5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracture90

Gotta be one of the best talents in the world now? I may be biased but there aren't many under20 youngsters that are better than him.

Also unlike James, Mason's occasional selfishness can be justified because he's such a good finisher. Hopefully he'll keep on developing.

Evans999

He gets so much power with minimal back lift. Always catches the unsuspecting keeper out. He's just a fantastic finisher.

Alemar

What's this base foot though ? He hits the ball so good with both feet that I can't even tell which one he prefers ... Is he left-footed or right-footed ?
left footed, but prefers to take FKs and penalties with his right

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
So pleased with this lad.

Excellent goal, beautiful cross to Bruno.

18 years old.

Watched that Busby documentary a few weeks ago and it really made me remember that this is what the club is all about - young exciting talent.

Greenwood personifies all this. Looking forward to seeing how he develops throughout this decade.

ShinjiNinja26

What's this base foot though ? He hits the ball so good with both feet that I can't even tell which one he prefers ... Is he left-footed or right-footed ?
He’s naturally left footed but he’s so good with his right it’s hard to tell. Takes free kicks with either and penalties with his right. Unbelievable.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Impressive pace for the counter for Bruno's second goal. Haven't got to see him much with acres infront of him to run in to. Mightn't have explosive acceleration but he's certainly no slouch
He looks a hell of a lot quicker after the break, probably as a result of putting on abit more muscle which is normal at that age. Such an exciting time to watch him at the moment.

Mcking

Those low, flat, hard shots works a treat virtually everytime regardless of the goalkeeper's position. Amazing the amount of goals he's scored that way.

iHicksy

I think he's the best young natural finisher i've seen at the club since a young Wayne Rooney rocked up. (RvP being the best)

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Definitely looks more and more left footed, to me anyway. It's true he is capable with both feet, but seems to look more comfortable coming inside and going on his left whenever I watch him.

flappyjay

Definitely looks more and more left footed, to me anyway. It's true he is capable with both feet, but seems to look more comfortable coming inside and going on his left whenever I watch him.
I think it's more to do with playing on the right, the natural thing is to cut in with the left. If he played on the left we would probably seem him attempting more shots with the right foot.

Nick7

Kid is just ridiculous. Im on the give him the RW spot and forget Sancho. Yes Sancho would be a great signing but now Im thinking our back ups are more of a priority than RW. For instance would you prefer something like Upamacano + Grealish or Sancho for similar money? What would help our team more? Then we can buy Brooks or someone cheapish to help out on the RW.
He hopefully won't be playing on the right wing for much longer. He's a centre forward.
He's left footed, but equally good with either. Takes penalties with both.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is so dangerous when he gets the ball on the right wing, isolated with FB. He just takes them on and they don't know which way he will go. Maybe I'm wrong here, I think he is playing with more freedom after the restart. He is stronger physically, he is taking on defenders, even he tracks back to win possession. He looks much more confident player now. More like a Man than young boy.

youngrell

Don't know why people are so worried about signing a rw. It would leave us with 4 top players who can all play pretty much all the front 3 positions. Plenty of game time for that
Exactly. Without further additions, we will be going back to asking Mata, Andreas and Lingard to fill forward spots during injury/rest periods. Much rather have another top talent to rotate with.

bsCallout

The kid put in some real good work off the ball and defensively yesterday. I'm a fan already.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Don't think Sancho would affect his development one bit. Just look at how many minutes Mata, Lingard and Mata have had this season.
As someone mentioned earlier, once we sub a forward, the drop in quality is too big.
Also at 18, he doesn't have to start every game.
Same here. Plus Sancho can play SS or LW, so isn't necessarily in direct competition with Greenwood, who could also play up front and maybe even LW. Sancho can also rotate with Fernandes and Rashford. We need quality options in all attacking positions.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Didn't Rooney start a lot more games as well?
I'm pretty sure Rooney played a lot more minutes than Greenwood has this season. For all Rooney's undoubted brilliance at a similar age, I genuinely think Mason is the more composed finisher.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Should always start. Goal and assist were well taken.
Completely agree. He's just come off a long break, he's young, fresh and in great form. His defensive work rate is proof of how much energy he has.

He's the first name I look for on the team sheet at the moment. So exciting to watch.

Fosu-Mens

He is so dangerous when he gets the ball on the right wing, isolated with FB. He just takes them on and they don't know which way he will go. Maybe I'm wrong here, I think he is playing with more freedom after the restart. He is stronger physically, he is taking on defenders, even he tracks back to win possession. He looks much more confident player now. More like a Man than young boy.
He seems to have improved/adjusted to the pace of the opposition during the break and plays like he did for the U18 2 seasons ago. He is far more relaxed and is able to shake of the the press when in possession --> More press resistant. As a footballer, I think he is not far behind Rashford/Martial, if behind at all. Technically, he is better than them.

Edit: Small sample space, but based on the two games he has started since the break.

Sylar

Fantastic as a wide forward. Hes not being used as a winger which is great. Hes closer to the goal, and what make him difficult to defend his the way he uses both feet. Normally you can say show him outside or inside to get him to a weaker foot. But once hes on the edge of the box, he can drag the ball either way (after a few stepovers) and its a (strong) shot at goal.

I reckon defenders will try double team him but with the way were moving the ball now, its going to be difficult to do this all the time. And if they do, it frees up other players. AWB going up helps too as hes making good overlap runs too.

Nick7

Fantastic as a wide forward. Hes not being used as a winger which is great. Hes closer to the goal, and what make him difficult to defend his the way he uses both feet. Normally you can say show him outside or inside to get him to a weaker foot. But once hes on the edge of the box, he can drag the ball either way (after a few stepovers) and its a (strong) shot at goal.

I reckon defenders will try double team him but with the way were moving the ball now, its going to be difficult to do this all the time. And if they do, it frees up other players. AWB going up helps too as hes making good overlap runs too.
AWB is far better with him than James. The fact Greenwood cuts in gives AWB a lot of space that doesn't exist when James is playing.

Sylar

AWB is far better with him than James. The fact Greenwood cuts in gives AWB a lot of space that doesn't exist when James is playing.
Yeah I think thats fair. I think it wouldnt matter if James output on the right was high, although James looks better on the left cutting in himself.
But AWB recently has been great at driving forward esp 1on1s to put in a cross. And his crosses have more purpose behind them then the standard float a cross or hit the defenders ankles as hard as you can.

KennyBurner

Don’t know why he wasn’t awarded man of the match yesterday. He scored, assisted and was all over the pitch pressing. Also scored the winning goal.
He also plays in the half space which gives pogba and AWB an outlet to pass too. Notice how AWB now has 2 assists in 3 games when playing with mason. Mason not hugging the touch line and mixing it up has elevated AWB.

Nickelodeon

I like him playing on our RW. I know that may not be his natural position but coming in from the right and being proficient with both feet is a major boon.

Similar to Salah, he can still become a leading goalscorer without playing in the conventional #9 position. Early days though. But he seems absolutely fantastic. Hopefully stays injury free.

Andersons Dietician

I think yesterday was probably the best game he has played in the 1st team. Always felt that he was on the periphery of games. He’d pop up with a goal but wasn’t involved in the game bar that one contribution.

Yesterday is the first game where I’ve felt like he was involved for the whole time he was on the pitch. Goal aside he pressed, he held the ball, he tracked back, he passed it about. It was a proper performance. Then there is the whole him being absolutely deadly.
He just loves that corner. Seems to find it all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.