Martin Dúbravka - Recalled by Newcastle

CM

Didn't we pay £5m for the season? Hopefully we got some of our cash back...
It was a £2m loan fee with the option of making it permanent for a further £6m. Not sure if the early recall changes the terms of the loan fee

the_cliff

It was a £2m loan fee with the option of making it permanent for a further £6m. Not sure if the early recall changes the terms of the loan fee
It must do.

What's to stop teams getting the loan fee and recalling the player after a game or 2 ?

CM

It must do.

What's to stop teams getting the loan fee and recalling the player after a game or 2 ?
Pretty sure the recall clause must've only become active in the January transfer window, hence why it's happened on 1st January

DevTheRed

You’re telling me I watched all those YouTube compilations of him for no reason?! :annoyed:

Costa1903

Could do with clarification we have got the loan fee returned, Newcastle are a smug club and their fans will be giving it , we have got 2 million off you for nothing. Smug is not a good colour for them

strandty

Working in football before, usually any fees are payable within 28 days but that’s with loans without any recall clause and also includes transfer fees without predetermined structures.

I can imagine if they had a recall clause in January, we’d have had half payment up front and half at the end of January, so can’t imagine we’d have paid the full amount.

PoTMS

£1m fee (plus wages) to have him play two games against Villa and Burnley in the League Cup.

Kaos

A bit of a weird one from them. Not exactly like he was tearing it up for us. Did they think he might have been the difference for us beating them to top 4 :lol:

I do feel a little for him though. This was clearly a dream move for him only for it to be cut short. Oh well, at least he got to play for us I suppose.

JustinC00

A bit of a weird one from them. Not exactly like he was tearing it up for us. Did they think he might have been the difference for us beating them to top 4 :lol:

I do feel a little for him though. This was clearly a dream move for him only for it to be cut short. Oh well, at least he got to play for us I suppose.
Probably means Karius isn't extending his deal which is up this month..

Last edited:

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I guess we’re Top 4 rivals and now any injury to De Gea means Heaton is in goal and there’s a significant gap between the two. So they’re probably playing the odds to make sure we have no cover

GloryHunter07

I guess we’re Top 4 rivals and now any injury to De Gea means Heaton is in goal and there’s a significant gap between the two. So they’re probably playing the odds to make sure we have no cover
That was my thought too. Could we not just recall Henderson though?

RedDevilRoshi

Was a weird signing to begin with. Heaton was more than adequate enough to be the number two and I think he’s the better keeper.

Think he only played against Burnley and fair to say, didn’t fill any of us with much confidence. Looked an absolute nervous wreck.

JustKatie

Shocking loss to the team! I mean he was that guy who did that...um thing in that one game.

dalriada

Never understood why we signed him after bringing in Heaton and retiring Grant. The whole business of our keepers has been a bit of a shambles, with its origins in Henderson's demands to be a first-choice keeper. That led to the club releasing Romero completely unnecessarily, then eventually having to loan Henderson out again when De Gea's form recovered, which meant we needed cover for De Gea - in other words, we'd have been better keeping Romero in the first place.
Then to bring in Dúbravka when we'd signed Heaton was baffling.

dabronxolivera

Supports
Al Hilal
Gonna go down to the trivia book. His name will be mentioned a lot in trivia quiz

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Another Murtough masterclass. What a genius