Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Wasteful to start and was anonymous for a bit (although that might have been Chong's fault in the second half) but buckled down and took his goal very well.

RedCurry

He’s going to be a different striker than someone who runs in behind and harasses opposition, for example Rashford. Hope Ole recognizes it and let’s him develop into his own player instead of trying to make him into something he’s not.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The kid can finish, which in football is 90% of the game. It doesn't matter if you are average for 89 minutes if you use a single minute to settle a match. He carved out that chance for himself and settled the match. Can't ask for much more than that.

meamth

At the very last moment, he saw the glimpse of the love he would get on the bed that night. Tunnel vision kicks in, Greenwood saw what everyone couldn't see, the sight of her GF on goal....RVP's soul came into his body and BOOM! He scored...the night will be full of delightful shagging.

In all seriousness, that was RVP set of move when he scored. The body movement is eerily similar.

Name Changed

weso26
He was fairly anonymous but scored a super goal when it really mattered. He needs to play in the centre to get the best out of him in my opinion.

We have very few options due to our lack of depth so he will get plenty of game time.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Can’t believe you told him about the Caf! Make sure he never visits unless we win
It’s cool you know him. Tell him not to listen to any hype, good or bad. Just get his head down and concentrate on improving.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Ole watched Rashford waste 3 chances and then slotted this guy into his spot instead. Ole really does fancy Masons finishing over rash’s.
You just can’t deny it. The kid has a god given talent. We’re jist lucky in comes in the form of RVP

kiristao

Was anonymous for most of the game but did his bit when it mattered. We are struggling on RW and he seems to do well there so it night not be such a bad idea to play him there while he develops before moving him to CF.

Bwuk

Took his goal well but struggled to get into the game.

Hopefully the goal will settle his nerves and he'll be more comfortable in his next few games. He'll 100% start against Rochdale. Hopefully bang in a few there.

ottosec

Not the best game for him, but scored and had another two big chances.

I am really excited about this kid!

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Apart from the goal thought he was invisible but hopefully that gives him the confidence to get involved more. His lethargy has been the biggest issue in his games to date.. if he had 10% of Chongs energy he would be killing it already.

TrustInOle

Excellent composure for the goal last night, and is well above his age in this regard. So refreshing to see a striker who knows where the goal is instinctively.

Last night, and theoughout the season so far and pre season, his finishingnis so crisp and accurate that even his misses are just tipping the post or half a yard wide. So i believe there is truth in Ole hyping his finishing. As others have said, very Van Persie esc.

I just hope he gets a run through the middle as he will strive more there, holds the ball up well, brilliant first touch and ice cold in the box. Can happily say ive seen enough now (youth and this season) that i believe this kid is the real deal.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
He's only 17, playing his first senior game a OT in an European night... fine.

But I think he wasn't good yesterday. He often lost the tempo due to poor first touches.

He still has time to perfect his in movement technic and calm a bit his nerves but if we want him to be our super sub and scoring lots of goals, we are dead

Alabaster Codify7

He was poor BUT his composure, skill and finish was top drawer and a real indicator of a natural goal scorer. To have had such a minimal impact throughout the game and then turn around from nowhere with that, great signs.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
From what I've seen of the lad in the first team he strikes me as a penalty box player, pointless having him trying to beat men out on the wing, get him 'within the widths of the posts' and let him do his thing

Problem is at 17 years old playing him through the middle at the weekend against mountains like Diop will do him no favours

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
BT Sport were hyping Greenwood beyond belief after last nights showing.
Just.Calm.The.Feck.Down.

Raven

He was pretty poor overall, good goal though, looking forward to seeing more of him.

Nickosaur

At the very last moment, he saw the glimpse of the love he would get on the bed that night. Tunnel vision kicks in, Greenwood saw what everyone couldn't see, the sight of her GF on goal....RVP's soul came into his body and BOOM! He scored...the night will be full of delightful shagging.
eh?

Irrational.

BT Sport were hyping Greenwood beyond belief after last nights showing.
Just.Calm.The.Feck.Down.
I noticed that. Had a whole segment devoted to him. Owen in particular was going a bit nuts with the hyperbole saying he's been observing him for 'years' and that he's the best talent in world football at his age level. Ffs :lol:

Onerealunited

A very good player. He should though be used more as a CF and not as a winger. Hopefully next week in the cup he will be our main CF. Also I think Rashford has more to offer on the left wing than at CF

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Was it just me that didn't think he was poor. His performance outside of the goal was quiet sure, but the things he did with the ball were good, he played some smart passes and looked excellent technically. I think it's a common theme on here that people slate players who have quiet games when in reality that is just as dependent on the team as the individual.

Reiver

I thought he did fine. Unlucky not to get an early goal which I think would have settled him. After that he was trying a bit too hard to create something and looked a bit nervous. But he got his goal and did well overall I thought.

romufc

Was it just me that didn't think he was poor. His performance outside of the goal was quiet sure, but the things he did with the ball were good, he played some smart passes and looked excellent technically. I think it's a common theme on here that people slate players who have quiet games when in reality that is just as dependent on the team as the individual.
I think he had a good game too. It is hard to judge when they have 11 men behind the ball.
This is the problem we have, he didnt lose the ball much, didn't do much wrong, interchanged with Gomes, Rashy well.

The issue with fans is they expect way too much from players, he is hardly going to beat 4/5 men v a packed defence, I actually think he played maturely because he knew he isn't going past players so it was more movement.

Second half he was played central and he hung wide for the goal and took it well.

DoomSlayer

Great to see him score his first professional goal. One of hopefully hundreds more. An exceptional talent and our own youth player, it doesn't get any better.

By the way, what is this "daddy" thing going on about him? :lol: Surely I've missed something with this story.

Stadjer

Great to see him score his first professional goal. One of hopefully hundreds more. An exceptional talent and our own youth player, it doesn't get any better.

By the way, what is this "daddy" thing going on about him? :lol: Surely I've missed something with this story.
His girlfriend made a snapchat video where Greenwood told her he wanted to go home to feck and asked her if she wants "daddys dick" (refering to his dick i assume :lol:)

Some people made a problem out of it and didnt want him to start amynore...

DoomSlayer

His girlfriend made a snapchat video where Greenwood told her he wanted to go home to feck and asked her if she wants "daddys dick" (refering to his dick i assume :lol:)

Some people made a problem out of it and didnt want him to start amynore...
I'm sure he scored a brace last night then. :lol: Not surprised that our fans found a new thing to meltdown over though.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Let’s be honest he wasn’t that great overall but frightening potential can be seen in glimpses. And a great goal.

Not much to rave about yet but you can see he’ll get there soon.

Josep Dowling

Based on what? You can't seriously have watched tonight and use that as an argument that he needs to play centrally. Once again as soon as he went central he disappeared and didn't touch the ball. He couldn't even handle the physicality of playing centrally in the u23s and was forced wide in every single game just to get into the ball. He's shown absolutely nothing to suggest he needs to play CF. In fact he's shown the complete opposite. He can't handle playing as the striker role at this level yet. He needs the space to pick up the ball which he isn't given centrally. He went wide and he got the goal. He's regularly played wide his entire life. His consistently had to drop wide to get on the ball for the u23s and for the first team. He doesn't need to play centrally and it won't ruin anything considering he has shown zero ability to handle play centrally yet.
Firstly I would say chill out, it's my opinion. Secondly he's 17 so at that age he will get bullied by decent CBs. Thirdly to say he has shown absolutely nothing to be a CF when he has more than 1 goal to game ratio at youth level is ridiculous, I also don't agree he's played wide in most of his youth games as well.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Nothing wrong with his game, even goal aside. Was unspectacular, but he’s technically very tidy. There were many scenarios where other players would lose the ball that he kept it and played a simple pass to a teammate. His left footed shot was brilliant too, so clean and was just an inch past the post.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Nothing wrong with his game, even goal aside. Was unspectacular, but he’s technically very tidy. There were many scenarios where other players would lose the ball that he kept it and played a simple pass to a teammate. His left footed shot was brilliant too, so clean and was just an inch past the post.
His on touch passes into Gomes mainly with his back to goal were very good. He looks like he'll develop into a very good forward with great holdup and linkup play

Status
Not open for further replies.