give no effort 90% of the time but have 3 good games and we will treble your wages and give you a 10-year contract and sack any manager if they treat you like everyone else in the squad and dares not to give you extra privileges".
Agree with this, giving Luke Shaw a new contract a few games into the season was mind boggling. Likely because Woodward was seeing $$$ signs going down the drain. Contracts should be handed at the tail end of seasons or in the pre-season as a reward for a good season. Luke Shaw has steadily gotten worse since his new contract and it happens with many many players.

Same with any player really, let them know that they will get a bumper new contract if they bring the goods over a whole season, not a good 5 games.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He also mentioned that Fellaini was benched and that worked so....
You might not have the same opinion, I even might not agree with him.
Having another opinion to what the majority thinks can´t be wrong. Even if it is easier to preach it to the masses.
If that was the case humankind would be stuck in the dark ages.

PS
He didn´t even call anyone shit.
Did it? Don't really see him offering much and no foreign club wanted to sign him for his wage demands. He was also not in the same form as Martial is now for us (i.e. carrying us). I'd rather he continue this excellent form, help us get in the top 4 and then if he still doesn't sign we sell in the Summer. That is sensible management. Throwing him on the bench when he's just got back into top form is detrimental to our season.

I didn't call anyone shit either, I called CA1 a shit WUM. Not much to argue about with that statement based on his recent posting history.

EyeInTheSky

Agree with this, giving Luke Shaw a new contract a few games into the season was mind boggling. Likely because Woodward was seeing $$$ signs going down the drain. Contracts should be handed at the tail end of seasons or in the pre-season as a reward for a good season. Luke Shaw has steadily gotten worse since his new contract and it happens with many many players.

Same with any player really, let them know that they will get a bumper new contract if they bring the goods over a whole season, not a good 5 games.
Can't argue with that. I can see why they do it because they are young players and a long future ahead all things considered but very annoying to see the clamouring of "give them what they want" unless they have been here and achieved consistently over a number of seasons. It's not even so much the money part but more the fact that people think they know what is going on behind the scenes with contracts and believing the shite feck press on absolutely anything and everything.

Darlington Padgett

People are going to blame Woodward for overpaying, but the fact is the way the idiot has managed the players (and Martial) means we're having to go in this negotiation with one hand tied behind our back. Everything is in martials hands, and it's down to us to convince him to stay.
We have 8-9 players with expiring contracts. We're overpaying because we put ourselves in a position where a player can leave in a ver and they have all the power to ask for whatever they want and you can only blame Woodward for that.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Martial started that game as well though
Edit plus Anthony was fantastic in that game
He was going to get hooked off that game. Take him out we don't come back and his run of form doesn't start.

It just happened that Rashford had other plans and was so awful that Mourinho changed who was going to get subbed and took off Rashford instead. And it seems like since then Mourinho has learned not to hook off Martial by the hour mark and let him play full games now because he's now realized that Martial always has a moment of magic in him.

arthurka

Did it? Don't really see him offering much and no foreign club wanted to sign him for his wage demands. He was also not in the same form as Martial is now for us (i.e. carrying us). I'd rather he continue this excellent form, help us get in the top 4 and then if he still doesn't sign we sell in the Summer. That is sensible management. Throwing him on the bench when he's just got back into top form is detrimental to our season.

I didn't call anyone shit either, I called CA1 a shit WUM. Not much to argue about with that statement based on his recent posting history.
Fellaini signed a new contract didnt he?
So it did work, even if no one here wanted him to stay.

That said I think benching Martial wont work. Mourinho has tried and tested that method when we bought Sanchez. That is one of the reason we are in this mess, Mourinho not finding our best 11 and working with that has hit us hard as the list you wrote earlier showed clearly.

But if thats what he thinks he should be allowed to say it even if we dont agree with him. ShitWUM or not.

yfoFC

He was going to get hooked off that game. Take him out we don't come back and his run of form doesn't start.

It just happened that Rashford had other plans and was so awful that Mourinho changed who was going to get subbed and took off Rashford instead. And it seems like since then Mourinho has learned not to hook off Martial by the hour mark and let him play full games now because he's now realized that Martial always has a moment of magic in him.
This

I've said it a couple of times on this forum but it seemed I was speaking to the wind or was just running my mouth, glad someone else picked up on it..

Marcky411

Martial will not sign a new contract as long as Jose is manager. He will not be prepared to sign for 5 years on the bench.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Fellaini signed a new contract didnt he?
So it did work, even if no one here wanted him to stay.

That said I think benching Martial wont work. Mourinho has tried and tested that method when we bought Sanchez. That is one of the reason we are in this mess, Mourinho not finding our best 11 and working with that has hit us hard as the list you wrote earlier showed clearly.

But if thats what he thinks he should be allowed to say it even if we dont agree with him. ShitWUM or not.
We were a last resort. He was fully prepared to leave for better pay but his agent didn't get it. I don't call that working. If a better tier of player tried it (like Martial, De Gea, Rashford etc) then they'd get the money they ask for. It's fine benching squad players like Fellaini, but you don't do it to your best players unless you have players of similar caliber who can fill in. We don't. Therefore it's daft.

It'd be like benching De Gea for Henderson and hoping for a good outcome. Just imagine the pressure on the kid coming in, basically being used as a political tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.